"First Class" movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

"First Class" movie

Post by Elfdame »

I thought about putting this in the Not-Crawler forum, but it's kinda on-screen X-people-related. And I Searched for a discussion of it but must have missed it, so if it's already been chewed to death, I ask forgiveness.

My friend sent me a link to an article about an upcoming movie concerning I guess the younger X-folk in the movieverse.

I wasn't that interested but thought you guys might be. But you probably are all up on it anyway. Just in case it escaped notice...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

"First Class" movie

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oooh. I'd be down for that. I personally really enjoy the interpersonal stuff that you get with this type of movie. Hadn't heard of this till now...at least not that I can remember. But hey. We all know how that goes. LOL. Mind o' mush.

And the more x the better for me. :D
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

"First Class" movie

Post by wizardelfgirl »

I actually read this last week but didn't have time to post it until now.

Singer to Direct First Class
New film brings back original X-Men director
by Eric Goldman

December 16, 2009 - The X-Men are welcoming back their original director. After recently hinting he'd like to return to the movie franchise he'd kicked off, Bryan Singer announced at the Avatar premiere tonight that he will indeed be taking the reins of X-Men: First Class.

Interviewed by MySpace at the premiere, Singer was asked about his upcoming projects. After mentioning his next film, Jack the Giant Killer, Singer then let loose the big news, saying, "I just yesterday signed a deal to do an X-Men: First Class origins picture, which is kind of cool. I'm very excited."

Singer directed X-Men and X2, but when he decided to do Superman Returns before X-Men: The Last Stand, 20th Century Fox moved forward with the third X-Men film without him, ultimately choosing Brett Ratner to direct.

20th Century Fox currently has several different X-Men spinoffs in development, so there were plenty of different routes Singer could have taken for his return to the X-Men world. He'd previously pondered the possibility of directing the Magneto film, and there was a lot of speculation about whether he might direct the next Wolverine film, after his frequent collaborator Christopher McQuarrie signed on to write the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Singer's statement confirms First Class is an origin film, though it's not clear yet what characters will be included and how closely it will adhere to the continuity of the previous X-Men films, in which Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm and Beast (the latter going by info from The Last Stand) were among Charles Xavier's earliest students – while characters like Iceman and Angel (who were original members in the comics) joined later.

Josh Schwartz, the co-creator of Chuck and the creator of The O.C., wrote the script to X-Men: First Class.

Meanwhile, with Singer set for Jack the Giant Killer and X-Men: First Class, it's not clear what the status is of the Battlestar Galactica movie he's attached to at Universal.

source: http://movies.ign.com/articles/105/1055999p1.html

----------

I sort of rest a little easier knowing that the original director is returning. If FOX hadn't changed him for Rattner for X3 maybe that movie wouldn't have been the horrible thing it was. I hope this means we get a decent movie, even if chances of seeing Nightcrawler in it are virtually none.

I wonder if there will be any trouble now that Disney owns Marvel? Supposedly FOX has signed contracts for several movies no matter who owns the francise, but it was said that Disney would try to fight for them.
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

"First Class" movie

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Aaaand the newest news about this movie.

Bryan Singer Says 'X-Men: First Class' Might Supercede 'Magneto' Movie
Posted 7 hrs ago by Blair Marnell in Marvel, News

Last week’s announcement that Bryan Singer will return to direct “X-Men: First Classâ€
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

"First Class" movie

Post by Freak »

Fox...yeah, I'll be sitting out on those, no matter how good they'll be :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

REALLY!?!?!

NO WAY!! That's AWESOME!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

"First Class" movie

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Sucks that there won't be a Magneto movie -- I love the character as he is portrayed in the movies, as well as in the comics, and I was really looking forward to Magneto: Origins. However, I won't complain if he is as excellently portrayed as he has been in the past.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

"First Class" movie

Post by Slarti »

Saw a bit of info and a release date for the First Class movie:

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/theg ... .html#more
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

On IMBD, Azazel is listed as a character and his short bio mainly just says he is Nighty's father. So my reasoning is: if you have Azazel... and you have Mystique... I predict at least a cameo of BABY NIGHTCRAWLER!!! Any thoughts??
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

"First Class" movie

Post by Slarti »

Thanks to a Facebook post from our old fearless leader Crawler, thought I'd jet back over here to post the trailer link!

X-Men: First Class

I know, I know - Azazel. But it does make sense so that X2 Kurt can still exist and not be far, far older.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Told ya so, told ya so, ha ha ha ha. I'm way super pumped. Also Beast wow. Magneto wow. Havok huh?
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So apparently the new X-Men First Class posters are laughably pathetic. Check it out:

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/850-y ... posters?nc
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

"First Class" movie

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Obviously, there is a lot of action in the movie, but Vaughn insists there's more to it than that. He said, "It's got a lot of teenage angst. The 'Twilight' girls will like it."
Found this gem in some article on yahoo, I think. Makes me glad I didn't have much hope for the movie in the first place.
Nightchild
Lubber
Lubber

"First Class" movie

Post by Nightchild »

Well,, i must say that the movie posters are very simple, but I think it's effective.

[Edited on 18/3/11 by Nightchild]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have seen the trailer enough times to believe that this movie is just going to bomb left and right. If it doesn't it at least will amongst the fans. I'm seeing the new "Ang Lee's Hulk".

It'll be hard to top "Elektra" in terms of a bad movie! LOL!
The Trailer incase people have missed it.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I am actually really excited... so what if they botch everything we know? So long as characters are fairly portrayed and the storyline makes sense and it doesn't directly interfere with earlier movies, then I'll love it. Lookin forward to the sfx, beast's transformation, azazel, banshee, havok, young mystique, and NIGHTCRAWLER!!!! You forget he could very well cameo as an infant. At the very least Mystique will mention she's pregnant... whatever anyone says, I'm way excited. Fuck it up or not, I will enjoy it dammit!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You are far too optimistic for me. LOL!

I cannot look so positively.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

If you are looking for gold, you can't let all the stone around you be discouraging. Gotta look past the crap to see the good stuff. I'm just keeping an eye out for anything that glimmers
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't see a lot of glimmering here...

I see a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense if they're actually saying the other movies are canon.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I enjoyed Ang Lee's Hulk and X3... My fanboy status is not so high as to not enjoy a movie because it isn't "right". I take them at face value...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hulk is a terrible film. All around. It tries to make an art piece out of something that is not complex enough to be an art piece. Hulk smashes things, he doesn't wrestle symbolic forms of his anger/daddy issues or punch poodles through buildings. It did terribly for a reason -- It was genuinely not well done.

X-3 is also a movie that had a lot of potential going in and just lost a lot of it by the time you left. Forget getting "Characters" right, it was just... bad.

But the "Canon" thing I was describing earlier is more like in "Wolverine: Origins" (also a horrendous film), where Emma is in the movie as a 15 year old girl, but for some reason in 'X-Men First Class' she's like 25 in 1964.

There are other timeline issues I have but I'm slightly distracted right now although one of 'em is the Mystique/Sabertooth/Gambit timelines.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

And thats the thing: Even though the movies were terrible and sucked and all this stuff, I still enjoyed them. Timeline stuff just sucks... but I like to be entertained. And if a movie does that, in anyway, I approve. I'm just weird I guess. Like, I don't like Sweeney Todd, even though all my friends do. Just wasn't a huge fan...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I also hated Sweeney Todd. I find Burton to be one of Hollywood's most overrated.

BUT, I did like Daredevil, despite many peoples angry, firm, "You sucks" thrown in my direction. It entertained me, so I liked it.

I was not entertained by any of the previously listed films. And 'Elektra' didn't entertain me either. Ugh.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Daredevil is one of my fav hero films ever. Did you hear they are remaking it?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I did and I'm terribly excited. I think there's a lot of potential there to do a LOT better.