Remy not being in X2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by lonewolf »

I have heard several people complain about Remy (gambit :gambit WE LOVE YOUUUU :love) not being in X2. Thats not actually true. When mystique goes to get the files on an X-men (i forget who) she goes down the list and you see 'Remy,Gambit. Ok you don't actually see him but hey he is still technically in the movie :)
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

actually you see "LeBeau, Remy" along with a few other cameos, like Wanda & Pietro ["Maximoff (2)"]

Gambit WAS in X2, he made a Very small cameo that was cut and left on the cold and lonely cutting room floor, but it Was there,

Remy was played by James Bamford

he looks great..its to bad hes not an actor..
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

Post by Northstars Love »

Hey!...James *Bamf*ord is cute! I hope he plays Remy in the next film:D What do you think Stevie? Or who would you think would be better as Remy?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

i think James looks fan-(bleep'n)-tastic!

but again...he's NOT an actor, JUST a stunt man... so that would be a big problem..i want remy to do more than just stand there an look pretty (..not that that would be a bad thing..) ...i wanna hear that cajun accent flirting with every woman there! and some Wolvie/Gumbo ass kicking action!
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

Post by Northstars Love »

Oh...the cajun accent. To drool over huh? I hope Gambit is in the next film. I wonder if I can get an interview with Brian Singer? Kinda get some info on the next movie. Is Gambit in it or not Mr. Singer? Will Toad and Nightcrawler do battle? Sentinels Mr. Singer?....oh you prefer to be called Brian.. NO problem...I'm a writer Brian. Could I help with the script ? :D That would be so sweet!:D
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

hey man..if all these little girlies can drool over a blue elf...why cant i drool over a cajun accent & red eyes?! give me 1 good reason!
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by TATU2005
actually you see "LeBeau, Remy" along with a few other cameos, like Wanda & Pietro ["Maximoff (2)"]

Gambit WAS in X2, he made a Very small cameo that was cut and left on the cold and lonely cutting room floor, but it Was there...
I find this rather hard to believe, mostly because if he had made an appearance in a cut scene, that scene would have made it onto at least the DVD.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Remy not being in X2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WHo said it hasn't. The DVD isn't out yet remember? LOL! IT's not out til like May I think right?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

Actually...November 25th!!! :party :party :party

~Siona

-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

Post by rockstar »

point taken.

well, when and if he is in the third movie, i'm praying he get's the accent right. i've seen too many movies where they screw up a cajun accent. and you know what? IT PISSES ME OFF!!!
i hope the actor who plays remy (be it this guy or someone else) gets the accent right
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Bamf Bunny »

The novelization showed Remy manifesting his powers as a result of the Cerebro attack on mutants. (Personally I'm glad this didn't make the final cut; I think it confuses the story and leaves a lot of pointless loose ends.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

The list of mutants attacked (other than the BoM and X-Men are...
  • Beast
  • "Elisabeth Braddock"
  • "Alicia Vargas" (I'm assuming this is a fiction, X2-novel only character...)
  • Siryn & Kitty
~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

Siona, Look on the website link on my first post.....its even on his resume

and from 411 mania it was also posted on comics2film.com
Originally posted by Siona
I find this rather hard to believe, mostly because if he had made an appearance in a cut scene, that scene would have made it onto at least the DVD.

~Siona
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

Are there pictures anywhere on the net? I wanna see this guy, you've all got me interested now and I don't even like Gambit all that much!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

..dont..like...? ok...

yes...click the fist link on my first post...its his official site, it has his headshot ;)
he looks great (except the hair is too short..) its really too bad hes not an actor..so i doubt we will ever see him PLAYING gambit.. :cry
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by TATU2005
..dont..like...? ok...

yes...click the fist link on my first post...its his official site, it has his headshot ;)
he looks great (except the hair is too short..) its really too bad hes not an actor..so i doubt we will ever see him PLAYING gambit.. :cry
*stare* Deeeeeeep breath now!! *cowers* I don't hate the guy, but I don't exactly love him either. He's just a character for me that's entertaining, but not in the way NC is. :love

Yeah...hm. I can't see him being Gambit...who do you think should play Gambit, y'all?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Bamf_Girl »

I dunno who actually, but I saw someones fansite and they listed an actor from Boy meets world I think to play the part of Remy... But Toad! Yes! *Huggles her Toad plushie and whispers sweet nothings into it's ear*
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

The guy who played Shawn? Hm...

Or maybe Shawn's older brother? Maybe...

*huggles her own Xorn doll*

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

shawns older brother was played by (thank you IMDB.com!) Matthew Lawrence...a lawrence brother...as Gambit?! Hell no!

*cuddles Remy plushie and mutters about bad bad lawrence brothers*

even look wise, hes not rough enough

remember remy is a pretty boy..but hes a little more rough around the edges..and as chuck calls him "a dark angel"...i dont see Matt pulling that off

..picky..picky..picky
Originally posted by Siona
The guy who played Shawn? Hm...

Or maybe Shawn's older brother? Maybe...

*huggles her own Xorn doll*

~Siona
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

EEK!! *runs off into woods, hides in big tree with bats* :stunned

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

*glares at sonia* girlie, bats used to live in my house..dont think i wont come in there! :LOL
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

*swats away TATU with PFOD* Back, back I say!!! *swat swat*

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Remy not being in X2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

NOVEMBER! Singer lied. Hmm...cool. Wait whats out in may then...probably Hulk.

You know who I see as a good Gambit. No one. So far that is. No one.
I know I sound radical for this but you know Leo COULD pull it off. HE has some unique acting talents. Check out gangs of new york, then catch me if you can, then watch Romeo and juliet and while your at it rent TMNT II for the hell of it. Point is, he plays different characters in each film and pulls if off beautifully. Just cuz you didn't like Titanic or Growing Pains doesn't mean you won't like him. He could if he darkened the hair, pull it off, but the question is will he want to. I"m willing to bet...no.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Just my little opinion... I hate Leo!!!! Bleh! I've never liked any of his actiing, though there are some movies of his I like... okay so maybe one... and even it stands on the edge of a knife (lol watched LotR again today) cause of him... Ever since he turned down the role of Anikan in Star Wars 2, Death to him! Death!.... *Waves fingers*.... Death!.... *Coughs*.... o.O
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Dracadancer »

Give Leo the right role and he can do alright, but I don't think even he could have saved SW ep2. Can't really see Leo in the role of Gambit though.
My Gambit would be Jim Caviezel (If you don't know who that is it's the guy that played Edmond Dantes aka. The Count of Monte Cristo). LOVE that guy! He's just all that and a bag of chips. I think he's got the Gambit look and I don't care what accent it's in he can just talk to me ALL day long....;)
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld