Ascension: Part 2, aired 10/25/03 **SPOILERS**

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

I feel weird now.
[spoiler]Think about it. We've watched all the X-Kids grow up. And now they ARE grown up. It feels funny to see them go from immature teenagers goofing off to serious young adults trying to save the world. Then at the very end, we see them grown up. I think I'm going to cry.[/spoiler]

I really will cry if there is no 5th season.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Jaeger
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jaeger »

Man I'm slow. Was sitting there trying to figure out [spoiler]who that brown-haired woman was in that "future" sequence--the one with Rogue, Kitty, Scott, Kurt, etc. I was thinking it was Amara, but only NOW I noticed her claws. So it seems X23 also joins up with the X-men in the future...cool. [/spoiler]:)

And sorry if someone already mentioned this...
StarDuzt
Lubber
Lubber

Post by StarDuzt »

Personally, this was the saddest episode so far :(
[spoiler]The 1st image that really got me was where Magneto was out of Apocalypse's power and he woke up with Wanda and Quicksilver holding him up.. that was awesome. The writers did a really good job of doing the futuristic thing. Did anyone else think Lance and Quicksilver looked really hot in the future? lol. I hope the writers do a 5th season. It was cool to watch some of the xmen first join the Xavier Institute, go through basic teenage drama but then wind up as mature heroes of the world. [/spoiler]
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
cant really add anything that hasnt already been mentioned.

[spoiler]What I dont get though: so the Brotherhood joined Sheild, so they didnt really become bad guys, they just do undercover work for sheild right? I guess so cuz if Mags became an X-man teaching the kids then the B-Hood ended up leaderless(guess Mystique was burned out).

oh & the Pheonix thing was cool, but it was kinda sad, i mean to think of what happens to sweet goody Jean. :( [/spoiler]

now Im hoping for a Gen-X oriented spinoff series...
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Here's my question, does anyone else think that it might be a good idea to break the kids up into some definite teams now? I mean ever since the new recruits showed up they've mostly been cameo shots and a lot of them had never even fought until this episode. This way you could give indivual teams episodes and still have the potencial to have everyone work together if they need to. There's more than enough students running around now that they could do it and most of the new recruits hang around together anyway. If they officially teamed up people there would be a greater chance of some off shot series like a Generation X or New Mutants show.

Here would be my chosen teams if they went that way:

team 1: Cyclops, Jean (if she survives long enough), Beast, Iceman, Havok, Angel, Rogue, Gambit

team 2: Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Spyke

team 3: Magma, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Multiple, Berserker, Dani Moonstar, X23, Jubilee, Boom Boom

Though in all likelyhood Spyke will probably just go back to the Morlocks and I doubt Angel or Havok would ever officially join the team either.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ziox »

Originally posted by Nightchamber
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
cant really add anything that hasnt already been mentioned.

[spoiler]What I dont get though: so the Brotherhood joined Sheild, so they didnt really become bad guys, they just do undercover work for sheild right? I guess so cuz if Mags became an X-man teaching the kids then the B-Hood ended up leaderless(guess Mystique was burned out).

oh & the Pheonix thing was cool, but it was kinda sad, i mean to think of what happens to sweet goody Jean. :( [/spoiler]

now Im hoping for a Gen-X oriented spinoff series...

That would be cool to see somethink like
that to happen to the show.

And Rochstar is right I also did feel weird seeing them like that.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Whoa! I Just caught something!

Did anyone else notice that in the fast forward [spoiler] Rogue wasn't wearing gloves? [/spoiler]
Shadowkitten87
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shadowkitten87 »

Before it was mentioned that Rogue had better control fo other peoples powers than they do? Its been mentioned in The Legacy Trilogy that when she has someone else's powers, they feel as they were her own, she was completely comfortable and could contorl them quite naturally. That's why it tears her up that she can't control her own power of touch.

For the whole, nto wearing gloves thing...*runs off to check*
Master and Trainer of the....

1/2 of the sexiest being ever...SASHIRE!!!
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Sorry to get a bit off topic but if Rogue can feel so comfortable with some else's power. Then why can't the mutant who actually has the power control it as well as her? About the no gloves thing. I think she kept them off when she took Leech's powers.
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

uuuhhmmm...they're talking about the flash-forward-no-glove thing. :)
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

[spoiler]i dont think the Brotherhood will join SHIELD- because Xavier said something like "some people NEVER change"-so i think maybe they were attacking SHIELD-are it could be EVO Freedom Force[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I loved the ending where they showed the future- i was so excited when they showed Jean being Phoenix- & they showed the Ulimate x costumes-& the brohood- i thought Wanda looked great(& Lance) but i thought Blob & Toad looked creepy[/spoiler]
i really, really,REALLY hope there will be a 5th season
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

How many people were going, well Nightcrawler's going to be out of it as soon as Logan sent him through the door to Apoc? Um, usual.
Although when they showed him on the ground, I was like, alright just release everyone at Nightscrawlers and you've got Apoc taken care of.
Another thing, at the very end of the episode they really didn't have the time for Mystique, Rogue and Kurt to have a family moment. Besides, I think he said it more because he was trying to take care of Rogue, and because he was mad at her for not even saying that she was alive. It's gotta be a blow to see someone "die" and then have her come back. Though, I do think for once she was being honest. Still, cry wolf to often, like Mystique does, and you'll reap it when the truth comes out.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

The "Some People Never Change" Part could just be that, despite their age, they still looked and acted like they did as teens. Remember, the brotherhood has been more mischevious than evil in this series. I think he was refering to how Toad was still filthy, Pyro still psychotice, Quicksilver still full of himself, etc.........................
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

Yeah, that's what I think too. At least I hope that's what he means. :D... and yeah, Lance looked hot! :love..and Wanda, so gorgeous!!!:naughty

How many of you thought like:

Nightcrawler got to walk away holding Rogue...

Magneto got to walk off holding his children...

Professor got Jean...

Everyone go to go off into the sunset with someone nice...

and then you see Blob carrying Angel...that guy just can't catch a break.

And I was like,

"wow Boom Boom leaves with Colossus, Kitty leaves with Lance...."

"....and the Blob found an Angel"
Shadowkitten87
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shadowkitten87 »

LOL! For the Rogue thing, she can't explain it, it's just as if she can control the powers she absorbs as if she's had all training, and reached the full potential to use them.
Master and Trainer of the....

1/2 of the sexiest being ever...SASHIRE!!!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i have a question:

WHERE IS SABERTOOTH?

he wasn't in the episode at all and he wasn't in the flashforward thing. last i remember, he was "playing with a big ball of yarn, somewhere."
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Okay... my reaction.... AAAHHHH!!!!!! The flashforward of Toad! *Melts into happy fangirl puddle* That was even better then the fight.... I know one can't jam a really big fight scene into a twenty minute cartoon but dang! They did one freakin' awesome job! *Sigh* Toad.... *Giggles*
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

And now, for my take on the whole thing:

[spoiler] Why didn't they just use leech in the first place?

Two words: tactical misdirection. If you attack on one front, the defender can devote everything he has, including his biggest guns. If you attack on four fronts, not only does he have to divide his forces four ways, but there's a 3 out of 4 chance that you won't have to face his best. He's assigning his pieces blind.

The X-men attacked in four spots, forcing Poccy to divide attention and power. The Sentinels went after his world-wide grid, forcing him to divert even more. While he's focusing on too much stuff, they can slip in with the one weapon the know will work, if only he's caught off-guard. Hate to say it, but literally everyone but Rogue and Leech were all sacrificial pieces in this. Welcome to war.

What's with Rogue and Kurt being mean to mommy?

Take a closer look at the conversation.

First of all, the first words out of Mystique's mouth weren't "forgive me" or "how can I make this up to you". No, it's "Everything I did, I did for you!" No contrition, no sorrow, no sense of responsibility. And, with those words, not only does she defend her actions, but she blames her kids for them! Gee, thanks mom. You were ready to kill off the world in our name? Wow, what a gift. Thank you ever so much. If I'd been in their shoes, I would have ripped her a new asshole, too. How DARE she try that garbage with the only two people in the world who actually cared for her? How DARE she try to guilt them into feeling sorry for her?

Second, check out her reaction. When Kurt snaps at her (Kurt, the only person she could still manipulate, due to his soft heart), she's pissed. Not hurt, not sorry, not in tears over being rejected after trying to hand out an olive branch. She's ANGRY. You know why? Because she's not sad, she's not hurt, and she wasn't extending the olive branch. She was trying to get them back on her side, and it didn't work. She was pissed that her bargaining chip was gone.

I can believe that Mystique loves them on some level, but it's so twisted up that she's incapable of expressing love without control, manipulation, and domination. The only shred of sorrow she ever showed was in the first season in Shadowed Past, when she tried to make contact with Kurt and tell him she was his mother. But after she went through Magneto's little "evolving machine" in Cauldron... Well, remember what it did to Alex and Scott? Even Mags said it removed all those pesky emotions that got in the way of "the truth". Alex and Scott were good, decent people, and they could fight through the control, but Mystique had no reason to do so. She was manipulative and nasty before she went in, and she stayed that way when she got out. The only difference was that the one thing she had left for Kurt (which Mags didn't approve of anyways: remember it was his decision to break up Kurt and Mystique's little soiree) was gone or buried so far it didn't matter. And what she felt for Rogue was the same way.

It must have been quite liberating for her. Guilt can be such a pain, sometimes.

An abusive father may (on some level) love the kid he's beating to a pulp, but that doesn't excuse his actions, and that doesn't mean the kid should be forced to stay with him for the rest of his (likely very short) life. If Mystique loves her kids, my reaction by this point is "so?" If you can't show your love in a loving, non-selfish way, it doesn't really matter, now, does it?[/spoiler]
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I'm curious about something though: [spoiler]How could Rogue even use her power? Does Leech not affect her somehow? [/spoiler]

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

wow! I finaly saw it! :eek
but I have 3 questions:
[spoiler]1) Where is gone Poccy? Lost in time or something?
2) What does the prof says when jean morphes into Phoenix? Jean's scream covers what he says :D
3) In the future sequence, what are all those robots? upgraded sentinels?[/spoiler]

Pretty cool episode... I hope there'll be a 5th season!!!
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Siona
I'm curious about something though: [spoiler]How could Rogue even use her power? Does Leech not affect her somehow? [/spoiler]

~Siona
The answer is simple- THIS IS NOT 616 LEECH

Many things were changed about thses characters for EVO. Wanda can now manipulate other mutant's powers. Leech can now short out electrical systems. Amanda is not Kurt's sister. Juggernaut's powers stem from a ltent mutant gene that he activated with mysticism. Avalanche and Toad have entriely new identities.

This isn't a "Copy and Paste" series like the Fox cartoon. Stuff was changed, if the writes thought it helped with the stories they were telling. In EVO, Leech can turn his powers on or of as he sees fit.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

well, im gonna wait for this episode in canada. man ive missed so much, oh well, it makes sense. what season is BLIND ALLEY in? thgats the season YTV is on in canada
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by firecrawler »

"Blind Alley" is on Season 3. That's a pretty cool episode too. Though I hope you could watch all of Season 4 real quick. :)
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

Nobody can answer to my questions?
Pleaaaaaase ;)
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Yann Solo
wow! I finaly saw it! :eek
but I have 3 questions:
[spoiler]1) Where is Poccy? Lost in time or something?
I don't think we're meant to know. He's gone. Likely back in time or somthing.
2) What does the prof says when jean morphes into Phoenix? Jean's scream covers what he says :D
I couldn't hear it, myself. I've seen the thing a couple of times (taped it), and I couldn't make anything else.
3) In the future sequence, what are all those robots? upgraded sentinels?
Those are upgraded sentinels to be sure, and the guy in the middle looks an awful lot like Nimrod, the ultimate upgraded and sentient Sentinel from a couple hundred years upline. Kind of like the terminator.
[/spoiler]
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil