Arrested Development

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Arrested Development

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

So, being that my Tuesday nights on Fox have been violently hijacked by American Idol this week (Bones! House! :bawl) I decided to spend Tues and Weds to enjoy my newest obsession: Arrested Development.

No, not:
(though, if you remember them, I love you forever! Mr. Wendel!!)

This:

Honestly, one of the best shows to ever be canceled by Fox :bawl

Editing...adding more to the post...

I don't think I've been as thoroughly impressed with a cast since Freaks and Geeks. There's not one character I don't like, and not one actor who doesn't completely live up to the rest. Even the kid who plays George Michael....damn, that kid is good!

And how can you not love a project David Cross is in? HOW?!

Anyway, fantastic show, really well written, and honestly the best continuity I have ever seen in anything.....ever...

*changes avatar for AD*

[Edited on 19/1/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Arrested Development

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I can't believe they cancelled this,, I thought the last episode was a joke, but then I saw on Adult Swim something saying "Arrested Development..great show.. CANCELLED.. maybe we should take it, it's worked well with FOX's other flops.. stay tuned for Family Guy" something like that.. I really think Arrested Development was much better than some other crap they have on.. Skating with Celebrities?!:shifty:bamf
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Arrested Development

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I can't believe they cancelled this,, I thought the last episode was a joke, but then I saw on Adult Swim something saying "Arrested Development..great show.. CANCELLED.. maybe we should take it, it's worked well with FOX's other flops.. stay tuned for Family Guy" something like that.. I really think Arrested Development was much better than some other crap they have on.. Skating with Celebrities?!:shifty:bamf
No kidding!! Did anyone see that show Reunion?? Honestly, I have never seen worse writing and worse acting come together to create anything...

It's pretty sad, but for the most part, the best shows don't last terribly long....the way of things, it seems :(
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Arrested Development

Post by Confizzle »

It's a lot better than the "War at Home", noticed you got the bannana cartoon as an avatar. The Frozen bananna stand lives on in our hearts.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Arrested Development

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The War at Home is absolute crap.. I can't stand to watch that show (it's not funny, the Dad has the stupidest and most predictable one-liners I've ever heard, and basically, there are much better shows that could be on..) I've only seen one episode of Bones, but it's pretty good.. I watch House near-religiously (I freaking love that show:shifty) and Prisonbreak is ok.. I mean, it's not like I'm counting down the days til it returns, but if it's on, I'll watch it.. with the exception of 24 and House, I think when The Simpsons is over, I'm done with FOX:o:bamf
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Arrested Development

I never got into Prison Break or 24......but you know what else is a good show (posting cause Im watching it now) "Everybody Hates Chris". It's actually pretty funny...
Originally posted by confusedelf
It's a lot better than the "War at Home", noticed you got the bannana cartoon as an avatar. The Frozen bananna stand lives on in our hearts.
My favorite Gob quote..(well, one of them ;)) is when he's watching the Bananagrabber cartoon at the end and shakes his head. "I never should have given up the animation rights."

I crack up EVERYTIME!!!

OMG I'm gonna go watch it now...
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Arrested Development

So chilling with my main baby Brian, in a pinch I started watching this on Netflix during feeding, and now I know I will be watching it all day. STILL this show is pretty much unmatched as one the the best comedies EVER. All of the actors have gone on to new things, but nothing they have done since leaving has come close to comparing to this show.

There have been rumors here and there that they would make a movie, but I think it's safe to say that will never happen. And if it did, I'm not sure what would come of it? The series ended pretty definitely and I honestly am not sure that I WANT to see more. I want to rewatch this show over and over, but with how they left it and the new family dynamics, I'm not sure they need to do anything else.

That all said, I let's share favorite scenes!

It walked on my pillow!

Look at me GETTING OFF

Every chicken impression in the show

I'm afraid I just blue myself

My name is Judge

I sincerely could go on and on FOREVER. Post your favs!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Arrested Development

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This was, may still be, the best American television show to ever be.

Honestly... it was so funny... it was so smart... America couldn't handle it.

I hope they do the movie. Hurtwitz, everyone else they're all in. The script's written, Mitch just can't get the budget he wants apparently. (According to Bateman's interview with Jon Stewart quite recently actually.)

One of my favorite moments of the show (and thus one of my favorite reoccurring jokes:)

Bob Loblaw

Also, throughout season 2 with the blue hand prints all over the house on various things? Did anyone else notice in one episode they're on a wall, like he was falling? LOL!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Arrested Development

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

DOUBLE POSTING FOR MAJOR DEVELOPMENT!!!

Arrested Development Staff to Re-Unite!

AAHHH!!

That squeeing sound that young girls make when they are noted Bieber fans?

I just did that when I first saw this.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Arrested Development

Post by Ferguson »

Oh that is somehting I would love to be able to see there.

But yes, Arrested Development? Absolutely the best and this isn't my obsession with Jason Bateman talking (well, it is but it's not alone).

I would have to say my favourite scene probably would be a toss up between GOB throwing the letter out to sea and the teaching a lesson drug bust at the yacht.

[Edited on 22/9/11 by Ferguson]

And editing to add this! Who else is wonderfully excited about this?

[Edited on 3/10/11 by Ferguson]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Arrested Development

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

YEEEESSSSS!!!!

I'm so excited, it freakin' hurts! Please, world, don't end in 2012! Let me at least get my Arrested Development first!!

This so awesome, Ferg, thank you!

Also!
There's always money in the tanning salon!

[Edited on 3/10/11 by Ult_Sm86]