Nightcrawler Origins

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Esynthia »

NC's origin story

looks cool. love the cover. comes out march 24th, 2010.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

WOOHOO!!!

Everything exciting comes out in March. Including me.

All my favorite stuff comes out just before or after my b-day. Lucky me!

I'm excited for this, can't wait to see what they do with it! This could be fantastic!

Then again, it could really stink.

I'm going to hope for fantastic!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Angelique »

You and me, both, Def. BTW, when is your birthday?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler Origins

Should I be telling that to someone I've only ever met online?

Probably not.

(it's the same day Julius Caesar died.)
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Esynthia »

i'm sure it'll rock. it's part of the "origins series" and so far all of the others have completely rocked :D i've got all but Wolverine and Jean Grey's... need to get those... hmm....

[Edited on 3/4/2010 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Garble »

Urgh. Just when I thought I'd gotten out of comic books, they do this.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Elfdame »

Haha, Ty just did a boy-squee.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Nachtkriec »

*screams lika little girl* OMG! i just completed my Nighcrawler series collections intime for the next! YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

And here's the preview, courtesy of CBR.

Thoughts? I positively adore the art. Gorgeous stuff. Hard to judge the story from the first few pages, though. Seems your standard "alack, he is mistreated for his looks" sort of thing.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ZOMFG YEUSH!
:bamf :bamf :bamf

WHO CARES! it's a focus! ON KURT!!!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Elfdame »

Thanks for the link. I expect full reviews from all the people here, spoiler alerts and whatnot. I like to see how everyone reacts to things -- same product, variety of opinions, sort of thing.

Yeah, nice muscular Kurt; I had to wipe a bit of drool off my face. And the artist had his ears kind of enlarged, not as big as in the first several issues back in the day, but enough to make him look ... different.

Just from the preview, I kinda hate to see Margali be so passive. But it's the middle of a story, so I shouldn't take that to mean she'll be a doormat all the way thru.

PS - Ty keeps doing these fanboy squeeees. Making a habit of it, methinks. ;)

[Edited on 19/3/10 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by neling4 »

Why is Margali allowing this to happen? After all, she is a witch!

I wonder how much retconning this issue will do? If it reverses that awful Draco nonsense, I won't complain.

[Edited on 19/3/10 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I bet it does, Neling. I bet you'll see a lot of retconning. I fear a retcon of anything Cockrum however....
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So cool! I'm not a big fan of the art style, but I bet it's a great story. I look forward to getting it
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Angelique »

I hope it retcons out the Kurt-Amanda romance, because it doesn't appear to downplay the creepily close familial relationship.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by love_of_bob »

Angelique wrote:I hope it retcons out the Kurt-Amanda romance, because it doesn't appear to downplay the creepily close familial relationship.
I second this. I'm more bothered by Kurt/Amanda than The Draco. It's played such a large part in his history, though, that we'll probably have to keep living with it. :(
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Nachtkriec »

i dont know what draco is but i hear its not good, anyone care to tell, i dont care about spoilers, alsoooo...COOL!! now i am excited! its tomorow! but probley cant get it yet, my comic shop doesnt stock stuff up write away, darn-it!

[Edited on 23/3/10 by Nachtkriec]
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler Origins

The Draco established that Kurt is the son of the demon Azazel rather than a nameless human and Mystique. Most fans see The Draco not only as silly (it is poorly written all around), but as a tarnish on one of the things that made Nightcrawler so great. If he's the son of a human and a mutant, then being born looking like he does is a misfortune that he overcame without bitterness, which establishes him as confident and strong. Being the son of a demon sort of takes away from that.

The above is personal interpretation and opinion, of course. I'm sure there exists someone in the world who prefers him to be part-demon.:evil

[Edited on 23/3/10 by DreadPirateBluetail]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by neling4 »

DreadPirateBluetail wrote:The Draco established that Kurt is the son of the demon Azazel rather than a nameless human and Mystique. Most fans see The Draco not only as silly (it is poorly written all around), but as a tarnish on one of the things that made Nightcrawler so great. If he's the son of a human and a mutant, then being born looking like he does is a misfortune that he overcame without bitterness, which establishes him as confident and strong. Being the son of a demon sort of takes away from that.
Excellently stated, DreadPirateBluetail! That is exactly why I despise the Draco arc. Unfortunately, whenever I try to explain why I despise it, I end up waffling about and lose my train of thought, due to my extreme annoyance. :mad

Thanks for stating my reasons so succinctly!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Angelique »

love_of_bob wrote:
Angelique wrote:I hope it retcons out the Kurt-Amanda romance, because it doesn't appear to downplay the creepily close familial relationship.
I second this. I'm more bothered by Kurt/Amanda than The Draco. It's played such a large part in his history, though, that we'll probably have to keep living with it. :(
Well, it looks like they're already making some changes. Unless Jimaine ends up becoming a bottle blonde a bit down the line, she might not even be the same person as Jimaine/Amanda (I hope IhopeIhopeIhope...).

I liked how Claremont dealt with that in X-Men Forever- established that Amanda (in that universe) was a close childhood friend, girlfriend, then ex-girlfriend, with no mention at all of her ever being his foster sister. It made that relationship much more tolerable. But since Margali refers to Kurt as Jimaine's brother in this universe, Amanda just needs to be a different person to remove the ewww factor.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler Origins

It seems almost like the whole story is just going to be one big flashback, with Margali narrating.

Which makes me wonder about how much she can confirm/deny about his origin.
~Def.
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Nachtkriec »

Angelique wrote:
love_of_bob wrote:
Well, it looks like they're already making some changes. Unless Jimaine ends up becoming a bottle blonde a bit down the line, she might not even be the same person as Jimaine/Amanda (I hope IhopeIhopeIhope...).

I liked how Claremont dealt with that in X-Men Forever- established that Amanda (in that universe) was a close childhood friend, girlfriend, then ex-girlfriend, with no mention at all of her ever being his foster sister. It made that relationship much more tolerable. But since Margali refers to Kurt as Jimaine's brother in this universe, Amanda just needs to be a different person to remove the ewww factor.
yeah, i never liked that pairing, it was okay that kurt didnt know that amanda was jimaine, but she did, so eww! i hope that pairing is not in this comic universe, alsooo! today its out! hurray!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler Origins

Post by Esynthia »

have it, read it, love it. and, i personally, love the art... :shrug
ImageImage

DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler Origins

Esynthia wrote:have it, read it, love it. and, i personally, love the art... :shrug
Yep, pretty much this. :D

It wasn't particularly groundbreaking, but it was a good streamlining of his origin with some gorgeous art. I enjoyed it immensely. Hopefully it sells well and Marvel starts recognizing his sizable fandom again.

It doesn't address his father or his relationship with Amanda.

Something cool was that it had the couple of pages from Giant-Size X-men when he first appeared...I've read the whole comic before, but I bet that someone who hasn't had the chance to would appreciate those in the back.