My recent post on Marvel

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

You are welcome for the link, PirateKurt.

Thirty-five years I have been a Nightcrawler fan. This depresses me too. I almost feel as if I have lost a friend.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

I think I'm a bit past anger now, though I know I blew off quite a bit of steam here and on CBR. I'm just... depressed. Superhero comics are not supposed to be depressing. The darkest moments in their stories have to have some light, some hope that the good guys will triumph over evil. Interestingly enough, Nightcrawler's death (if I may use the same hamfisted wordplay employed since the little girl from Cooperstown got her name) did not save Hope, but killed it.

As long as Nightcrawler was even just wallpaper, there was hope that we'd get a page or a couple of this best of the good guys doing something appropriately sweet or totally awesome. Now there is absolutely none, and I really have lost all hope of the X-books getting any better.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

I posted on Joe Q.'s question thread at CBR again:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... 75&page=64

I know I am being an annoying little old lady, but so what? I'll post every day if I want to.

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

My recent post on Marvel

Post by HoodedMan »

Paty wrote::magneto
Hey staff... where's my flippin' Magneto smiley???
Unfortunately, we don't have one at the moment because I found that the one we had was stolen from another forum, along with 32 others. Steyn is to thank for the replacement smilies we've slowly been adding since.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :(
- HoodedMan
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Jeremus »

Technically, I'm boycotting Marvel since there is no comic book store in town so I can't buy anything.....but if/when I go to the big city, I won't buy anything. Truthfully there's no reason for me to....Kurt's not in them anymore. He was the only reason I ever bought anything anyway.

(I may buy a back issue or two from a used book store but Marvel won't be getting any of that money.)

I haven't written anything to anybody at Marvel yet because everytime I try to, I either get really mad or really depressed and I can't seem to put words together to say what I mean. :hrumph But I will soon.

My sister and her husband used to work for Disney.....(a long time ago).....but I'll ask her if she would know anything about whom to contact to complain. Disney was supposed to give Marvel free rein....but they are a business and if anything messed with their bottom line, they might give Marvel some unsolicited advice in how to manage popular characters and maybe put a foot down (and Mickey does have some big shoes)....or at least it would be nice to think they would.
Of course I'd be saying the opposite if Mickey was trying to kill off Nightcrawler and Marvel wanted him alive......oh, wait....I forgot who I was talking about for a moment.....I'm okay now.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

That's odd, jeremus. I was thinking about Mickey Mouse last night, and how similar Kurt and Mickey are: Both are cheerful, adventurous, polite, have funny ears and feet and too few fingers.

Kurt and Mickey are soul-mates.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Jeremus »

And they both have tails:tail
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

More proof that we are not alone in decrying the decision to off Kurt.

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/sho ... 61&page=18
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

Peeper is our own Love_of_Bob, also known as lint and creaky.

[Edited on 4/5/10 by neling4]

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Paty »

:magneto

sigh...welcome to the group, all newbies...thanks for the smiley info, we wouldn't want to steal anything, now would we??? We, at least, LIKE heroes and heroes don't do such things...

I dunno... maybe it is me... maybe quesada hates me...It would n't be the first time. Hardass hated me so much for actually saying wheat I thought of him and his little nazi buddies with reference to what they were doing to Mags that, according to info I recently got from someone who was in the offices at that time, Hardass blackballed Dave and seeded the company with those of his ilk... so his influence is still very extant there. anti semetic, anti women, nasty and petty.

a wonderful legacy, just wonderful

Marvel didn't USED to be that way. Really! It used to be wonderful. Heroes were heroes and they actually won some of the battles! then they laughed and played baseball and had pool parties and we laughed and played ball and had pool parties right along with them, even if our families were feuding and our boyfriends wouldn't speak to us and cheated on us or our girlfriends got pregnant and we didn't even know if it was ours... and the nation went to hell in a breadbasket and we couldn't trust anyone... we sould still trust the comics heroes to save the day and give us a good time at least once a month in four ravishing color on newsprint that would dissolve in fifty years but what the hell... it was FUN!!!

Ain't fun any more. It's a freakin' bloodbath. wolverine slashes and slashes and kills and kills and everyone cheers and a good hearted character who is upbeat and friendly gets offed just to boost sales. I am so disgusted I could just puke.

Wouldn't do any good... the pukepile would smell better than Marvel right now. Joey goes off and does his spiderman shit and puts his trust in Alonzo and Brevort and that is like entrusting the chicken house to the foxes and weasels. BLOODBATH! I am sure they will get around to destroying Mags sooner or later... he's on their agenda... I didn't think Nighty was, but apparently so.

In any event, Joe Quesada could and SHOULD have stopped it and he didn't. and if he is reading this, I am gonna just remind him that offing nighty has certain legal ramifications inherent in it, too. Just a thought there, Joe...you seem to like letting the asholes there make mistakes and then having to fix them... SO FIX IT AND FIX IT FAST, JOE.

lI haven't read most of the Marvel books since the eyes went further south than the rest of my body. It is too hard to read pale yellow type on orange backgrounds... or artsy fartsy silliness like that...but I have kept reading the X books for Storm, Nighty and my main man Magneto. Mags is still in the group... Goddess only knows for how long... burt Storm has been neutered and sent away to be a nice little preggers housefrau... WHICH IS APPARENTLY THE ONLY THING GIRLS ARE GOOD FOR AT mARVEL... Nighty is now presumed dead.... although he once materialized inside a wall and it didn't kill him... and I would think the arm he interacted with would suffer more damage than he would... so, I, too can cancel virtually all of my x titles and only read Claremonts Forever books... which are the only ones worth reading anyhow any more.

Well... except for other companies. I suggest if you boycot the X titles or other Marvel crap, that you spread bux around to the alternate companies... there is still good stuff out there to read for the die hard comics lover. don't boycot the industry... boycot Marvel until they get the message that you don't piss off your fans and disrespect them and still expect them to hand over their money every month... Money is too expensive for that kind of nonsense any more.

one comic can put a gallon of gas in the ol' buggy! Y'know that? Boycot Marvel and go on a vacation with the kids or the favorite other this summer!!!

Works for me! I endorse it... Have fun... cuz everyone now knows there ain't any more fun at Marvel... Nightcrawler has bowed out!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Elfdame »

I enjoyed the tween-oriented titles (maybe I'm an 11-yr-old boy in a fifty-ish woman's body?) like Marvel Adventures and X-men:First Class. They are still fun, at least to me.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

The new Marvel forums will allow us more freedom in our avatar choice. I was thinking, maybe, this one?

That is, if Koni doesn't mind.

Kurt is such a helpful guy. He's pointing out the leak in the ceiling. Right Koni?

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

My recent post on Marvel

Post by HoodedMan »

Paty wrote:In any event, Joe Quesada could and SHOULD have stopped it and he didn't. and if he is reading this, I am gonna just remind him that offing nighty has certain legal ramifications inherent in it, too. Just a thought there, Joe...you seem to like letting the asholes there make mistakes and then having to fix them... SO FIX IT AND FIX IT FAST, JOE.
Could you possibly expand on the legal ramifications of a fictional character's death? Just wondering; I have an interest in law. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

My recent post on Marvel

Post by PirateKurt »

Ok, Last night I guess I hit anger full tilt and I posted this over at the joe q question spot.

it survived the night. But here it is here for your perusal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Joe, Why do you hate Dave Cockrum? Why aren't you protecting any of his legacy he added to the industry? Why are you systematically allowing the death and destruction of his characters? Is it Personal Joe? Did he do something to you personally? Because I am personally saddened that nothing he added to the great world of Marvel has been respected or protected

Let's make a list

First, Deadly Genesis
Uh.. what? What the heck were you thinking?

You say, But LordMagnusrex! It was BUSINESS...we made money completely rewriting the entire history of the X-men and defiling Giantsized 1.

Whatever.

Moving on to...
Storm, taken out of the x-book he created her in and for and made a housewife with an incredibly dissappearing pregnancy...

Ok if that wasn't so bad... maybe it wasn't, how about,

Killing Corsair for little to no purpose besides another useless death.
And...
Turning Hepzihbah into a mewling girlfriend with no strength....

But Lord magnus Rex, you cry, that wasn't my fault. That wasn't my doing... I just didn't pay attention to all those panels with words in them with Characters who weren't in Spider-man....

Ok. We'll go one more.

You let Nightcrawler get killed by Lowe, Brevort, and Alonzo in a committee who have their own agenda at that X-summit. You let it happen. You sat there, tweeting from it and let them do it.

Why do you hate Dave Cockrum Joe?

Aren't you the editor in chief?

You have fundamentally forgotten one of the main reason we buy comics. For story, //and escape//. And you've allowed these people to have their agendas and you failed us Joe.

You did the stories and characters we love irreparable harm. You did the COMICS we love...irreparable /harm/. You did it Joe. You are directly responsible. You allowed it. You forgot to read the comics from before with such lines as, "Being a hero is standing strong when others won't." We depended on /you/ Joe. You. And you did us wrong.

How could you Joe?

How could you?

So with all that in mind.... why do you hate Dave Cockrum Joe? Why did you let those 3 agenda having committee swinging people... kill Nightcrawler.

Why do you hate Dave Joe? He seemed like a really nice guy to me?

You should be ashamed Joe.

You should be ashamed.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Angelique »

And would you look at that? Your post is still up there. I don't know if any of our posts will be addressed in the next Cup o' Joe, but it would be nice if there were too many angry posts on that thread to be ignored.

Cyntosis
Lubber
Lubber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Cyntosis »

neling4 wrote:The new Marvel forums will allow us more freedom in our avatar choice. I was thinking, maybe, this one?

That is, if Koni doesn't mind.

Kurt is such a helpful guy. He's pointing out the leak in the ceiling. Right Koni?
Haha, I don't mind at all. I'm actually quite flattered by how popular that scribble has gotten.
I don't know about marvel's avatar policy, but be careful that they don't mistake the helpful pointing for anything else. ;)
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by kladyelf »

Hi Paty,

Which issue was it that Nighty survived 'porting into a wall?
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Diablo »

Great to see you there,Paty. :)

We're kinda "sad and disgusted" too. :(

Since last week, I'm not reading Marvel anymore.
Luckily, Dark Horse is publishing fine, fine books.
And I still like Savage Dragon.

(but let's face it : Hellboy and Dragon are no Kurt !) :(
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

My recent post on Marvel

Post by PirateKurt »

kladyelf wrote:Hi Paty,

Which issue was it that Nighty survived 'porting into a wall?
It was in Excalibur. To find it I would have to go through the entire series and my comics are a bit of a mess (There was a fire next door that flooded me. I haven't gotten my house in order yet)

but it was mid to late in issues. I will try to find it this weekend for you
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

A fire next door flooded your house? Jeez.
Your insurance company must hate you.

And yes he has partially teleported as early as... 2008 I believe. I forget the ish, but I remember being stunned he could do it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

My recent post on Marvel

Post by kladyelf »

ok firstly: - fire, flood and disaster? yikes...

and secondly.

well,

I hate to be a nuisance here, but i think i remember that issue as well (you're talking to an Excalibur fangirl) a mutant with magnetic abilities redirected Nighty's teleport into the rock wall of Muir Island right? Thing is he had Shadowcat with him who phased him Just In Time before he properly "rematerialised" in the rock.

I know, I know, comic book logic but I dunno if that is a cogent argument

*hides*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Rowena »

You're right, kladyelf. Siena Blaze was the bad guy. Nightcrawler was trying to teleport himself and Kitty out of Siena's electromagnetic field and it knocked him slightly off course. He would have materialized into the solid granite deep below Muir Island if Kitty hadn't phased them both the rest of the way through to Moira's research facility. Nightcrawler was pretty shaken up.

This episode was the cliffhanger of Excalibur #72 and the start of Excalibur #73: Memories are Made of This.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

It looks as if Joe Q. might be keeping a low profile. He didn't do his Cup O' Joe Q & A last Friday.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

My recent post on Marvel

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

To be fair, they did just release "Iron Man 2" I'm sure he was busy with that as well.
And if you expect any Nightcrawler feedback you're sorely mistaken. Any and all conversation or chatter that will come out of Marvel HQ will be directly Stark related. Head to the site, it's completely Iron-ized.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

My recent post on Marvel

Post by neling4 »

It's been like that for weeks. I wonder if he is consulting with Marvel's legal team.