XX-Men [Adjectiveless] - Marvel NOW!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

XX-Men [Adjectiveless] - Marvel NOW!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What a great start, huh?

Brian Wood's story and Oliver Coipel's art really blends together a fantastic (and newsworthy]) comic series.

I never thought I'd care about Jubilee as a character but already from one issue, I do.
:jubes

What did you guys think?
Last edited by Ult_Sm86 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: X-Men (Marvel Now!)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So Brian Wood's "adjectiveless" X-Men (or as some call it, XX-Men, as it's an all female team) is kick-ass reading. I went from being in love with it to wishy-washy about it after issue no. 005 but now at 010, I am fully and totally BACK ON BOARD! The incorporation of Jean Grey Academy students and next month's issue including some of Scott's X-Men (essentially the New Brotherhood) is making this whole chess-like battle with Akrea's new Sisterhood of Mutants really exciting.

AND MADELYNE PRYOR AND SELENE GALLO BEING ADDED TO THE MIX?! :surprise :surprise

Supah stoked.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: XX-Men [Adjectiveless] - Marvel NOW!

Post by Starfish »

It's really one of my favourite book from Marvel at the moment, not the least because Wood is dedicated to continue the backup story featuring the young X-Men. In fact, that's the primary reason I'm reading it. It's almost like having half an issue of New X-Men each month again.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm pretty sure they're going to give him that at some point... I can't imagine they wouldn't... That's what this seems to be building up to, for me at least. Really if you pay attention to each title, you'll see the writer leaving cookie-crumb-trails of where the next title might go.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

That would be fantastic, and many fans are hoping that this is what they're working towards. Both Wood and Anka haven't made a secret out of wanting to give the kids more spotlight, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to convince Marvel to give them that chance. Not only that, but with Mike Marts' return to Marvel as executive editor, chances are better than ever. He gave us New X-Men back in the day, and still is a great fan of these characters.

Even if that won't happen in the near future, there's still the possibility that Wood might add some of the X-kids to the main team roster after the next arc, which is something he didn't want to rule out. So fingers crossed!