Clairemont, Comic-Con, and Questions!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

So... August 1-4 is the Comic-Con and I'm going for two days! I'm trying to decide which days though. On Friday, Mark Hammil will be there directing a mockumentary about comic geeks and they're looking for people to put in it! I wanna be in a movie!!

On Thursday, there will be a pannel discussion on the X-men. Chuck Austen and Chris Claremont will be there. I wanna find out stuff.

Saturda, Ray Bradbury will be there and I HAVE to go on Saturday!

And Sunday is Speed Racer's 35th Birthday party!

Unfortunately I can only go to two days and Saturday is one of them! OH NOS!! Help me decide!!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

claremont. definately claremont.
Bring us back some dirt:P
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

ever notice ho c and l together kinda looks like lowercase d......
sorry, i havent had much sleep:P
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Ach, Speed Racer's overrated. Wouldn't you much rather find out all about the X-Men so you can be our hero? *bats eyelashes adoringly*
:D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yes you must got pester Chuck Austen and Claremont... also Joe Casey will be there try and dig up some dirt on Holy War. :D i dunno, i was jsut never into Speed Racer, myself...
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Friday and Saturday!
Casey, Austen and Claremont:eek:
I soooo want to be in San Diego!

*pandora wanders off to slit her wrists with a plastic spoon "G'bye cruel world"
*Sob*.....*

HeeHee... have fun Hsu!:P
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

CRAAAAAAAAP!!!
It's not looking good for Thursday. Unless I can convinve my parents to forget Ray Bradbury and go Thursday and Friday, I'm totally screwed!

Jill, yeah I forget when Casey's gonna be there. Stan Lee will be there too. Also, the two guys from Penny Arcade!! W00t!!

I'll try to get tons of piccies and scan them in for you all to see!
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

San Diego, .... That's in America right? *looks out the window, Australian desert looks back* oh well,
:)
maybe one day when i win the lottery..... :) ;) :)
..... I'll buy out Marvel and make them do an ongoing Nightcrawler series! heh,

SPCBFE - the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Blue Fuzzy Elves :D ^_^ :P
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Yes, it's in California. I can't beleive no one else here is going! I'm so bummed! I wanted to hook up and hang out with some of you! Guess we'll have to wait for the X2 premiere (which I think you should all come down to Hollywood and see)
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

lol, if i had any means of getting there, i shure as hell would. Unfortunately, im stuck in KS for the time being:(
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Ok everyone! Here is my schedule as of today. This prolly won't change unless I come into some large quantity of money. I'm going on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, that meens the Austen and Claremont thing is out. :( But I hope my current schedule suits you all fine.

Friday: This is me time. I will be doing the booth thing and snagging some schwag!
7:00 I'm trying out for Mark Hammils movie! W00t! Hsu: Coming to a theater near you!

Saturday: Ok it gets good here.
10:30 Joe Quesada will be answering any questions fans may hagve with "brutal honetsy." I hope to get the official answer to "What'd you mean you're going all Ultimate?!?"
2:30 Ray Bradbury will be talking bout a whole bunch of crap. Whoo!
5:00 Daredevil and X-Men 2 discussion. Colin Farrell (Daredevil) and Bryan Singer will be there! I'm gonna see Bryan Singer again! I hope I get to talk to him again, he's really nice. He's gonna answer questions and screen an clip from X-Men 2!!!! OMG! :eek:
8:00 (If I have time) The masquerade! Someone better dress up as Nightcrawler or I'll be pissed!

Ok so if anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask Joe, or Bryan, post em here!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by kladyelf
Ooooh, I LIKE that!!! Cool! We ought to adopt that into the club somehow, whenever we get around to that...

Have fun, Hsu! I'd love to go to Comicon, and someday Hubby does too, so someday... I'll be going to a con in Minnesota in September, I hope there's something there worth the drive! Mebbe by then we'll get to see some movie stuff. *crosses fingers, toes and tail*
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Get me some Schwag, Hsu!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Betablue »

Claremont cautions (or so I've heard): He goes reticent easily. (And if that isn't the biggest BELIEVE IT OR NOT ever, I don't know what could be.) I just read his comments in the let's-talk-to-the-whole-darn-X-gang interview in Wizard's latest X-Men special, and he seemed firmly embedded in monosyllabic "precious" mode--y'know, where he gets to smirk 'cause he's fifty-something and "sophisticated" and the fancritter yutzes surrounding him are just that. If I had my druthers, I'd avoid him like the West Nile virus for two reasons: 1. I have dim thoughts of someday writing something, and his verbal effluvia might prove contagious, and 2. my tolerance for "precious" is at a world low right now, and I might be just hideously tempted to take a Jackie Chan header over his signing table with a quadruple-shot mocha in my mitt. Sorry, Mr. C: was that your lap?

Short form: he comes off as secretive and smug in his online chatter over at X-World; can't see why he wouldn't be the same way in the flesh.

And I think "termination of parental rights...please" every time he's linked with Kitty Pryde. MechaniX. Right. BIIIIG SHUDDER. But that's drifting, innit?

Not the answer we wanted, eh, folks?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Slarti
Originally posted by kladyelf
Ooooh, I LIKE that!!! Cool! We ought to adopt that into the club somehow, whenever we get around to that...

actualy i've been considering just adopting that into my sig at other forums.. no explanation... just "member of SPCBFE" in my sig. just to confuse people :p or there is ICTDFD... try and figure that one out :smirk: i think Nandireya and i are the only ones to know right now
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well Hsu, you may miss Austen, but i will be sure to accost him in Toronto!
Originally posted by Chuck Austen

I'm coming for a convention at the end of August. I'll be there two days, Saturday and Sunday.
*marks calendar*

anyone have any questions for Chuck? not that it is hard to ask him at his forum, but whatever...

ooo!!! the Kuberts are gonna be there! ok, get sketch of Ultimate Kurt.. teee-hee...

ooo!! and Ken Lashley!! ok, get sketch of AoA Nighty!!! woot!

whee!
i missed last years con. but this one sounds cool. well suppose i should get to work on that portfolio.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Well, good, Now I don't feel too bad. I was gonna dress up as Nighty, but I procrastinated, and now I don't have time to make a good costume. I refuse to go looking stupid!
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

SPCFBE....
eeee! i've started something!!!! *mischevous grin*
does that mean i get a title or something?
kladyelf, originator of SPCFBE, and elf-spanker -umm.. elf speaker extraordinaire :) heheh, i meant speaker, really i did..... :P

whats ICTDFD? (when in doubt, ask!)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

I'm really not into that sortof thing, really... just like playing with words.....