X-Treme 19

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme 19

Post by Bamfette »

....looks like this little crossover is not going to be a one issue deal. posted by CC over at X-Fan:

"If you (or anyone) wants to see Kitty interact with Storm (and Nightcrawler, for that matter -- but more on this later), I suggest you check out X-treme X-Men #19, on sale October (Marvel's semi-official "Claremont" month, go figure.) It's a guest-shot designed to add some oomph to the debut of "MekaniX."

As for her interaction with Nightcrawler in that issue, it's a really nice scene, where they hook up for the first time in many months and Kitty unleashes some deep and primal emotions about all she and the X-team has been through in recent years, including some deaths that strike really close to home. (In all fairness, she's dealing with the death of her father, which -- thanks to the comprehensive nature of the Genoshan security video network -- she witnessed with her own eyes.) Isn't it fascinating what happens when you right your book pretty much on schedule, with character arcs all laid out to give focus and point to the story arcs they share?

Ah well ...

Cordially,
Chris Claremont"

well, more Kitty/Kurt interaction! with Storm too! :D

but it's in X-Treme...interesting note though about what he says about the characters storyarcs all being planed out in advance. now, i can't figure out if that was a barb at the other writers (unlikely considering Morrison has written completed scripts for up to what, 150 allready?) sicne it is unlikely that it is a barb... here's where it gets interesting. later, after someone complained about the priesthood deal, he said: "I'm sorry you had problems with the Nightcrawler character arc and the Neo. They seemed like great ideas at the time and perhaps, given time, they would have grown on you. But they're over (before they really got started), they're done with,time to move on. "

'over' 'done with' hehehehehe..... :D could it be...?? i know Austen knows zip about Claremont using Nightcrawler so they have not discussed it, only he and Casey, so it looks as tho Casey will be ditching the collar ;) (probably) only 1 maybe 2 more issues of priest Nightcrawler!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

X-Treme 19

Post by Slarti »

Arrrgh! Now I've got to buy TWO more issues of that thing! Ach! Danke for the tidbit, though, Bamfette!

Seriously, it sounds cool as long as Claremont doesn't frell it up to badly. (Claremont month? Spare me.) I've been dying to see Kitty and Kurt together again -- with Storm as a bonus, YAY! -- as long as Kurt isn't quoting entire biblical passages to poor Katzchen.

Watch it Claremont, we've got squeezed processed meat products and we're not afraid to use them!

"Oh, Kurt, I'm so confused and upset!"

"Oh, my child, don't worry. I'm a priest, you can tell me."

She's Jewish, dummy! *thwap!* He's not a priest, jerk! *whap!*

:D
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

X-Treme 19

Post by Panz »

That is cool news:love:!
And Slart, you're killing me!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Treme 19

Post by ces »

Kurty! :love:
Kitty! :love:
Stormy! :love:

Wow! And more and more are speaking for a collar free 'Crawler! Yikes! This day is just getting better... :)
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by BlueJubatus »

LOL, YAY!!!!
Mebe they- the writers- will take a hint and just move kitty over to uncanny. ;) Doubt it tho.
Thanks for the hint:D
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

X-Treme 19

Post by Slarti »

Nah, Kitty's going to get her own book. It's called what? MekaniX? Mechanix? Something like that.

I've never found out exactly what it is, when it'll start or who'll be in it. It's another Claremont book, right?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme 19

Post by Bamfette »

MechaniX is actually just a miniseries. 6 issues. if it sells well, it gets 6 more issues, if thsoe sell well, it becomes an ongoing. deals with Kitty at college and her questioning the dream, and finding newways to fight for it. or something like that. i mostly just know it takes place at college.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by Stormwatch »

Well sheesh, and I'd just dropped this title, and I have to pick up two more, yikes. But oh well, more Kitty is good, but i'm surprised there won't be no Logan in that list. Just that the four of them are all pretty close in various ways.

But this book looks to be like a sending off of Kitty to college or something. Oh well, Claremont's Kitty's stories have been really good. With the Annual and the Unlimited stories.

This should be a good issue.

And in Grant's latest interview, it was 37 he was currently writing, but that he had plans all the way up to 150. Hence someone dying in 140 even though he hasn't written it yet.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Dark Archangel
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme 19

Post by Dark Archangel »

I'm in the minority here, but I'll say it anyway: Great!! It will feature many of my favourite characters, written by CC and drawn by Salva!! I couldn't ask for more....:D
Argentino de alma y corazón.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open..."Sir James Dewan, scientist
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

X-Treme 19

Post by Crawler »

Well, if those are CC's EXACT words, I just have to laugh at the fact that he spelled "write" wrong. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Treme 19

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Crawler
Well, if those are CC's EXACT words, I just have to laugh at the fact that he spelled "write" wrong. :D
LOL! :laugh:
Wow, CC, way to proof read.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

X-Treme 19

Post by Panz »

CC is a writer, Dear, not an editor;)
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Coolyguy
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme 19

Post by Coolyguy »

Yay! Kitty! I hope she does something besides talk. I haven't seen her kick *serious* bootie in forever:lick:
I have a dancing weenie!
:sausage:
Dance weenie, dance!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Treme 19

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Pandora
CC is a writer, Dear, not an editor;)
All the more reason he should use proper grammar. Plus when it's a forum, he should proofread his posts himself.

Not about anything, but I just love this guy! :naughty:
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by BlueJubatus »

No kidding! :D She needs to let loose. she hasnt done the ninja thing in a while, has she?
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Treme 19

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Slarti
Watch it Claremont, we've got squeezed processed meat products and we're not afraid to use them!

"Oh, Kurt, I'm so confused and upset!"

"Oh, my child, don't worry. I'm a priest, you can tell me."

She's Jewish, dummy! *thwap!* He's not a priest, jerk! *whap!*

:D
mraaaaaa!!! :mad: that's so wrong!!!
be afraid CC, be very affraid ~nooding head~
Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme 19

Post by Sugah »

I already read X-Treme, so I don't have to buy anything extra. It's Kurt (and the other guest stars) being drawn by Larocca that gets my juices flowing...

Wait, that didn't come out right...
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Sugah
I already read X-Treme, so I don't have to buy anything extra. It's Kurt (and the other guest stars) being drawn by Larocca that gets my juices flowing...

Wait, that didn't come out right...
:naughty: :laugh: Tis okay.

And CC should be a stickler for good grammar and spelling. Every writer should be in my opinion. Because they both are used for conveying your message.

But I DO have big teeth.
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Treme 19

Post by BamfKat »

Come on now if writers were all that careful there would not be so many copy-editors... ;)

This is still gonna be one of my favorite X-Treem arcs. With my two favorite characters :bamf::kitty: and also :storm: getting a reunion, drawn by LaRocha...:love::love:

Woot I say!:shocked:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Treme 19

Post by Hsu »

So this is bugging me. I dislike X-treme. But I love all things Nightcrawler. You'd think it would cancel out and I wouldn't mind that much. But NO!
Now I love that Nightcrawler is in it, but hate that Nightcrawler is gonna be in such filth! GAH!
Better just buy it anyway.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Treme 19

Post by kurtlover »

yeah me too, i 'll have to hide my tail between my legs and buy it :D
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by Stormwatch »

Anyone at all not like Larroca that much, I mean his style isn't favourable to you?

But I DO have big teeth.
Dark Archangel
Lubber
Lubber

X-Treme 19

Post by Dark Archangel »

Come on guys, don't be so hard on CC.
Calling "filth" someone's work is far from being fair... Saying that you don't like it at all for this and that is much more useful and mature, IMO...
Argentino de alma y corazón.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open..."Sir James Dewan, scientist
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by BlueJubatus »

While i dont like his work on comic books right now, i think that its prolly just a passing thing. He did some really wonderful work with george lucas a little bit ago on a book trilogy that I LOVED. :D
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by Stormwatch »

Bluejabutas, what was that???

And, well, I have only liked two of his stories of recent. And wouldn't ya know it, it was the Kitty stories.

Otheriwse, I more distaste Larocca style I guess, and, CC, :shrugs: With X-Treme, meh. What I went for was Sage and the Diaries. And the Diaries, are just, bleh :shame:

[Edited on 7/2/2002 by Stormwatch]

But I DO have big teeth.