Why Kurrty???

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
goddess123452003
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by goddess123452003 »

ImageI am not a fan of Kurrty(big fan of Kurmanda)anyways. I was just wondering why so many people feel kitty and kurt should have a romantic relationship..when she obviously has feelings for Lance(romantically) and only friendly feelings for Kurt?:? Someone please explain to me..why you feel that Kurt and Kitty are compatible? who knows maybe I'll become a kurt/kitty fan(although I don't think that will be anytime soon:) but who knows.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Why Kurrty???

Post by SheCat »

I guess everyone has different opinions on characters and their relationships. My friend Jen hates RoGambit, while I practically worship it. I have an aversion to Kuroro (but write it anyways :rolleyes) but my carpool-mate David says it's the coolest pairing he's ever seen.
I personally don't like Kurtty, mainly because I think Kitty's a little prissy wench (no offense to Kitty fans, my personal opinion).
I like Kurmanda too. :smirk
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
goddess123452003
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Your right:), i never really saw it that way! BTW-I'm also a RoGambit fan, and any pairing with storm(thats my girl) has my vote(anyone except scott). And we see eye to eye one kitty(no offense to Kitty lovers). *cheers*More Kurmanda!!! hehe..thanks for replying...oh and I give your carpool mate david a ten :)
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by Ladyhawke »

I'm not very big on Kurt/Kitty either. Actually I don't really like any of them, though I do like reading them. My least disliked is Kurt/Ororo though I think Logan/Ororo would be better. I generally dislike over done ones Scott/Jean and Rogue/Gambit included. Hmm, Scott/Rogue is good. Don't know enough about other's to make a guess.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Post by Kazifasari »

I'm a Kurtmanda fan too :D

I think the reason people adore Kurtty so much is because of the fact that Kurt had a huge crush on Kitty in the begining, and he flirted alot with her, but thats before he met Amanda. They also seem to be best friends, although at first Kitty was scared of him, and for a while was just annoyed by him. I guess people see it as a "When Harry met Sally" kind of relationship.

And aslo is it just me or is there a pattern when comes to these Kurt romance fics?

Heres what I mean. Heres the plots of Kurt in Love storys in a nutshell.

Kurt/Kitty 90% of the time

Kurt loves Kitty,

but she doesn't seem to love him back

Kurt risk his own life to save her

Kitty: Kurt... I...I Love you!

Me * from the point of you of Kurt*: Why? cause I saved your sorry a**?

Kurt/Amanda 70%

Amanda: You know Kurt I never really liked you

Kurt: What do you mean?

Amanda: well I thought you were interesting at first, but I've found some one better.

She leaves a broken hearted Elf

Kurt: *sigh* well... theres alwasy Kitty or Tabitha

Kurt/OC 90%

I new student who looks like a female Nightcrawler or close to it comes to the insitute.

Amanda doesn't exsit and Kitty's with Lance

Kurt: WOW! She looks like me! I LOVE HER!

See what I mean? :smirk

as for Kurt and Tabitha I've never really read one of those fics, the pairing just doesn't interest me at all.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Post by sevati »

Personally, I support a Kurt/Kitty relationship in all forms (comic, cartoon, movie, etc) over a Kurt/Amanda relationship. Why? Because Amanda's his freaking sister in the comics. It's creepy and ... creepy.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i dont have a problem with a Kurt/Kitty relationship-
Kitty & Kurt are two of my fave characters- & i like both their comic & evo selfs.
i think they would be cute together they've been friends & teammates since forever, but they seem very close kindof like bro-sis (& that would be like the comic Amanda thing) but i could go either way.
i have NEVER been a fan of Amanda Sefton's (comic/evo form) so i dont like the pairing
one pairing that i've seen in evo that i think is intersting is Tabitha/Kurt (i know alot of people dont like her- but i do-) i think the biggest complant against Tabby was that she got Kurt in trouble.
I also like Rogue/Gambit but i'm not sure about Kurt/Storm- i not the biggest storm(movie) fan
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Why Kurrty???

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

*Nacht pokes her head in to represent the Kurt/Wanda fans out there...as few and far between as we may be...

I will just about read ANYTHING with that pairing, although Nandi's the best writer for it. As for the others, I really dislike the Kurttys....but I'll read em if they're interesting and well written. And they gotta have a killer plot. I pretty much shy away from all Kurt/OC pairings (with one exception ;) )......Kurt/Amanda (only evo-verse....comic...*shudder*) and Kurt/Ororo I'll read....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Why Kurrty???

Post by rockstar »

I think people pair Kurt with Kitty because some episodes of Evolution suggest it. In the beginning of Evolution, he was trying to impress her a lot. And quite a few episodes involve the two of them together:
The Rogue Recruit (BIG TIME), a brief scene in Mutant Crush, a Grim Reminder, On Angel's Wings, Cruise Control, Ghost of a Chance, etc.
Kurt probably had a little crush on Kitty in the beginning. After a little while, it grew into a friendship.

However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the couples.
Personal opinion: Kitty belongs with Lance, Kurt belongs with Wanda, Rogue belongs with Gambit, and they all belong to me!!!!!! (Holy crap, I said that outloud.)
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Why Kurrty???

Post by SheCat »

No, mon amie, Remy is all mine...
I like Kurt/Tabby and Kurt/Wanda a lot. I find that Tabitha haters tend to dislike her because they think that she uses her screwed up childhood as an excuse for her mischief, but that's precisely why I like her.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Why Kurrty???

Post by taekwondodo »

I'll read pretty much Kurt/anyone (other than OCs) so long as it's well written - or, for that matter, Kurt/no one, so long as it's Kurt. I like Kurt/Tabby a lot, just because it's unusual. Kurwanda is good too. I despise Kurmanda - in the comics for obvious reasons and in evo just because I think she comes off kind of like a creepy stalker type. She seems to be interested in him more *because* he's a mutant than anything.

I actually don't tend to like Kurtty very much, which is kind of weird since I'm writing one, but it's partly b/c of the totally cliche approach that most writers take. I'm sick of reading how Kurt falls instantly and hopelessly in love with the perfect and angelic Kitty and strives ceaselessly to get her to notice his pathetic self. Newsflash, Kitty's *not* that great, and I can't picture Kurt being so desperate or delusional as to think she is. I could see it more as a friendship that built into love somewhere down the line. All the early 'flirting' seemed to me more like him trying to get her comfortable with him. I mean, they do have to live and work together, so it kind of helps if she doesn't freak out every time she sees him.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
*Nacht pokes her head in to represent the Kurt/Wanda fans out there...as few and far between as we may be...

I will just about read ANYTHING with that pairing, although Nandi's the best writer for it. As for the others, I really dislike the Kurttys....but I'll read em if they're interesting and well written. And they gotta have a killer plot.

:surprise - how could i forget the Kurt/Wanda pairing :doh! i LOVE Kurt & Wanda- i'm a huge fan of their daughter :nocturne -
:wan-kurt
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
LittleBlueGirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Why Kurrty???

Post by LittleBlueGirl »

I dont think that Kitty and Kurt should have a romantic relationship!! I think they're friendship is more of a brother-sister type :)
<3true love is like a fake flower....it never dies<3
:bunny Bunny Warrior #13 :bunny
Shadowcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by Shadowcrawler »

Yay! Other people who like KurtWanda!

I do like KurtKitty as well. Maybe it's the amount of screentime they get together that converted me originally. They NEED each other!!!
Pastry. :D
:bamf

Oook?
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Post by sevati »

How could I forget Kurt/Wanda? I really do like that pairing alot, thanks to Nandireya's fics and Nacht's constantly pushing it into my head :LOL. Oh, and Kaileigh Blue's art on Deviant is amazing when it comes to Kurwanda.

As Crawler likes to point out, baby Nocturne should be made. Ok, so I left a few things out of that *giggles*
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Why Kurrty???

Post by Nandireya »

At Nutter's Board I am the Anti-Kurrty...and somehow have become the queen of Kurwanda after having begun only two fics starring the pairing...must finish those...

But basically I'll write Kurt with anyone...EXCEPT Kitty :D

As to where Kurrty came from...who knows? I can kinda see it in Evo, they're close to the same age and all...but I still think she's a little flighty for him. I think people read too much in his trying to get her comfortable with his looks...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Orangatan64
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Why Kurrty???

Post by Orangatan64 »

Originally posted by Nandireya
At Nutter's Board I am the Anti-Kurrty...and somehow have become the queen of Kurwanda after having begun only two fics starring the pairing...must finish those...

But basically I'll write Kurt with anyone...EXCEPT Kitty :D

As to where Kurrty came from...who knows? I can kinda see it in Evo, they're close to the same age and all...but I still think she's a little flighty for him. I think people read too much in his trying to get her comfortable with his looks...
Everyone except Kitty, huh?
Well I challenge someone to write a Kur23!
Yes, Kurt and X23. You could put in a huge fight between Logan and Kurt.
I would write it but I lack creativity, time, and motivation.:P
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams.
"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." - Marty Feldman.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Why Kurrty???

Post by Nandireya »

X23? Well...seeing as I've only seen her first apperance once...I don't think I'm qualified...and I think Kurt'd be shit-scared of her anyway
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

:evokurt & X23-havent heard of THAT-might work
hes happy go lucky & shes a solider- born to fight- he could try to "reach out" to her-maybe teach her about love & romance- i dont remember if he did that with Cerise or not
:love:kiss:naughty
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Why Kurrty???

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
I'll read pretty much Kurt/anyone (other than OCs) so long as it's well written - or, for that matter, Kurt/no one, so long as it's Kurt. I like Kurt/Tabby a lot, just because it's unusual. Kurwanda is good too. I despise Kurmanda - in the comics for obvious reasons and in evo just because I think she comes off kind of like a creepy stalker type. She seems to be interested in him more *because* he's a mutant than anything.

I actually don't tend to like Kurtty very much, which is kind of weird since I'm writing one, but it's partly b/c of the totally cliche approach that most writers take. I'm sick of reading how Kurt falls instantly and hopelessly in love with the perfect and angelic Kitty and strives ceaselessly to get her to notice his pathetic self. Newsflash, Kitty's *not* that great, and I can't picture Kurt being so desperate or delusional as to think she is. I could see it more as a friendship that built into love somewhere down the line. All the early 'flirting' seemed to me more like him trying to get her comfortable with him. I mean, they do have to live and work together, so it kind of helps if she doesn't freak out every time she sees him.
I... I love you...
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Why Kurrty???

Post by taekwondodo »

cool. :) Go read my fic at ffn then.:D

(I'm not above the *occasional* shameless plug - warning though, as stated above, it *is* a Kurtty)
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Why Kurrty???

Post by rockstar »

Kurrty Alert: X-Men Evolution the Comic!

If anyone has read the Evolution Comic series (as short as it was), there was a bit of flirting between Kurt and Kitty in one of the books. Kitty is trying to cheer Kurt up about his appearence, and she steals Amanda's line when she says "Blue is my favorite color."
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
HumanDisease
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by HumanDisease »

me thinks Kurt should have the hots for Wanda, other dimensions they had flings right?
tun Sie es mich königlich nightcrawler an! Oh -! Gott ja!
goddess123452003
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Well I am not reall against any kurt/anyone pairings(I just have my prefrences). Although I am curious to this Kurt/wanda everyone keeps talking aboutsmirk. I've never really considered Kurt/wanda but because of all the posts, this pairing has striked my fancy. I never really saw Wanda as compatible with anyone, but I guess everyone needs love:love. well I would like to check out this Kurt/wanda:) anyone know any good fics?:D or sites?:smirk
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Why Kurrty???

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

The Kurt/Wanda is not something seem in comics, only the result of their union....their daughter TJ, Nocturne of the Exiles...its a great book, check it out..

But if you want some good Kurt/Wanda, check out Nandi's stuf on the "A Touch of Velvet" forum on here....especially "Chance Encounter" (comic-verse) and "Heart to Heart" (evo-verse)

*EDIT*
OH! That Nocturne origins arc is coming up very very soon! That should be a damn good read....:nocturne
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€