What SHOULDN'T they do to Kurt in X3

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

C'mon guys...how much screentime is Nighty gonna get? Bryan Singer said he sees ANY X-Men movie as being Wolverine focused.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Ok then, they shouldn't overshadow him with Wolverine. Like that will ever happen!!! Non comic readers I'm sure only want to see Logan go and chop people up, end of movie. Even if Kurt doesn't get much screen time, they still really need to not make him uber shy and religiouse. Actually, that's especially if he doesn't have mush screen time. At least make him stand out when he does get it!!!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Well if X3 is gonna be Wolverine centered (again!), hopefully they will develop the Kurt/Logan friendship.

And, yeah, lose the self-conscience act. Kurt should be more debonair and show-off-ish (is that even a word :?).
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I hope the real Nightcrawler come out more, for one, it would make the movie that much more pleasing, two, Alan Cumming would be more at home because his personality is quite unique in the way that it would work on the screen.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I hope the real Nightcrawler come out more, for one, it would make the movie that much more pleasing, two, Alan Cumming would be more at home because his personality is quite unique in the way that it would work on the screen.
Yes I agree they should show more of Alan's humorous side.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

The only problem I think there would be is if they don't let Alan sleep enough, he'll not be too funny then....:Z->:yell
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

What shouldn't they do? Put him in the film. He's beyond salvation. :nodno

I guess if he has to be there: no "Kuroro". Fix the accent. And the hair. And the hands. And the teeth. And the shrinking jerkass attitude.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*grrrroowwll* I think they shouldn't jab him in the eyes while they put his contacts in, although they did say they were going to do the CGI crap to him in X3.
Nova
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nova »

i definetly think Kurt shouldn't be so religious, and he shouldn't be so shy. i hope that in the third movie when he is more comfortable we will be able to see his awsome personality.
i also think the teeth need changes, they reminde me of a evil shark-like think.
other than that i just think that he should be fuzzy, not have that wierd blue skin or scales or whatever that is.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
What shouldn't they do? Put him in the film. He's beyond salvation. :nodno

I guess if he has to be there: no "Kuroro". Fix the accent. And the hair. And the hands. And the teeth. And the shrinking jerkass attitude.
You forgot the fur, dissapearing tail, and scars. I agree with you, they should leave him out. Just send him back to the circus and try to pretened he was never in X-2. It was a disaster.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

As I said in a different thread, I think it is sort of a good thing that they left the fur out, becuase todays generation, not many read the comic books anymore. Many parents think it is a bad habit for kids to read comics*they think no educational value*, so the newer generations grow up not knowing much or anything at all about the comic book characters. If they had seen NC with fur, they might of seen it as severely tacky, and unbelievable. Many people today expect too much from movies because of the advances in technology today. *Although I think one of his tattoo scar thingy things was peeling a little bit*

The thing they shouldn't have done in the movie was to forget his tail halfway through the movie.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

And it's not unbelivable that he has a tail, three fingers, fangs, pointed ears, ect? It's completely belivable that a man walks around with metal claws graphted to him too, or that a woman walks around wearing only her scales. Comics, and movies have never been about reality. People, even those who don't read comics, know that, and don't expect comic based movies to be completely logical or realistic. The only people who had any problem with the comic-like effects in spiderman were the critics, and what do they know really? Reality isn't the most important thing in these movies. I think that a if movie go-er can accept everything else in the X-Men, giving a guy with a tail, fur, isn't too far of a strech.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I completely respect your opinion...but I'm gonna stick to what I have written, only because the only way they could have done the fur would be by CGI, and as some have seen the HUlk movie bomb compared to some others, know that if CGI is not done right, it screws the whole movie, and if they had made the choice to use CGI for fur and made the mistake of doing a bad job, then the movie would have been even more of a disater to those that already think it is one and not to mention even worse to the people who expect alot from directors like Brian

Example of good CGI:
Final Fantasy(the movie)
Example of bad CGI:
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen( the Mr. Hyde)
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
so the newer generations grow up not knowing much or anything at all about the comic book characters. If they had seen NC with fur, they might of seen it as severely tacky, and unbelievable.
I agree that CGI has a tendancy to suck bad when it's combined with real actors. That's not the part of the statement I dissagree with. In fact, there's not a doubt in my mind you're right about that. I'm not even sure that I dissagree that the Fur needed to be left out. If bad CGI was the only option, then by all means, i'm with you, leave it out. :D

That's not what I was trying to address :oops . The part I dissagree with is the statement I have quoted. Nothing about the movie is realistic. Nothing about most Sci-Fi is to increadably real. I don't think that people would have rejected the idea of his having fur, unless they also had a problem with 90% of the movie in general. I don't think that the world is far enough alienated from the Comic culture to actually think that every charicter was planned out to relfect actual possibilities in our own world. Every one knows that comics are fantacies.

I agree with you that film makers have a responsibility to make their work look good. If it's not going to look right, dump it. I just don't think that the type of audience this movie has, would have had a problem accepting a charicter with fur.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

It is just that alot of people who go to see these movies are fans of the comic books not new timers, a lot of the new timers like to go see chick ficks or horror moivie and don't like scifi movies, half the people I know don't know who the heck Steven King is!!! I'm not trying to get on your case, Warbird, if it seems that way. It is just that some people can beable to watch amovie and put up with the special effects to some point, but when it crosses the line, it damages the value of the movie to people, *esp. if that line is crssed with CGI*
Psylocke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Psylocke »

Don't let him fall in love!! It could lead to real trouble. Like how Logan fell for Jean!! He'll fall for Storm, I just know it!!!!!:storm
:love
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I think they shouldnt make him wear those clothes anymore, he should wear form fittin' leather;):naughty
x3
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x3 »

TextBrownI want :) to be more open i at least want to see him kiss :storm once.
darkness will rule,it is all i need,there is no happt outlook on life. Also find a cheer leader and saw her legs off.
Nightstalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightstalker »

Originally posted by Vee_EmmCee

I wouldn't like to see anyone scared of him. I know some would be nervous of him, but don't make the students run in terrorwhen they see Kurt.
well i wouldn't be scared or nervous if he teleport in my school i would run and grab him when he is teleporting :D :bamf
~ :bamf out
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I have a feeling based on previous replies that my answers are going to be controversial, but here we go.
  1. Keep the Tattoos - I think the tattoos are a brilliant idea.
  2. No Fur - As a half-followup to the item above, I liked what they had in the movie. Fur is nice but I preferred what they had.
  3. Uniform - The gypsy clothes were... interesting, but I'd prefer a uniform. Especially if he's supposed to fit in, which he should. :mad
  4. More Screentime - I loved "MovieKurt" more than any comic-book version. But as always, the character I loved was on the least. More, please!
  5. Teeth - I personally like his teeth. But fangs would be good.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
But fangs would be good.
[/list]
I can live with the tatoos, but I would much prefer it if they adopted comic book Kurt's Fangs instead. Didnt really like the 'shark-teeth' at all.

Every time Kurt was on the screen it was electrifying and I can remember more than one movie critic saying that the character 'stole the show' . Despite the perpetual WOLVERINE focus I think that more screen time and action for NIGHTCRAWLER is a given! :)

B A M F !
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Confidence.
He needs his cocky confidence from the books. It doenst fit haveing someone who is an international performer be so timid and quivery.
That is one of Kurt's best atributes, his self confidence, and love of the skin he is in. Serriously, he very seldom lamments his appearence, and ususally is very proud of it. That is why he is a ladies man. And that is part of why he is good freinds with Logan. They have both seen too much of this world.

As far as the pj looking pants, I dont think that is very cool, because it connotates inmates in concentration camps during the holocaust to many people.

Team work. He needs to get out there in some battles, and work with Logan et al in some of the awsome team plays they do together. His Bamf effect was easily the cooolest power they have shown so far.

Some slick new rags, some bravado, and some of the ol comraderie shown in the books would revitalize an already good character design.

That and have A. C. do some weight lifting.
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Well...now that Bryan Singer's gone off to do Superman and we might get a director who's not Wolvie obssessed...I'd like to see Kurt display the sum of his parts...yes he's got faith, but it's not the be all and end all of him...it's just a tiny facet...let's see the charm, the wit, the swashbuckling goodness...they said they gave Alan the part because of his humour and comic timing...let him show it!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Destiny »

don't let him get it on wit storm!!!!!!! it would ruin my kinky fantisies!!!!!
:love

but do let him teleport out of the shower wet and naked accidently into the middle of a convorsation between storm and rouge!!!! that would be so funny
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Don' put him in a relationship with Storm! He's way too good for her.:love
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance