How do you feel when your creation changes?

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Dave, what is it like to see a character you helped birth change?? Like when Claremont chose to add the religious aspect to Nightcrawler? Or Uncanny X-Men #429-432, The Draco story, which I had trouble enjoying 'cause I just didn't want to see that element added to Kurt's character. It is like hard to swallow, oh Great Dark Bamf, Sir!!:worship

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Yeah, it's hard to swallow. I tried to talk Chris oiut of the religious angle before he actually started it. I originally pressed for the swashbuckling persona, because that reflected my personality, and I felt that Kurt represented ME in the book. When it comes to religion, I'm a non-participant. I feel that I have no answers and I don't believe that an ybody else does either.

I didn't like the Draco storyline either, but sort of felt I couldn't complain, since I'd wanted Nightmare to be his father, and Nightmare sort of had a demonic aspect too. So it was kind of 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'.

But I'm usually snarfed when somebody alters one of my characters. And I was royally PISSED when they killed Colossus. Thank goodness they brought him back.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

I love Kurt the swashbuckler, too! Alexander Dumas' "The Three Musketeers" , "Twenty Years After", and "The Man in the Iron Mask" are my faves in lit!! Nightcrawler in the early days will always be my hero!

:worship Thank you for him!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

Post by jafabian »

Hey Dave, so how did you feel when it was decided to kill off Thunderbird when he was just introduced? It's always been something that's bugged me.
Beware the Sleestak
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Well, I was a party to that decision at th e time. It seemed like a logical thing to do. His abilities were pretty much duplicated by Wolverine, so we took the easy way out and killed him off, rather than develop him as an individual in his own right. I've regreted it since then, but what's done is done. Actually, Paty and I have kicked around an idea of how to bring him back, but I ddoubt it'll ever get used.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I bet Claremont would be able to pull it off:LOL And with him taking control of Exiles, he could go into a story that explains that John wasn't really killed in the planecrash, but instead displaced in time due to the explosion of some of Nefaria's weird equipment.. they could meet up with the stranded John Proudstar and he joins the team, then when Psylocke returns (assuming her run in Exiles isn't permanent) she could take him back with her.. it'd take him a while to get used to this new reality, considering by now his younger brother is probably his age or even older, but to have the original (technically) Thunderbird back would be pretty cool.. far our idea, but I'm sure there have been things further out there before *cough*Xorneto*cough*