Tears?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Tears?

Post by idsunki »

Now, this may seem like an odd question, and to be truly honest it is. Is there any comic where we actually see Kurt cry? I know we've seen him sad, but I can't ever recall seeing tears.
This little question came to me after watching a rerun of Shadowed Past on Cartoon Network the other day. At the end of the episode after he talks to Rogue, she walks away wiping away a tear. He just stares off into the horizon looking sad, but no tears. After that, I couldn't remember a time I had seen Nightcrawler cry.

So... has he? Can he?

-idsunki, who should know better than to post at 1:54 am.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Tears?

Post by Dracadancer »

He was crying in the Nightcrawler comic prequel I remember for sure (heart wenching stuff that) and I know I've seen him cry in Excalibur and in Uncanny at points though exact issues I'm not sure about. Kurt does cry but not terribly often. It's not really in his character to do so I think. It usually happens when someone close to him gets hurt or dies. It's more in Kurt's personality to get upset about things than to cry about them but to answer your question, yes he can cry and has at some points.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by kurtlover »

I guess he cried during the phoenix saga..when Jean does her sacrifice and after when she dies..i don't remember quite sure but he cries.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

Post by Northstars Love »

Anyone that is deeply religious as Kurt has to cry. Everyone cries in fact. I'm sure he cried when they found the mutants crucified at the school UC #423. Although he was quite angry with God as well. But I also believe that he cried (as Kurtlover suggested)when Jean sacraficed herself in the Phoenix saga. Kurt is sensitive. He does cry. But it maybe alone when no one else is around.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by Siona »

I must agree with bamf!nightcrawler; Kurt is a deeply emotional person, but he wants to present himself as a strong figure and a leader of Excalibur, and tough men aren't supposed to cry.

Speaking of Uncanny X-Men #423, which students were it that were killed? I know one is Jubilee and MAN, am I pissed!! :yell

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Siona
I must agree with bamf!nightcrawler; Kurt is a deeply emotional person, but he wants to present himself as a strong figure and a leader of Excalibur, and tough men aren't supposed to cry.

Speaking of Uncanny X-Men #423, which students were it that were killed? I know one is Jubilee and MAN, am I pissed!! :yell

~Siona
oh don't worry Siona! Jubilee is still alive, the one who died was [spoiler]Angelo Espinosa.[/spoiler]
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by Siona »

Who's that?? :? Don't laugh, all I get here in Hicktown, USA is New X-Men. :bawl

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Tears?

Post by Dracadancer »

There ya go Siona. I was sorry that he died, he was cute.

[spoiler]
Name: Skin
Current Status: Deceased
Aliases: Wart, Bevatron
Nationality: Latino

First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #317
Last Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #423

Powers and Abilities:
possesses three to six feet of extra skin on all parts of his body, which responds to his thoughts so that he can bend, stretch and reshape at will

Affiliations:
Generation X
[/spoiler]

BTW as it turns out Kurt didn't cry during the Holy War arc. I checked last night. A lot of angry looks but no crying.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

Post by rockstar »

i'm surprized he didnt cry at the end of X2. i know he didnt know Jean for that long, but Nightcrawler's a very compassionate person.
come to think of it, Cyclops was the only one who cried.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Tears?

Post by BamfChyck »

I'm pretty sure he cried when Logan told all the X-men they were infected with Brood alien baby things. I can't check it right now, but i think so.
I think he cried in that unlimited story where he though Amanda had killed all the circus preformers, but maybe he just puked.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

Post by Maelstrom »

I don't think he cried when Logan told them, but he did hide his face behind his hands. Considering they didn't have much trouble showing him with tears running down his face when he was keeping Cyclops from running to save Jean (during that nasty little shuttle ride down from Stephen Lang's space station), I think they would have likely showed him with tears (along with Kitty) if he had any.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Tears?

Post by Gaz »

:cry awww poor nighty.... i don't like this thread! it's so sad!!! :cry
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Tears?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by idsunki
Is there any comic where we actually see Kurt cry?
Uncanny X-Men #100, for one, when (as Maelstrom said) the X-Men have to let Jean risk her life to save all of them, and in UXM #139 he says he's "crying like a baby" (though his face is hidden or in long shot throughout the page).

From time to time you'd see him howling inhumanly when he was unhappy - his first appearance in Giant-Size X-Men #1, or after arguing with Amanda in Uncanny X-Men #204; maybe in UXM Annual #4, where he looks like he's crying but there aren't any tears.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Tears?

Post by idsunki »

Alright, so he can cry. Didn't really think he couldn't, just noticed I had never remembered seeing him actually cry.
So once again, I am proven wrong! Woohoo! I remember the howling (especially 204, love that issue!), just don't remember any tears. I also haven't read every issue with Kurt in it (blasphemy, I know... especially considering I work at a comic shop).
So, tears. Depressing. I know - let's all go out and try to count the times Kurt's gotten drunk!

-idsunki, ready set go!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

Originally posted by rockstar
i'm surprized he didnt cry at the end of X2. i know he didnt know Jean for that long, but Nightcrawler's a very compassionate person.

In fact Nighty was choked up at the end of X-2 when I believe it was Logan that said "she's gone". I could see it in his face. I thought he was going to:cry
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Tears?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by idsunki
I also haven't read every issue with Kurt in it (blasphemy, I know... especially considering I work at a comic shop).
Flaming Carrot became a superhero after reading 5,000 comcis in one sitting, so if you plan to read everything with Kurt, be careful.

I think my brain would run out my ears if I tried to read Crystar or Micronauts, so I'll never read them all either.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
I think my brain would run out my ears if I tried to read Crystar or Micronauts, so I'll never read them all either.
Believe it or not, there was an X-man cross-over with the Micronauts, done in the mid-80s. It wasn't too bad, but it was pretty bizarre, I'll admit. :eek
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Tears?

Post by BamfChyck »

Believe it or not, there was an X-man cross-over with the Micronauts, done in the mid-80s. It wasn't too bad, but it was pretty bizarre, I'll admit. :eek [/quote]

I love that issue! I remembered reading it at the library when I was young and I recently got it on ebay. It's a lot of fun.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Tears?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Believe it or not, there was an X-man cross-over with the Micronauts, done in the mid-80s. It wasn't too bad, but it was pretty bizarre, I'll admit. :eek
Yeah, that's why I used it as an example. There was really a Crystar crossover too.

I'm also too squeamish to look at the JLX, where they mashed Kurt and the Creeper into one body as the annoying Nightcreeper. I have my pride.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by Siona »

I saw that...*shudders at the memory* It was SO sad to see Nighty degraded so harshly... :cry

~Siona

-- SheCat.
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Tears?

Post by blueberrymuffin »

He cried when all the X men "died" and they had left him at home and he was crying cuz they were dead and he was alive and he wanted to be dead too cuz they were his family. He was crying over them on the balcony when Amanda leaves him, and then cried more after she was gone.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Tears?

I'm also too squeamish to look at the JLX, where they mashed Kurt and the Creeper into one body as the annoying Nightcreeper. I have my pride.

Hate to admit it but BB is right. He looked hideous. Green is not his color. But the crossovers were interesting. Can't wait to see the Avengers and JLA next month. Or is it this month? The months seem to run together :crazed
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by Siona »

They're doing an Exiles and Avengers crossover, except the Avengers are bloodthirsty vamipires...who comes up with these things? :cracked

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Tears?

Post by Sandy »

For completeness' sake: He was also crying in Excalibur -1 when Sabu, his acrobat teacher, died...here's the proof:
:bawl

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Tears?

Post by kurtlover »

Bah! i forgot the issue but he cries in Excalibur when he sees his friend from childhood turned into a man and he introduces to himself his son.... damn i wish i could remember the issue..but i have a pic, i guess i can post it later :D

..and Nightcreeper was bad really bad..but he made me laugh hehehe i liked him despite being green.