Let's pretend Kurt is dead for a sec here....

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Jenni
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jenni »

:crazed Huh?
Who killed who?
I'm confused! :huh
Life's a bitch and then you die...but YOU get to be a bitch first!
:bamf :poke :pokejoke :pyro
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I don't like this game. I don't want to play anymore. Kurt has almost died a bajillion times and I don't want to think about it actually happening. Yes, it's a What If. I don't want to play anyway.
Please, BM86, when you finish and post your story, label it clearly so those of us who don't want to read won't accidentally stumble upon it. Because usually I really enjoy your stories.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I could never think about Kurt dying... if they were thinking about killing him, I would want to do everything in my hands to write letters to stop that from happening.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i dont like the idea of Kurt dying either- the only times i've read about him dying were in the "what if" series- & he usally met with a horrible death.
but if Marvel EVER desided to kill nighty off i WILL drop X-men.
(marvel WILL NOT get another cent from ME)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

In the first "Days of Future Past" story (Uncanny X-Men #141 and #142), you see a mutant graveyard of the future, and as you look down the list of gravestones, the last one you come to is Kurt Wagner's. It was a shock to come across, and, I think, more affecting than an over-the-top, my-life-to-save-the-world confrontation that you actually saw could have been.

Kurt may have modeled himself on Errol Flynn, but in some of the best Claremont stories he clearly wasn't a swashbuckler, just a nice kid who wished he was one. The X-Men were never after the traditional heroic rewards of fame and glory. Nothing they did could ever negate the fear and hatred they faced as mutants, and, in DoFP, that hatred finally beat them. It was tragedy, rather than heroism, and more powerful for just that reason.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have left it clearly labeled but I'm not writing a death muahaha story that's not respect toa good character. This is a story about who it effects and they're reactions. Personally I think it'll help me with my character writing , putting characters in an akward situation for both me and them.

Note: I also would drop the book don't think I'm not a Kurt fan, I am and he's my favorite character and I'm just exploring places I can go with the characters. Also it'll make a nice story.
In a sense his death is both heroic and tragic. He dies do Deadpool yes, but onl cuz Logan slips up which becomes a grievance for Logan.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

It would be a pointless semi-demi-climax to a lackluster story arc, and none of the other characters would notice.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
tigers
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tigers »

Logan knows he will probably outlive all his friends anyway. I sincerely hope he will be able to grow old with Kurt, and watch Kurt get married and have children. Kurt dying of old age is the best we can hope for him.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
It would be a pointless semi-demi-climax to a lackluster story arc, and none of the other characters would notice.
Aren't you supposed to be...drastic...and spastic? That was.....depressingly realistic and calmly eery. Don't say such words again. :eek
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Indigo elf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Indigo elf »

I dont know, is Deadpool really worthy of killing off Kurt? If hes gonna die a tragic death, make him die by his mothers hands. And then Logan can track Mystique down like a dog and make her pay. Wouldnt that be so Shakespearian?:) There would be so much internal conflict, and keeping it tied to Kurts family would make it that much more meaningfull.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Aren't you supposed to be...drastic...and spastic? That was.....depressingly realistic and calmly eery. Don't say such words again. :eek
I see it as being drastically realistic.

Besides, someone needed to say it. :evil
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I think it would be a real punch in the face for the X-Men, Mystique would probably loose all control...not to mention the fact that sales would probably plummet because of all the Nighty fans boycotting the comic. ;)

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I agree, I don't think people will buy x-men comics without their fuzzy elf in them anymore... my friend who really loved Colossus stopped buying them after he died!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

My friend who really loved Colossus stopped buying them after he died!
I almost did too. LOL. Kurt was the only thing that kept me going. I sobbed like a baby when they killed Colossus.

What?! Stop looking at me like that! I get emotional, okay?! ;)
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I think, that if Kurt dosn't die of old age, that he would go down fighting the good fight. Sort of the Boromir goes down in the 1st LOTR, with honor and dignity.

:cry thinking about it makes me depressed. And believe me, a person like me with ADHD, it is almost near impossible to do.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Boromir ACTUALLY went down in the beginning of book two but they put it in the first movie cuz they like making long movies whree you wanna go pee but you just CAN'T! cuz you want to see the rest!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Originally posted by bamfchickie

I almost did too. LOL. Kurt was the only thing that kept me going. I sobbed like a baby when they killed Colossus.

What?! Stop looking at me like that! I get emotional, okay?! ;)
Aww it's ok... I sobbed when it turned out Kurt was just being used...and then I thought about what he said in the first issue of the hoyl war thing...and my mom thought something was wrong with me because I was crying so hard!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nighton »

I think that Kurt should die saving a five-year old girl. Hos last words would be something like "If my death... saves you... at least... it is not in vain... farewell..."
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Eh. He's probably still be a little aggravated by it. Maybe if he saved THE WORLD but saw a a five year old girl's face and THEN said those words it would work.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Yeah but...that sounds kinda corny to me. I don't think kurt would say something that corny. Maybe something along those lines like, "At least I have not died in vain." or something like that. Plus, it depends on how he's dying to be able to speak too:D

Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

If kurt dies saving a child, I'd want it to be his own. Maybe a young son who can grow up to be sort of a vigilanty or avenger. Possibly he'd be motivated by the memory of his father's intergrity and sacrifices. And I mean avenger as in "one who avenges" not as in the team/comic. I guess that's sort of Batman-esqu though, except he works out of anger and not in honor of his parents. But this way there would be sort of a Nightcrawler legacy and his death would have a very lasting impact on the world.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Nightcrawlerfan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightcrawlerfan »

I just thought of a good plot. Sinister hires a couple of goonies to kidnap Kurt and bring him to his lab. Sinister pumps Kurt with a serum that will activate any unsurfaced powers. Kurt cries out with pain and Sinister pumps him with another serum to stop the pain. When Kurt sees himself in a mirror and is in shock at what he sees. Himself more ferocious and animal-like. More of a demon. He kills himself because it is his worst fear. The X-men arrive to late and think Sinister killed him. He flees and Logan cries, Scott stands there like an idiot, Jean trying to comfort Logan, the rest grieving silently. Logan swears vengance on Sinister. When Mystique finds out, she totally loses all control. Kurts death opens a rift in the time-space continuum and Kurt Darkholme jumps out and revives him and restores him to normal and jumps back in the rift. Kurt tells the X-men what happened and questions Logan about his tears. The End. There, hows that?
~If it all went away
Nothing left to say
Would you fight it
Or will you lay down
At the hand of your God
Could you see the light
Oh my prince cant you
see whats been found~
For my beloved fuzzy blue elf. Quoted from "Prince" by Vanessa Carlton
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

Originally posted by Nightcrawlerfan
I just thought of a good plot. Sinister hires a couple of goonies to kidnap Kurt and bring him to his lab. Sinister pumps Kurt with a serum that will activate any unsurfaced powers. Kurt cries out with pain and Sinister pumps him with another serum to stop the pain. When Kurt sees himself in a mirror and is in shock at what he sees. Himself more ferocious and animal-like. More of a demon. He kills himself because it is his worst fear. The X-men arrive to late and think Sinister killed him. He flees and Logan cries, Scott stands there like an idiot, Jean trying to comfort Logan, the rest grieving silently. Logan swears vengance on Sinister. When Mystique finds out, she totally loses all control. Kurts death opens a rift in the time-space continuum and Kurt Darkholme jumps out and revives him and restores him to normal and jumps back in the rift. Kurt tells the X-men what happened and questions Logan about his tears. The End. There, hows that?

Logan hugs him "'thought ya were dead ! 'm' so glad ya stilll alive!"
"yeah i'm glad too i'm still alive but please let go, i can't breathe !!!" :X

... and Kurt dies for good this time ?

LOL
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

hmmm....

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

What ever way he dies, one grieving team mate would be the just-discovered-she-was-pregnent-with-kurt's-baby Ororo Monroe!!!

ooo...I might use that...
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

i dunno...kurt seems to have too much of an optimistic view of the world to kill himself...he would see that as selfish.:cry:halo
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance