Chuck sez...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

ok people, i have news straight from the mouth of Chuck Austen! i was talking to him today at the comic convention, and one, the Mystique Nighty story is now #424... :( they had to move it because of something to do with the movie, it turns out... weird huh? i forgot to ask which issue had to do with the movie, the one being moved or the one taking the 415 slot, but either the Iceman issue or the Nighty issue, i guess... either they wanted the Iceman one out before the movie, or the Nightcrawler one after the movie. speaking of the movie, they said that they would not be changing any characters to reflect their movie appearance, so no scars. tho movie characters would be spotlighted around the time of the movies release (i believe #424 puts it somewhere around movie time)

and, what is now 424 is MOST DEFINATELY an origin issue. i was chatting with Chuck while getting him to sign stuff, and he had bought a lot of the art form the issue and he teased me saying i would really really love one page in particular.... Nightcrawler's conception! :o so looks like we will get to see who the father is for sure :) tho Chuck and Dave teased me about Kurt being a herpahrodite, but didn't believe a word of it, they were jsut kidding around... :p

i am likely going back tomorrow, and Chuck has told me (after i went and lined up) that i could just go up to the front and skip the line (he rules) so since i don't hafta stand in line, anyone want me to ask him anything? he seems a bit more likely to spill the beans in person :naughty:
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Chuck sez...

Post by Crawler »

I :love: you, Jill.

*puts on the painful thinking cap*
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Chuck sez...

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Oh Man! Um... Okay I've got one!
Will Nighty have more true love in his life? If so who?
Okay that's probably stupid but it's the only thing I can think of. I am obsessed with the flirty romantic Kurt thing!:love::laugh:
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Chuck sez...

Post by Elwing »

Chuck is probably just pulling your leg. But putting it out around the time of the movie release makes sense. looks like Marvel is not going to repeat the mistakes it made with the first movie. (when first time readers were welcomed with a pretty lame neo story, if I recall correctly)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

pulling my leg about what? the hemaphrodite thing, yeah i know that already we were jsut joking around :p everything else is completely serious tho, i am certain of it.
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Chuck sez...

Post by ces »

:o Too dazed to come up with any questions right now... I mean Nighty's conception! :D I'm gonna :love: this!
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

sorry guys, i didn't go again today. i've come down with a cold :(
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Chuck sez...

Post by Rex Luscus »

Wow, I'm so impressed that you got Chuck to spill some stuff! What convention is going on right now, btw?

-Rex
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Chuck sez...

Post by Elwing »

Ai 'fette, Get well soon! *brings out the chickensoup...*
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

aw, thank you :) and i am feeling better now. i think i was moslty overly tired than anything...

Chuck compared me to Nightcrawler to someone else :D unfortunately not for the best of reasons... ( but still... he *mentioned me* to someone else :ooh: who'd of thunk it?) it turned out i dissapeared on him before he was finished talking to me :oops: he said one second i was there, then he turned around and i had vanished... tee-hee... 'tis a bad habit of mine... :ooh: bad Jill! i coulda gotten more spooilers! i bet he was about to spill the beans on everything :p
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Chuck sez...

Post by Nandireya »

:bamf:'s conception? They're not gonna put that in a PG rated comic book!

Are they? :surprise:
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Chuck sez...

Post by Betablue »

Had my weekly outing with the Niece, and we got our noggins t' thinking, once again, about who Nightcrawler's daddy might be.

Might be...NOT: Ye Olde Randome Count-type. Done to death in the past, and OH-SO-SIXTIES, in a completely uncool Marvel Comics sixties way. But not, note, in a Hammer House of Horror sixties way. Christopher Lee, circa 1966, as Kurt's dad: that'd be cool.

Might be...STILL NOT: Dracula. See above. Marvel Dracula: not cool. Christopher-Lee-circa-1968-Dracula: could work.

Might be...if he weren't so heavily into BLACK LIPSTICK: Mr. Sinister. The Niece's favorite choice, even if we can't stop imagining him being played by Tim Curry.

Come on, kids, this is a MODERN SHOCKING MARVEL: My favorite choice, 'cause it's just so darn funky-twisted: Mystique saying, "Kurt, I am your father." Actually, she'd say "I'm," but that's beside the point. Three reasons why this'd be the one to bet on: 1. Our panties would bunch in unison, giving Marvel immortality in the Guinness Book of World Records as "The Triggering Agent of the Largest Panty-Bunching in History." 2. We all know Mystique, God love her, is a little bit of a lying cow, so future Marvel writers could have her say, "Kurt, I never said that. Your must've been high." 3. Just imagine the spit-take.

As for the "conception": unless they're going all Marvel Knights on us, I think things are gonna be pretty dark. In fact, I'm channeling "Young Frankenstein" and seeing about four perfectly black panels: "Oof--I don't believe--OH, SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE, AT LAST I'VE FOUND YOU--!!"

Of course, we'll be dealing with that manga artist during that issue. THAT has me a little concerned, on a personal art-preference level that gets tedious pretty quickly.

Back t' you, Christopher Lee--
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Chuck sez...

Post by kurtlover »

YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!! i'm happy for you! and thanks for the great news!!! :D:D::D i'm very happy and i can't wait to read.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Chuck sez...

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Bamfette
sorry guys, i didn't go again today. i've come down with a cold :(
i hope you're getting better now, drinking honey with lemon helps a lot :)
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Chuck sez...

Post by Betablue »

NO MANGA FOR THAT ISSUE? A REPRIEVE--?

Okay, okay, think: appropriate display of UTTER FLIPPING YIPPEE that doesn't belie deep-rooted dislike for manga-style art...that we won't be seeing....

Heh heh! Lock up the doe-eyes, kids! It's time for the SNOOPY DANCE! Heh!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Chuck sez...

Post by Panz »

Panz skulks through the thread, dripping pools of green jealousy.....:P

I KNEW he loved you better then me *sniff*

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Just kidding, Bamfi! Im so glad that you got to meet him.

Panz
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Chuck sez...

Post by Panz »

You weren't bragging anymore then I would have been! I was just teasing...ERRG! XFan keeps having some serious latency or bugs, or something today.... Have you read 411 yet Bamfette? it was pretty good, I thought...Kurt is so cute!
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

nooo... :( i was in Calgary, and got back on Thursday, so missed out on comic wednesday :p i was hoping to find a copy at the con,. but could not find one, they were all jsut carrying back issues, even the Silver Snail's (my comic shop) stand. :p oh well. i will wait till 412 comes out to pick it up... atleast it's bi-weekly right now. it is a big trek to get to the comic shop, not worth it for one book. *sigh*
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Chuck sez...

Post by Panz »

Uber-dweeb that I am, I bought two issues...I would be willing to loan you one so that you could see it if you like? I want to put one copy away in plastic, because I tend to read them to death, but I think I can trust you not to mung it up! let me know, at least you could read it then.
Panz

little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Chuck sez...

Originally posted by Nandireya
:bamf:'s conception? They're not gonna put that in a PG rated comic book!

Are they? :surprise:
It's quite possible.
Conception simply means the point when the egg is fertilized and a zygote is formed.
This can be explained without resorting to anything um, overly graphic!;)
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Chuck sez...

Post by silvermouse »

...if they actually show it, in the same fashion as "Look Who's Talking" I may die laughing. Hee. X-Men is on!
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Chuck sez...

Post by Bamfette »

with Sean Phillips doing the art, i somehow doubt that approach! they'll probably be shown in bed, but covered by either the sheets, or heavy shadow.

and Pandora, the offer is sweet, but it is only a week away till i pick it up, i can last ;)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Chuck sez...

Post by Slarti »

Wow, Bamfette's got the ultimate insider pal! Cool beans!

Ah....Nighty's past finally revealed. It better be good. I'm thinkin' Wolverine Origin good!
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Chuck sez...

I know! I want wowness and Oh So THAT explains it! I don't want any loose ends or vagueness or anything! I've waited too long!
Originally posted by Bamfette
with Sean Phillips doing the art, i somehow doubt that approach! they'll probably be shown in bed, but covered by either the sheets, or heavy shadow.
Yeah I actually meant to point out that it would probably be on the more serious tasteful side.