8/23 Issue: Rustler Ruffler

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

8/23 Issue: Rustler Ruffler

Post by Svartfreja »

<Jamie> Jamie perched on his chosen barstool, leaning back on the bar as he watched the girls. The last time they went out together, they came back with a disgusting pole that had who knows how many STDs on it. This time, they would come home with nothing except maybe a guy for Beth.

<Beth> Beth had no thoughts about getting a guy, only dancing and having a merry old time and not getting her drinks spiked because brain-fu. She twirled Tandy for funsies and threw Jean a grin.

<Jean> Or, a girl for Beth! The night was young and so were they! Jean was dancing, red hair swirling as she moved. The really nice thing about having Jamie here was she could show off... and she didn't have to worry about anyone messing with her, or her drinks.

<Tandy> Tandy laughed as she was twirled, doing the same for the other girl because it was only fair. It had been soooooo long since she'd been out to a club, she'd missed dancing with other people around.

<Jamie> Or a girl for Beth. He grinned and tipped his head to the side as he watched his fiancee moving on the floor. There would definitely need to be some quality time in a corner soon.

<Jean> Jean giggled, watching Beth and Tandy, and adding an ass shake to her moves for Jamie since he was watching her with that look in his eye.

<Beth> Since Jean was not getting twirled by Jamie, Beth decided to twirl her too. Telepathy was way better than yelling in people's ears for club talking too, We should do this more often.

<Jamie> Jean was only being watched by Jamie because this was mostly a girls' night out. He would only interfere if necessary. Only the bodyguard and occasional maker-out-er of Jean tonight.

<Jean> We should! This is awesome! She spun and laughed catching Tandy's hand to drag her back into the fun.

<Tandy> Tandy let herself be dragged, lighting up her own personal 'glow sitcks' to wave them around to the music too.

<Jean> Two could play at that game, so she lit up with pink teke sparklers, waving one at Jamie just because she could.

<Jamie> Jamie rolled his eyes in mock annoyance and took a drink of his beer. Watch it, babe. I might pull you into a corner sooner than we planned.

<Shatterstar> He'd seen them come in, easily placing the faces, but had lost them in the crowd for a while. Then the lights drew his attention and there they were. Powers in the open. This world was so much different from his own. He wove his way through the crowd to get a little bit closer.

<Beth> Because she was using her telepathy, Beth's butterfly aura was already lit up around her face but now she wanted glowy sparklers too. The purple glow lit her hands. Now they all matched!

<Jean> After this song? Sounds like a daaate. Jean felt like she was floating, enough that she had to check to make sure she wasn't. Nope! Just some of her best blend before the club.

<Beth> Beth liked spinning with all their shiny lights buuuuuut now she was dizzy. Woah... don't spin that fast...

<Tandy> Tandy giggled and reached out to steady Beth, dismissing one of her daggers to free up her hand. Careful....

<Jamie> "Ha!" He shook his head and continued watching them, grinning as he enjoyed the view.

<Jean> Jean righted both of her dance partners with her teke and flipped her hair over her shoulder, catching a flash of red hair and a black leather jacket that reminded her of Jamie's long lost jacket. Bad memories! Nope!

<Jamie> Jamie suddenly frowned at the small dip in Jean's emotions. You okay?

<Shatterstar> The loud music was charging up his powers nicely, not that he'd been using them at all these days. It was easier to blend in that way. He found a spot to watch these X-Men on their off-evening and made himself comfortable.

<Jean> I'm fine! I just... saw something - someone. Reminded me of.... She sent him a wordless torrent of feelings that added up to Arcade. Jean tried to shake it off, literally.

<Jamie> Whoa. Okay that was a lot. Jamie had an involuntary shudder to try and get rid of the feelings himself. Would a dance partner help?

<Tandy> Tandy was now holding Beth up which she didn't mind so much... what she did mind was that one of Beth's 'glow sticks' had cut through the strap on her top and Beth was giggling way too much to help her fix it.

<Jean> Absolutely! She'd always tried to get Jamie to go dancing with her when they were in school, but he'd been too nervous to go out. This was gonna be great!

<Jamie> Jamie downed the rest of his beer, took a deep breath, and pushed off the stool. He rolled his shoulders in his coat as he stood and glanced around to make sure they would still be safe and he froze. Noooo. That's not.... He shook his head and looked back at Jean, a slow predatory grin sliding onto his face. He made his way to her and snagged her around the waist with one arm to snapp her against him in one swift motion. "Oh, hello."

<Beth> Beth was trying to help but it was kind of funny... I'm so sorry! I forgot it was there and they don't slicey the skin just the other stuff... so they're totally safe... um... She gave Tandy a sheepish grin, I will buy you a new shirt.

<Tandy> It's really sweet that you think I paid for this one, Tandy gave Beth a pat and tried to tie what was left of the strap to the other side of itself. Where's the other...? Why was the back so looooow?!

<Shatterstar> Well he couldn't ignore a damsel in distress... he slid through the crowd and retrieved the other half of the strap, passing it to Tandy's hand without a word.

<Jean> Jean eeped, finding herself pressed against Jamie, and looked up at him with a bright grin. "Ohai!" Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Beth and Tandy fighting to keep Tandy's boob contained in her top. She almost moved to help, but then the redhead she'd seen earlier swooped in. "Whoa!"

<Jamie> He started moving them with the beat of the music until he saw the same thing Jean did. It couldn't be. Could it? Jamie narrowed his eyes as he examined the jacket. It was! "Hey!"

<Tandy> Tandy turned to see who had helped her and blushed, thanking him for the assistance and quickly tying the strap together.

<Beth> "Oh you made a friend!" Beth congratulated Tandy.

<Jean> "A friend with Jamie's jacket?" She was mostly speaking to Jamie himself, but her voice carried.

<Beth> "Jamie's jacket?" Beth frowned in confusion, "How would a randomer have Jamie's jacket?"

<Shatterstar> He watched this exchange with equal parts confusion and interest.

<Jamie> Jamie let go of Jean and shoved his way through the girls, doing his best to not accidentally manhandle or hurt them. "Hey," he repeated. "That's mine!"

<Beth> Beth flailed at Jamie and nearly took out Tandy's other strap as she clung to her to keep her balance.

<Tandy> "My boob!" Tandy complained.

<Shatterstar> "What is yours?" he needed some clarification.

<Jamie> "That jacket!" He reached out to grab at the collar, looking for the "X" near the lapel for proof.

<Shatterstar> He deflected the hand with speed and ease, taking a step back. "I didn't steal it, if that's what you're implying."

<Jamie> "I know you didn't because I know where I left it. The question is why do you have it and how the hell did you find it?"

<Jean> Jean had followed Jamie and was just as confused as everyone else, watching the redhead who seemed to be wearing Jamie's jacket. "I thought it looked just like it!"

<Shatterstar> "How did I find it?" What a question. "That suggests I was looking for it in the first place." He folded his arms, staring Jamie down, "I don't even know who you are."

<Jamie> Jamie glared up at the man, not intimidated in the slightest because he wanted his jacket back. "No, it suggests that it was somewhere no one normal would be able to get to. And I want it back."

<Jean> "How the fuck did you get that jacket from Arcade-land?!" Jean hadn't been entirely sure herself until she saw the little X insignia. That was totes Jamie's missing jacket! The one she'd worn when she thought he was dead!

<Shatterstar> He turned his attention a little toward the redhead, "I didn't."

<Jean> But he knew who Arcade was?! She hadn't made any connection before other than red hair, but now she felt her chest tighten up. OMG!

<Jamie> Jamie reached out and pulled Jean behind him, slowly, never taking his eyes off the other man. "But you know who he was." It wasn't a question.

<Shatterstar> "And I know he's dead."

<Jean> Jean was torn between wanting to cower behind Jamie and wanting around him to see what exactly this guy was up to. "Aaaaaand, you're here for revenge?!"

<Jamie> "Alright, who the hell are you, dude?" And why wasn't he giving up the jacket?! MINE.

<Shatterstar> His eyebrows rose at the accusation from the redhead, "Revenge? Do I look like I'm here for revenge?" After he'd just saved their friend from flashing the entire club too! Offended.

<Beth> Beth's butterfly aura lit up, I'mma poke it...

<Jean> "I don't know what you look like when you're out for revenge for Arcade! I just met you! Sort of! Who are you?" She echoed Jamie and then nodded in response to Beth, too distracted to realize she was doing it. Poke!

<Beth> Beth was not asking for permission, she was already doing the thing. He is offended. She shared her intel.

<Jamie> "We don't know what you're here for. We just know that you're wearing my jacket and the last place I saw it was in Arcade's Murderworld."

<Shatterstar> "If I was out for revenge, I'd probably be armed," he pointed out. "And no one that grew up where I did would be upset that Arcade is dead."

<Jamie> So then am I his hero? People should give heroes their jackets back. That's a fitting tribute. MINE.

<Jean> He's offended! I'm offended! Jean flailed a hand. He's offended! she told Jamie.

<Beth> He has no idea who the fuck you are, Beth gave Jamie mental pats. You are a nobody.... but he knows who us girls are. Score!

<Jamie> Jamie turned to give Beth a shocked look. He had no idea?! He was about to! JACKET. He turned back to face the dude, "You're welcome."

<Shatterstar> He looked between the members of the small group, seeing the purple haired one's butterfly shaped aura light up made him paranoid, "What are you doing? You're using your powers so you're doing something." And now he was confused again, "What am I welcome for? This jacket I supposedly stole? You never heard of 'finders keepers'?"

<Jean> How does he know who we are?! Jean flailed again, but by now she wasn't scared of this guy so she crept up to hold Jamie's hand.

<Jamie> "It keeps my powers in check, so no. No finders keepers." He felt Jean's hand slide into his and he gave it a squeeze. "I wasn't wearing it when I killed him. I'd like it back now."

<Beth> Beth gave Jean the side-eye, You forget we're on tv? We're famous woman. We got superhero team props. You should spend more time on social media. She turned her attention to the guy, "I'm using my freaky mind powers to poke your brain."

<Shatterstar> Telepath. Figures. Oh well that was relatively useful. "You killed him?" He looked Jamie over.

<Jean> Now Jean was super offended. "Yes, he killed him!"

<Beth> Beth giggled at Shatterstar's unvoiced oppinion on Jamie.

<Jamie> Now it was Jamie's turn to be offended. "Yeah, I did, buddy. Now give me back my jacket or I'll do it to you, too." Would that work? Duping into the jacket that prevents duping? It would work, right? Of course it would work! It wouldn't stop this asshole from duping.

<Tandy> "Uh.... no you won't. That's called 'murder', Jamie..." Tandy reminded him. "Also, people are looking...."

<Shatterstar> He glanced around them and saw that people were indeed looking. "Let's take this outside..."

<Jamie> Someone please tell her I wouldn't actually do it. But not in your out loud voice. I've got a bluff to keep up with. "Good idea. After you, No Name."

<Jean> Jean's head whipped to look up at Jamie, then she relaxed at his voice in her head. Whew. Crisis averted. Don't worry, he's bluffing, she told Tandy, then looked around to notice people staring and feeling their curiosity.

<Shatterstar> He was happy to lead the way, easily weaving through the crowds on the way to the door. His best friends were outside. He'd feel much better about his situation with those nearby.

<Jamie> Jamie slapped a wad of cash on the bar before he followed the dude outside. Who the hell was this guy?! Why the hell was he still in the jacket?!

<Beth> Beth's butterfly faded as a purple bubble blossomed into life around the group to assist them in staying together as they left the circle of onlookers.

<Jean> Jean was still holding Jamie's hand, staring at the back of the other guy's head. So he's from wherever Arcade was from?! How?! You think he worked for him?

<Jamie> Not if he's happy he's dead. Jamie didn't take his eyes off the guy either. Unless he's a usurper. Can either of you sense any specific powers?

<Tandy> Tandy trailed behind them, totally confused. She was kind of grateful to the stranger for saving her boob situation but this had taken a turn.

<Shatterstar> Once he'd cleared the door of the club, Shatterstar turned off the main street to collect his belongings from where he'd hidden them. Muuuuuch better.

<Jean> I dunno, you can totes hate somebody you work for, she sent, starting to feel uneasy when the guy turned down an alley and started rummaging for something.... "He's got a sword!" She stopped walking and threw up a teke shield between them and this sketchy sword guy.

<Shatterstar> "Two swords," he corrected. Not that he drew either of them. "I don't plan on using them."

<Jamie> Jamie narrowed his eyes at the guy. "I'm only gonna ask you one more time. Who the hell are you?"

<Shatterstar> "Which name do you want?"

<Jean> "How many do you have?!"

<Jamie> What the hell kind of question was that?

<Beth> Beth lowered her own bubble so she could use her brain-fu since Jean had the teke covered, the butterfly aura lighting up again as she diverted the attentions of passers-by on the street.

<Shatterstar> "Three," he replied simply.

<Tandy> At the back of the group, Tandy summoned a light dagger and elongated its form. Sometimes it paid to be prepared.

<Jamie> "I have three, too. We want the one you go by." How was this guy this obtuse? ...Technically four. But only if you count the one alias. Right. Which is two words. Shaddap.

<Shatterstar> "Well, in the arena I went by 'Shatterstar'," he gave an easy grin, "In this place I've been using the name Benjamin Russel." Not nearly as impressive sounding.

<Beth> Beth blinked, "Man, that is one badass codename."

<Jamie> "Great. Give me back my coat, Benny Boy."

<Shatterstar> He frowned a little, "You know, I don't think I've heard the word 'please' come out of your mouth even one time."

<Jean> "Please give him back his coat?" Jean was still holding the shimmery pink teke shield in place. "It's special, and it's my fault he lost it in Murderworld."

<Shatterstar> "For you, I will consider it." He told Jean. It was a comfortable jacket though. "But first I want to know how he did it."

<Jamie> Jamie was glad Jean said it, because there was no way he was going to after that comment. "How who did what?"

<Beth> Beth sighed, "He wants to know how Arcade died. People tried before and it didn't go so well for them."

<Jean> "He killed Arcade to save me," she said, sensing the guy was a little more sympathetic to her than Jamie's bravado.

<Jamie> "And I would do it again if I needed to."

<Shatterstar> "While that's lovely, it doesn't really answer my question."

<Jamie> This dude wants specifics?! Is he crazy?! Jamie rolled his shoulders in the trench coat. "Like I said, I wasn't wearing that jacket then. It keeps my powers in check."

<Shatterstar> "I don't know anything about your powers."

<Jean> "He basically blew him up from the inside," Jean said, glancing between the two guys and wrinkling her nose slightly.

<Shatterstar> He couldn't help it, he pulled a face at that mental image. "Messy..."

<Jamie> "To put it mildly. Jacket?"

<Jean> "Please," Jean added, hopeful. Then thought about it... "Where did you find it anyway?"

<Shatterstar> He wondered if he should point out that there was possibly an Arcade in their own reality buuuuut maybe not a good idea. "Outside an abandoned meat packing plant... it was just sitting there." He slid an arm out of one of the sleeves.

<Jean> Jean shuddered. "He had us locked up there...."

<Beth> Beth focused her thoughts on the stranger's brain, I wouldn't do that... trauma. Maybe our Arcade is just a short ginger dude with a fondness for bow ties and retro video games...

<Jamie> Jamie suddenly lost a sliver of his bravado and he gaped slightly at the guy. "It was right there?! Seriously?!" Where was a trashcan?! He needed to kick something.

<Shatterstar> Jacket removed, he tapped on the pink forcefield with a finger. "Once Arcade was dead, anything not his creation was ejected from his Murderworld. Your jacket included. Otherwise you'd all still be in there."

<Jean> Jean cautiously let the teke barrier fall, ready to light up the Phoenix at the first wrong move. "Then were you ejected too?"

<Shatterstar> He held the jacket out to Jean because Jamie was being a butthead. "No. I followed Arcade there."

<Jean> "Ooookay. Why?" She took the jacket with a nervous smile. "Thanks. I was wearing it, but I lost it..."

<Shatterstar> "I wanted to keep an eye on things... he took over my world after the Sentinel Act destroyed it. I wanted to make sure he wouldn't get the chance to do that here... and I didn't want to stick around in my own reality after some of yours so graciously freed us from his tyranny."

<Jamie> Fucking trench coat. He flailed in his struggle to get it off, not even caring to keep up the facade of tough guy anymore. Get... OFF! The trench fell to the ground in an unceremonious heap and Jamie took his jacket from Jean. Once he had it, he felt a weight lift from him. "Thanks."

<Jean> Jean's mouth dropped open and she didn't even know where to begin processing that. "Whoa..." Jamie's flailing shook her out of her shock, but only a little.

<Beth> Beth was still in his head so... "Carol saved you... when she went there with the little Shaw. You should thank her in person."

<Jamie> Jacket in place, he looked over at Jean, fully content, like a cat full of cream. She's so getting boned hard tonight. Focus! What did he say? "You're... From another reality? Like that little shithead?"

<Shatterstar> He nodded to Jamie's question though he was looking at Beth, "He followed them and I followed him."

<Jean> Jean caught the drift of his thoughts and squirmed a little in place. Yes, please! Oh, wait, they were talking about important things.

<Jamie> "So... What are you doing here? Arcade's dead. You can go anywhere now." Jamie resisted the urge to wave a hand in front of the dude's face. But only a little.

<Shatterstar> "You mean the club or your reality?" he raised an eyebrow, turning his attention back to Jamie.

<Jamie> That sounded so weird to hear and it's about to get weirder. Don't listen. "Our reality." SO weird. What happened to not listening?! Because that's so easy to do?! Dummy.

<Shatterstar> "Well, first of all, I can't go home on my own... second, my reality is an apocalyptic shithole. Yours is much nicer."

<Jean> "And what do you mean he took over your reality? So you followed Carol and Michael Shaw out of that portal in the basement of the school?"

<Jamie> "I didn't say you had to go home. This place isn't exactly Care Bear Land, either."

<Shatterstar> "I'm not a hundred percent on the details... most of it happened before I was born. I know that mutants were nearly wiped out by humans and in the fighting the environment took a turn. Without mutant cooperation, the humans couldn't adapt fast enough. Served them right. So the mutant population bounced back... at least until Arcade decided to make himself king of the world with the help of the Sentinel tech."

<Shatterstar> "He liked the idea of finding the strongest mutant so he started pitting them against each other in a battle arena... That's the world I was born into. As I said, yours is much nicer."

<Jean> "I'm still in shock that there are other realities like that, but that sounds awful... a whole world with Arcade in charge?!"

<Jamie> "Been there, done that. No thanks."

<Shatterstar> He laughed, "You think you've done that. But you haven't. It could have been much worse. Ask your friends - they were there." He got his swords situated in their proper place now that he was sans jacket, "Anyway, you have your jacket. I have my answers. I think that means we're done here, yes?"

<Jamie> Jamie still had questions, though he wasn't sure why. "Are you a mutant, then? Or an alien?"

<Shatterstar> "Mutant. Like everyone left in my reality." Alien? Seriously? What the hell kind of question was that?

<Jean> "Maybe your world has gotten better with him gone?" A whole planet of nothing but mutants? Wow.

<Shatterstar> He shrugged, "Maybe. It's not like I can find out."

<Jamie> "Ya know the cliche about not being able to go home again isn't true, right?"

<Shatterstar> "You know someone that can send me home? Or are you saying it's a super smart idea to waltz into a heavily guarded government building to try and go home the way I got here?"

<Beth> "He's got a point there..." Beth spoke up.

<Tandy> The danger had clearly passed so Tandy dismissed her light sword... except now it was all dark in the alley. She projected her light out instead to keep the ambience.

<Jamie> Jamie jerked a little at sudden dark, then blinked at the sudden light. "Okay, make up your mind, wouldja?" He turned back to Benjamin. "We can get you there."

<Tandy> Tandy stuck her tongue out at the back of Jamie's head.

<Shatterstar> "How do I know it's not a trap?"

<Jamie> "Fair question. I'd ask the same thing." Maybe this guy wasn't so bad? They shared a slight paranoia at least. And a penchant for chasing destroyers of lives.

<Jean> "I mean, you saved Tandy from her wardrobe malfunction and you gave us back Jamie's jacket so why would we trap you?"

<Jamie> Jamie rolled his shoulders in his jacket, but it had a more comforting feel than one of irritation. Jacket.

<Shatterstar> "Because I'm a potentially dangerous, armed, unknown entity from another reality?" he guessed, "I don't know what your government structure is here but that seems potentially strong grounds for incarceration to me."

<Jamie> "Hi, the President's girlfriend is part of the government heavy hitter team. I think you're safe."

<Shatterstar> "Or that's exactly the reason I shouldn't go to where the heavy hitter team lives."

<Jean> "Along with me, and Beth, and Tandy. We're like... super friends with government backing. The president likes us and everything!"

<Beth> "You can come home with us," Beth assured him, "I can totally mind whammy anyone that tells us we should arrest you. I'm okay with that."

<Shatterstar> He eyed the group critically, "You people are all weird."

<Jamie> "Those three are the sneak-attack heavy hitters. You never see them coming. You're gonna be fine."

<Shatterstar> Sneak attacks with super flashy powers. Like a grenade. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look around..." He could make a nice hole if he really had to escape in a hurry.

<Jean> "Well, you can totally see me coming, but only if I use the birb." Jean agreed with a nod. "So are you going to come with us?"

<Beth> "We have cookies," Beth added an incentive.

<Shatterstar> He laughed, "Oh, well, if there's cookies..."

<Jamie> Jamie wrinkled his nose. "No bird. No fire." He turned his head to give Beth a questioning look, "Really? Who's cooking them?"

<Tandy> "Jess always brings baked goods when she comes for our sparring sessions..." Tandy reduced her light a little since they were talking of leaving.

<Jean> "Well I didn't say I was gonna use the bird... OH! I can! Jess showed me how to make cookies! I'm totes gonna ask her to teach me muffins next, because pre-baked children just makes me think of muffins."

<Beth> Beth gave Jean a hard stare, "Who's baking children?!"

<Jamie> "I... Uh. Babe, that's not..." How to word? "No."

<Jean> "Bobby, but not really," she waved Beth away. "Anyway! We have baked goods and the ability to produce more of them."

<Beth> I'm confused. You need to explain when I'm not high af... Beth informed Jean, sharing her mental image of cakes with little pudgy arms and legs sticking out of them because why not?

<Jamie> Jamie tilted his head at his fiancee and just blinked. Time to have a conversation with the human popsicle.

<Shatterstar> "Then I'll help you eat the baked goods and see if you can send me home... then maybe consider if I want you to." He leaned to pick up his other hidden belongings in a bag and shouldered it.

<Jean> Jean just started giggling at that image.

<Jamie> Jamie scooped up his trench coat from the asphalt and gave Ben a nod. "Let's go then. That all your stuff? You like dogs?"

<Shatterstar> "That's all my stuff," he confirmed, then frowned at the question. Did he like dogs? "I don't know? They seem fine?"

<Jamie> "Cool." If Breathless doesn't like him, we kick him to the curb faster than you can say 'bye, nerd'. Jamie wrapped an arm over Jean's shoulder and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "We're making a pit stop, then. Our dog's been cooped up all day. Probably needs to pee by now."

<Beth> "Woo! Puppy pit stop!" Beth was very happy with this news.

<Jean> Breathless loves everyone! Even Rogue! Jean was happy to be tucked under Jamie's arm.

<Jamie> Rogue? Huh? Jamie gave her a confused look, then shook his head to clear it, and looked up at Benny Boy again. "You're going to have to squeeze between these two in the backseat." He thumbed over at Tandy and Beth. "Don't let your swords injure Baby." Seriously? Those are not going in Baby. "On second thought, they get to ride in the trunk. For safety." Of Baby.

<Shatterstar> He raised an eyebrow, "Baby?"

<Beth> "It's what he calls his car. Because he's one of those weirdos," Beth supplied helpfully.

<Jamie> "Hey, hey, hey. Respect the car. It's a weapon. All weapons need names. Names create a subconscious respect for someone or something."

<Jean> "And she's cute, like a baby!" Jean was helpful.

<Shatterstar> "Well I'm not putting my weapons in your weapons ass hatch," Shatterstar determined.

<Jean> "Do your swords have names?"

<Jamie> "Then you'll leave them here or you'll walk." Jamie arched an eyebrow. "I'm not letting anything risk her interior. She's fully restored." He looked down at Jean with a frown, "And not cute. Sexy. She's sexy, babe."

<Jean> "Like a baby," she reasoned, then thought about that.

<Jamie> He made a face. "Babe..."

<Shatterstar> Shatterstar rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to draw them inside a vehicle. That would be stupid." What was wrong with this guy?

<Beth> Beth poked the back of Jamie's head, "Hey, it was your idea to take him to your house. Be nice."

<Jamie> "Hey! Baby needs me to take care of her because she can't take care of herself." Jamie flailed his free hand behind his head at Beth's probing finger. "So there's a negative percent chance that they won't slice through their sheaths?"

<Shatterstar> "They wouldn't be doing their job if my swords were in danger of falling out of them, would they?"

<Jean> "I'm sure it'll be fine. It's no more dangerous than that time we did it in the back seat with the handcuffs." Jean rolled her eyes.

<Tandy> "Pretty sure cum's gonna do more damage to your upholstery than him," Tandy thumbed to Shatterstar.

<Jamie> "Wow. Wow. Okay. First of all, blankets are a thing. Second of all, handcuffs aren't sharp. And C, I don't know how worn your sheaths are, dude."

<Shatterstar> "They're fine."

<Beth> Beth frowned, "How about Jean bubbles the upholstery then everyone's happy?"

<Jean> "It's fiiiiiine, we cleaned!" She chirped happily.

<Beth> Beth stared at Jean for a long moment to see if the penny would drop.

<Tandy> "I think she means for the pointy things," Tandy stage-whispered to the redhead.

<Jean> "Oh!" She waved a hand. "Yeah I can totes do that, too."

<Jamie> "Oooor... Jean can just bubble the 'pointy things'."

<Beth> Beth blew a raspberry at him, "Booooooring."

<Jamie> "Oh, you don't want to ride in the sexy car anymore? Okay."

<Beth> "I don't need your silly car. I got sexy purple bubbles."

<Jean> "And I have sexy pink bubbles, but the car's still faster," she pointed out.

<Jamie> "Faster and more fun." Jamie grinned down at Jean, knowing just what the vibration of the engine could do to her.

<Beth> Beth wrinkled her nose, "Not when you're squashed in like sardines with you two canoodling in the front it isn't."

<Jean> "We don't canoodle while he's driving. We can't wreck Baby!"

<Jamie> "You mean to tell me you don't want to be snuggled up in the backseat with Dirk Nowitzski over here?"

<Beth> "Is that some American culture reference I don't understand?"

<Jean> Jean shrugged, completely lost herself. "Maybe it's a man reference?"

<Jamie> Jamie sighed. "Seven foot tall, redhead, pro basketball player from a foreign country..." He stared at the girls, hoping that would help them know who he was talking about. Blank faces. Blinking eyes. They have no idea.

<Beth> Beth did but only because she was cheating, "So it's an American and a man reference. Yeah. Wrong tree there, big dog." She patted Jamie on the head.

<Jean> Jean giggled, unable to help herself as his annoyance at being patted like a dog filtered through.

<Jamie> Jamie shot Jean a look and made a noise. "Let's go then. I'm ready to have people stop poking me."

<Beth> Patting was not poking! Beth decided to show him the difference.

<Jean> Jean poked out her lower lip into an epic pout when he gave her the look, but giggling won the day again when Beth poked him.

<Jamie> Jamie flailed and frowned. "I meant mentally and physically. You poked the back of my head earlier. No touchy."

<Beth> "But it's so fun to make you cranky! And so easy!" Beth giggled.

<Jean> Sidling up to him, Jean took his hand and put on her puppy eyes. "Awww, don't be cranky."

<Jamie> "I don't want swords in my car," he grumbled.

<Shatterstar> "They will be inside your car. Not in your car. There's a difference I could show you."

<Jean> "It'll be fiiiine, both of you boys can keep your swords sheathed and we'll all get along!"

<Jamie> "You stick a sword through my car and you'll get to see exactly what my powers are." Jamie could totally picture himself surrounding this guy to protect Baby.

<Jean> Jean rolled her eyes. "I said we'd all get along!"

<Beth> "Yeah, Jamie, stop making Jean a liar!" Beth really couldn't help herself. Winding people up was in her dna. Had to be. It would so much explain her mother.

<Jamie> Jamie glowered, but didn't say anything else, just started walking in the direction of the car, Jean still under his arm.

<Jean> Pleased that at least Jamie was listening, she hummed to herself as they walked. Baby will be fine!

<Tandy> As they finally seemed to reach some consensus about moving toward the car, Tandy finally dimmed her light all the way down to off. Phew. But no more dancing today... sad.

<Jamie> She better be. He looked over his shoulder at the giant. "Ya comin', pretty boy? Or you just enjoying watching us walk away?"

<Shatterstar> "Still trying to decide if this is more trouble than it's worth..." He sighed and started after them. It wasn't like he had any other offers.

<Jean> Jean couldn't help but giggle at his commentary. You called him pretty, she sing-songed.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6