Movie 'Crawler Update

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kladyelf »

oops, heh heh, i posted the Alan/Kurt pic on another thread, i thought i'd seen this thread but couldn't find it again, thought i was dreaming :#) :) sorry Bamfette
(and what's this about a naked Kurt pic - hubba hubba?)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by Garble
Well... y'know I think it just might be....
Yes, I know. I just thought they could make it look more realistic...You know what I mean...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by InterNutter »

Just to throw my two cents in on the 'fur' issue. It *has* been done *realistically* and on film.

vis. _La Belle et Le Bette_ and _Earth Girls Are Easy_

Basically, you make a wig with *VERY* short hair for the face. Me? I'd start with velvet or velour for makeup tests and go from there.

Sure, it may be a bit uncomfortable, but fabric lets you move *way* more than latex...
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

Isn't that the stuff they use on Rebecca when she played Mystique?:? Guten tag!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
yeah, you have to understand there are limits to what can be done. just like Crawler said. there is no way they can make him look exactly like in the comics. it's simply impossible. what we got though, i think is very good, considering the limitations :D
Yes, and I'm not dissagreeing, but I had this picture in my head of what I dreamed he would look like. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I think one of my things was the glare coming off one of the hands, made them look rubbery. But that won't happen in the final filming. And I'm sure the tail will look great.

I wanna meet Alan Cumming SOOO bad now. Just to give him a hug (or maybe just a handshake)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Garble »

Sorry, ahmed. I have to be a pain in the ass, it's in my nature.

Internutter, I thought for EGAE they wore furry body suits but just make-up on their faces...
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Betablue »

So, I taped Alan Cumming on "So Graham Norton" on BBC America the other night, this very *frank*, very funny half-hour talkshow thing with this guy who's got the personality of a heavily caffeinated cockatiel. (I've talked about this on other boards, so please feel free to shout, "God! SHUT UP. I've heard this already--!!" at your computer screen. 'Hem.) Alan's on there, and he's wearing a gray kilt (!!) and a black muscle shirt, and HEY! if he doesn't almost have muscles--! NOT any kind of bulk, so all you "I DON'T WANT NO BEEFY KURT!!" people can just stick yer kielbasas back in the fridge, but just enough solid meat so that he looks, well, uh, kinda nice. THERE. I SAID IT. "NICE." "KINDA." Graham, en route to talking about Naughtier Things (heh heh), got about forty words out of him about X-Men, mainly to the effect that he wishes he'd done it about fifteen years ago, when the body was more willing and all that. All in all, the most amusing chat about the cleansing of male genitalia and the superstar status of uncircumcised men in the United States that I've heard in...well, uh...ever.

Y'know...he has such a pretty voice. Man, that Scottish thing....*sigh* Think much of my initial rabid dislike of the man came from the fact that he seems almost pathologically compelled to adopt the most irritating American accent possible when making movies in the States. Ya oughtta leave the "Fargo"-style talk t' us Minnesotans, Alan, dontchyaknow. We invented it--and it even annoys US--!
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

EGAE makeup

Post by InterNutter »

Originally posted by Garble
Internutter, I thought for EGAE they wore furry body suits but just make-up on their faces...
Nope, they had furry body suits, but the faces were covered in a sort of wig, too. No greasepaint anywhere. You can see it in the closeups. Fuzz.

My best guess is that they were hot in there and needed an air conditioner each, but there was full movement around the face and, near as I recall, no complaints about it hurting to blink...

I guess the fuzz must fold up like the eyelid does or something.

Read about it in _Starlog_ and _Fangoria_ ^_^
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
kay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kay »

Originally posted by Crawler
Fuzz would've been either impossible to photograph or impossible to act through, I'm sure. You have to understand that making movies isn't magic. Even though the movies may be showing things impossible in real life, they still have to find real life ways to do it.

And I'm in the "I love the hands" group. I don't know why people don't like them, honestly. Make the fingers longer and it'd look even weirder, make them thinner and he's going to look like the Crab man. I'm sure they tried many things before settling on what we see here and I think the did an incredible job on the hands...and from what I've heard, the feet are equally well done.
I understand...I suppose I could get used to the hands. Anyway...there are no hooves! Thats all that matters *sigh*
They actually did a great job.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by InterNutter
Just to throw my two cents in on the fur issue. It *has* been done *realistically* and on film.

vis. _La Belle et Le Bette_ and _Earth Girls Are Easy_

Basically, you make a wig with *VERY* short hair for the face. Me? Id start with velvet or velour for makeup tests and go from there.

Sure, it may be a bit uncomfortable, but fabric lets you move *way* more than latex...
i dunno about the La Belle et Le Bette, never seen it. but i am fairly certain that it was just paint on Earth Girls are Easy...

they dont use latex much anymore, anyway. most places are goin for silicone these days... much more flexible and such.

cloth may move easier (from working with all KINDS of furry fabric, and gluing said fabric to all sorts of forms and trying to get it to conform to many shapes, i doubt it tho. as the underlying fabric is usually not stretchy in the slightest, not to mention, it is itchy as hell.) my thoughts are, sure you can glue some fabric to someones face, but the very nature of the structure of a person face requires that it has to be done in several pieces, so how do you cover the seams? and boy, would thee ever be a LOT of seams... granted, the scars may be able to do just that, but then agian, perhaps not.

anyway. i just learned what Alan is getting paid for his part.... £1million which equals roughly 1.5 million American dollars. none too shabby.

betablue! *faints* i cant believe it, actually took back some loathing for Alan :p so he is toned now? cool :)

there is gonna be a X-Men movie panel with Singer and several members of the cast, and superherohype.com is taking questions to be asked there http://www.superherohype.com/forums/sho ... adid=25293

if you have a question for Alan, and dont feel like registering, let me know, since i am registered there already...
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by InterNutter »

I got a question:

- Why is Nightcrawler, aka "Fuzzy Elf" NOT covered in fur? C'mon, furry people are *easy* to do. They did it in the '40s for cryin' out loud...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

????????????????????

Teen Scrawlers #1
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

Originally posted by Betablue
So, I taped Alan Cumming on "So Graham Norton" on BBC America the other night, this very *frank*, very funny half-hour talkshow thing with this guy who's got the personality of a heavily caffeinated cockatiel. (I've talked about this on other boards, so please feel free to shout, "God! SHUT UP. I've heard this already--!!" at your computer screen. 'Hem.) Alan's on there, and he's wearing a gray kilt (!!) and a black muscle shirt, and HEY! if he doesn't almost have muscles--! NOT any kind of bulk, so all you "I DON'T WANT NO BEEFY KURT!!" people can just stick yer kielbasas back in the fridge, but just enough solid meat so that he looks, well, uh, kinda nice. THERE. I SAID IT. "NICE." "KINDA." Graham, en route to talking about Naughtier Things (heh heh), got about forty words out of him about X-Men, mainly to the effect that he wishes he'd done it about fifteen years ago, when the body was more willing and all that. All in all, the most amusing chat about the cleansing of male genitalia and the superstar status of uncircumcised men in the United States that I've heard in...well, uh...ever.

Y'know...he has such a pretty voice. Man, that Scottish thing....*sigh* Think much of my initial rabid dislike of the man came from the fact that he seems almost pathologically compelled to adopt the most irritating American accent possible when making movies in the States. Ya oughtta leave the "Fargo"-style talk t' us Minnesotans, Alan, dontchyaknow. We invented it--and it even annoys US--!
LOL, he should've been in the Rosie O' Donnel show to talk about all of this stuff in the X-Men sequel. I don't mind Kurt being butched and all, but still, I like the idea of Alan having washboard abs. Whoda thunk? I mean, Alan kind of worked hard as Toby McGwire did when he made the movie, Spiderman.

Toby McGwire had to spent like almost 3 or 6 months to get the body of Spiderman, according to one of my friends say. I don't know how long it took Alan to get the body of Nightcrawler, but hey, he does have a nice bod. Oops, spoke to soon. But still...
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Rex Luscus »

I don't even think Alan HAD that much time between when he got the part and when they started filming. And considering that he had other acting gigs during that time, he probably did the best he could. :)

-Rex
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Alan has a really nice voice and I would give my left arm to have seen him in "Cabaret". He can be a cute and charming beast when he wants to be, but then I like skinny Brit guys....David Bowie, Peter Murphy....etc.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Jeez...

I go away for a week and look what happens...we get a (sorta) official pic of Movie 'Crawler...doesn't look too bad...but yeah...Alan does look mighty pissed...

Well...anyway...about the hooves...

I saw (and taped) Alan's apperance on E! and what was posted before was (naturally) cut down, and not entirely accurate...

The actual X-Men 2 talk went like this (including some gesturing that I think helps):

Jules: Well...you came down here because you've been working on X-Men 2...

Alan: Yes

Jules: And everyone's VERY excited...

Alan: Yes

Jules: Are you a baddie...or are you one of the good guys?

Alan: Well...I'm like...you know...I'm...ah...Nightcrawler...who is a mutant...he's an X-Man...he becomes and X-Man, but he starts...the movie starts off with him doing quite a bad thing...and then he kind of...um...gets better...I mean...I don't know...you're so sworn to secrecy about all of it...

Cindy: Okay...can you tell us a little of what he looks like?

Alan: Well...he looks like...it's funny...people sometimes bring to my book signings..um...they bring now Nightcrawler the comic thing and I...and he's got pointy blue (mimics the points)...he's blue (passes hands over his face)...and he's got pointy ears (mimics again)...he's got yellow eyes (wriggles his fingers over he's eyes)...he's got hooves (strokes the fingers of one hand into pairs with the other)...hooves (gestures towards feet to indicate they're the same)...a tail (makes a motion from the famous part of his anatomy)...the only thing that's different is he doesn't have the same pecs...or the...he doesn't have the washboard stomach like he has in the comic...

Cindy: Well...we know you have that...

Alan: They use my stomach for that...

Jules: Yeah...you've got a six-pack under there...we know it...

Alan: Yeah...I've got a nineteen-pack...

And my Mum recently saw the Nighty on my desktop...and she immediately described his feet as hooves...so Alan's not alon in that respect...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Garble »

After I saw the pic, I understood why Alan described them that way. His nails are so thick, they do look like pig's hooves.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

Maybe he clips them when he joins the X-Men...

Teen Scrawlers #1
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Garble »

In addition to state-of-the-art security, and mutant-training equipment, they have a great manicurist/pedicurist.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by ahmed »

:laugh:

Teen Scrawlers #1
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Hsu »

:laugh:
I can just imagine him talking like that. Bryan Singer did the same thig with the not finishing of the sentences.

Alan is so cool...
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

*ahem*

from Wizard magazine as reported on Superherohype.com
Singer also added a bit on Alan Cumming's character, Nightcrawler. "For Nightcrawler, you won't know which side he's on. He sort of gets sucked in the middle of good and bad".
not much... but.... eh. :)
Typhon24
Lubber
Lubber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Typhon24 »

That's not actually new info, they're quoting him from his Comicon presentation.
X2 - The Evolution Continues!
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

Whoa, he was at there at Comicon? I didn't know that! If Alan Cummings ever makes it to California and is at Borders, I'm gonna show him all about the X-Men since he is such a rookie at it!
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by silvermouse »

WHY ISN'T IT MAY YET?!! Or just Wensday, so I can shockk my roomie with her surprise party...*realizes she's off-topic* Anyone have ideas on when the posters will come out?
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."