1/22 Instance: Secret Service

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

1/22 Instance: Secret Service

Post by Svartfreja »

Concurrent to [Instance]Just Friends.

<David> With a team to help with his charge, posted out in the hallway, David took the opportunity to go into his room and get a shower. Clean, he wrapped a towel around his waist and opened the door to the bathroom, running a hand through his hair.

<Viper> Viper tossed the room service menu she'd been reading back onto the side table and smiled at David, leaning back on her hands, legs crossed and shoes somewhere near the door. She'd already made herself quite at home. "I hear some congratulations are in order."

<David> His eyes glanced at the door. If she was dead... he shook himself and smirked at her. "Hello, Cupcake. Did you hear about my... reassignment then?" Who hadn't heard of it. He scowled a bit and moved to find his uniform.

<Viper> "I couldn't help but notice your picture in all the papers... but I have also been watching the Shaws' house. It wasn't difficult to figure out why you were there even before you roughed up poor Shinobi," she laughed.

<David> "Little shit had it coming," he reasoned, throwing a clean uniform onto a chair and digging for underwear in a bag. "Course he's the reason I'm in the paper. When your president asks you to cover for a little shit, you do it. But between us? I hope he tests me."

<Viper> "You realise that his father is the best friend of the President? If you harm him, you better hope he deserves it." She watched him moving around the room with an appreciative smirk, "You sure I can't tempt you back into some more fun assignments?"

<David> "I am aware of who and what he is," he smirked at her and moved to the bed, leaning down to steal a kiss. "Not a chance, Cupcake."

<Viper> Viper pouted, "You know they don't appreciate your skills like I do."

<David> "Nobody appreciates my skills the way you do," he smirked, sitting down next to her.

<Viper> "Perhaps I can put in a good word for you?" She smirked, "I'm quite friendly with the Shaws, you know."

<David> "I thought as much, given as you knew what I did to the brat." He kissed her forehead and moved to finish dressing. "The child needs protecting. I can't deny she has a bit of a target on her. Surprised you haven't taken an interest yet."

<Viper> "Oh but I have. The Starks are much more useful to Hydra alive... and I have a personal interest in keeping one of her close friends from suffering any more hurt."

<David> David laughed a little and dropped his towel so he could put his underwear on. "Sparing feelings... now the first part of that I believe."

<Viper> "I made a promise to someone a long time ago that I would take care of his daughter. I like to keep my promises." She cocked her head on one side, "You don't think I can do it?"

<David> "If you set your mind to it, yes. It's not your typical course of activity." He picked up his pants and put them on next.

<Viper> "Well I am almost a hundred... I thought it might be time to try something new. Don't you agree?"

<David> He grinned. "Such a young lady," he teased, slipping his shirt on. "You look ever not a day more than 20."

<Viper> "I moisturise," she smirked, getting to her feet to retrieve the menu she'd discarded earlier. "Does SHIELD's payroll extend to room service?"

<David> "Even if it didn't... Secret Service does," he smirked. "Order us something good."

<Viper> She laughed, "Not worried your underlings will find me in here?"

<David> "Not in here. As point, I get my own room. And I eat a lot. They're none the wiser." He leaned over her to read the menu with her.

<Viper> "Good. I do so hate interrupting dinner to shoot people. It does ruin the mood."

<David> "Hey, no shooting the secret service agents. That gets messy."

<Viper> "I don't have to kill them... I could use a neurotoxin and take out the memories of their last twelve hours?"

<David> David gave her a look. "I quite like these guys. They make this assignment tolerable. Now Drake? You can shoot him."

<Viper> She grumbled, "I can't...." Picking up the phone, she hit the button for reception to order their dinner.

<David> Laughing, David lay down on the bed beside her, listening to her order.

<Viper> Food ordered, she set the phone down, "At least I can take some small pleasure in the knowledge that they are suffering the same conundrum where I am concerned."

<David> "Of course I'd do my best to keep you unshot," he promised, sliding his arm around her. "We just hope the kid isn't paying attention to know you are here."

<Viper> She smirked, "She never pays attention to anything, that's why she gets in so much trouble and you get reassigned to babysitting."

<David> He sighed. "That should improve. I'm overseeing her further training. Drake has apparently gotten her so far, but she needs more. So much potential. If I could just get her to focus and stop worrying about boys, she might make a good Dragon."

<Viper> "I wish you the best of luck but she seems to take after the Stark side in a very strong way..." she rolled her eyes.

<David> David laughed and nodded, getting comfortable and playing with her hair. "We should have picked her up as a child. Could have tempered a lot of that."

<Viper> Viper raised an eyebrow at him, "And you would have stayed?"

<David> "I was friends with her grandfather... after I left."

<Viper> "You can't live a double life and raise a child at the same time, David. They expect you to be there all the time."

<David> "I know that. I guess I just feel like I let Howard down, though nobody knew about her."

<Viper> "She's done fine for herself. I'm sure Howard would be thrilled to know his granddaughter is upholding the family tradition of drinking to excess as often as possible."

<David> "And sleeping around with... exotic types." He sighed and kissed Viper through her hair. "Still, I do appreciate you leaving her be. Makes my life easier."

<Viper> "Would it make your job more or less difficult to know I drop in on the Shaws unannounced with a regularity that enfuriates Sebastian?"

<David> "Less difficult to know. Don't take offense when I pretend to protect the kid. Since I clearly shouldn't know you have no intention of harming her." He twirled a bit of her hair around his finger.

<Viper> "Of course. We have to keep up appearances after all," she smirked, "So I will promise not to be offended when you react as though I am a threat and you can promise not to be offended when I laugh."

<David> He laughed and smiled at her. "Exactly."

<Viper> There was a knock on the door, announcing the arrival of their food. Viper gave David an expectant look - she could hardly go and answer the door herself.

<David> He kissed her forehead and moved to the door, keeping her blocked from view while he brought the food in and tipped the server.

<Viper> Once the door was closed again, Viper got up to help him unveil their dinner. "You never know... this assignment of yours may work out beneficial to us."

<David> "I think it could be very beneficial to us." He emphasized, in case she had any ideas of it helping Hydra.

<Viper> "Of course. That's what I meant," she smiled, "It will at least allow us to see each other."

<David> David smiled and leaned down, kissing her softly. "I do so miss seeing you."

<Viper> She returned the kiss and the smile, "For so long you were the only person that accepted me for who I am. I miss that."

<David> "I still accept you for who you are, even if I don't share your agenda," he assured her, wrapping his arms around her.

<Viper> "Good. Because, although I do some things differently, underneath I am still the same." Hugs were not something she generally enjoyed but she was used to this gesture from David and returned it. After a short pause, she said: "Dinner's getting cold."

<David> "Always practical," he laughed and picked up his plate, sitting down to enjoy it.

<Viper> She picked up her own plate and joined him, "You wouldn't have me any other way."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 1/22 Instance: Secret Service

Post by Slarti »

D:

There be some shady shit going on up in here!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 1/22 Instance: Secret Service

Post by TechPrincess »

:shifty
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean