Watch 11 Deleted Scenes from X2!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I scanned the first page and didn't see this one anywhere. If it's buried in some other topic, it deserves it's own anyway for all the people (like me) who find the topics around here tiresome after the 10th post.

I like the Pyro one!!!

Alan is in the three I watched, although I could have sworn "Nightcrawler Bamfs To Save The Students" was in the actual movie. Maybe it's a different take?

And the kid that plays Artie is a way better actor than Cumming. He's so convincing in the barf scene, and I'm still not sure what Alan was trying to express there. It wasn't disgust or amusement or any combination of the two. Didn't look like embarrassment. It looked like random facial contortions. Huh?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Thanks for the link! They're awesome! The face Nighty makes when Artie gets sick. Like "sorry" Thanks Drastic!:D
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Jess's link is now going to an error page, though said page contains a link to the clips. This link goes right to the clips:

11 deleted X2 scenes

Some of the changes are major, some are fairly subtle. I've used spoiler links for material that was revealed in the full script or the novelization but wasn't in X2 itself.

1. Deathstrike and Wolverine fight - a few extra shots; no big changes.

2. Wolverine kills an intruder - This looks exactly the same to me (and I saw the film fifteen times!)

3. Mystique goes through Stryker's files - some shots last a bit longer, but what you really want to see is the quick montage of Stryker's files on Kurt. There are several black-and-white pictures, mostly face shots (he's wearing a hood, or a hood and glasses, in some) and a closeup of his hand. And some X-Rays, which from the labels were taken in Vancouver on May 22, 1984.

4. Kurt rescues the kids - the biggest change is the first shot, in which you see Kurt and Storm open a door and come down the hall. The final cut started halfway through this shot. (Be still my beating heart.)

5. Storm and Jean on the jet - Jean tries controlling the plane telekinetically.
In the film this was reduced to the opening shot with Xavier giving Jean and Storm Kurt's coordinates.

6. Jubilee in the museum - Storm gives a little "Mutants are only people" speech to the kid with glasses. Jubilee understandably walks off and finds that the museum has added a "mutants" section to the caveman exhibit. Occurs after Artie sticks his tongue out.

7. Pyro helps start the campfire. Self-explanatory, no? Not in the film, except for the opening shot of Kurt sitting by himself at the edge of the campsite.

8. Artie gets sick after teleporting. Kurt looks self-conscious. (This seems to have been cut before any visual effects were added.) None of this was in the film.

9. Rogue tells a couple of smaller girls what to do after they escape. Not in the film.

10 & 11. The parts I was sorriest to see go (even though Kurt's not in them). [spoiler]Xavier wrestles mentally with Jason, frees himself and Scott, and escapes back to the mansion. At the end we realize that this, too, was part of Jason's illusion.[/spoiler] Too much of the last third of the film took place in that dull base; this would have added some visual variety and suspense.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
3. Mystique goes through Stryker's files - some shots last a bit longer, but what you really want to see is the quick montage of Stryker's files on Kurt. There are several black-and-white pictures, mostly face shots (he's wearing a hood, or a hood and glasses, in some) and a closeup of his hand. And some X-Rays, which from the labels were taken in Vancouver on May 22, 1984.
What I really liked about this is her reaction. Thought the 1984 date poses a question as to when the film is supposed to take place (the movie site's Cerebro says 2000 or 2001?), and how old they're trying to make Kurt/how old he was when those x-rays were taken. I haven't read the filmcomic or novel, so I don't know if it is touched upon.
6. Jubilee in the museum - Storm gives a little "Mutants are only people" speech to the kid with glasses. Jubilee understandably walks off and finds that the museum has added a "mutants" section to the caveman exhibit. Occurs after Artie sticks his tongue out.
Ok, I liked how they did this.. Jubilee is a loner and has that tendency to wander... but I hated how they made her power look. It's not her. Give me paffs!!
8. Artie gets sick after teleporting. Kurt looks self-conscious. (This seems to have been cut before any visual effects were added.) None of this was in the film.
You know, the only thing that bothers me about the extras is that not all the special effects aren't completed. It makes it less real and kicks it out of the storyline for me. And no, not a clue what emotion Alan is trying to portray there.

So, Jess, how much did you like the angsty-Pyro scene? Does anyone know if he had his lighter open, because the camera didn't show it?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

Im sure that all of them are great but the comp which i am using atm is really crap so it wont let me watch them :( :cry :bawl.

Btw bamf nightcrawler i see that you really like jean. I just wantedd to say that she is WICKED!!! :jean :love :LOL me likes :( :) that means smilies
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by sevati
Thought the 1984 date poses a question as to when the film is supposed to take place (the movie site's Cerebro says 2000 or 2001?), and how old they're trying to make Kurt/how old he was when those x-rays were taken. I haven't read the filmcomic or novel, so I don't know if it is touched upon.
I suspect it's an in-joke - a crew member's birthday or anniversary. It doesn't make much sense as part of Kurt's history.

(after Artie throws up)
And no, not a clue what emotion Alan is trying to portray there.
I read quite a bit into that brief shot - Kurt's just played hero, rescued a bunch of kids who were initially afraid of him (look at how tenderly he's holding Artie as they come in), and helped out a hot babe, and his reward is puke on his shoes. Afterwards he's looking at everything except the kids he just saved. I thought he looked terribly embarrassed and wanted to be anywhere else.

Some film theorist - can't remember who - did a study where he took a shot of an impassive actor, no expression at all, and cut it into several sequences that suggested he'd be angry, happy, sad, et cetera. Test audiences claimed to see whatever emotion was appropriate. I've seen the technique used in modern films - it can be incredibly effective to let the viewer provide the emotion rather than displaying it outright.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I saw them! It's so cool.

But at one point in the scene "Storm and Jean in the X-Jet", Storm says something quickly, and even with the volume all the way up my fired and I couldn't figure it out. Jean replies quietly as well and then yells "NOT!" Does anyone know what they are saying?
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

"Maybe it's just that Logan's back in town."
"Maybe it is. NOT!"

I'm glad they cut it. A bit too much with the sorority girliness.

As to Alan, I was sort of disappointed he didn't comfort Artie more than he did, but I can see him being embarrassed in front of Storm, and not sure what to do. So, an awkward pat on the back and anxiety.

I really liked Jubilee's electrical shocks, because I imagine they are just the musterings of her power, working up to generating the fireworks.

And Xavier's escape, which is in the novel, should absolutely have been in the movie. I would have totally bought it, and it shows how powerful an opponent Xavier is facing.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

HOLD UP!!! he did rub artie's back as he was throwing up!!! so he WAS trying to help him(just clarifying that). and as for his expression, i think i'd be feeling a little funny ifi had just saved a kid's life and his was of thanking me was to throw up.
Kurt knows it cant be helped, but he still wishes his teleporting wouldnt make people sick.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by rockstar
HOLD UP!!! he did rub artie's back as he was throwing up!!!
Yeah, but he looked as though he wished he could be anywhere else. The Nighty characterization in the film was Mr.Compassionate, so I'll be interested to hear Singer's reason for dropping the shot.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

point taken.... he does look kind of like he's rolling his eyes a bit.
still, a "thank you" would have been a lot better than vomit.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by sevati

So, Jess, how much did you like the angsty-Pyro scene? Does anyone know if he had his lighter open, because the camera didn't show it?
Way much! Mmm, fiery goodness. He probably used a spark that Bobby and Rogue got started for the campfire.
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Already been posted! :P

viewthread.php?tid=1900&page=2
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
I'll be interested to hear Singer's reason for dropping the shot.
I bet it's because the film was already so long. It was, what, two hours twenty minutes?

X2 is pretty tightly put together - too tightly at some points, I think; some scenes would have benefited from giving the audience a little more time to see the characters' reactions. Everything on screen seems to be carefully chosen to make a particular plot, charaterization, or thematic point. Much of what's been cut seems to duplicate what was already there.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
I bet it's because the film was already so long. It was, what, two hours twenty minutes?
Yeah, but that's almost a given. So they always have something supplementary to pad egos.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Hear hear! :beer

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

"Maybe it's just that Logan's back in town."
"Maybe it is. NOT!"

I'm glad they cut it. A bit too much with the sorority girliness.
Maybe there is a sorority at Xavier's. They could call themselves the Chi Chi Chi house (the Greek letter "chi" looks like an X) and have powers-allowed pillow fights.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Yay for the Jubilee Goodness!

the little electrical effect did make a bit of sense, but just for the Jubilee-ness of it,
i would have liked to see them be a bit multi colored like her "fireworks" instead of just blue (and a litte bit of green) ...

maybe in x3 i'll finally get to watch Jubes blow stuff up...i hope i hope i hope

I really liked Jubilee's electrical shocks, because I imagine they are just the musterings of her power, working up to generating the fireworks.
Call me King!
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

I thought that the protien spilling (note where I work) was fucken hillarious and i don't know why. I laughed my ass off. a wish it had went further to show more of Kurt's facial expressions. They were priceless. It's kinda like when you see prince charming kissing aladin backstage. Its funny to see him not be as serious for a momnet

I think that the mystique scene should have been left it. it was neat!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

what do yall think mystique was thinking about while she was looking at pictures of Nightcrawler?
i know brian singer said that he wasnt gonna go into the Nightcrawler/Mystique relationship, but still... it's something to ponder.
Dragonfly
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dragonfly »

On the barfing bit, he looked embaressed and a little ashamed and awkward while slightly queezy, which is alot to exspress all at once, would have liked to see that in the movie though
Nightcrawler: "If I had a normal life I'd quite cheerfully go mad and fall over right now"

Gambit: “You know it’s a bad sign when I’m the voice of reason…â€Â
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

I think Jubilee's electrical effects was just a tease of her powers. I think she was just tempted or something and then at the end she realized what she was doing especially that she's in the public that's why she stopped suddenly and we didn't see the full extent of her powers.

Either that, or the effects are not fully polished and they haven't added the sparks and other colorful effects yet since it's just the deleted scene. Just like the extended fight scene of Wolverine and Deathstrike. You could still see the wires they used in the added shots that weren't removed in post-production. Maybe in the actual DVD we could see these things the way we wanted it to be. :)
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

"As to Alan, I was sort of disappointed he didn't comfort Artie more than he did, but I can see him being embarrassed in front of Storm, and not sure what to do. So, an awkward pat on the back and anxiety.
If you think about it they were in rather a hurry, end of the world and all that, and didn't have time stop and really try an make Artie feel better. Besides, Kurt knows his teleporting makes people sick and they would get over it in time, it's not really something he can help doing so I wouldn't think he would be to terribly sorry about it.

And is it just me or does Rogue sound really bitchy when she's talking to John in the camp fire scene? I'm amazed he didn't lite her on fire.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Now, Now, we can't have Pyro lighting people on fire(well at least a singe or two would have been fine. Wait! he's done that already). Although the scene of Artie getting sick was great, I felt a holding of the noses by everyone else would have added to Nighty's embarrassment. After all, burning sulfer isn't the greatest smell in the world.:yech
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Nightcrawler_o63
Already been posted! :P

viewthread.php?tid=1900&page=2
Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
I scanned the first page and didn't see this one anywhere. If it's buried in some other topic, it deserves it's own anyway for all the people (like me) who find the topics around here tiresome after the 10th post.
:P