6/19 Instance: Sniffing for Trouble

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

6/19 Instance: Sniffing for Trouble

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for the day after [Instance]Feeding Stray Cats.

<Christopher> All across the gym different training dummies had been set up, a few wooden, a few metal with padding and a couple of punching bags hung wherever Chris could manage to find a spot to hang them. He'd set everything up so that he could try to push through some things or just push them out of his mind.

<Christopher> The people he had killed weighed heavier and heavier on his own mind every day and he needed to do something that wasn't thinking. Chris pulled his hoodie on and started to tape up his hands. It took him a few tries to remember how to do it because he hadn't done it since his powers had manifested. He was really only trying to hide his hands from himself, trying to hide the blood he couldn't wash away.

<Christopher> It took him a minute to start his routine. Eventually he got back into the feel of it and started to build up energy. His hits landing harder causing the wood dummies to creak and groan in protest to his powered hits. Shortly after breaking a few dummies he moved onto the metal ones where he didn't have to hold back.

<Greer> Greer heard the noise from down the hall. She'd just finished setting up her classroom and was contemplating taking a dip in one of the two pools but now... curiosity got the better of her. Approaching the gym from the opposite end of the building, she didn't catch Chris' scent until she was already almost there.

<Greer> Now, though, she paused in the doorway, her tail flicking uncertainly as she worried at her lip. Should she ask or walk away?

<Christopher> Chris slammed a fist hard into the padded steel again and again. The metal began to even protest his beatings. The images of the people he'd hurt wouldn't go away, no matter what he tried. His emotional distress beginning to effect his form, making it sloppy. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Chris..." He thought it was a whisper, but the words felt louder when he heard them.

<Greer> There was obviously something going on, she looked up and down the hall. This was none of her business but there was no one else... She stepped into the room though the feral stirred from her sleep, "Chris...?"

<Christopher> Chris almost jumped clean out of his skin when he heard her voice. The first thing that popped into his head was it couldn't be her. He turned around to face her, he had to make sure his mind wasn't playing tricks on him. "Greer....?"

<Greer> "Hi..." her tail curled around legs, "Is everything okay...? I heard the noise...."

<Christopher> Chris almost broke down when she replied to him. "I... Wait, please tell me you're really here." He pushed a shaky hand through his hair hoping she wasn't a figment of his subconscious.

<Greer> "Yeah... I... SHIELD assigned me here..." she was confused, "If you want to be alone....?"

<Christopher> "Oh uh yeah, sorry. You probably don't want to talk to me." Chris sighed, "Not really okay but I'll survive..."

<Greer> "No, I-" she bit her lip, turning for the door, "I figured you didn't want to talk to me... I'll go."

<Christopher> "It's okay, you don't have to." He took a few steps towards her but stopped. "I... I just couldn't believe it was really you." He didn't know how he felt about seeing her. If he was happy or upset, he was too busy trying not to go crazy.

<Greer> She stopped, her hand on the doorframe, and looked over her shoulder, "Well it is... I know I should have called but... I guess you changed your number."

<Christopher> "Oh uhh yeah... It's been a rough year."

<Greer> "Yeah, I'm sure it has..." she sighed, "Look, it's none of my business..."

<Christopher> "Yeah sorry. I won't bother you with my shit..." Chris didn't think he could feel any lower than he did now. Of course his ex-wife wouldn't want to hear about his problems anymore.

<Greer> She frowned a little, "Do you want to? I mean... I didn't think you would...." she turned back to face him, "Do you want to get some coffee or something?"

<Christopher> "I uhmm figured you wouldn't want to..." Chris ventured a little closer. "Uhmm yeah I wouldn't mind some coffee."

<Greer> "Well let's start there..." she started down the hallway for the exit, it was faster to go outside than through the corridors to the kitchen.

<Christopher> "Yeah." Chris followed her down the hall. "Anyone show you around yet?" He started to wonder if she knew where she was going.

<Greer> "Yeah... Cessily gave me the tour yesterday when I got here..." she headed down the stairs then out at the bottom, crossing the space between the building and the kitchen block.

<Christopher> "Oh cool." Chris started to wonder why Cess hadn't at least given him a heads up to her being back. "So... Uhmm how've you been?"

<Greer> "Fine. Got my Masters." Why did he even care? She opened the door to the kitchen and made a b-line for the coffee machine.

<Christopher> "That's good." Chris followed a few paces behind her.

<Greer> "I work for SHIELD now," she got some coffee in the machine and filled it up before setting it to work.

<Christopher> "Oh? Yeah, those guys are pretty awesome. I'm just your run of the mill teacher."

<Greer> "I'm teaching too but they brought me here for something else... that I forgot to ask if I'm allowed to talk to people about." She made a mental note to do that later.

<Christopher> Chris instantly started to panic. Was she here for him? Did she know what he did? He kept running the worst possible scenarios through his head before he thought to say something back to her. "Oh... cool, yeah they picked the best person for the job."

<Greer> She laughed, "You don't even know what it is!" She leaned against the counter while she waited for the coffee, "Let's just say I couldn't resist the opportuinity to save the world with my mad scientist skills."

<Christopher> That comment did make Chris laugh. "Yeah but I know how awesome your skills are." He gave her a weak smile and found a spot to move to so he wasn't just awkwardly standing in the middle of the kitchen.

<Greer> "No you don't," she shook her head, "You haven't seen me in over a year. Just like I don't know what the hell that was all about in the gym. Do you want to talk about it?"

<Christopher> "Guess not huh....?" Chris frowned a little. "You don't want to hear about my crazy. Trust me, no one does."

<Greer> "Well you can't keep taking out whatever it is on all the gym equipment. So if you don't want to talk to me, that's fine and understandable... but you should talk to someone."

<Christopher> "I'm already having counseling sessions with Cess. It's just been a really bad year. I got mixed up in something that...." Chris trailed off, his throat becoming dry, "that really messed me up. Looks like you dodged a bullet huh?" He tried to make a bad joke because he really didn't want to tell her how he'd become a murderer.

<Greer> "Chris, you were already messed up," she rolled her eyes, "I get it, you don't want to talk about it with me. I'll just get coffee and go..."

<Christopher> "It's not cuz it's you, Greer.... At least not why you think. But, if you want to go, I won't stop you. I'm sure this isn't easy for you. I'm the asshole that ran off. Just ask Carol, I guess she can tell you what happened, I'm sure I have a pretty big file by now." He couldn't face her, couldn't have Greer knowing he'd betrayed her and become a murderer in under a year. "I'll just uhmm stay outta your hair." Chris started for the nearest exit.

<Greer> "If you want me to know about whatever it is, you tell me. I don't want to hear it from someone else." Her tail thumped against the counter, "So you can tell me or don't. Don't put this on me."

<Christopher> "I'm not trying to put it on you." Chris knew he was aggravating her, he knew what the tail thumping meant. "It's a long story.... and you're going to hate me more than you already do afterwards."

<Greer> "I don't hate you!" She turned for the coffee pot, frustrated. "You don't want to tell me, fine. Just be honest about it."

<Christopher> Chris was more than dumbfounded. How could she not hate him? "I got addicted to drugs, pretty badly. The people selling them to me... they kidnapped me and did God knows what - advanced my mutation, experimented on me... I don't know. But they turned me into a monster and made me kill for them." Chris couldn't get into the details, it was easier with her like it was with Cessily but it was still impossibly hard.

<Greer> She didn't know where to start with that so she just held out a cup of coffee.

<Christopher> "That whole event in Alaska, that was me." Chris slowly came back and took the cup she offered him.

<Greer> "Damn it, Chris..." she sighed, pouring a cup for herself, "Drugs? What the hell were you thinking?"

<Christopher> "Wasn't. And somehow they worked past my healing factor."

<Greer> "And this wasn't a warning sign? Do you even listen to me? I'm a freaking chemist, Chris... Jesus." She shook her head, her tail swishing back and forth.

<Christopher> "Had happiness issues. I didn't quite care at the time. Then a Sentinel almost killed me... that was fun. Eventually I just kinda gave up."

<Greer> "So what? You were suicidal?" Because it was sure sounding like that was the case. "Way to disappoint the feral."

<Christopher> "No just stupid... really fucking stupid. I didn't realize I was addicted, didn't know I could get addicted." Chris sipped at the coffee. "Pretty sure I disappointed everyone, Greer."

<Greer> "And now what? You're not a monster anymore... so what was that?" She nodded in the direction of the gym.

<Christopher> "I don't look like the monster." Chris corrected her. "That was me trying to have a moment of peace, it wasn't working."

<Greer> "Moment of peace from what?" The speed of her tail swish increased.

<Christopher> "Myself. When they started fixing me, I couldn't remember anything that happened. Now, I can't stop remembering." He wasn't going to tell her about the hallucinations, not yet.

<Greer> "Have you told Cess that you're remembering things?"

<Christopher> "Yeah. She knows just about everything, everything I've been able to talk about... There's still blank spots though." Those were what worried him the most.

<Greer> "And is it helping? Because that up there didn't look like the result of progress... I don't know though, I haven't seen you in a while..."

<Christopher> "No, it's not. I've been wearing an inhibitor a lot lately, scared I'll do something stupid." He sighed. "Totaled my car the other day, Carol had to pull me out of it, so I'd say I'm getting worse"

<Greer> "Well then maybe you should talk to someone else? Or, I don't know, take some time out..." she frowned, studying the surface of her coffee.

<Christopher> "Yeah Carol suggested that. I still need to go talk to Pietro and Hank to run more tests on me." He took a long drink, not wanting to talk about what he'd done anymore. "Told ya, dodged a bullet huh?"

<Greer> "You're an idiot. But I knew that already. Get your ass in gear and get checked out, okay? You're doing no one any good sitting on this."

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "I know, Greer. It's harder than it sounds.... It's hard having my friends know I'm some fucked up monster."

<Greer> "Then don't talk to friends, idiot. Go see someone else."

<Christopher> "Yeah Carol suggested that too. Probably going to hit her up on that."

<Greer> "You better not be lying." She eyed him critically, "Don't make me sniff you."

<Christopher> "Would never think of it, Tiger." Chris absently rubbed where his wedding ring had been, and reminded himself they weren't together. "Sorry, yeah I'm going to try and go to Pietro first."

<Greer> "Well... maybe hold off on that until you take a shower, 'kay?" She wrinkled her nose, "You're a little... ripe."

<Christopher> "Well stop sniffin' me then." He stuck his tongue out at her.

<Greer> "I don't even have to try." She smacked him with her tail.

<Christopher> "Hey watch that thing." Chris rolled his eyes at her with a smile. "I'll take a shower."

<Greer> "Good. Now, I'm going to go and leave you to do... whatever it is you do all day..." She started for the door, "Take care of yourself..."

<Christopher> "Not to good at that. But yeah I'll see you around." He gave her a wave deciding to get more coffee.

<Greer> "Just do those things we talked about... and soon. I'll check up on you." She waved and headed off down the hallway.

<Christopher> "You don't have to. Take care Greer."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6