Chuck Austen on the CoH

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by Panz »

I just got a reply to a question that I asked on the Uncanny Chuck Question

I asked what he thought of the CoH and if he was planning on using them in his writing...He replied that he found them interesting and that whether he used them or not would depend on who you asked!

Sooo...maybe Casey has some hold on the Coh/SP and the powers-that-be are having trouble deciding if they want both writers to have creative control of it or what ever..It was an interesting way to phrase his reply, I thought.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by Bamfette »

uuuuhhh.... weird.... :?

and forthe record, i agree the CoH guys and SP were goofy, but i STILL want to see Caseys conclusion to it cause... well, he came up with it. and i think he's the only one who knows what was taken form Kurt. I mean i am sure austen could think of something that fits, but it wouldn't be the original intent, and i want to see that.
fuzzy elf
Lubber
Lubber

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by fuzzy elf »

"i agree the CoH guys and SP were goofy"

You got that right
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by Panz »

Me too, I REALLY hate when people dont get to finish what they started...it irks me a lot. I would like to see Casey finish the holy war story so that we can see what he had in mind for Kurt.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by Garble »

A big problem with reading X-Men over the last few years is the constant rotation of writing staff and the started but not finnished plot threads. So I'd like for Casey to wrap up what he started, but I'm thinking that Austin is planning on wrapping it up if Casey doesn't.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by BlueJubatus »

no kidding.....that line about the SP having plans for him kinda got me...
and for the record, i didnt see anything spoilerish about the issue, or at least nothing that would warrant its not being up on the previews :rolleyes:
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by Slarti »

I'm with Bamfette. I wanted to see Casey finish the SP/CoH storyline. That little scene in 409 didn't tell us anything we didn't already know -- except that Kurt was ordained! :eek:

I really wish he's wrapped THAT up instead of the Vanisher storyline. *sigh*
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by kurtlover »

as you i hate to see things unfinished, but that's the history in x-men plots anyway, death?...unfinished.... back from death?...unfinished. to be ordained or not to be ordainded... now resolved (for now), i want to kick somebody's a@@, please someone to stopped me! :o
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by BamfKat »

Here are some the dangling threads that Casey has left... (Good and bad) that Austen could deal with.

1. CoH and SP kinda silly and well :Z I hope someone gets to deal with it and makes it worth dealing with. Right now I am more annoyed with it than intrigued simply because the plot has done nothing for Kurt's development or the story that could not have been handled better as simple character development from the inside so to speek.
2. Political ambitions and Warren Worthington. This is one of he best sub-plots Casey came up with. :D I can more realisticly see Senator Worthington than President, but the story arc would be grand none the less.
3. Kurt can teleport how far? up to like 5 miles. So he suddenly does a couple hundred but no one even asks "Whoa dude, since when can you do that?" :rolleyes: So why was it not questioned by anyone? Or explored in any way?
4. What's up with... Lady Mastermind? (not really unfinished, just there as a potential enemy. and a good one too ;) )
5. Sean Cassidy and his voice :Z been there and done that before.
6. Radius: Dead or alive. My guess is dead (being buried alive tends to do that). I understand that Casey was going to keep him alive somehow though so this ends up here as a possible plot thread... :?
7. Kurt and the priesthood. :shocked: Now he is ordainded? :shocked: Now he is not (Wolverine 173) :? Chuck has said he will deal with this so it remains to be seen.
8. Repercussions for killing the three guys in the restraunt. (Incasing them in ice will sufficate people.) This will be forgotten. :huh:

As always we must wait and :read:

*Eyes Slarti* With our threads back I suppose we can drop this drape, huh? :naughty:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
mason
Lubber
Lubber

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by mason »

If anyone is to resolve this storyline I would prefer it to be Casey in his "Holy War" thingy he proposed (or supposidly has). He started it, he knows how it was supposed to end so I figure he's the best one to end it.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Chuck Austen on the CoH

Post by BlueJubatus »

yea, i hope that he gets to finish his story, i just hope that if he does get a mini/graphic ghe dosent use it as an oppertunity to mess around with nighty even more,- dont get me wrong, i like his writing Im just sick of the whole priest thing and dont want it even more indellibly imprinted on continuity- ah well, it would be neat to see his unpublished nighty story tho:P