Spider-Man general discussion

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Your very own thread for all your Spidey needs :D If it is Spidey related, bring it here.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

REALLY! WOOO! That's so cool! I got one

anybody wanna talk about the Spider-man movie (second one!) im gonna get some dirt on it so we have something to talk about!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

when is Spidey 2 coming out- i havent heard anything about- i hope its as good as the 1st one
i LOVE Spider-man
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

IT should be out in August or april 2004 but who knows, you can never predict this stuff.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

there are some great preview images out right now of Doc Oc.... will try and find some :)
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

found one!!

http://www.cinescape.com/0/bigphoto.asp ... 7379%2Ejpg

it says it will come out in july.. hopefully.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Spider-Man 500, great issue, need to get the three previous of it though, cuz I have NO CLUE what they are talking about, but it's an interesting issue. I got it all Nicely stored away. Who else got it?
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by nightcrawler30
found one!!

:eek:D- that image is great- so Spidey 2 comes out Jul 2,2004- i am so seeing that.
speaking of spidey does anyone know if the spidey cartoon on MTV will be back because i havent heard anything-
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I heard it was a good show and MTV had good amount of people viewing it, it was just on at the wrong time. NOt wrong time as in time in the day, but wrong time because of other competitive chanels and shows coming out reaching same audience, (example was VH1's i love the 70;s)
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*ears perk up* which cartoon was this? was it the one where he got zapped onto an alternate earth? Or was it more canon?

I really like comic book spidey, i like the character, i like the sense of humour, and how he will always (at least try) to come out and laugh at stuff - gosh that sounds familiar doesnt it? :D

also Spidey goes through a lot of stuff that many people will encounter in life, (the clones, wallcrawling, supervillains and natty wardrobe is something of a bonus...:)) love, the loss of loved ones, loneliness, marriage, separation, job hunting, dealing with difficult people, trying to figure out who you are, trying to do your best in this life...
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I think they are talking the new MTV cartton, which isn't technically a cartoon, it is 3D animation with a toon shader. and the eyebrows give me the willies. they're alive! not a bad show, on the whole. it is kind of a cross between Ultimate and Movie Spider-man. it kind of spins off the end of the first movie, and has Peter and Harry sharing an apartment and the like, with Harry being all 'i shall have my revenge against Spider-Man for the death of my father!' and all that, and his costume is Movie style. but the interactions between characters and Spidey's personality feel more like Ultimate. the animation asmentioned is 3D but witha toon shader, done by Mainframe, the guys wo brought you Reboot and Beast Wars. the modeling is VERY much like Reboot... but flat shaded, so it is a bit disconcerting at first. but you get used to it.

but i felt the 90's cartoon was better, somehow....

and yeah, i always liked Spider-man, the character, though i hadn't reallybeen *following* his comics until recently. i started to pick them up on a regular basis when Spectacular hit the stands, and i am enjoying it very much so far:D
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

your right, the animation on the MTV spidey show does take some getting used to- but i did like the storys on it
& ya i used to watch the spidey cartoon on FOX-i loved it when they had the X-men crossover-there was also Iron man, cap america,the FF, silver sable,Blade (kind of a whos who in the marvel u)
i liked that show but i missed the ending of it- i dont think they ever showed what happened to mary jane
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Harry learned to accept Spider-Man though when he saved him and maryjane in an episode and MJ had a talk about with harry about how he should let it go. But then Harry stumbbled across the secret room of his dads and that's the last episode that aired, but there was a nother goblin mask (and it wasn't the same as the other) so i'm expecting (if it returns) that Hobgoblin will be in it soon.
Fushigi Rockna
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fushigi Rockna »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
Originally posted by nightcrawler30
found one!!

:eek:D- that image is great-
It is. :shocked Doc Oc looks wonderful, even better than the green goblin! *is jumping in her seat with glee* Can't wait for this movie! It's gonna so kick arse! :D
Gotta stop loving the rich freaks... *cough*

Anime. Owns. All.

Come Join the The Anti Soap Opera Forums and show your hatred of dumbasses who make the Internet a bloody slush fest.
anthomaniac1023
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by anthomaniac1023 »

I think Marvel has done a great job with the Spider titles since the new management took over, especially considering what a mess they were a few years ago. They've got 2 very solid creative teams, and they're back near the top of the charts. Also, a third title with Millar and Dodson, both who fans love, is coming next year. This is the strongest the franchise has been in a looong time.

(note: I'm not really a fan of any out of the 3 writers, but, well, that's me)
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

That Doc Oc picture looks like he has those things from the Matrix on his back, but then I don't know very much about Spiderman. Just looks funny.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spidey trailer

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Here it is!!!
And its GREAT!!!!

:spidey :spidey :spidey
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

~~SPIDER-MAN 2~~ with DOC OC! YES! he looks so cool!
YES YES YES YES YES!

:spidey :spidey :spidey :spidey

Thank you Nightcrawler 063!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY COMPLETE!!!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Cool trailer! It's going to be good! Next year is suppose to be a good year for Marvel. More Marvel loveliness will be coming out. Like Fantastic Four in December. Hopefully.

Funny. Spidey ripping open his shirt to expose his costume underneath is so reminiscent of the Superman movies...it's too funny.:LOL
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

trailer looks awesome, doc oc looks great :D

and yeah, it is remenescent of Superman isn't it? he did it in the last film too, during the BatMan-esque balloon sequence ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So how come in peter parker spider-man he's a teacher in a school and in spectacular spider-man hes...not sure...and in amazing spider-man he's still a daily bugle guy.
What the fudge? lol
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Newest Spider trailer!!!

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Here it is!!!
And its GREAT!!!!

:spidey :spidey :spidey
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

since when does apple.com put trailers in zip files? weird... but atleast that means you can save them, now :) sometimes before they wouldn't let you save a trailer...

gah, it's one of those trailers that basically compressed the movie into 2 and a half minutes... i hate when they do that...

it looks cool, though ;) just don't doownload it if you don't want spoilers.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Woah. :o

Doc Ock is finally a badass!! :D

[spoiler]And it looks like Harry may be playing JJJ to Doc Ock's Scorpion...[/spoiler]
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I'm trying to figure outt what the "Toy Spoiler" is- apparently, they can't reveal ahead of time past what characters are in some of the later lines of the action figure series, because one of them is a spoiler. My Theories?

[spoiler] Harry Goblin, the Return of Norman Osborn, or an Oscorp designed Black Costume[/spoiler]