Cut scene Xray Discussion *spoilers*

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

Okay here goes my first real thought out post.

Couldn't attach so click here

This is from a deleted scene in the movie in which Mystique finds Stryker’s files on Kurt.

People have been wondering about the date on the X ray pic included at the bottom.

My theory. At some point (in 1984 to be x-act) Kurt must have been injured or requiring medical attention. Of couse when someone is so different they naturally document the subject.

In the clip it shows facial x rays and it appears (to me at least with my limited knowledge of the human anatomy) that he is at least 12 years old because all the teeth appear to be permanent. The photos of him look like they could have been spy footage taken because he is appearing to hide like he didn’t want to be seen when he went to the doctor’s.

So now it is imagination at work. If he was 18 when he went to the doctors then he would have been like 33 at the time of the movie which is as far as I can remember the age of Alan which would make it suitable.

Well I hope you understood this. I have figured that Movie Kurt was older anyway.

What I love the #69.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Haven't seen the deleted scenes (wow that sounds like poetry) but I'll add some wild speculation:

Doesn't he look very young in the comic prequel - like around 18 or so? What if he was first captured in 1984 when the x-rays were taken and then just used for random assignments since then. That could explain the difference in ages. I have a horrible memory - wasn't the circus in Canada when he was captured? I think the files also indicated that the x-rays were taken in Canada. Coincidence????

Hey, if you could do any more screencaps, I'd love to see them, being technologically challenged like I am.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

I haven't read the whole novelization - if Chris Claremont has written anything worse, I don't want to read that either - but in it, Kurt is already using the church as a base before he's captured. (He'd interviewed with an American circus that was apprehensive about hiring an obvious mutant, and was taking advantage of the opportunity to see America for the first time.)

It does explain why he has all his posters up - can you imagine Stryker letting him keep them in his cell? "Off you go to kill the president. Knife, check; makeup, check; circus posters, check ..."

My dull theory is that the date and location - which probably wouldn't have been visible in the theater - was an in-joke, an anniversary or birthday of someone associated with the production.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
My dull theory is that the date and location - which probably wouldn't have been visible in the theater - was an in-joke, an anniversary or birthday of someone associated with the production.

True. It flashes by a the screen so fast nobody is really going to scrutinize the date. I think it was someone's special occassion; birthday, anniversary, etc... I don't think Singer's intention was for us(everyone in general. Not just at NS) to really get into detail on the date's significance. I missed it myself by watching the deleted scene on my computer.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

All I'm getting is a sort of tag with his name and stuff on it. No X-rays... :bawl

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
JSR
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JSR »

Excuse me for being naive, but why all the fuss over the age of Kurt? Did I miss something in the comics? Of course, I've only read one or two. How old is he in them?

Can we discuss other things about the X-Rays, too? I've clarified the screencap a bit, and this is what I got:

[PATIENT: Kurt Wagner 78378df2
X-RAY: C13957 May 22/84
DOCTOR: D. Mintz 4749 ACE 69

DRS. GARCO, CHETWYND, GOUGAL SWITZER, SAL or SAUL FULTON, BENTLEY, I believe it's MURRAY. ® or ©. RADIOLOGISTS VANCOUVER B.C.]

edit: Here's another, but this time it's a different one on the lower-right side.

Hope that helps some of you. Can someone make something of that information, besides the fact they might come up in X3?

Now, if I can get my hands on some screencaps of the X-rays themselves, and the photographs, I'm sure I could figure something out.:) Who can get a clean shot of the computer shot, where you can see Mystique running through all the names?
"It is your curse," began the old man tenderly, but Remus flinched at the word, sure of what was coming next, "to be able to see the human in everyone, even in monsters."
--“Call of the Wildâ€Â