"Nothing Better" *LAST* PART ADDED. 12/6!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Janet's right, ya know. TJ should know her daddy, and Wanda needs to stop being so stubborn and make up with Kurt. MORE PIETRO!!!!!!!!! :evopietro
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I like the way it's working, but I have to wonder just how the HELL Scarlet could have a child and NO ONE would notice her pregnancy outside of the Avengers. I mean, did she simply not go out saving the world for four months? (One big supervillian fight, and it's "hello miscarriage"....) And did no one wonder about this? (Of course, that could easily be why Kurt is calling. He's got the idea something is up).

Also, how old is Talia? Knowing her father, she could be walking in only a few months, but that still means she's been away from Kurt for over a year. And she must have been riding the rest of the Avengers very hard to keep them from calling up Kurt and telling him everything.

Hell, considering the way Cap is acting, I wouldn't be surprised if he called Kurt up and told him to "do something about his kid", as Talia is obviously affecting Wanda's performance as an Avenger... ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I like the way it's working, but I have to wonder just how the HELL Scarlet could have a child and NO ONE would notice her pregnancy outside of the Avengers. I mean, did she simply not go out saving the world for four months? (One big supervillian fight, and it's "hello miscarriage"....) And did no one wonder about this? (Of course, that could easily be why Kurt is calling. He's got the idea something is up).

Also, how old is Talia? Knowing her father, she could be walking in only a few months, but that still means she's been away from Kurt for over a year. And she must have been riding the rest of the Avengers very hard to keep them from calling up Kurt and telling him everything.

Hell, considering the way Cap is acting, I wouldn't be surprised if he called Kurt up and told him to "do something about his kid", as Talia is obviously affecting Wanda's performance as an Avenger... ;)
To answer your questions:

Wanda didn't battle during pregnancy....it never got out to anyone that anything was happening, mainly because she requested it.

Talia is about 3 months old. Give or take. Everyone has pretty much respected Wanda's request that her daughter be kept a semi-secret, but they're obviously cracking of late. They don't agree with her anymore.

Cap doesn't know what to do....and is slightly afraid of doing the wrong thing. So, he only really speaks to her where work is involved.....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

*Update*

Post by Tatu »

“Wanda, Steve wants us downstairs in five, in full uniform. We got a problem on the upper east side.” He left as quickly as he’d come.
--

Wanda looked over at her uniform hanging behind the door.. and laughed

"Avengers Assemble."

--

"Alright this is what weve got going on.." Steve was interrupted by the sounds of heels coming down the stairs.

Still looking down he said "Thank you for joining us Wa..."

There she stood.

Full civilian outfit.

Steves words pierced the air. "What is your problem?! Why are you not in uniform?!"

"Im not going." she spoke calmly

"What?!"

her voice a little more stern this time, she repeated it. "You heard me. Im. Not. Going."

"I have about Had it with your crap lately Wanda! You ARE going and that’s that!"

The lights began to flicker on and off.
Wanda put her hands down on the table leaned into Steve.
The table began to crack as her voice began slowly...

"Get this through. I am not your child, nor your pet. I am not yours to order around. You do not control me. I am a grown woman who will make her own choices. I. Am. Not. Going. Nor will I ever be going again."

If looks could kill, Steve would have been slaughtered a thousand times over before he even hit the floor.
The Scarlet witch pulled back and let her hand drift to her hip.

Matter-of-factly she stated. "Im leaving."

the team just stared

"Wanda!" Janet screeched, the sounds of desperation reverberating through her voice.

"Im sorry Janet, I have to."

Wanda walked back towards the stairs when out of nowhere someone had grabbed her arm.

"Wanda I..Im sorry.. I didnt.. notice I was being so..I just.."

"Yes?"

he spoke softly, Almost begging. " I just.. know how good you are and what youre capable of..Please..."

"Thank you Steve, But Im not leaving because of you. I just.. need to clear my head. Once an Avenger, always an Avenger. Rotate the team. Youll find someone to replace me while Im gone."

"No..No one will replace you Wanda."

"Ill leave my key on the counter, and Steve?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you. I didnt want to leave on a sour note."

He just nodded as she walked back up the stairs.

Steve sat back down and looked at his team mates.

"Alright, like I was saying.."

--

Wanda opened the door to her room and to her surprise all of her things had been packed.

Pietro stood with his head down.

"I heard what you said, I thought Id make it a little easier on you.."

"Thank you, but.. Im glad youre here..I wanted to speak with you too.."

The silver haired speedster looked up at his sister. "What is it?"

"I want you to come with me."

--
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

ohh this is getting more intriguing! where is she going?
*sits and waits for the next part*
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

*catches up....* ooh... very intriguing.... I look forward to more of this! I must admit this is definately an angle that isn't written much.
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Caer
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Caer »

Your keeping us on pins and needles. I can't wait. And I had better get cake on top.
Some mistakes are too much fun
to only make once.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Why is it we feel obliged to go all angsty with Kurt and Wanda? I know my Chance Encounter isn't angsty...but my two Evo KurWanda's certainly are...

Still...got my fingers crossed for a happy ending for this little family...Nand is a sucker for happy endings...:D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Oh, I love this so far. Very nice dynamics between Janet and Wanda, and I liked it when she left.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I agree with Shecat! Tatu and Nacht working together sure does have an interesting mix that makes it so good! :LOL Keep it up!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Can't wait till the next up date, I'm shivering because I am so excited.:D
one name: Bruce Campbell
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I know that different places have different names for things. Here in NY, we call pacifiers "binkies". So thats what Pietro is talking about.

“Wanda, you know I’ll come. It’s not like I have anything keeping me here except you and TJ. But, well, maybe we’re being hasty?” Pietro had a tendency to play devil’s advocate.

“I’m not the one who packed everything, Pie,” Wanda pointed out.

“I’m not saying you’re being hasty in leaving. But, where are we going to go?”

Wanda sat on the bed. “I don’t know. I never really thought-” she sighed. “I have to leave, Pietro. I can’t stay here anymore.”

Pietro joined her. “I know. And I want you to do what you need to do. But we have to think it through.”

“Yeah,” Wanda responded. She looked over to the crib. Talia stood, holding steadfast to the crib wall. She groaned when she noticed her mother’s gaze, and reached out to her. Mommy picked her up out of the crib, and brought her back to the bed with Uncle Pie.

Wanda was beaming. “I’ve never seen her do that before.”

“First time for me too,” Pietro told her, reaching to his niece. TJ’s tail wrapped itself around his index finger.

TJ began to fuss. “Want a binky pixie?” Pietro asked, grabbing a fresh one from the night table. Talia eagerly received the comfort item.

“Where did you ever get the name pixie anyway?” Wanda questioned.

“She looks it. Those fat little cheeks, the pointed ears. Her dad was an elf, right?”

Wanda smirked devilishly. “Not entirely.” She raised her eyebrows for emphasis.

“Ok. To much info. Thanks.” He threw his hands up, standing. “It’ll take all night to get THAT out of my head.”

His sister giggled, rubbing the pixie’s back. TJ was fast drifting off. “Pixie’s not so bad, I guess.” She looked down at her daughter, her eyes slowly closing to golden slits. “We have to figure something out.”

Pietro thought for a second. “I think I may have an idea.”

~&~

“Good work, team. Although, Jennifer, perhaps next time you-”

“Lay off the leader crap, Steve, we did a damn good job. Celebration is in order!” Clint jibed.

“I think I have some white wine in my room. But it’s not chilled,” Janet suggested.

“Forget wine!” Clint sparred. “Where’s my tequila?”

“I think I’ll do the wine with you, Janet,” Jennifer added, as the group made their way to the kitchen. What they saw made them stop.

There, on the counter, lay Wanda’s key. And though they were aware that Wanda intended to leave, part of them didn’t believe it would truly happen. This confirmed what they didn’t want to accept.

“She really left.” Janet spoke softly.

~&~

“Pietro, there’s no WAY we can afford to stay here,” Wanda said as she followed him, being careful not to wake the carefully covered, sleeping babe in her arms. Her brother had taken her to a luxurious hotel on the upper east side. The lobby was adorned with marble floors and large dripping chandeliers. All in all, a beautiful place to be. An expensive place to be.

“Wanda, I told you, I got it covered,” Pietro smiled.

She rolled her eyes. “I want to see how you plan to do this.”

“Shh, don’t worry.” They approached the counter and rang the bell. The man behind turned to them, his head held high in an arrogant position. As soon as he saw the two, though, his position changed.

“Mr. Maximoff!” He grabbed Pietro’s hand and shook furiously. “Oh, sir, it is such a pleasure to see you again!”

“How are you doing, Andrew?” Pietro smirked, glancing quickly to his sister in an “I told you so” manner.

“Splendid, Mr. Maximoff, absolutely splendid. And who is your lovely companion?”

“My sister, Wanda,” Pietro introduced. “And my little niece, Talia.”

Andrew took Wanda’s hand and shook it as well. “It’s very nice to meet you, Miss. Your brother is quite a wonderful man.”

Wanda raised her eyebrow. “Thank you, very nice to meet you too.”

“Listen, Andrew,” Pietro leaned in. “We’re in need of a place to stay for a bit, just until we can find a place of our own. Do you think you can help us out?”

“Anything for you, Mr. Maximoff!” Andrew turned toward the key cabinet and picked one out. “Here, room 118 B. You can stay there for now. I can’t promise you won’t have to move, but it’ll be good for the next few days.”

Pietro took the key. “Thanks so much, Andrew. We really appreciate it.”

“Say nothing more. I’ll have a few young men bring up your stuff. Just go on up and get settled.”

Wanda followed her twin to the elevator, waving to Andrew appreciatively. “ ‘Anything for you, Mr. Maxim off,’” she teased. “What the hell was that about?”

“I’ve done him some favors, no big deal.”
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Oh thaks so much for the explination of the cap acting so weird!!! He's one of my absolute favorite characters and I get very defencive of him.

I really like this story alot, but being an avengers buff, I'd just like to point out that the over all chemistry is great. The only little inconsistacy I'd like to mention is, Jen... She woulnd't be going for the wine, she'd be slamming Tequilla with Clint!!! She Hulk's been known to party.

Great job!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

:love Aww, Pietro's being really sweet, helping Wanda and TJ out like that. I love TJ's nickname! I call my little cousin Lilly 'pixie', actually! (she has pointy ears and she's short). Please write more soon, this rules! And can Kurt show up soon, please?

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

PIXIE!!! That is so friggin cuuute! I esp. like the part about Kurt being an elf:naughty
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

So exciting! can't wait to read more :D thanks for the update.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Sorry, off topic WHY IN THE HECK DO I LOVE YOUR AVATAR KURTLOVER?

Will Kurt be finding out about Tj soon? She is such a goober*my word for sweetie*
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
Sorry, off topic WHY IN THE HECK DO I LOVE YOUR AVATAR KURTLOVER?

Will Kurt be finding out about Tj soon? She is such a goober*my word for sweetie*
Perfect example of regional vocab differences. I call a goober a dork i dont like with big ears...
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

"Just answer.. please.."

"Hey Kurt!" Rang out in a thick southern accent "What *are* you doin?"

Kurt set the receiver back on its base "... Nothing. Guten tag, Rogue."

Standing in a cropped white top and short leather skirt the southern belle placed her hands on her hips

"Logan and I, and maybe Remy if hed ever finish getting dressed, are headin out, and *youre* coming."

"I really dont.."

"What you really dont have is a choice darlin, now stop being mopey and come have some fun!"

Being her forceful little self she grabbed him by the hand and yanked him out the room.

--

Wanda sprawled herself out on the giant bed reveling in her new found freedom

She gasped "This place is amazing..I dont know how you did it.. but Im impressed."

"Sometimes, Im just that good, Wan." he said as a smirk creeped its way over his face.

She sat up.. The Unpacking.. It needed to be done.

Pietro knew what his sister was thinking, it had to be the freaky twin thing, and in the blink of an eye everything was unpacked and put up perfectly.

"Show off."

--

"Are you done yet?!" Rogue snapped

"Oui, just gotta get my coat."

"You primp more than I do swamp rat!" she said with a grin.

"Gotta look my best for you, cheré" Gambit whispered in his gruff cajun accent.

"Yea yeah, move it!" she said as she nudged him, in his side.

"Youre so impatient..."
--

Finally dressed they wandered out to the main room where Logan and Kurt sat.

Logan muttered "Bout time."

"So, where are we going, meine freunde?"

"Were going out to a bar, elf. Tequillaville."

"Like hell we are Logan. Were Goin to Bar 81 in SoHo." Rogue replied

"Why Bar 81?"

"Why Tequillaville?!"

"They have good nachos." Logan stated.

Rogue put her foot down "Were goin to Bar 81 and thats final."

Wolverine looked up "Whats so special bout bar 81, Ro?

"Its trendy! Their bathroom is amazing! The stall doors are clear, but when you close them they fog up!"

Everyone just looked at Rogue as if shed lost it.

"What?!"

Remy grinned "The bathroom cheré? Thats your selling point?"

She looked over at logan who could barely contain his laughter ".. They have good nachos."

--

Pietro watched as Wanda began to bathe Talia and it just ripped his heart out.

Why couldnt he have his little girl? Why wouldnt she let him see her?

"Hey wan?"

"Yes?" she replied sweetly

"Would you mind if I head out for a bit.. just to you know, clear my head?"

"Not at all, Pie. Go. Have a good time. You could use it."

"Thanks.. Ill be back later.."

Pietro walked down stairs and flipped through the "Things to do" pamphlet in the lobby and decided on an expensive bar in SoHo.. After all Pietro was all about trendy and hey.. he was an avenger, they wouldnt make *him* pay now would they?

--

"See! I told you his place was nice!"

"Im never lettin you pick the bar again kiddo" Logan muttered..again

It was bright... fancy... expensive... trendy.. and techno.
He hated everything about it.

"Ah lighten up Logan! Its nice!" Kurt said, surprisingly enthusiastic.

"..elf?"

"What? Its nice"

Rogue slapped kurt on the butt. "Good to see you cheering up a bit Kurt!"

Kurt turned bright red, stupid inducer made it so obvious when he was embarassed.

Remy put his arm around Rogue. "Uh.. Cheré? You mind?"

Rogue winked at her boytoy and turned her head. "Pietro!"

"Huh?"

*Damn.. of all places and times..someone had to notice me tonight*

He walked over to the other side of the bar to see who it was calling out his name, probably just a fan or something.

"Hi, how are..Rogue?"

"Howdy darlin. Whatre you doin here?"

"Just out to clear my head, you know."

"Well, sit down over here, sit with us."

"Us?" he questioned.

Rogue pointed

"Oh, hello Logan, Remy."

"Hello Pietro"

Pietro just stood in shock.

"Oh.. hello.. Kurt..."
---
Call me King!
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

:love PIETRO!!!!!!!!!!!! Heh, love this bit! It's soooo good! What's gonna happen when Kurt and Pietro start talking? Please post more soon, don't leave me hanging!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

JA! Dont leave us hangin'! Can't wait! It is so excitin' ,I am shiverin' so hard.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

:evopietro "I saw Kurt while I was out..."

:wanda "...and...?"

:evopietro "I didn't think it was possible for anyone to be more miserable than you..." *runs away*
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

*panics* Oh my goodness!!!!! I really hope you get the next one up soon, cuz I'm gonna blow up from the sudden tension there! *retreats to her lurking spot muttering about cliffhangers worse than good anime*
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by silver_frosted_roze
*panics* Oh my goodness!!!!! I really hope you get the next one up soon, cuz I'm gonna blow up from the sudden tension there! *retreats to her lurking spot muttering about cliffhangers worse than good anime*

*looks back*

Huh.. I really *do* end each of my parts with cliff hangers dont I? evil evil me, but thats what makes it fun and what makes you keep coming back right?

Its what i do, I set you up and Lisa knocks you out of the park. Shes just good like that.

So nandi, goddess of Kurwanda, we getting your thumbs up as Kurwanda nymphs thus far?
Call me King!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Ih Ih IH*whines* When will the next update be? My shivers are causing the California Earthquakes.