Pirates of the Kurtibbean?

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I noticed the addition of a third toe on his feet; did Kurt even HAVE a third toe in the movie?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
prettyinblue
Lubber
Lubber

Post by prettyinblue »

Yay! I love the 'Pirates' themed art! Great portrayal, I love how you've captured the characters in their facial expressions. Hehe, priceless! I also enjoy their outfits-I liked how Kurt's clothes still look circus-y while being pirate garbs. It's excellent: as always! I'm looking forward to seeing what other great things you can come up with :D.
Huzzah for PotC!
(savvy?)
:sparrow
"We're not sheep"- Edward Scissorhands
Member #2 of the WKNWTSMT Club!
:poke :peek
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Siona
I noticed the addition of a third toe on his feet; did Kurt even HAVE a third toe in the movie?

~Siona
You never really saw his feet in the movie enough to tell...but the action figure does :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

siiiiiiigggghhhh

thats...thats just beautiful

I envy your talent MP...

as i attempt drawing more of my fave x men characters, i realize more & more how terrible I am ...I can draw cute cartoony animals just fine, but human anatomy & expression seem to be out of my reach...then seeing something like this, its disheartening...I mean of course my lack of talent, your drawing is excellant!

I even did a Storm/Kurt pic, I was gonna email it to your site, but...eh...I dunno.
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

Wow! Thats friggin awsome! Two things I like: Kurt and Pirates. And you, Mad With Power have done both. Danke
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

~Siona

IMO it was the idea of Bryan Singer or someone else in connection with the costume design department not to have the third toe. It would have been difficult for Alan to walk around Nightcrawler style(3 toes). Most the time when his feet were not being shown Alan must have been wearing regular shoes. In fact, most scenes with Alan do not show his feet except in the church above Storm and Jean or in the X-Jet with his feet up on the chair. I also noticed his feet curl slightly when he was looking down at Storm and Jean when they first entered. Other then that nothing of his feet.

But here is his tail:D

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ah, good theories. I agree with Bamf Bunny about the shoes and I did see his feet in the church scene. I believe 'scrawlers has a few photos of that scene...will go look and check back in!!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ah-HA!

image.php?iid=1296

Why the yellow toes? EW. He may have lived in an abandoned church, but that's no excuse for bady hygiene!!!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Fifteen times! LOL, Bamf Bunny! I just saw it five times. :) I'm such a slacker!

Mad, beautiful work as per usual. I really MUST see Pirates of the Caribbean! I've always enjoyed the way you bring elements of comic Kurt and Ro into your stories.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Hee, toe debates.
As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm completely schizo about my renderings of Kurt and Ro. The more I learn about their histories the more their "looks" vary in my mind.

As to movie toe, my 12" nightie figurine has a nail on the back of his (somewhat pointy) heel, but no protruding third toe. In the movie itself, he's third-toeless, and his front toes are also stuck together, making them look even more like hooves, along with the thick nails.

I cast that look aside fairly early. First, it just doesn't look as good, and second, he doesn't look as "balanced." I can understand the change as a concession to the reality of walking, but that doesn't apply to illustrations.

Hopefully inconsistencies like these don't diminish your enjoyment of my illustrations. I'm quite forward about being very mutable in my style preference, so I'm not sure what else I can say on the subject.

And anyway, if you wanted to list the inconsistencies with movieverse, you should have started with the abs. :D
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

omg i just noticed the pants!!!! i love his striped pants from the movie and i love what you've done with them for this! very clever, MWP *bows down to Mad With Power*
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
In the movie itself, he's third-toeless, and his front toes are also stuck together, making them look even more like hooves, along with the thick nails.
Alan said several times that they were hooves, as did other people. I about tore my hair out yelling, "THEY'RE FEET, FOR CRIPE'S SAKE!!!" :yell

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
In the movie itself, he's third-toeless, and his front toes are also stuck together, making them look even more like hooves, along with the thick nails.
Alan said several times that they were hooves, as did other people. I about tore my hair out yelling, "THEY'RE FEET, FOR CRIPE'S SAKE!!!" :yell

~Siona
I know, I know, but you can't blame Alan too much for that. He didn't know thing one about NC when he signed up to do the character, so to him they looked hoove-like instead of toe-like. And as for the reason the nails were yellow? Most likely because having them be blue like the rest of his skin just wouldn't photograph well, moviewise. They must have wanted to bring them out more, make them more visible. Since all his nails, toes and fingers, are the same color, I'd have to say that ain't no fungus: it's just the natural color.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kiki »

OMG, this picture makes me so happy. The stripped pants, oh man, i wish i had pants like that. and the more of your lovely work i see, the more i'm starting to come around to the whole Kurt/Ororo thing.

And as for the foot argument, i must agree with Maelstrom. making the toenails blue would have made them blend in too much with his feet. And we can't blaim Alan for not knowing much about NC, everyone's gotta start someplace. :D
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by kiki
OMG, this picture makes me so happy. the more of your lovely work i see, the more i'm starting to come around to the whole Kurt/Ororo thing.
Muahahahaha! I have to say, this isn't the first time I've been told that, but it makes me so very happy every time. Come unto me, my darling converts. We shall dwell in a white-on-blue paradise. For lo, the pairing is smoking-hot!

Also, "spandex, a privilege, not a right?" Totally hilarious.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*wonders about MWP's sanity* Ah, well, who wants to be normal anyway?!?! :toothy

~Siona

-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

oh please, siona! MAD WITH POWER IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!! *kisses Mad With Power's feet*

besides, when you come here, you gotta wonder about EVERYONE'S insanity.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

What's....San-ah-tee? Is that a German word or something? I've never heard of it! *snort*
*runs off to MWP's white on blue paradise*
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

*wonders about MWP's sanity*
Siona, you must not speak of the diva that way! We are better for having basked in her radiance.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
Siona, you must not speak of the diva that way! We are better for having basked in her radiance.
HA. My dear, you approach parody.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

MFP is like the Pied Piper of Kuroro

(along with LTAW) And you know what I'm talking about MFP!

I am a comic Kurt fan and she converted me.
(I should be finishing my Kuroro fic instead of playing around at this form.) :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

ALL HAIL MAD WITH POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE KURORO FICS KEEP US BUSY FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(ok just ignore that last sentence. i felt like making a rhyme)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Lord, you people. Questioning my sanity and then this? :D :kiss
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

lol come on! we love you! your site rocks!!!
we're just showing you how much we love you! and your site! and your pictures!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Honestly, it's incredibly sweet and I just don't know how to react. I tease because I love.

Now, hush, you crazy people. :D