Pirates of the Kurtibbean?

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

A work in progress.

Pirate!Ro and Pirate!Kurt upon their first meeting. Kurt leaves his sword stuck in the deck of the ship and saunters up to kiss Ro's hand -- he knows his chest is more disarming, to some, than his weapon. Ro's rapier falls slack in her hand as she looks down on his salt-curled locks.

He kisses her palm...

(To be coloured later)
Anika Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Anika Wagner »

Ohhhhhh WOW!!...that looks super cool!...I love the detail!..and that suave look on Kurts face...*melts into a swoon*:love
*President of the Screaming Fan Girl Club*
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

Wow, this is amazing MWP! I love it. Great job. They both look so pirate-y and Kurt looks like a total swashbuckler! Keep up the awesome work! :D
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

She looks like she's going to eat him. Or burn through his head with her eyes or something. :eek
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

maybe Ro's (..i guess i gotta find a different nickname for rogue now..) mom told her to never trust a cute blue elf in pirate garb?

very nice body and clothing detail MPW,
i can never get muscles right, and you make it look so easy

Le bon travail!
("Good Work!")

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
She looks like she's going to eat him. Or burn through his head with her eyes or something. :eek
Call me King!
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

That is just priceless MWP. It also looks really awesome in silhouette (sp?) as your avatar. Can't wait to see it colored. Will you do it with that kind of plushy effect you used for the diptych (dyptich???) on your site? I really loved that.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Ooh, MWP I really love this!!!

I told my bro I'd love to see Kurt with a sword in the next X movie. He said "Get real, the're not going to give Nightcrawler a sword."
*sighs* I guess he's right, but a girl can dream.

I've seen Pirates twice and both times I thought. Gee, Kurt would love this film :sparrow :engarde

Heck, I wish he were in that film. Could you imagine Orlando Bloom with a tail. (He's already had pointed ears :LOL
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Project Autumn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Project Autumn »

:LOL I like how you kept the Alan Eyelashes. :)

Also, I really like how you made it into your Avatar, Mad With Power! The silhouette stuff is really cool. Really creative. :) I wasn't sure if that was Storm at first, what with, you know, it being a silhouette and all, but then I saw it was YOUR Avatar, and I realized I need not ask any more questions. ;)
:kiss Member # 6 of the WKNWTSMT (Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth) Club.

:crazed Member # 7 of the ILTSP (I Liked The Stripy Pants) Club.

Then, together, you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated. Author Unknown
:whistle :hang :poke
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Thanks for commenting, yo!
Originally posted by taekwondodo
Will you do it with that kind of plushy effect you used for the diptych (dyptich???) on your site? I really loved that.
I'm considering it -- I definitely want to make both a scarred and unscarred version, in deference to the original swashbuckler, but I don't know if I can bring myself to make two whole Kurt shadings. It takes time.

Hmm. The Ororo is a bit comicky too, so now I'm torn. Darn it, I'm movieverse, but comic!Kurt is a classic, yaknow?
Originally posted by Project Autumn
I like how you kept the Alan Eyelashes.
You caught me. :D I'm also giving him Captain-Jackish eye makeup, because yum.
Originally posted by Project Autumn
Also, I really like how you made it into your Avatar, Mad With Power! The silhouette stuff is really cool. I wasn't sure if that was Storm at first, what with, you know, it being a silhouette and all, but then I saw it was YOUR Avatar, and I realized I need not ask any more questions.
This is the problem with most comic women. They're just women, with different hair and sometimes (if you're lucky) slightly different features. No tails or weird feet that show up in silhouette really well. So yep, I'm relying on context!

As for the silhouette itself, when I start the colouring process, I fill the figures out in blocks of "underpainted" colour. When I looked at it them this time, I thought it looked rilly rilly rilly neat-o, what with the tail woven through her leg and all. Hence, avatar. Glad ya'll seem to like it. :kiss
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

I'm considering it -- I definitely want to make both a scarred and unscarred version, in deference to the original swashbuckler, but I don't know if I can bring myself to make two whole Kurt shadings. It takes time.
Please do! It would be great to see both versions, the dark, scarred Kurt, and the cerulean, shadowy one. :) :moviecrawler
I loveeeeeeeee this pic to death, I do. The eyelashes practically made me melt. You are so great, MWP.
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

VERY suave of you, Kurt. :LOL

I like it, and how you have it as your avatar, Mad.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Nicely done MWP. Can't wait to see what it looks like in color:)
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Very cool pic. I've seen Pirates 6 times and yeah, Kurt would look cool in here and love this movie.
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NOW IN COLOUR!

Post by Mad With Power »

Well, here's the sepia postcard version. The people in chat liked it better than the super-saturated version, so I'm sticking with this one... I don't think that scars of any kind would even show up in this style, so I'm content!

Background (in part) thanks to Pirates of the Burning Sea.
Shian
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Shian »

Storm looks taken aback, or faking disgustion to cover up how much she likes it. :love

Awesome pic though, you never fail to amaze me, you and Mealstrom are da best!!! I don't know how you two do what you do, but I wish I could do it too!!! :D :P
Go with the flow.

If you don't like the flow...
Then there's always fanfiction!

Don't make me angry :grrr. . . or I'll have to pull out my Frying Pan of Doom[!] (FPD) and whack you! :eeevil :crazed :engarde
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

Bloody brillant. You never cease to amaze me. Wonderful, wonderful job! I wish I had artistic talent. I love the eyelashes and the clothing is just great (especially the stripey pants. Nice touch). :looks hopeful: Does this mean a fic is sure to follow?
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Bamfer
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamfer »

:ooh Oh how loverly! Heh...although, Ororo's eyes DO look a bit odd..
:evokitty- "Ew! Professor! Kurt's, like, totally getting fur in the pool!"
:evokurt- "I Am not!!"

:evokurt- "No, YOU listen. There's a sound I want you to hear. And it's -" *BAMF*
My Immortal Elf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by My Immortal Elf »

Ah, another Kurt/Ororo fan! This is a very nice picture. I like how you combined comic verse with movie verse, if I'm not mistaken. I see bits and pieces of both. I love this. :D
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...like is any of this for real or not?" -Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Shian
Storm looks taken aback, or faking disgustion to cover up how much she likes it.
I'd say both, definitely. You may notice the corner of her mouth is upturned, just a tiny bit... it's subtle, but it's there.

Comic!Storm's eyebrows make every expression seem really severe, but I think that severity is very in character. I like it when she's haughty -- especially when Kurt doesn't care. :D

Originally posted by LadyBamf
Does this mean a fic is sure to follow?
:whistle
Originally posted by My Immortal Elf
Ah, another Kurt/Ororo fan! This is a very nice picture. I like how you combined comic verse with movie verse, if I'm not mistaken. I see bits and pieces of both.
Yeah, I'm a bit schizo about that. And hey, if you're into KuRoro and haven't visited T&B before, please consider yourself invited! I've collected more content than you can shake a very large stick at.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I can't believe it, it's even *better* colored than it was as a sketch. Gotta say I kinda preferred the silhouette as your avatar though.

Looks like if Kurt doesn't cut it out soon Ororo just might consider putting that sword to good use there! Talk about the godess look.

Kurt looks so nice and velvety the way you've shaded him. Makes me _almost_ want to try a foray into the world of computer art, but I don't have enough time for the things I'm doing now so I guess I should leave it to you folks with the real talent.

TKD
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

My Immortal Elf, take her word for it and she's not just braggin' on herself. If you haven't seen her site yet you simply MUST. :nodyes

Hey MWP, did I say you were not going to see another fic from me for a while because of my other project? Well guess again.

When you come back from your time off, I hope there will be one waiting, and this one is romantic and hillarious. :LOL

Oh, when are we going to see the larger version of your color avatar. I want to see the details girl!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
When you come back from your time off, I hope there will be one waiting...
Woohoo!
Originally posted by Shadow_DancerOh, when are we going to see the larger version of your color avatar. I want to see the details girl!
*points up to twice previous post with linky in it* :)
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

'Mi bad, I didn't realize there were two links in that post. :doh!

Way cool!! I much prefer the fuzzy elf to the scarified one. I think I embarassed my husband in the movie theater when I said "Hey, he's supposed to have fur." loud enough for others to hear. :oops

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Wow! how didn't i see this before?? i totally love it :love now you must write a fic about that piccie :D that would be nice.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

The colored version is even better!:) Way to go MWP!:thumbup