X-Treme #18

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme #18

Post by Bamfette »

I just couldn't let beating CC with a summer sausage die... :p

Rex Luscus - If you go over to X-Fan, you'll see that Nightcrawler is on the cover of X-Treme X-Men #18, along with Beast and Jean.

Crawler - Really!?!? *goes to check it out*

*comes back, and brings the cover*

Is it my imagination, or is the only other Larroca picture of Kurt that I remember that exact same pose?

Slarti - Arrgh! I just quit buying X-Treme X-crement! Now I'll have to get another of those wretched things! Oh, the things I do for Kurt...
Hmmm, maybe the X-Treme team needs a bail out by thier buddies in that issue. I do like Sal's art generally, and this looks okay. How convenient that Kurt's chin is parked right over the collar. That pose looks painful though. Jean's riding Hank... I could comment...

But I won't. Thanks for the heads up, Rex!

Crawler - Oh! And thanks for the heads-up, Rexie...even if you made me go to the dreaded X-Fan to get it.
I like the cover, but I'm already pissed off that I have to pick up X-Treme...unless it's gotten miraculously better in the last few issues. (I quit reading when Lifeguard showed up. Worst idea ever.) I just hope Claremont doesn't go and FUCK Kurt up.

Slarti - Crawler said: "I just hope Claremont doesn't go and FUCK Kurt up."
8^0 Wow, tell us how you REALLY feel!

I too detest Lifeguard and her little teleporting brother. I also think Sage is just a little too convenient for them to have around. It's been said before that the X-Treme team is too powerful, and that's SO true. But in a way I'm glad all the powerhouses are parked over in Claremont land to give Morrison and Casey's characters room to play.

I'm sure Claremont won't do anything awful to Kurt in one issue, except make him say "Mein Gott" a lot.

;^)

Nocturne - aw man... i have to by X-Treme? i haven't been following it... probably for the exact same reasons as Crawler and Slarti (Slipstream must die) oh well.. the cover IS gorgeous, Sal is as telented as ever... it's the other half of the team i have a problem with. *goes to get caught up*
I hope Claremont doesn't so much as mention any of this priest buisness. that is one thing i have been enjoying very much about Casey's portrayal - it's barely mentioned. if it werent for the accursed collar you'd barely know he was religious at all. and i also hope it does not contradict the recent issues of him questioning the dream... no wait, that kinda fits in X-Treme doesn't it?

Crawler - Mein Gott! Unglaublich! Mein Gott, Mein Freund!

Slarti - LOL! How could I forget the old standby of "Unglaublich!"
For the longest time I wondered why he was saying "Un-glow, bitch!"

So, has ANYONE been reading X-Treme? If we have any clue of the current story maybe we can speculate on why Kurt's there. Last I knew, the Earth was getting ready to be taken over by some warriors from another dimension and Storm had been kidnapped. Anybody read it lately?

Nocturne -- no i haven't been reading it. last i heard Gambit had soem sort of tower growintg out of him which was the base of the invasion... or something... oh yeah and Rogue has all the powers of everyone she has ever touched.
i'm getting caught up on-line as we 'speak' tho. die Slipstream, die...

Crawler -- "I'm a priest, rookie." shows up in X-Treme #18.
Crawler flies all over the country, picking up all the people here.

The Elficionados/Elfaholics/Whatever (US!) beat Claremont senseless with a Summer Sausage.

Pandora - :shocked: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Pandora drags Mr. Claremont out behind the woodshed for some long overdue woop-ass!
Wackity-wackity-wackity
OWW!OWW!
Thumpthumpthump
notthefacenottheface!
slapslap
youch!
TROUNCEBITEWACKWACK!

....ok....I feel better now.....first Bimbo-Kitty and now this!

*goes back for another round with Claremont and the summer sausage...*

Elwing - But apart form all the whoopassing.
Lovely Cover!
Sheesh, Nighty has been getting more covers lately than in his excalibur days...I think we're defenitely on to something here!

Pandora - *SIGH*
It is a lovely cover...I guess thatwe are gonna see some cross-over action after all....

And ol' beast don't look THAT un-happy about his passenger :p

BamfKat - Nice cover! I love Larroca's art It is some of the most impressive out today. Ahem... "Mr. Claremont, just remember there is more where that came from..." (regarding that can of woop-ass behind the wood shed...) ;)
I don't think it should be assumed it will suck. Until Mr. Claremont put his foot in it with the whole priest thing, he handled Nightcrawler with grace and respect. It was his and Cockrum's NC that I first found my favorite X-Man. In any case Mr. Claremont should know we are watching...

BamfKat, who hands Pandora a tire-iron...

kurtlover - this is so funny, check all those comments! (that's right crawler Salvador always uses the same poses)
and unfortunally i'll have to buy X-treme F--- g x-men thanks to this, i give myself some time to start to ignoring Claremont now ~hidding the voodo doll and another black magic crafts in her closet~

Crawler - You guys dislike X-Treme more than I do! I didn't think that that was possible!
BamfKat said: It was (CC's) and Cockrum's NC that I first found my favorite X-Man.

Right there with ya, buddy! Those were the good ol' days for sure! I loved those stories and that's the only thing that keeps me from hating Claremont. However, that nostalgia and memories isn't enough to make me actually read the stuff he's churning out in X-Treme. He seems to have PERMANENTLY lost his touch.

Fasheem - Considering that Claremont was the only one pushing this crap on everyone in the first place, and considering he always thinks he's right, I'd say he's going to STRANGLE EVERY LITTLE LAST BIT OF RELIGIOUS REFERENCE out of this chance to make up for Casey's negligence...

But I am the "glass is half empty" type...

Pandora - Oh crap! I think that you're right 'sheem
*Pandora takes up the much abused summer sausage and goes looking for claremont again...*

ya know, from an outsiders view, this sounds REAL kinky.....

Pandora

BlueJubatus - Shame about claremont tho, he used to have so much talent, now it seems like he has just stopped caring. Ah well, how much damadge CAN he do in one issue? Sigh, i have yet to even so much as look at an X-treme, from what i can tell it dosent look like im missing much, guess ill have to break that trend and hope for the best. At least ill have pretty pictures to look at if the story sucks. :)

*removes broken sausage and hands pandora practice saber*

Nandireya - We all seem to be of the same opinion...we're just buying it for Kurt...
A noticable spike in sales might show just how popular the fuzzy elf is...

Nocturne - yeah but knowing Marvel if they see a sales spike due ot a guest appearance, they will assume it is Beast or Jean, not Kurt...

Nandireya - Or a combination of the three...
But...if the surveys in Wizard are anything to go by, Kurt's one popular little fuzzy elf...

When he, Kitty and Peter returned to the X-Men, Wizard asked who the readers would like to see get their own book of all the characters in the team...and Kurt won easily...

When X-Men came out, they asked who the readers would most like to see in the next movie...Kurt came in second...behind Gambit...who I think has just about run his race...he don't seem nearly as popular as he was...

And just look at all of us!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

X-Treme #18

Post by Elwing »

Wow, looking at this cover again, and man does it rock. Can't wait to get my sweaty little claws on that issue!
I'm going to give CC the benefit of the doubt again...:P
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Dark Archangel
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme #18

Post by Dark Archangel »

I guess I disagree with many here, but I'm thrilled about Kurt (and Jean & Beast) being on XXM. Chris writes them beautifully, IMO, and I certainly can't wait :)
Argentino de alma y corazón.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open..."Sir James Dewan, scientist
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Treme #18

Post by ces »

I don't like XXM. I could easily say I detest and hate XXM. But... I do read it. I do follow it. Why? I loved Destiny. (Though, I've managed not to buy a single issue yet...)

And for those who want, some plot info:

A lot of things happen out of a sudden, and all the time Sage happens to have some hidden, yet unexplored, side of her powers to use... And things are turned to the better. Just for something new to happen...

OK, I confess, I don't really try to remember what's happening - it's not worth it. It's almost worse than New X-Men in my opinion... But gladly Uncanny is getting slightly better again. :rolleyes:

But trust me, anything could have happened in time for #18. The mutants probably have been further mutated into gods (of course by Sage) and are now saving the multitude of multiverses in some incomprehensible way.

OOooo! How I miss :rachel:!! (don't know why I thought of her....)
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme #18

Post by Stormwatch »

Well, Sage actually I don't mind her character, her powers not TOO much either. And the destiny Diaries I love, but otherwise, its just, argh. Not an X-Treme fan, and well, even though it can have its good points, it can also be very limp and to the left. Now, I would like to see Rucka do a little stint on this title. THe potential he could do with the diaries.

Okay, that just went somewhere :?

Anyways, I hope Kurt is written well, and Jean and Beast to. Although, I don't fear that muh for Beast, he would speak more intelligently.

But, hope not Kurt or Jean he will screw up. Sorry, I like Jean right now, although not ever Cyclops.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme #18

Post by Bamfette »

well as mentioned, my main concern is that Casey is doing some pretty wild stuff, character development wise, with Nightcrawler the last couple issues especially. and Morrison is doing the same with both Beast and Jean in New, what with Beast turning into a big blue lion and his little 'infact i think i may be gay' remark, and Jean displaying the Phoenix force once more and her relationship with Scott not doing so hot... i am fearing that Claremont will disregard all that...

and of course my biggest fear is that he will play up his little character development of kurt that almost no one but him likes, the priest aspect, for all it's worth :dead:
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme #18

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Bamfette
well as mentioned, my main concern is that Casey is doing some pretty wild stuff, character development wise, with Nightcrawler the last couple issues especially. and Morrison is doing the same with both Beast and Jean in New, what with Beast turning into a big blue lion and his little 'infact i think i may be gay' remark, and Jean displaying the Phoenix force once more and her relationship with Scott not doing so hot... i am fearing that Claremont will disregard all that...

and of course my biggest fear is that he will play up his little character development of kurt that almost no one but him likes, the priest aspect, for all it's worth :dead:
Well, King Edward III likes it as well, but he isn't so much a Claremont fan.

But yeah, he could really play with that Priest. :(

Bamfette, do you know if Austen's going to take Kurt out of the Priesthood, or what he has said about that?
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Treme #18

Post by BamfKat »

Austen has not said one way or another, save that it will be dealt with. But he has said Kurt will not be wearing the collar on his uniform.:)
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

X-Treme #18

Post by Crawler »

Well, regardless as to whether it ends up being any good or not, this will be the 4th issue of X-Treme in my collection. (I also have 1, 2 & the other 2...I'm a sucker)

I HAVE read past there, but gave up when Lifeguard showed up...and then I about hunted CC down when I heard he'd kept her and her brother around after that...sometimes I wonder what's going through that man's head.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
xtreme_reyes
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme #18

Post by xtreme_reyes »

I'm a huge X-Treme X-Men fan, it's actually my fav title. Can't wait.