Uncanny X-Men #410

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny X-Men #410

Post by ces »

Well, I just want to say something about UXM-410 as well... People start posting more and more in that thread - and I dont want to read the thread until Ive read the issue first! *sigh* Probably another week for me... (Getting slightly irritated at delivery companies, a year ago it took 1-2 days before the issues arrived in Sweden, and now it takes almost a week...)

Oh, by the way, Im figuring out what to say as I write... So, sorry for the ramblings! :p Or not, why should I apologize for that!?

Well, well... Ive seen some of your signatures and it seems Nighty is letting at least one or two jokes out of his mouth... Happy, happy joy, joy!! :D

So, let me see... What do I exactly know? Well there was that preview at comicscont. and the cover and those jokes... *pondering real hard*

The cover isnt telling much, and even if it were, I wouldnt trust it. And the story seems to be about this Squid-Boy, wonder if its his nickname or just something bad other call him (obviously those guys arent meaning it in a nice way... :() And it must be the X-Men who are coming for a visit... Whom else could it be, really!? Some new mutant recruiting baddies - oh please, tell me it isnt so! Im getting sick of that particular idea.

Weve got an obvious mutant. We have Kurt, Stacy and Warren. Hmmm... The poor boy might find something here... And then Bobby of course, if hes in ice form - that must be a cool power for all children! And Wolverine, well, he has a funny look too, which might work... *ponders* I hope this just is going to be a get-to-know-the-characters issue, no baddies please! *ponders further* Would the whole team meet with Squiddy (affectionate name, mind you, I feel for him!) or just a few..? Hmm... that doesnt matter to me as long as they get together later on. And I start seeing those jokes Ive been promised!
"What the hell was that?-Warren
"Something that went whoom and then went chunk. And eventually goes reeee."-Kurt
*ponders* Is Kurt sarcastic? Did he say something to Warren that he didnt like? (Oh, :lick: PLEASE!!) Or, did they just see something... something that really went whoom and then chunk and eventually reeee? (Even :laugh: funnier!) Perhaps a mutant power of Squiddy? (Please, dont give him powers! Not any large ones anyway, I want to see him deal with himself.) *ponders* What did they see?
Kurt Wagner. Nightcrawler. Teleportation ability. Enhanced strength. Poor comedic timing due to lack of practice.
"Aye, Carumba. Bet you thought I was going to say something cute in German, didnt you?"
:laugh: Im going to love this issue!! *ponders*

Is the first something of yours, Bamfette? Or is it in the intro page? If so, that would really be cool! :D And is this yet another marvelous proof that Marvel cannot speak other languages? :dead: Is it supposed to be Spanish ¡caramba!, or perhaps its a name? Anyway, he uses the word cute, is he talking to a female ... or perhaps Northie has made an early appearance! Anyway, Kurt seems to be back! :naughty:

I cant wait for the real issue! Im sure you all are laughing at loud (lolling, loling, LOLing :?) at me right now. But, who cares!? I want this issue now! I want to know whats happening! (And that I wish to learn through reading the comic and not a forum.) I can only say that I ache for those who have to wait longer than I have to do... :(
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny X-Men #410

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Aww don' worry ces we're not laughing at you!:) I haven't gotten the issue yet (getting it today) but I accidentally read some spoilers.:P Eh, oh well!:oops:
Also I like that: 'Squiddy'! That's cute!:D
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny X-Men #410

Post by kurtlover »

i don't have to laugh at you because as i told you before i have to wait weeks (and sometimes an entire month) for an issue, in fact i'm still waiting sitting in my butt with web spiders around me for UXM #409 to show.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny X-Men #410

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by ces
Kurt Wagner. Nightcrawler. Teleportation ability. Enhanced strength. Poor comedic timing due to lack of practice.
"Aye, Carumba. Bet you thought I was going to say something cute in German, didn't you?"
:laugh: I'm going to love this issue!! *ponders*

Is the first something of yours, Bamfette? Or is it in the intro page? If so, that would really be cool! :D
to answer a couple of yur questions - here is the complete text of the Roll-Call page including dialogue.. sound FX are surronded by ***... tey are on the blackbird somewhere above the Atlantic Ocean.

Warren Worthingotn III. Archangel. Angel of highest rank. Flight due to natural wings. Blue and cool. The Leader of our group.
***WHOOM-CHUNK***
:warren: "What the hell was that?"

:) "Something that went 'whoom' then went 'chunk'."
***REEEEEEEEEEEE***
:) "And eventually goes 'reeee'"

Stacy X. Real name. unknown. Pheromone control. Kick-ass fighter. Slutty yet fun.

***rrrrRRRRR....WHUMP***
:stacy: "Sounds like something just tore off."

Logan. Wolverine. Healing factor. Adamantium laced skeleton. Attitude times ten.

:logan: "Things're getting more fun by the minute."

M. Monet St. Croix. On loan from X-Corporation. Massive strength. Brains. Beauty. And lord does she know it.

M "We don't want that happening at several hundred miles an hour."

Bobby Drake. Iceman. Cold temperature control . Organic ice control. Refined comedic timing through continuous use.

:icey: "No, really. Ya think?"

and he says his little 'Aye Carumba' line to Stacy... after they make thier 'landing'
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny X-Men #410

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I loves that ish!:love:
Originally posted by kurtlover
i don't have to laugh at you because as i told you before i have to wait weeks (and sometimes an entire month) for an issue, in fact i'm still waiting sitting in my butt with web spiders around me for UXM #409 to show.
You still don't have 409!:eek: I am so grateful our comics come like a month in advance practically! I don't think I could stand it if I had to wait that long! I commend you guys!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.