Uncanny X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Megalictis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Megalictis »

More fuel for those who say she's not really Cyke's daughter?
She isn't biologically his daughter, is she? She's the parthenogenic offspring of the Phoenix. Scott is her father in the same way that Jean ( "Redd" ) is Cable's mother - he raised her as his daughter in an alternate future.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

She really is his daughter. And Jean's daughter. But she isn't technically the actual offspring of the Scott and Jean of the 616 reality, but from a diff reality. So she shares the same DNA.

In Rachel's Dimension Scott and Jean got married and had her. But in the 616 reality Scott and Jean never had a baby together.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Well, i believe there was a plotline in the works at some point about Rachel's father being the Phoenix force, but that's jsut something I've heard alot on X-fan..........
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by scheherazade
Originally posted by msgt
Anyhow the thing that really stood out to me was Rachel's name change! She is called Rachel Grey!
More fuel for those who say she's not really Cyke's daughter?
Well, perhaps she's taken on her mother's name because she's none too happy with the Scott/Emma thing which is pretty obvious in the first reload issue.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

[spoiler]"Their technology puts the Defenders' skills and courage to shame."[/spoiler]

PUTS TO SHAME! PUTS TO SHAME! GET A NEW DAMN LINE! Every single freaking time I read something by Claremont he just HAS to have something "put to shame"! Christ! *sputters*

:X

Other than that, the issue was completely meh. Some fighting, some explosions, some blandly dubious and/or rerun character interactions. Meh.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral
She really is his daughter. And Jean's daughter. But she isn't technically the actual offspring of the Scott and Jean of the 616 reality, but from a diff reality. So she shares the same DNA.

In Rachel's Dimension Scott and Jean got married and had her. But in the 616 reality Scott and Jean never had a baby together.
What I was referring to was the doubt raised when *villian whose name I can't remember right now* turned Cyke into a hound to hunt Rachel, but he couldn't do it... the villian was confused, because, given such a close blood relation, he should have been able to track her. There is speculation that her father might really be Logan, which would account for her extrodinary performance as a hound.

I think Shadow_Dancer's reasoning is probably right, especially now that I've read the issue! Emma is such a B*tch!

In other news... Has anyone else read the new uncanny? [spoiler]Kurt, Kitty, and Rachel are all back at the mansion, and Sage was calling up Brian and Meggan! *squeals with joy* EXCALI REUNION!!!!!! *jumps up and down* I am now waiting on the edge of my seat for the next issue. [/spoiler] This has made me the happiest little Sche...
[edit] hmm... i thought I was done gushing about this, but I guess not... [spoiler]There is a little picture of Meggan shown in one panel.... it's a photo on a desk, but I just keep looking at it and thinking how much I missed Davis drawing her. Absolutely noone else can draw her correctly... *squeals* [/spoiler]

BTW, where did that cool trick of Storm's come from? I wasn't following x-treme, does that explain [spoiler]how she blew away all the fakey sentinels?[/spoiler]

Oh, and another thing... Who is this Melody? It's making my head hurt... (btw, if it's explained in the Cannonball story in Unlimited... don't tell me! I'm getting it in the mail sometime... *g*)
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I've been forced to one X-title for a while, so these "new" characters are throwing me. I'm gonna have to break down and buy the new handbook. GRRR
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh yeah ! It's SO COOL to see Storm, Wolvie and Nighty working together again. And, for the first time (I think) Kurt in the traditional yellow and blue X-uniform. :)

One question concerning Brian Braddock : isn't he now the powerful king of Otherworld ?? He recently appeared with Meggan in Avengers and spoke like a deity ! If the new female Cap Britain knew where he really lives (Braddock manor in England), she would come and try to kick his ass !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

This is why I like Claremont so much. He knows how to do a really good action-adventure :engarde. I don't mind angst, but not all the time, or constant darkness. The best adventure tales contain some of these elements, but they also include a touch of humor :LOL and a little romance :kiss. You only have to look at the biggest blockbuster movies to understand that's what people really want. CC knows how to deliver, and mixed with Alan Davis art, you can't go wrong. :D

Ahem, now I'm just waiting for the romance part :whistle
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

To be honest I liked the issue. I think CC's game is better here then it was on X-Treme X-Men, or Revolutions for that matter. Who knows maybe, just maybe this is a signal that classic Claremont is returning. I am a fan of Alan Davis, and his art here is better then it was when he filled in for the Twelve story line. So all and all I'd say it was a good issue. Sure at times it was all over the place, however it had a lot to cover. This was the book that was setting up Reload so you have a lot of exposition to get out of the way for the other books. I have a feeling that next issue will be better structured. I will be the first to admit, Uncanny's cast isen't exactly the most entertaing, or greatest combination of characters for one book. But it works. Here's hoping that Psylocke comes back from the grave to help spice up the cast.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

I agree. I think CC's work on this first Uncanny issue of Reload was even better than all of his stuff on X-Treme just because it felt like the old X-Men.

I think the "bland" cast for Uncanny will mean we get to see some characters like Rachel, Wolverine and Storm become a little aggressive and keep things interesting. Besides, with the proper use of villians, the team doesn't have to be rife with strife.

Then again, I'm all for Psylocke coming back, so...:psylocke
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
Robin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Robin »

Just read Uncanny #444, which I understand is part of a major X-overhaul called "ReLoad" (I don't much keep up with news sites, I just enjoy my comics as they come LOL). What can I say, I really really liked it! I felt it was a perfect jumping-on point for a newbie like me and although I'm kinda lost when it comes to characters like Rachel Grey, I think Claremont managed to make the issue very accessible even to those who didn't follow X-Treme X-Men (of which I only read some issues). And of course Alan Davis' art is just gorgeous. Can't wait for the next ish.

Robin
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

Just heard that Coipel will be filling in on 448 and 449. I can't wait, though I'll sorely miss Davis after so long a departure from him:(
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh, cool. Coipel is a great choice for a fill-in. :)
So, no idea about Brian and Meggan, people?... Well, I think Claremont and Davis will deliver the answer. But I doubt Brian still lives inside Braddock manor with all his responsibilities in Otherworld...
www.atlantys.biz

littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Megggggan!! Pleeeease! I miss the bygone days of early Excalibur. Even though I was never old enough to read the comics back then...
Alan Davis is definately back where he belongs - drawing Kurt!

I haven't yet picked up the new issues, but thats due to a work overload and English exams coming up.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Diablo
Oh, cool. Coipel is a great choice for a fill-in. :)
So, no idea about Brian and Meggan, people?... Well, I think Claremont and Davis will deliver the answer. But I doubt Brian still lives inside Braddock manor with all his responsibilities in Otherworld...
Brian is busy with some big mess over in Avengers, I thought.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yep, he is.... big stuff with Brian and Meggan happening.
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Hey Bamfette, I have a question for you is Chuck bring back [spoiler]Apocolaypse[/spoiler] in his first storyarc? I'm looking forward to CC's first storyarc in Uncanny X-Men because he's using [spoiler]The Fury[/spoiler].
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

nope, not Appocalypse....
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Well the only other two people it could be is either [spoiler]Lady Deathstryke[/spoiler], or [spoiler]Xorn[/spoiler]. Even thought I like the character I think that him[spoiler]turning out to be Magneto was an interesting end to his character[/spoiler]. Unless it some how turns out to be [spoiler]Psylocke[/spoiler], a lot of people would be happy with that.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

:D i'm so happy that Rachel is back in the comics, i also like her new look (she finally got rid of her mullet :rachel ;) ), so shes changed her name to Rachel Grey & took on the name Marvel Girl as a nice tribute to her "late" mom.
it was also nice to see Kurt, Kitty & Rachel in the same book
i WANT a excaliur reunion
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags:
Well... while Excalibur ... the book... is returning, I don't think Chris is returning to Great Britain...he is setting it inGenosha and has stated that it will be Xavier's book... at least to start ... and will deal with Xavier trying to rebuild Genosha...with a little help from his friends. Batch of new mutant characters and maybe some old ones....
heheheheheheee... comes out next Wednesday! Be there or be square!!!

LOL
paty
:mags
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well, we didn't see Meggan a lot in Avengers, but a cameo is always welcome. :)

Wow. We can see you everywhere, Paty ! One can guess how much you're happy right now !
;)
www.atlantys.biz

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Small news : here is what I've read at Comix-fan...

In Uncanny X-Men, look for Warbird to appear and there was a page shown with Nightcrawler dancing in the sky with Storm.
Do you think what I think ??
:guitar Kurt and Ororo, sitting on a tree... :love
www.atlantys.biz

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I'm a little confused about something concerning the release of issue #445 Comics Continuum says it comes out June third but Marvel doesn't have it listed on what's coming out that week. What's going on? is it still coming out with a June issue or has it been pushed back another month?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania