Uncanny 409

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Uncanny 409

Post by Crawler »

So long as Wolverine keeps his showing up every once in a long while to give sage advice routine, I'm okay with Chamber leaving...I just hope that the rumors about Austen putting together an 8 member team are false...
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 409

Post by BlueJubatus »

so do i, to many people detracting from nighty;)
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Uncanny 409

Post by Crawler »

Well, too many members detracting from each other, at least. You have that many characters and none of them get the amount of spotlight the deserve (and NEED...to stay interesting)
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny 409

Post by Elwing »

Question about #409: Have we seen an actual cover yet? I can't seem to recall it? Anyone?:?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

no cover yet... i'm gonna be checking popcultureshock (they usually get previews up first) constantly to see it, lemme tell ya!! i am so glad this is coming out next week and not 3 weeks from now, even though it will mean Casey's las issue will be out sooner, along with any chance of seeing his 'untold Nightcrawler story' (he didn't seem keen on the idea of telling it in Unlimited :() and also seeing Archangel run for presidency.

I'm becoming more and more ticked that Casey is leaving. you know what also sucks? you know how Chuck austen is gonna kill off 'one or two' characters? Casey said last night that the end of the X-corps would be the end of having any deaths in his books, for what he had planned so far (and he had planned for up to 2004) and Radius was not really dead. but now he essentially is, 'cause the story for him coming back is locked away in Caseys brain (something to do with building a parking lot over the spot where he's buried...:?) *sigh*
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny 409

Post by Elwing »

heh. Feathers for president! Vote Big Bird! That would be a nice one. Also, I've just hammered a bookmark into http://www.popcultureshock.com/ ...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or mayebe "bluebird' or as stacy so fondly refers to him "birdboy" certainly funnier than my campaign slogan:

Vote for Warren Worthington: have an ANGEL on your side!

or something like that :) he could have the bestest of the best campaign slogans! don't try and tell me you wouldn't vote for a guy with angel wings. :p
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Uncanny 409

Post by Elwing »

Not to mention a very cute blue guy with wings. Another thing #408 left me wondering about... How old should one be to run for president in the US anyway?:?
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 409

Post by Hsu »

Hmm... Warren for president. That oughta be interesting. Sounds awesome. I think it's funny how they have covers for the one past 409 but not 409.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

the same thing happened for 406, and it turned out because it was spoilerish - 406's cover was Mystique slitting Banshee's throat. probably the same deal here, which is why i want to see the cover so bad! :D

i have no idea how old you have to be... JFK was the youngest right? and he was older than Warren who is... what, late 20's?
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 409

Post by Hsu »

It's not an age thing is it? I thought you had to be born in the country, be a citizen for like 20 years or soemthing like that. JFK was the youngest ELECTED, teddy roosevelt was the youngest ever I think.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

maybe Kurt was saying that because vorters are more likely to vote for an older man? regardless, i think Warren would make a superb president :D and to keep this on topic - Nightcrawler could be his PR guy :) a devil and an angel side by side (he wasn't born in america so no presidency for him no matter how much we love him...)
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny 409

Post by Panz »

37-38 I think, but dont quote me.
Yes, the cover to #409 is 'spossed to be one big spoiler, but I still want to see it.

My bet is that it either has to do with Kurt and the priest thing or the Identity of the SP. Or maybe both.

:bamf:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

hmmm....yeah, becasue we already know that it's the Vanisher, it was in the solicit, not to mention last issue. so showing him is no spoiler, and Casey said the SP would be in 409, yet no mention of it in the solicit... :smirk: must be something to do with Kurt/SP... *gasp* could it be ANOTHER Nighty cover??? boy... if it is, we sure are being spoiled lately! :D

actually... in chat yesterday soemone who was there from the beginning really frightened me when they said it was Nightcrawlr on the cover of 413. scared me to death! but then when i questioned further, they realized i was talking of a different cover... they said Casey said Nightcrawler was on an upcoming cover, but they got the issue wrong... oooooh! it's probably 409!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Uncanny 409

Post by Crawler »

You have to be 35 to be elected President. You also have to have been born in the United States. There are other requirements, but thse are the two big ones. I think JFK was 38.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny 409

Post by Panz »

Im trying to think of what else it COULD be? Hey Bamfette, They can spoil me, I can take this kind of spoiling:naughty:

We know that he cant be too dead (Nighty, that is) because he's on the next cover, so its gotta be the collar.

Lets just hope that Vanishes' not Kurts Dad (weird thought of the hour).
*blag*

:bamf:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Uncanny 409

Post by Crawler »

Whoever finds the cover first had better link to it! I wanna be spoiled!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Uncanny 409

Post by Garble »

You have to be at least 35 to be president. You have to have been born in America, and you have to have lived in America for the last 14 years.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Uncanny 409

Post by Crawler »

I knew I was missing a big one. Thanks Garble! It been years since I've been in any sort of Politics class...
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny 409

Post by Rex Luscus »

Originally posted by Bamfette
... even though it will mean Casey's las issue will be out sooner, along with any chance of seeing his 'untold Nightcrawler story' (he didn't seem keen on the idea of telling it in Unlimited :() and also seeing Archangel run for presidency.

...Casey said last night that the end of the X-corps would be the end of having any deaths in his books, for what he had planned so far (and he had planned for up to 2004) and Radius was not really dead. ...
Hey Jill, where did you get this info? Did Casey do a chat or sump'n?

And what 'untold Nightcrawler story'? The stuff that the SP really did to him? Or something more general?

-Rex
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 409

Post by BlueJubatus »

YAY! I hope it is him ditching the priest thing:)
hmm, i just had a rather unpleasant thought about who could be the one to die. It could be angel. Think about it. If he runs for pres. he's an instant target for assasination:( But then, that ones pretty obvious, so hopefully im wrong:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny 409

Post by Bamfette »

yup Casey said so in chat last night, and a couple nights before that... lurkaround X-Fan chat over the next week and you'll probably catch him sooner or later. said he would have had Archangel run for presidencey, Radius would be alive, and lots of other tasty bits including quotes from 409. he would not say what his Untold Nightcrawler story was about... jsut that there was one which would have been told in Uncanny if he had stayed. :(

and about the assisination thing... i don't think so, the presidency was Casey's story, not Asuten's... i don'tthink Austen will be using Warens buisness connections as much as Casey did

but i still fear for Archangel's life :(
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny 409

Post by Hsu »

Yeah, Warren seems like the person to die. Nightcrawler can't cuz he's on other covers. Chamber can't cuz isn't he doing some other comic? Bobby COULD, but really, who wants to see Bobby die?
So that leaves Warren.

Deductive reasoning, sort of.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny 409

Post by BlueJubatus »

it sucks, but yea, it is looking, to me at least, like angel is gonna be the one to visit all the others in comic book limbo....er heaven.:P
mabey well get lucky and he'll kill off one of the others he's bringing in.