X3, Storm-free?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Oops, just to be clear: the Africa thing was just a random example that has become shorthand for "leaving offscreen for a specious reason." No official source has ever said that Storm is going to "go back to Africa."
My Immortal Elf
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by My Immortal Elf »

Oh, yes, I know. I was just working off that idea to help clarify my own opinions.
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...like is any of this for real or not?" -Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Discordia88
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Discordia88 »

Well, I don;t think Halle Berry's reasons to leave are just....but now is the berst time to change Storms. The earlier they find someone to replace her, the better. I PRAY THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE AN ALAN REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Tatu »

well technically Egypt is in the continent of Africa, so they could always use that as their loop hole :LOL

Originally posted by My Immortal ElfThose who don't read the comics may not know she was once a weather goddess in Egypt was it? 'Gone back to Africa' would then sound a bit racist maybe? Or just plain unbelievable?
Call me King!
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by My Immortal Elf
If Storm left, especially with the poor excuse of going to Africa (which doesn't seem in character for her with what I've read of the old comics)
In the comics, Storm grew up in Africa, and returned there for some time after losing her powers.

Storm's mother was an African princess who married an American journalist. (Like a lot of Marvel's Africa, don't worry too matching it up to real places - you'll be happier.) She was born in the U.S. but spent the early part of her life in Cairo. When she was six, her parents were killed in an air raid. She was trapped under a collapsed wall, causing the claustrophobia that so often crippled her later, but survived. Achmed El-Gibar took her into his tribe of street urchins and trained her as a thief.

When she was twelve or so, she left Cairo and spent a year walking alone across the veldt. Around this time she gained use of her weather-control powers. She was worshipped as a goddess in Kenya before Xavier persuaded her to join the X-Men and use her gifts for the benefit of the entire world.

She went back to Kenya in Uncanny X-Men 196 and 198, after spending what feels like a year's worth of issues trying to get on the cruise ship without some supervillain or other interfering. Hunt up those issues if you like Storm.

(And I should scan the panels of Kurt saying farewell to Ororo on the cruise ship and send them to Mad With Power. Kurt's even wearing a top hat and tails.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Bamph Bunny
And I should scan the panels of Kurt saying farewell to Ororo on the cruise ship and send them to Mad With Power. Kurt's even wearing a top hat and tails
Oh, please do! I've heard about that issue but I never read it or have seen any panels from it. :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
(And I should scan the panels of Kurt saying farewell to Ororo on the cruise ship and send them to Mad With Power. Kurt's even wearing a top hat and tails.)
Seconded, precious. I'd love to add them to my collection.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Even Wizard said that "Halle Berry will almost certainly not be returning as Storm", so I guess that's pretty official now. :eek

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Moongazer »

I hate that. I think it'd be twisted for Storm to be played by one actress in two movies, then another in the third movie. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather Storm just make a cameo, or have a really good reason for not being in the next movie, than another actress come in and play her. But at the same time, I really wanted Storm to be a strong character in the movies, as she is in the comic world.
Snoogans.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by InterNutter »

Frankly, I think it'd teach Halle a very important lesson if she *is* replaced without a word in X3. And that lesson is, "Never bank on your last success."

Many *professional* actors will tell you that it never pays to get uppity.

Sure, it'll be glaringly wrong for some to see someone else as Storm, but if they can replace James Bond without a wink or a nod, they can do it for Ororo Munroe.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
JSR
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by JSR »

Frankly, if Halle doesn't show for X3, I'll probably be happy. Aisha looks like she could pull it off, and look what they did with the replacement for Richard Harris in Harry Potter! :eek So, I'm not too worried about getting a new actress for the part of Storm.

Halle was a little too...calm for my tastes, even before I knew what Storm's comic character was like.

I didn't mind having Kitty and Pyro replaced; sure, both actors/actresses would have done brilliantly in their roles, but they said Kitty was too old, and Pyro was...not right.

If they replace Storm with someone decent enough for the role, I'm sure they'll do fine, and it'd definitely be better than having a "Oh, well...Storm's gone off to Africa!" scenario.

I think I'd be heartbroken if Alan decided to leave, because I've really grown quite attached to him, as an accomplished actor. He's done a wonderful job as Kurt, though unconventional, it's new and refreshing. We'll see more of his lighter side in X3. Believe me, Alan can pull off light-hearted. He was in two(?) versions of Cabaret, after all!:naughty
"It is your curse," began the old man tenderly, but Remus flinched at the word, sure of what was coming next, "to be able to see the human in everyone, even in monsters."
--“Call of the Wildâ€Â
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

What's RuPaul up to lately? He's usually blonde.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Tatu »

Actually, hes bald..... i dont think he does drag anymore..so no blonde wigs..

last few times ive seen him on TV he goes by Paul and its dressed as a man....kinda....its very bright blinding god awful colors..but its still man wear none the less :LOL
Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
What's RuPaul up to lately? He's usually blonde.
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Northstars Love »

I hope no one is suggesting RuPaul being the next Storm? :eek :shocked Please let's not make this a comedy..he..he..although I'd love to see him in a X-Men Storm costume just for fun:LOL
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Holy crap, would that ever be awesome. I think he may be a bit too "fabulous" to be Storm, though... she's never been the glitter-faux-eyelashes and platform thi-his type.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Tatu »

well....yeah....thats true...but hey!
RuPual could make a really good Dazzler!

Big blonde hair..silver body suit..roller skates...heavy eye make up..its perfect!!

wait..i like Ally...forget i said that!
Originally posted by Mad With Power
Holy crap, would that ever be awesome. I think he may be a bit too "fabulous" to be Storm, though... she's never been the glitter-faux-eyelashes and platform thi-his type.
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

RuPaul? But he makes Baby Jesus cry!! :shocked

~Siona

-- SheCat.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by InterNutter »

Originally posted by Siona
RuPaul? But he makes Baby Jesus cry!!
...so let me get this straight.

You accept and love a blue demonic guy who can come and go in a cloud of fire and brimstone... but you don't like one actor because he likes dressing up as women?

Methinks, if 'baby Jesus' is crying, it's because of the stifling amounts of intolerance in the world...

::goes back to lurking::
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Internutter, I think Sioina was kidding. (After all, there are times when RuPaul makes ME cry...:LOL)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

InterNutter...I'm nuts! No one can deny this. If you're a RuPaul fan, I apologize. :oops

~Siona

-- SheCat.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by InterNutter »

My bad. One of my buttons was pushed. I have an intense dislike of intolerance, that's all.

[rant]And besides, "making baby Jesus cry" is both the most pathetic *and* blasphemous excuse against same sex relationships and cross-gender habits that I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Jesus died when he was Thirty-three![/rant]

Okay. I'm done now ^_^ ::huggles Siona:: No bad feelings?
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

*huggles back and gives the Nutter a :sausage* No bad feelings here! :D

Never heard that about MBJC; my grandfather says it all the time when I'm at his place, and I guess I just picked it up. Really, I thought it was a weird pun, like "Jeepin' Chrysler!!" and so on. I have NO fear/hate/prejudice against homosexuality.

In fact, most girls I know are better kissers than guys. :kiss

BLAME THE GRANDPA!! :yell

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Actually, I thought the "makes baby Jesus cry" comment was a joke based off of Ned Flanders from The Simpsons. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Really? Well, that's interesting. I like the Simpsons, watched alot of episodes, but never heard that. As I explained, heard the grandpa say it countless times and just figured it meant something was particularly bad.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

In one of the episodes, Homer decides that Ned Flanders is the bestest buddy he ever done had, and Ned starts to regret being so nice to him. At one point he tells a "little white lie" to keep Homer from inviting himself over again, and his two boys catch him at it. the youngest one says "Little lies make baby jesus cry" and walks away.

So there ya are. An episode reference. It only happened once, to my knowledge.