NYX

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
spidergirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

NYX

Post by spidergirl »

It's a new series that has X23 in the third issue, and it comes out around October 10th. Anyone know more?
:bunny:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunny :bunny

Nie Mond ein Werwolf.

Weiser Mann nie Spiel Bockspringen mit Einhorn.

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#34)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NYX

Post by MabusRex »

"X23's" involvement in the series is just a rumor at this point. All we know is that someone related to an one of the main X-Men (one that appeared in the movie) is appearing in the series. X23 is just speculation right now.

As to more on the series, it's being written by Joe Quesada with art by Josh Middleton. It involves young mutants living in New York City in poverty or runaways and such. A very "street" view of the X-Men concept.

Preview pages have been posted on the net.
http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread. ... eadid=5673

And a full interview with Quesada can be found here: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/n ... 897299.htm
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NYX

Post by Melylott »

I can't wait to find out what their powers are. Kiden seems cool. ^^ I personally think the relative will be Gailyn or Joey Grey, Jean's neice and nephew.
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

NYX

Post by Snicket »

I'm very much looking forward to this title. :D What I've seen of the art so far, I've really loved, and I think the concept has a lot of potential.

Speaking of comics, I should make another run. Seeya!
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

NYX

Post by Siona »

I like the fact that it's been described that it will not involve the X-Men, Brotherhood, or anything remotely superhero; it's just about these kids trying to make it in the Apple.

I'm waiting for it...won't get it, most likely...but waiting nonetheless. :D

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NYX

Post by Melylott »

Has anyone read it who can tell me what Kiden's power is?
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

NYX

Post by Siona »

The new Wizard issue did an interview with its creator...I read it, but I'm too broke saving up for the DVD and VHS of X2, otherwise I'd post it up here.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Icey
Lubber
Lubber

NYX

Post by Icey »

Originally posted by Melylott
Has anyone read it who can tell me what Kiden's power is?
She can freeze time (At least thats what it appears to be) it first activates at the end of the issue... but something weird happens when she touches someone while time is frozen.
~ THIS is a KNIFE, the focused totality of my telepathic abilies, and it'll cut alot deeper than your BANANA! ~ :bets Psylocke (Excalibur#56)
~ Now, I like tall, dark strangers as much as the next girl *SMASH* but when an unexpected gentleman caller gets a little too fresh with me, I'm not afraid to remind him of his poor, inexcusable manners, KIIYAHH!, with a swift kick to the more sensitive parts of his person! ~ :bets Psylocke (Crimson Dawn #2)
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

NYX

Post by Snicket »

Her power reminds me of Lacuna (from X-Statix) with a twist.

And am I the only one who's in love with this artist? The minimalist, realistic style is a breath of fresh air. I just wanna lick the pages, I love it so much.

To think I was sitting right next to this guy in Artist's Alley at Wizard World. I wish I'd bought something from him, or at least said hi. Argh! :mad
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

NYX

Post by Siona »

I'd advise you NOT to lick the pages; that could decrease value. ;)

Hey, at least you got somewhere near him! That way, if you ever see him again, you'll be able to recognize him and ask him THEN! :D

I never got any issues ((how many are out so far? Three?)) but I saw previews for the first and I looooooooooooooooved it!! :love I gotta find out who did that.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

NYX

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Snicket
And am I the only one who's in love with this artist? The minimalist, realistic style is a breath of fresh air. I just wanna lick the pages, I love it so much.
I adore the pastel-ish colorings. Muted, realistic graphics rank SO damn high with me. I almost picked the first Nyx up (to Siona, I'm only aware of the 1st issue being out), but I decided I should save my money since I thought I would be foodshopping while I was out. I didn't.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Phoebe Mittens
Lubber
Lubber

NYX

Post by Phoebe Mittens »

damn, you could've had my copy - I took it back to the shop today. Really, REALLY lovely pictures, but

a. Kids annoy me
b. Kids on drugs annoy me
c. Over-sexualised kids annoy me
d. Frankly, kids who are rude to their parents annoy me. It's a particularly crap "depth-of-character" substitute.

I just found it rather dull, m'fraid.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NYX

Post by Dracadancer »

After hearing the good and bad about this issue for the last week or so I decided to pick it up and form my own notions about it. I more or less came to the same conclusion as Phoebe though. Though I like the feel of "realism" this title has, it actually reminds me a lot of a movie, it really breaks down to how much I want to read about messed up inner-city adolescent mutants, which really isn't much. I still question why everything seems to need to take place in New York, like there aren't mutants in other cities or rural areas of the world? Middlton's art is kinda touchy for me, not a huge fan of the pastels and the thin line drawings make me feel like I'm watching an anime like Serial Experiments Lain or something instead of reading a comic book. Kiden power is kinda neat and I am curious to see how it works exactly.

I think I may read the next few issues just to see if X23 shows up cause I'd like to see how they handle her, if it is her they're going to use as the “relative of an X-man” that's suppose to show up in issue #3, but beyond that I'll have to wait and see. For me New Mutants is a much more enjoyable read about teen mutants but I'll wait and give this the old 3 issue try before I pass final judgment on the NYX series.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

NYX

Post by Tatu »

i was finally able to get a copy of it today (last copy too) and i gotta say im all for it, and ive absolutely fell in love with it...its great seeing a different angle to the mutant universe..and i really like Kiden and im interested to see more of her powers
Call me King!
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NYX

Post by Dracadancer »

Well.... Did anybody else happen to pick up issue two yesterday? What the first issue didn't do for me the second one did actually. I'm actually really starting to enjoy this series. If it keeps getting better each issue I'll continue buying it for sure. Even Kiden and Middleton's art is starting to grow on me some, and considering I didn't really like either all that much first issue that's saying something. The pacing was a little odd it seemed like cause it took me a min or so to figure out who[spoiler] the teacher was in that scene with her and her husband[/spoiler], then the whole[spoiler] "six months later"[/spoiler] thing at the end was rather sudden, but besides that no complaints really. I can't help but think this series is going to make a really good TPB read since it's looking like the issues will go together well as a stright though read and it might even bring in some of those new fans Marvel is shooting for. I'm curious to see who this mystery relation is now and to find out what Kiden been doing for the last six months on the street. Overall I'd say really good issue though. Sad to say some times it's nice to read something as depressing as NYX cause it makes me see just what a nice cushy life I lead. I'm a terrible person like that. :(
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Lorna_Dane
Lubber
Lubber

NYX

Post by Lorna_Dane »

Bought but haven't read # 2 yet. # 1 had the same effect on me as Phoebe. Maybe I'm getting old. Love the art, but I am wondering why Josh isn't just doing the interiors for New Mutants.

Olny skimmed through # 2, but the plot does seem to get more interesting, I just won't be able to bear too many issues of of really disrespectful, punk-ass kids.

Damn I am turning into my Grandpa
:lorna :northie :havok :bubbles :icey :dazzler

What a fun team!

:respectjugg