The Toad, The Witch and the Wardrobe

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OMG - funniest episode ever!

the entire episode was a whole lotta Nighty! (and Toad, but they are so great together) :D

SPOILERS AHEAD
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

anyway. it opens introducing Mastermind, casting illusions to hide his appearance from passers by till Magneto confronts him, telling him he has a job for him.

cut to...

Kurt talking to Amanda. she wants him to meet her parents, she wants him to go as his true self, but he wants to keep the image inducer, he also reveals it has been on the fritz lately.

cut to...

Pyro attacks a bridge while Wanda is in a cab on it, and the X-Men save her and the people on the bridge. Wanda learns Pietro is back with the Brotherhood and she goes off to find him.

Pietro is lording over the Brotherhood house like he's emperor of the world, it's really quite funny :) then Wanda comes in, demands to know where Magneto is, and Pietro says he doesn't know, bla bla, a keychain leads her to a ski resort. Toad offers to go with her.

cut to....

Kurt went to dinner at Amanda's house, it is revealed that Amanda's last name IS Sefton, and her mothers name is Margali. Kurt's image inducer was on the fritz, it kept fritzing out and he'd teleport to avoid being seen, constantly startling Amanda's parents. then Toad attacks him and they destroy Amanda's house in the ensuing fight. after the livingroom and kitchen are destroyed, Kurt is standing in the mess trying to apologize when Toad's tongue comes through the front window and snatches away Kurt's inducer, revealing his true appearance to Amanda's parents! (Kurt's expression is absolutely priceless at this point)

cut to....

Toad uses the Inducer to try and seduce Wanda at the ski resort, posing as several different men to try and impress her. she almost falls for this one, a blond guy with a reaaaaallly bad accent, can't quite tell if it was intended to be Swedish or German... again, very funny. Wanda spots a dome off in the distance and heads for it right before Toad can make his move. Wanda is captured and Toad watches and can't help.

cut to...

Kurt's bedroom. Toad hops thru the window and Kurt attacks him, saying he ruined his life by stealing his inducer, and demands toad give it back. another fight. :) Toad tells Kurt he needs his help, says he can have his inducer back after he helps him. Kurt agrees....

cut to...

Ski resort, Kurt and Toad are about to rescue Wanda, just as Mastermind begins altering Wanda's memories so she is no longer angry with Magneto. Toad and Kurt slip past the Acolytes and rescue Wanda, but Mastermind is alredy done his work by the time they get her out of there, and Mags lets them go.

back at the resort, Toad uses Kurt's inducer to give Wanda a kiss, then it fritzes out and she sees it's really Toad, and is... ah... repulsed just a tad :p Kurt tells her he DID risk his neck to save her and Wanda softens a bit and thanks Toad. it's kinda sweet, actually :)

cut to...

Kurt and Amanda at night outside somewhere. Amanda has been forbidden from seeing Kurt by her parents, but she says she will see him behind thier backs, because they just do not know what a great guy he is... awwwwwww!!! :love: tho i can see this backfiring in the future...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

I loved it!!! The most fun ep. since Shadowdance!!! Poor Kurt, though...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Poor Kurt, yes, but it's about bloody time. he needs to ditch that Inducer, he has grown too reliant on it, i hope it fritzes out for good soon....
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Not that I had it figured out before, but the whole thing with Kurt's past in this universe is really confusing me.

At first I thought the name Amanda was where the similarites would end. Then I suspected that it was true to the comics and this Amanda was a magic-induced disguise for Jimaine.

Now I just don't know. If this Kurt was raised by the same family as the comics, he'd have recognized the name Margali (she even had a sort of german accent). And they would have recognized him by name as well (even without the blue fur).

I really hope they don't take several seasons to explain this....
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by KF »

Cartoons never keep true continuity. You just have to take everything like you know nothing. *shrug*

And man, I acctually thought, "Poor Toad!" through all this... *wince* :laugh:

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Malice »

First of all, I have to agree with Bamfette that Kurt is becoming far too reliant on that inducer. I gotta admit though, that if I was blue and stuff, I would be worried what others would think of me, and I would use the inducer a lot as well.
And I felt the same way you did KF. I felt pretty bad for the Toad through this whole episode. Poor guy. I feel for ya, Toad!
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Rictor »

I still havent seen it, not till tomorrow. Hope its good :D.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

KF, I know. I was thinking it'd be toatally different. I was actually relieved/surprised when I watched the first episode and he was actually german!
What confuses me is how their mixing in so much stuff from "regular" continuity...

Over-thinking aside, I really enjoyed this episode! Of course, I would since the C.S. Lewis reference in the title.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

LOL, that was a fun episode. I feel so bad for Kurt though, now he's REALLY going to be less confidant with his appearence. That's sucks that Amanda's forbidden to see him, but at least she's going around it. I wonder what went on in the scenes we DIDN'T see....ie. Amanda having to explain what the heck happened and her parents yelling at Kurt. LOL, if I were in his place, and Toad busted into my room asking for help, I'd agree so he'd let me go, then I'd whoop his @$$ like no tomorrow!!! :mad:
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I'm guessing (Lordy only knows when I'll actually SEE this episode) that Amanda's folks were more pissed at Kurt wreaking their house than the fact that he's a blue furry demon...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Rictor
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Rictor »

Finally saw this one, great episode. Love Pyro, hes awsome.

Rictor
I like Gwen Stefani...Can u tell?
C.o.C.k # 17
! Please Check Out My Gallery !
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

'quietly steps in after her 'ahem vacation ' from the mutant life at nightscrawlers'........i loved the epsode i loved the scenes with toad and wanda but please please no more amanda plots...this is going to go the way of the comics...this blue boy needs to learn a lession and i do hope he has learened it hard....someone give the story board writers something else to think about lol i can see where this is going to be headed.......( three more years have passed and were all still here talking about kurts bio and his relaionship with the mind abusing amanda )
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkstalker »

I didn't hear some of the dialogue, because my parents decided at that moment was the perfect time to do some home improvement; but wasn't the mountain resort called Wundagore? Sorry I don't how to spell it exactly, but you know what I mean.

Good epside too, btw, though I can't wait for the upcoming episode with Rogue.
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Originally posted by NightcrawlersLove
'quietly steps in after her 'ahem vacation ' from the mutant life at nightscrawlers'........i loved the epsode i loved the scenes with toad and wanda but please please no more amanda plots...this is going to go the way of the comics...this blue boy needs to learn a lession and i do hope he has learened it hard....someone give the story board writers something else to think about lol i can see where this is going to be headed.......( three more years have passed and were all still here talking about kurts bio and his relaionship with the mind abusing amanda )

Yeah but Evo Amanda Sefton I think is going to be different that caon Amana Sefton.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, it htink the name is merely a nod to comic fans, she bears very little resemelance to comic book Amanda. her apearance is completley different, her family is different... ok, os he r mother's name is Margali, but she's not a gypsy, she has no brothers, and she has a father. and most importatly, i very very much doubt either her or Margali are magic users.
Olhado
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Olhado »

Agreed -- I think Amanda Sefton is a nod and not a crossover from her comics self -- who was, after all, blond and a . . . okay, I really didn't like Amanda Sefton in the comics.

I liked this episode very much and am eager for 'Crawler to go totally blue (although I agree with Nandireya that Amanda's parents were likely more offended by the house trashing than anything). I like the gradualness, though.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I must see this.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Saw it... was shockingly unimpressed as far as Kurt goes. I guess I've outgrown the "pathetic as appealing" thing. GROW A SPINE, KURT! PLEASE! Toad on the other hand... :love: And Wanda! I got all choked up when they kissed... *sniff*
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Man, this was one of the funniest esisodes so far. my favorite was when toad crashed through the window and trash the sefton's house. I agree with many of the ideas that kurt needs to lose the image inducer (and please no more amanda, yuck) I'm sorry but i still do not like Amanda. When i was watching this show, i think i see some of Amanda-Jimaine in Evo Amanda. The part where Kurt and Amanda are talking and Amanda's telling Kurt that her parents want to meet him and he tells her that his image inducer is acting up and she says "I want them to meet the real you" and then turns off the inducer. By doing that if there had been somone around the corner , someone could have seen that (or maybe someone did- after all that's how Amanda first learned of his mutantion) not only did Amanda put herself and Kurt at risk, but she also places her family at risk. I wonder if they are going to show the Friends of Humanity to Evo.
The comic Amanda was really good at putting Kurt's life in danger, she was not the most trustworty of girlfriends. (about not telling him that she was his sister or about the fact that mother was planning on killing him,- that was in uncanny x-men annul 4/ or when she joined Excalibur- she forgot to tell her teammates that friend Rory Campbell was going to turn into Ahab-a mutant mass murder equall to Hitler.
Amanda's mother Margali had kind of an accent, but it didnt sound german ,it sound spanish. Do you think that Evo Margali's maiden name is "Szardos"- if so
does that name sound spanish.
At the end of the show when Amanda told Kurt that she was not to see him anymore, it came as no surpise that she would not listen to them after all forbidden fruit always looks sweeter.
i have a question what do you think Amanda's dad's first name is, jimaine maybe or maybe it's stefan
Mr Jimaine Sefton
Mr Stefan Sefton
Does anyone know if the name "Stefan" and "Stephan" mean the same. I would like to see together in Evo- Wanda and Kurt, hell, Boom- Boom and Kurt anyone but Amanda.
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

This one is one of my all time favorite episodes :D

But I do have one complant, and that is why did'nt Kurt and Amanda KISS
!? In the last scene we see them I was going "kiss, kiss, come on KISS!" But they did'nt *sniff*
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

raptus
Lubber
Lubber

Post by raptus »

I'm glad they didn't. I keep yelling at Kurt 'Get away from her!" but he never listens. I'm totally agaisnt Amanda and Kurt, she only wants him because he's forbidden and unique!! If he really looked like his image inducer, she'd have no interest in him whatsoever, and would probably be after Duncan. :D Okay, now that i've ranted about that... I was so pleased when Todd and Wanda kissed!! I reallly want it to work out for them, Todd is so devoted!! He really likes her, and she's being a b**ch to him!! I'd like to see it explored in Season 4, Todd wil get her someday I know it!!! :D:D

And because I can, :sparrow
Kitty: Professort!! Kurt's, like, totally getting *fur* in the pool!
Kurt: I am not!

Kurt: Blue boy to tracker 1.. can you read me? The pigeons are leaving the roost.
Scott: Kurt I'm right here. Why are you talking like that?

Blob: What are you gonna make me do? Wear bad make-up?
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

Well I REALLY don't think the writters of Evo will ever put Kurt with Kitty or Tabitha, I was hopeing that they would kiss to prove that.

Kurt and Kitty 60% yeah theres a chance, but only a chance.

Kurt and Tabitha 20% very unlikely if you ask me

Kurt and Amanda 90% forget just becoming girl and boy friends! these two are going out, the only challenge now is having them stay together!
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

digidestined02
Lubber
Lubber

The Toad, The Which, and the Wardrobe

Post by digidestined02 »

I love that ep. Todd, and kurt are so great together, and Wanda's great too. I wish they had more eps. with the brotherhood. This has to be one of the funniest yet.:D