Alan Cumming on The Conan O'Brian Show

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

It opened in New York and LA on Friday (28th) and'll spread over the country in January
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Okay, awesome. It got good reviews in the paper. I'm only going to movies I really want to see now...they're so frickin expensive! I can't stand it! By the time X2 comes out, tickets'll probably be like, $10.50!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Alan is gonna be on Conan tonight (Jan. 24) at 12:35 AM.....this according to TVGuide.com....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Damn! Missed it.

Okay, Comedy Central has a thing where they show Conan from the previous night. I'm not sure how it works on weekends though.

Hmm... if it was on the 24th (a friday) then I think they'll re-run it tomorrow on Comedy Central.

-comes back from research-
Yup!!
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/l ... nanobrien/
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

ALAN CUMMING TALKS X-MEN SEQUEL

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

From http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

ALAN CUMMING TALKS X-MEN SEQUEL
Alan Cumming, who plays Nightcrawler in the X-Men sequel, talked about the film for nearly six minutes on NBC's Late Night Conan O'Brien on Friday night.

Here's a rundown of highlights:

* Cumming showed how he acts when Nightcrawler teleports, sort of a holding gesture with his eyes closed and head tilted back.

"When he teleports in the comics, it goes 'Bamf!' That's what it says," Cumming explained. "So there was this thing about this 'bamf' was going to take place. And there was all these different ways I was going to do it and finally we just settled on that."

* On Nightcrawler's tail, he said: "Sometimes it would be an actual tail that was strapped on with a harness, which would like boing me in the face. Other times, it would not be there at all and the computer would do it after. And sometimes, I would do a lot of scenes with Halle Berry - she plays Storm and our stories are sort of together - and sometimes instead of my big tail I would have this little, quite large actually, black stub thing sticking out the back. I would wear this for the special effects people. But honestly, it was hilarious because it looks like a (whispering) dildo. I was backing up Halle! After three months of being blue and flying around, you want to get a laugh out of everything."

* Cumming said that his character's appearance was guarded for some time.

"I'm a new one. I wasn't in the last one," he said. "Nightcrawler's always been an X-person, but he's not been in the film before. So they're very, very secretive. I would have all this blue makeup on, and they would make me wear this sort of cloak with a hood. I looked like the Grim Reaper. I could sort of see through it, but I would have to work from my trailer to the set with this on, so in case of paparazzi in the trees, they would just see the Grim Reaper. And I used to call it my burka. Not only did I have to be in makeup in four hours, but then cover my head in public.

"But then, an official photo shoot that I did, the photo got leaked out. But I was squatting and I had a hole in my trousers for the tail to come out. You could see my underpants and then they were going to Photoshop the trousers on top of the underpants. And that photo with the underpants showing was leaked. It was on all the Internet and newspapers in Britain and everything.

"And there was a big thing on these fan sites, 'What's thing this with Nightcrawler showing his underpants? Is he gay? Is he gay?' And then they're going, 'I always thought he was gay.'

"It was just the weirdest thing. It was bad enough that even though I was wearing this burka for months and now everyone thinks that I'm going to be playing this gay super-hero with his Calvin Kleins sticking out of his costume."

* Cumming talked about some of the X2 licensing with which he's been involved.

"I'm going to be a doll, I'm very excited, an action figure," he said. "Even when I've been doing my book tour, people have been coming up with Nightcrawler things.

"But the best thing is they're doing these cards with your picture on it. Some of them have to be signed by the real person so that maybe if you buy the thing, you go, 'Hooray, I've got so-and-so..'

"So my publicist said, 'Alan, they want you sign 1,500 of these little cards.' And I was like, 'Uh-huh, me no think so.' And then they said, 'We'll pay you $1.50 a card' and I was like, 'OK!'"

:bamf:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
He is so funny!!!
I'm really looking foward to this movie!!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by KF »

I hate to say this, but $5 to none says he'll looks reeeaaaally constipated whenever he BAMF's. Hmmm...

And I can acctually picture poor Alan hobbling around in those Nightyboots with a blanket over himself, tail sticking out the back end and thwacking random set people in the face in his race to get to the set... =D *sigh* I wonder if they got him on film, and if it will be on the DVD?

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

wow. HEY IT'S NOT A DOLL< WE"VE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

:LOL: Bamfman
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

:laugh: Marco thanks for posting this, I LOVE IT! the guy is so charismatic and hylarious, i love him already :D
***"So my publicist said, 'Alan, they want you sign 1,500 of these little cards.' And I was like, 'Uh-huh, me no think so.' And then they said, 'We'll pay you $1.50 a card' and I was like, 'OK!'"***
:laugh::laugh: i would do the same!! :laugh:
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

That episode is on Comedy Central right now.
EricaLee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EricaLee »

:LOL: He was excellent on Conan O' Brian! Now I'm even more hyped up about the movie now. Alan was too funny! :D
Originally posted by KF
I hate to say this, but $5 to none says he'll looks reeeaaaally constipated whenever he BAMF's. Hmmm...
:LOL: I do admit his expression is a little funny when he BAMF's...I always wondered how it his face would look when he does it. I'm satisfied ;) !
Uncanny X-men #416
NorthStar: Didn't you used to be blue, Warren? I could have sworn you used to be blue. Or am I imagining that?
Nightcrawler: Ha! I got jealous and made him change. I was blue first, after all. :D

Homepage of Erica Lee
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Missed it again.....*sigh* :(
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alan, Happy birthday to you". Thje great blue one got a year older...Hope he had a good party. :banana::banana::banana:
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I wonder what Alan would have to say about those dancing bananas. I bet he would have something interesting to say about them, possibly involving his bum. Ahem:LOL:
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Alan is SO funny..everytime that I see him he is saying/doing something hilarious! And then there are his facial expressions....

I actually think that I would see the movie , JUST to see Alan, even if I had no clue who Nightcrawler was! he is just too funny :P

I am gasping to see the out takes!
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Interestingly...that particular Late Night was shown down here on Monday...Alan's 38th birthday! Seemed rather fitting to me...

But I was wondering...why would a line-of-sight teleporter close his eyes when he teleports? Does he have to concentrate REALLY hard?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

LOL, an outtake I really wat to see from X2 is the one (I think Halle was talking about it) where Nightcrawler and Storm and running out with Prof X or something like that and the snow was deep so Halle dropped Patrick on accident and fell and knocked Alan down too and they all did a face plant in the snow.
EricaLee
Lubber
Lubber

Post by EricaLee »

Originally posted by NandireyaBut I was wondering...why would a line-of-sight teleporter close his eyes when he teleports? Does he have to concentrate REALLY hard?
:LOL: You know, I was wondering about that too. I'm sure you are right about him concentrating really hard (for a minute or some seconds) on a spot before teleporting there. Alan also mentioned in the interview that he could have teleported Conan and himself downtown. Maybe Bryan improved his BAMFing ability?
Uncanny X-men #416
NorthStar: Didn't you used to be blue, Warren? I could have sworn you used to be blue. Or am I imagining that?
Nightcrawler: Ha! I got jealous and made him change. I was blue first, after all. :D

Homepage of Erica Lee