Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I've been curious about this for awhile. Obviously we're all junkies to one degree or another or we wouldn't be here.

Do your friends, parents, neighbors, children, spouses, co-workers, significant others, etc... know that you're Nighty obsessed? If they do, what's their reaction?

Amused tolerance? Amused intolerance? Confusion? Disappointment (you buy them books and send them to school and what do they do....) Support? Are they obsessed too?

My kids are Evo and Nightcrawler junkies but don't care about the comics or the movie. My husband thinks we're all weird, but loves us anyway. He even proof-reads my fics for me and harasses me if he doesn't get updates often enough. You couldn't pay me to tell anyone else I'm a Nightcrawler addict - heck, my in-laws and the neighbors think I'm strange enough as it is!

Don't mind me, I'm just terminally curious.

TKD
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Nope. I'll take my secret with me till the day i die. Nah actually a few of my friends know and they just give me their pity.
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Ya everyone knows. Hell, its better than killing people and shootin up drugs. Of course they were worried when I tried to:bamf from the living room to the kitchen one day. Other than that they don't mind!:D
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

Did the wall survive the :bamf? :LOL

Well, most people know about my obsessions...I tend to wear them openly - t-shirts, stuff lying around, posters, mugs....my office looks a bit weird because of that :naughty I'm still looking for a really good Nighty poster, but I've already got a large Ian McKellen up (Gandalf, though...) and Alan Rickman as Snape from HP.....and my poseable Nighty is doing acrobatics on my computer.
Now why do my students keep looking at me in that funny way? :D
I've never been shy to show what I like...I also wear my Christopher Street Day t-shirts in class...I've just had all the weird looks you can get anyway. Maybe I just don't care anymore :beer
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

My art teacher and my family know, but I like to freak out the other teachers, and students (who don't know, exsept for one) by saying "I like Blue Fuzzy Guys" :surprise <their response :evil it works every time!
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

No! I'd never tell. I don't really care if people -find out- but I can't just go up to them and say: "I love Nightcrawler. In fact, I spend up to half an hour every day talking about him on a site!" It's just my little secret. ;):D
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

I think a few know. They know i like x-men which made this new boy call me "X-Man Girl" all the time.
He just started 4 days agao and already want to go to Mickey's not so scary halloween party with us. there are a bunch of us going as x-men characters.
I don't like to tell many people I like the Xmen because they think i am weird.

He was like you drawtoo? I drew a pic of nightcrawler in the costume we wear in tomorrowland. It looks stupid but i will take a apic and post it some time.
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

My girlfriend knows that I'm a Nightcrawler fan, and deals with it :D thought she thinks I spend too much time on internet forums, including this one :rolleyes
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by crow »

My friends know! My hubby knows.........Everyone around me KNOWS!!!!!!!!!
~CROW~
bamfboy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by bamfboy »

Better than killing people and taking drugs? NEVER! I refuse to believe! Anyhoo, people know. I don't keep it as a secret but I don't go around just mentioning it to people. I think my friends know possibly cause I kept harrassing them to go see X2 with me, and I have pictures that I've drawn or printed off all up my walls
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Yup everybody around me knows..even the people that doesn't have idea about him....hehe.
what else i can say? :p
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Sorte Springer »

My husband knows, and he has given my a yearly subscription to X-men as a birthday present for the last three years. My little bother knows, and he loves X-men too, thought not as much as I do. My parents know and try to ignore it.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Actually, I rather like if people know. I mean, why shouldn't they? I love Nightcrawler and the Xmen, just as much as a friend of mine may like sports. They talk about their hobbies and such, why can't I mine? It's not like I go up to strangers and say: "Hey, I love Nightcrawler!" but I do make sure my friends know. It isn't as if I could get away with keeping it a secret, either. I have dressers full of action figures, cards, comic books, posters and other miscellaneous Xmen type things. I don't care if anyone thinks that I am weird, for it is, after all, true. If my friends didn't like me for what I like, they don't need to be my friends. Besides, being strange and unique is fun, especially when it scares the shite out of normal people :D :evil
Cocnuts.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

I tell everyone. I can't imagine keeping it a secret. I always am looking for fellow X-geeks to be friends with. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I love it when people think I'm weird. I mean...I am. Everyone knows I'm the quirky artist hoibbit girl, so my X-Men obsession is no big deal to my friends et al. :D
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by crow
My friends know! My hubby knows.........Everyone around me KNOWS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, with all those Nighty issues you just received for your birthday from your hubby! We're confiscating them! Now hand them over to us!:LOL
Pirotess
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Pirotess »

Yeah I tell everyone. Again n again. And then some. Or maybe im just talking to myself and they happen to overhear. I put Nighty pics on my walls.
Reaction: nobody in my house could care less. They nod and move on to more 'serious' (read: boring) matters.

I've been bugging my bro forever about it, and he always thought i was nutty/never understood. It was cool taking him to the movie: he saw Nightcrawler and went: "Wow he is really amazing". That made me feel all proud for some reason o.O

Eh i guess it's great to have ppl to share obsessions with, but then, i DO want Kurt all for me, so... :smirk
~1 of these days i'll gather enough courage to say something to Dave Cockrum :blush ~
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

Sure.

The X2 Nightcrawler action figure at work kind of gives me away.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Most people get a clue from the tattoo that's pretty visible. If they're cool enough to recognize Kurt, that is.
My brothers have been teasing me for 20 some years now about my "wormy" boyfriend. My partner doesn't mind too much, as long as I keep the requests to talk to me in German to a minimum.
My mom doesn't mind, she even tapes Evo for me sometimes. My mom-in-law just thinks I'm weird.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I already mentioned this on another thread, but what the hey.

My husband humors me. He enjoys giving me suggestions for fanfics.

My child thinks I'm insane.

I've learned not to mention it at work. Most of my coworkers didn't even go to see the movie.

My brother owns tons of comics, he's the reason why I am a long-time Nightie fan. but he thinks I'm wierd. However, he just bought a huge lot of comics at an auction and is giving me almost 100 books with Nightie in them. Mostly older issues, Excaliburs and the first mini series. Drat, that doesn't include his first appearance. He's keeping that one. :eek

Guess Shadow has guite a lot to dance about :LMAO :LMAO :P
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Ackety-Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

"Secret" interests?

Post by Ackety-Bamf »

I really l like sapphirescimitar's response

"I love Nightcrawler and the Xmen, just as much as a friend of mine may like sports. They talk about their hobbies and such, why can't I mine?"

It makes me imagine a modified version of the talk between Mystique and Kurt in the movie -

:moviecrawler "You mean you could appear to have hobbies like normal people?" :?
:mystique "Yes, but we shouldn't have to!" :smug

Actually; only 1 or 2 friends know. They think I'm wierd enough already with my eating cabbage and chocolate (sp).
:crazed
chronicdoodler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by chronicdoodler »

I painted x2 kurt on my lucky backpack. He's all bamfy and blue and cool. I'm sure they have an inkling that I like the character, but only fellow x-men fans bother asking.
The wonderful things about nighty, is a nighty is a wonderful thing. Their butts are made out of rubber. Thier tails are made out of springs. They bamf, they bamf, they bamf they bamf becuase it is fun fun fun fun fun. The wonderfull things about Nighty is he's they only one.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Most defiently, ppl know I'm an X-men fan... two things happened today in college that proved it... one was my art class, we have a trip planned to go to London England and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Oooo!!! Thats Where Mortimer Toynbee was born." I then promptly smacked my forehead and didn't have to explain why I did that... second, my english class... we were to pick quotes from anywhere and analize them... I had altogether about 10, and more then half then were X-men quotes... three of them were Nightcrawler, one from Logan, a few from Xaiver, I can't remember the rest, since I already turned in the assignment... so yeah, I'd call myself a fan... and for being a Nightcrawler fan... *Looks at her posable Nighty beside her* Yep I'm a fan, the first day I got my action figure I was jumped about the house and fell asleep with him in my arms the first night... a bite pokey but it was worth it ~_^ Now if only I could find a Toad action figure, I'll be set for life.
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
BlueGirl
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BlueGirl »

Oh yeah! Everyone that knows me knows :) (my parents call him 'that fluffy blue guy that you like' :LOL ). They can't really help knowing, what with the small comic collection on the table (all with my favourite Nighty art) and the big picture of him that I printed off the internet :love - it's on a really visible spot on the wall :D.
Most people find out pretty quickly and if they can't cope with my wierdness - tough! Therefore, nearly all my close friends are slightly wierd in their own way (one has a huge cardboard cutout of Aragorn at the top of the stairs):D , and I wouldn't have them any other way :D:):D
"Hey what a cave man! Hey, we could really.., we could really..,"
"We could really what?"
"We could really, you know, BE in this cave!"
"We are in this cave."
bamfer#373
Lubber
Lubber

I suppose you could say that...

Post by bamfer#373 »

I'e told a select few people about my little...*cough*obsession*cough*. But I'm pretty sure if anyone but the closest friends knew, I'd have more weird looks shot at me than you could shake a stick at:shocked but the people I've told seem alright with it. First reaction, shocked, then kinda apprehensive, then not really caring. so it worked out well:)
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps. :poke
x3
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x3 »

im a little shy about telling people because im afraid they will think im weird with my obsession:(
darkness will rule,it is all i need,there is no happt outlook on life. Also find a cheer leader and saw her legs off.