BAMF doll instructions

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Hsu »

Where was that page that had the instructions for making a BAMF doll? I lost the site!! I plan on making one this summer! :D
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BAMFCentral »

http://x-page.net/texts/bamf/

Best of luck, never really got into the pattern.

Had asked someone to do it by modifiying a Teddy Bear Pattern. They started the legs, arms, torso, then they got to the head and said it would be too hard. But the link is the the original one. If anyone ever does make a better pattern please post it or contact on of the Nightcrawler sites to get it posted.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF doll instructions

Post by kurtlover »

what kind of material would be good to use?
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BlueJubatus »

I used felt for mine...
tried to get yellow buttons for the eyes, but couldnt find them, so I made them out of felt:)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Hsu »

Yeah I wan in a fabric store and found all the felt I needed in all the right colors and the perfect yellow buttons! (Don't remember WHY I was in a fabric store though)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF doll instructions

Post by kurtlover »

then felt will be....
i was wondering. how many of you have bamf dolls?
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BlueJubatus »

i have one that i just made:P
working on mark 2 now:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Bamfette »

if you can find it, a fabric called Antron Fleece would be perfect for a Bamf doll. it is the fabric most of the Muppets are made of :) it is stretchy, easily dyed/airbrushed and is fuzzy! try to find it if you can. the makers typically only sell it in HUGE rolls, but some fabric stores or places online may sell smaller quantities of it.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BlueJubatus »

never heard of that before.......mebe ill use that on my next one instead.:P
bout how much does it cost, anyways?
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF doll instructions

Post by kurtlover »

i know where to find that fabric!!! there is a puppet theater here, i could go and ask where they buy the fabric.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BlueJubatus »

cool! Id love to know:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Bamfette »

it's very cheap so they may even give you enough to make a doll :) i worked at a mascot company and i have a bunch of the stuff, they didn't care if i took a meter or two as they got it on a roll that was 3 feet across at the end, a couple meters was nothing, a buck worth, if that.

the thing you have to be aware of it... it only comes in white. you have to dye it yourself, but it does dye easily despite being a synthetic fabric.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF doll instructions

Post by kurtlover »

i know how to dye it, so is no problem, i guess is better cuz you can pick the right colours. i'm gonna try to make my doll but i'm such a clumsy sewing!!! so let's see what happens. my sister is gonna laugh of me all the summer vacations, she thinks i'm a comic geek, but i don't care! :P
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BAMF doll instructions

Post by BlueJubatus »

WOA! Thats great to know:)
hey, im good with dye, especially blue, so far ive applied that color to a shirt, some socks, my hair...:P
Now that i know what to look for, it shouldnt be to much of a problem to find. I hope its cuddly:D
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Garble »

In a pinch you can order some Antron Fleece here.
http://www.puppetstuff.com/misc/fleece.htm
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Slarti »

I started a bamf doll a while back from a modified teddy bear pattern. I've got the pieces cut, but I need to get out my sewing machine to finish it.

I'm making mine out of fleece, with button eyes and tacked yarn hair. It's a really dark blue ropy yarn for sweaters that looks really curly. I found these awesome translucent yellow buttons that look like they're glowing.

My only problem is that it'll be nude! I modified the pattern without clothes (partially on purpose because it was easier), so I'll have to figure out how to make clothes for it after I get it finished. I figured once I get the classic Cockrum costume done I might expand it to other Kurt costumes. The red bedsheet or black leather look anyone?

:D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Crawler »

I was working on my own pattern for a beanie style bamf doll a while back...but since I know so little about sewing and really didn't wanna cut my monkey (which I was using for the general design) all apart, I gave up.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Slarti
My only problem is that it'll be nude! I modified the pattern without clothes (partially on purpose because it was easier), so I'll have to figure out how to make clothes for it after I get it finished. I figured once I get the classic Cockrum costume done I might expand it to other Kurt costumes. The red bedsheet or black leather look anyone?
:D
NUDE?!?!?!:o
When I was really little, my mom made me a teddy bear. She involved me in the process as far as picking out a pattern and what furry material to use. On the day she finished it and gave it to me, I started crying. "It's NAKED!!!!" Frustrated, but loving as always, she made clothes for it and even a set of pajamas that matched mine. To this day though she gives me a hard time about my former Teddy-Bear-Nudity-Taboo.

Yours sounds like it will be really cool, Slarti! I made mine out of T-Shirts, but since your using GOOD materials, I'd make the Cockrum costume out of actual spandex, and the "leather" one out of vinyl.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Crawler »

Your Teddy Bear didn't have...parts...did it?

I saw ones that did at Spencer's once. Scarred me for life. :(
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Slarti »

LOL! Well, I'm gonna have a lot of time on my hands for the next few weeks, so I'll get my Bamf done and post some pics (complete with censored patches for Garble's delicate tastes!).
;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF doll instructions

Post by kurtlover »

LMAO Garble!!! i used to have a cute turtle doll but it had a strange bulge where all you know.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Hsu »

Great, my simple question has turned into a thread about Teddy Bear that are endowed. :dead:

A Vinyl "leather" costume would be really cool! If you pulled it off it'd look really neat!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Hsu
Great, my simple question has turned into a thread about Teddy Bear that are endowed. :dead:
Uh-huh. Go ahead and play innocent. :rolleyes:
Originally posted by Hsu
A Vinyl "leather" costume would be really cool! If you pulled it off it'd look really neat!
We know what's really on your mind. ;)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF doll instructions

Post by Hsu »

ROFL!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Way to twist my words Garble.