Storm & Black panther (for Storm/Bp fans only)

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Moonrider
Lubber
Lubber

Storm & Black panther (for Storm/Bp fans only)

Post by Moonrider »

On of my favorite couples are Storm and Bp. I was really upset when they got divorced :(
I also got mad when they paired Ororo with Logan :mad
Storm and Bp are perfect for one another, the two have a long history together, why can't marvel see that? Ororo belongs with T'Challa, not Logan! The guy KILLED two of his girlfriends, how can Storm be with him?
However, I still have hope for them to get back together because:
1) They're friends again, after everything that happened in AvX
2) They still have feelings for each other
3) Kymera (if she really is T'Challa's daughter) is the ultamite evidence that they'll be back together
So who thinks that they should get back together? Because it would be the best thing marvel would have done.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Storm & Black panther (for Storm/Bp fans only)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

1) "Friends" ... we'll see if that turns into something or not. I have a sneaking suspicion one of the directions PAK is intending to take Storm in her solo book is away from that path. Have her sorta strike out as her own character, not his wife.

2) They're a divorced couple, I can't imagine how they wouldn't have some sort of feelings but I think T'Challa is probably going to see some action/his own solo soon enough. If "Avengers 3" ever hopes to be a success, they need to make up for the lack of PoC in A/A2, and they gotta put Falcon/Black Panther in there.

3) Her giant mutant cat is a pretty good indicator to me she's the Princess of Wakanda. I wouldn't be surprised if this "definite future" becomes an alternate one in no time, however.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Moonrider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Moonrider »

If it does become an "alternate", then her presence in this timeline won't be a problem. I'll be ok with her staying and maybe become close with her parents (If wolverine's the dad, I'm going to comit suicide!!!)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

(If wolverine's the dad, I'm going to comit suicide!!!)
That's a helluva overeaction.

Look, even if Logan was the dad (which I don't see how that can be as he is going to die this month and yeah, that won't stick around for long but if they'll smart they'll make Logan's death stick as long as Jean, at least as long as Kurt), it's likely the father is out of the picture as is her mother. I feel like she didn't get along well with either.

I still need to read more about her in Battle of the Atom but from what I can figure... this whole timeline is really screwy.

BUT ... I don't know what Bendis is planning but the pieces are surely starting to come together.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Moonrider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Moonrider »

Ok maybe it is a helluva overreaction, but I just can't stand Storm & Logan being together.
I agree on everything you said, we don't know how the writers are thinking. I mean it's bad enough they ruined Storm (Honestly I hate the mohowk cuz it always changes her personality in my opinion) now they ruined the timeline with all these future guys. Kymera is the only one I like, not cuz she's Storm's kid, but because I find her interesting. Why did they get rid of her when she was starting to be so cool I have no idea, it's like they're making new interesting things for us, then in a blink, they screw it just when we were getting more intersted. I felt like that when they ruined the Storm/ Bp pairing. I don't blame other fans if they don't want them to get back together because of the way they were portrayed when they were married but I just hope the two would get back together & written well.
Last edited by Moonrider on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I agree on everything you said, we don't know how the writers are thinking. I mean it's bad enough they ruined Storm (Honestly I hate the mohowk cuz it always changes her personality in my opinion)
Couple things I'll point out here:

The mohawk predates this current run.

Storm's attitude has always been a fierce one. She's cool like a sunny day in early May in one second and then in a flash of lightning, she's an energized tempest of anger and hostility. Her character is all over the place emotionally.

She's one of Xavier's key students for a multitude of reasons besides being intelligent. I assume as a Storm fan you know her origins?

For me, those origins make her one of the most incredible of the batch. They're all social outcasts, but she was a different story... A little closer to Colossus' really, but still very different.
Most of the mutants from the Uncanny Giant Size issue who then became the 2nd Generation, all started as being sort of convicts of the human kind. They were chased out (Kurt), treated as tools or weapons (Logan, arguably Colossus who had to use his mutant strength to keep his family's poor Russian farm running/save his sister), and then Banshee and Thunderbird who just were social outcasts,... I believe. (Should re-read that). So all together, very negative experiences.

THEN THERE'S STORM. She starts as a street-thief/homeless young girl and became a "goddess" and a "windrider" long before Xavier & his crew came to gather her for their school. She isn't seen as a just a freak, she is also seen as a savior, a miracle, a god, and a friend. That is huge in comparison to the others who all come from a place deeply seeded in hate. It wasn't that Storm wasn't subjected tot hat hardly. Ororo saw all sorts of hatred and prejudice. But...

With Xavier's help she learned of injustices and how to combat them. There were more than those that take place in the continent of Africa, but being her home is located there she takes a personal offense whenever any sort of injustice, human or mutant, takes place there.

And when she gets dark, she gets dark. I forget what it was that caused her to have the change of design originally, but it was along the same lines of what put her in Uncanny X-Force most recently with Psylocke, Puck, & the others. In truth, she couldn't take it anymore. She has a mean streak, for sure, and in her character is an unquenched fear of those who are afraid of her, and a hostility to them as well. She has usually been good at keeping her shit together, but the mohawk for me is a sign that she's sort of trying to become her own person.

Greg Pak is currently running her solo (I'm assuming you read it?) and he's done a tremendous job capturing the aspect of her personality that is confused between a person meant to teach peace, defense, and balance when she grew up in, and is surrounded by, so much death and hatred.

So it makes sense she's with Logan now.
The two always had a ... thing until Jean came back around, and then that sort of became Storm/Kurt's thing until Raachel came around (damn Greys).

Logan IS a killer, and you can use the term WAS if you are a current Logan fan and feel like he's trying to curb that (I certainly don't), but he IS an educator now. He was headmaster (still is?) gave that position to Storm as well, and the two of them, being two of the oldest members besides Bobby & Hank, are the most appropriate to teach the young mutants the balance of the world.

Storm is especially perfect for Logan right now because he is dying. And he's kidding himself if he didn't think he was going to die soon anyways with his healing factor out. Storm, who has gotten particularly protective of him, is in denial of this too, but they both know what drove them together.

Her shot to finally be with someone who isn't just sweet, kind, flattering, and overtly-majestic (T'Challa) ... and a bit of a know-it-all, and an opportunity to be with someone a little more humble (despite his cathphrase being "I'm the best at what I do, bub"). She gets a great relationship out of this because Logan will never let anything happen to her, and I feel like T'Challa was too busy being an avenger and though the two were "cute" married, it didn't make sense why they didn't revisit them as a couple more often. (Though the "Black Panther" run with Storm was cool).

Logan gets to be with a friend. All the people he's been with, this is someone who won't betray him and who I genuinely believe would want to be there to hold his hand on his way out.

The three of them, Kurt, Logan, and Storm... and you know what Pietor too, are all a very tight group of friends and though 4 sounds like a lot, they are the only remaining members of the X-Team they joined (and I say that knowing they consider themselves true X-Men and Scott to be a cheater-cheater-booger-eater-had-a-girl-and-wouldn't-meet-her-not-at-the-park-or-at-the-mall-he-wouldn't-answer-if-she'd-call). So...

That all said... Greg Pak's series really takes STORM out of her element and creates a book that I think is really about her as a freedomfighter, not as an X-man, and that I appreciate more than a team book featuring the character.

If she broke off from the X-Men completely after Logan's death, you wouldn't see me shed a tear. In fact, that might be the only way she finds her way back to T'Challa, to be honest. Not that she has to!

After all...

HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

I hope that Storm never gets back with BP. BP is a tool, he is a walking plot device and with all wanking off done on this guy he should chang his name to the "white Panther".
Storm is way better off with out him.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I agree but only partially.

He's outstanding under a strong writer. I sometimes worry that most of the authors, majority white, don't know how to handle him. I think a street-level, indie-style book is needed.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I agree but only partially.

He's outstanding under a strong writer. I sometimes worry that most of the authors, majority white, don't know how to handle him. I think a street-level, indie-style book is needed.
It is not just the white writers the black writer just come across as raciests. I use to like BP but I am no longer a fan. It is really to bad they can't just Wright him as a hero instead of a "black hero".
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah, my problem with the character is he hasn't been written as a black hero in years. Which is what he needs. Black creators and black readership want a black character to rally behind. Just give it to them already. Stop messing around, embrace the fact that he's the only black guy in the Illuminati, one of the only people of color on the Avengers (top tier), and he's the KING of a country and spends most of his time in the U.S....
How's about we focus on those aspects and how he feels rather than just placing him into a story like a cardboard cut out of token-ness?

That's why a BP & Storm book wouldn't suck except it would just turn into a couples book (if written by anyone other than Charles Soule or other talented writers).

Not sure which black writers you're referencing in BP's history of writers, but each time a white writer has taken the book it reads more of an apologists title for slavery.
Let's go a little deeper. What is the Panther's code of ethics in America in contrast to Wakanda? How is adjusting working out? Do white heroes write him off? Who are they? What does he do about it? How does white American media portray him? How do counter cultures see him? There are so many unexplored avenues, the race of the writer is almost meaningless but...

the perspective is needed and when you only have the ability to stand from a place of privilege (white privilege) it's not going to be the same when getting into that mindset. It's just not. It doesn't mean the character can't be realistic or fun to read, but maybe let's give some non-white creators a job once in awhile.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

Reginald Hudlin, what I read by him sucked. I wanted to like it but it just sucked and every thing I have read him in since has been just plain wankerie.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I've been reading some of Priest's run and it's INCREDIBLE! Gonna get prepped for the big film!

STOKED!!