Halp! Trill unable to connect to chat.

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Halp! Trill unable to connect to chat.

Post by Scumfish »

Hey,

Since the update on chat the other day, both Pup and I haven't been able to connect to the Nightscrawler's chatroom over Trill. Everything else is working fine, and we can get on it via Java, but none of the ports works for IRC >< Halp?

Scum
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Re: Halp! Trill unable to connect to chat.

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, the update in chat is irrelevant; there's been no downtime thus far, though I may post a downtime announcement later in the week. The server's up and you can connect via Java, so I'm not sure what it could be; I'd look at firewalls on your computer(s) that may be blocking outbound connections first. Anything that's changed recently.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Nothing has changed...firewalls are fine on both, no settings have been touched :/ No updates, no settings...Grah. Gremlins.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Can you give me the connection details you're using? The only thing that's changed on the server side is that shadowedcorner.com, which I may have specified in connection instructions ages ago, is now my playground for IPv6 testing and isn't going to be accessible to, well, most of the Internet. You should be connecting to chat.nightscrawlers.com, port 6000.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

That's the settings I'm using: chat.shadowedcorner.com, port 6000, and it still won't connect either of us >< Yeah, we both set up using those instructions, then it just stopped connecting. I've gone through all the settings from firewall to Trill, reloaded and everything and nothing's working ><
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

You need to use chat.nightscrawlers.com instead of chat.shadowedcorner.com. The domain shadowedcorner.com is now unavailable to anyone without IPv6 connectivity, and chat.* only existed for backwards compatibility anyway.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Ah hah! Excellent, thank you. Odd that it was working right up to that day >< Ah well. Thank you for your time, dude ^^