More Juice

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

Okay. I asked this question once before trying to get some creative juices flowing and see what everybody would come up with...but the thread died quickly.

Not one to give up too easily, I'm asking all over again.

In one of the Millenium Visions books, there was a spread whose accompanying story was that the X-Men's powers had been elevated to the point where each had God-like abilities. Their own personal mutations had been amplified faaar beyond their present limits...

So my question to you is this:
How do you think different mutants would end up if this were to happen? Nightcrawler is the one I'm most interested in, but if you wanna tell me what you think would happen with the others, that's cool too. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

More Juice

Post by BlueJubatus »

world wide unlimited teleportation mebe?:P
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

More Juice

Post by BamfKat »

I like the idea of expanded teleportation. More to the point, I think of extra-dimensional travel as well. :bamf:

I always liked Alan Davis's power definitions. So I would add to that the abillity to vanish completely into any given shadow. Complete darkvision (ie can see in a completely lightless environment) would be nice too. :eek:

Let the man cling to any solid surface. Let him have monsterous agility... :naughty:

Of course he is already irresistible to women and the very soul of charm and panache! So no improvements there...:naughty:

Strangly, all of these power boosts still do not remove him from the realm of an accessible guy you can see eye to eye with. :bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

More Juice

Post by Bamfette »

yeah even if you took all his powers to the max, he's still not a world devestator like Phoenix or Storm (potentially could be.. worldwide storms and such), i like that, tho :) it would be nice if he could go anywhere, and perhaps be able to consiously travel to the DF dimension, leave people there, maybe... hehehehe....:evil:
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

More Juice

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe he could travel through shadows too, like Psylocke used to do...

And maybe use the atmosphere of the DFD offensively...blast people with it...sorta like Nocturne, only much stronger...or (and yeah...it's kinda yucky) spit brimstone at people or something...

I'll go now :bamf:

PS...it's July 6th Down Under...so Happy Birthday Bamfette! ;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by Bamfette
yeah even if you took all his powers to the max, he's still not a world devestator like Phoenix or Storm (potentially could be.. worldwide storms and such), i like that, tho :)
See, what I'm asking is what if you pushed his powers (or really any of the X-Men's powers) further? I'm talking making each and every one of them a "world devestator."

Some of them are really hard to imagine being powered to that level without completely changing their powers. Like how would Wolverine ever reach a global power level? Or Colossus?

Nightcrawler's a bit easier to imagine than them, no?

I'm thinking that he would be a living breathing portal to the Darkforce Dimension.

Being able to totally disappear in shadow? He'd BE a shadow. All light would simply disappear into his body, with the exception of his eyes, which would most likely glow incredibly brightly.

And being able to teleport anywhere ON the planet easily? He'd be able to teleport the ENTIRE planet. Or perhaps just bring the Darkforce Dimension HERE.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

More Juice

Post by BlueJubatus »

thatd be cool, but at the same time it would suck, i mean, if he were a darkforce portal, hed be pretty much in the same boat as rogue, not able to toutch anybody because he'd draw them into that other dimention....
mabey im just putting too much thought into this....way to much free time on my hands:P
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

DISCLAIMER: I don't ever ever ever want to see this actually happen. There's a REASON I read Marvel & not DC. Gods are generally boring, IMO.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

More Juice

Post by Nandireya »

Yep...gotta agree with that...

And I love your new avatar, Crawler...it's so cute!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

More Juice

Post by Hsu »

I like this whole teleport between dimensions. Does this include, realities or time? Like he could possible teleport ahead or back in time. That would definetaly make him able to cause world destruction. Also if he could make other things teleport into other dimensions. Like "blinking someone into the cornfield" so to speak. Poof! They're gone!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

More Juice

Post by BlueJubatus »

lol, that woul;d be cool:)
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

More Juice

Post by Elwing »

Well, poking wormholes in the time/space continuum in general doesn't seem completely without risk...Apart from how how hard it is to keep track of time, what about the ability to 'port in one of those cute little baby black holes? Would finish the earth for sure before you can say "Stephen Hawking"! :bamf:
Also, a lot of damage can be done with stuff like solar radiation, hard vacuum or boiling lava. Enough to kill of any bad guy; and the less obnoxious baddies can be shut up for quite a while by sending them to, say, Afghanistan. Or mars. Or to some remote island in the pacific that gets only one boat a year. Or a mile up in the atmosphere (splat!). Possibilities are endless!:mags::arcade::goblin::doom::sentinal::juggy:
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

More Juice

Post by Garble »

I started writing a script where a more powerful version of Nightcrawler gets sucked into 616 world.
The "bamf" effect was much more potent. He could teleport into a wall and the wall would explode around him, for instance. He could teleport objects he was touching, without having to teleport himself. He could also turn up the shadow blending to the point of creating a pitch black field around his body.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

More Juice

Post by Elwing »

Hey Garble! Nice to see you:)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

More Juice

Post by Hsu »

Garble that's a good one. Being able to teleport into things and they would be destroyed.
Think what happens when he teleports into a person!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

*wipes the goo that used to be Magneto off his face*
You just had to say it, eh, Hsu?
I wonder what would happen should he teleport inside Juggly Nuts...I wonder if the "natural" Bamf effect would win out over the magical protection...

BTW, Hsu, your Chibis give me the creeps. ;)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

More Juice

Post by Hsu »

Yes, yes I did. :D

Oh and those are courtesy of BAMFCentral. You can get them as avatars too!
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

More Juice

Post by BlueJubatus »

lol, i think theyre cute:P
nice job BC
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

I like my original custom job (that I made myself) better. No offense, Hsu or BC. Thos two just...*shiver*
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

More Juice

Post by Hsu »

Yes yours is great!
I can't belive you don't like them! They are so cool! They're all tiny and demon like. Like they could attack you in minions.
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

More Juice

Post by BamfKat »

The other thing that occures to me is that Nightcrawler would (if an actual deity) have to personify some aspect of reality.

His spheres of influence would include traveling, shadows, Nighttime, Darkforce, and stealth. Holy days would include every new moon and all eclipses (both lunar and solar).

Garble, that version sounds cool I would like to see the story sometime. :bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

More Juice

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by BamfKat
The other thing that occures to me is that Nightcrawler would (if an actual deity) have to personify some aspect of reality.

His spheres of influence would include traveling, shadows, Nighttime, Darkforce, and stealth. Holy days would include every new moon and all eclipses (both lunar and solar).
COOOOOOL ideas, BK! :D
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

More Juice

Post by BlueJubatus »

Garble, Id like to see that too, sounds really neat:P
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

More Juice

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

from the mind of a dark and twisted elf....(not really but it seems that way when you drink way too much mountian dew!)

his teleporting powers weould allow him to port to the past or the future.(maybe 10 year time frame perhaps)..his shadowing ability is overwhelming..blending into anything going from dark blue to a almost midnight black (except plaid! lol)..vision allows him to see at a great distance miles maybe.strength is soso.hes built but not to the point that he could beat out everyone in the worlds strongest mutant contest.(but he could beat wolvie in an arm wrestling match!!) :)
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

More Juice

Post by little Blue Lucy »

All of the above except the built part. He'd be strong undoubtedly, but I prefer my Nighty more on the "skinny" side!^_^
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.