Lauren's Stories!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

No, I wouldn't. and I'm sorry that it's not coming in sincere, but I AM sorry for writing the story. It's just not easy I guess in conveying the sincerity of the apology in first person I suppose, but I AM sorry for writing the story and I understand why it was taken off. It was tasteless and on the really rude side of things.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I love the Sheck story, esp. this part
originally posted by Lauren

Instead, she found him standing in the middle of the room wearing nothing but his musketeer hat with the long blue feather and his matching boots.

“Tremble if you dare.” He said in an imitation of Antonio Banderas’ voice acting of Puss in Boots. “For you face… Elf in Boots!”
:naughtyThat is so.....what is the word....*mind trys to go to gutter* CUTE!! *sneaks in sexy!*
one name: Bruce Campbell
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

The Rest of Brian's Day

Post by Lauren »

Brian Singer was sleeping on his couch, having dosed off while watching some TV, after writing a first draft for his debut issue of Ultimate X-men.

“Brian?”

“Mmm?”

“I need to talk you to, mate.”

“Of course I’ll do it.”

“What?”

“Ten X-men movies? We can pull that off.” Brian murmured, rolling over slightly. “Of course we can… Get the butter and I’ll get the penguin and we’ll get the script done in no time.”

Brian woke with a start when he was kicked off of the couch.

“What the...?” Looking up, he sighed and rolled his eyes. “What is it, Toad?” Toad was perched on the couch, twirling a strand of hair around one grimy finger.

“It’s about your next movie.” He said.

“Yeah?”

“Can you put me in it?” Groaning, Brian got to his feet and smoothed out his shirt and jeans.

“You came all this way just to ask to be in the next movie?!” he cried in exasperation.

“Well why the hell wasn’t I in the second one?” Toad asked, placing his hands on his hips. Groaning, Brian pinched the bridge of his nose.

“We’ve gone over this before.” He said.

“Well why not?”

“We did have you in, but we had to edit some things for the final shoot and your fight scene with Kurt was cut out all right? Deal with it, Toad!”

“Well how’s Magneto supposed to cope with things without his Toad there to help him?” Toad asked, following Brian into the kitchen.

“Magneto has Mystique.” Toad snorted, shaking his head a bit.

“Blue whore.” He muttered.

“Better not let her hear you say that.” Brian warned. “She’d rip you apart.”

“Well I think that the third movie would be much better with yours truly in it this time around.” Toad insisted. “And if you don’t agree I can always make you agree.”

“Toad, I’m going to let you threaten me to put you in the movie.”

“You let Nightcrawler.” Toad pointed out.

“That’s because he actually has a chance of beating me. You? I don’t think so.”

Toad whapped him upside the head with his tongue out of nowhere.

“Ow!”

“See? I can take you.” Toad said, smiling smugly. Rubbing the back of his head, Brian narrowed his eyes as he tried to think himself out of this.

“I’ll think about it, how about that?”

THWAP

“Stop hitting me!”

THWAP

“Give me a part in the movie.”

“Oh you little shi…”

THWA…

Brian reached out and grabbed Toad’s tongue as it came speeding at his head once more. Smiling, he twisted it around and proceeded to tie it to the windowsill.

Then he slammed the window down hard.

“Now you just stay put.” He said, ignoring Toad’s muffled yells for help. “I’ve got a lunch date with Xavier and Magneto in a half hour and I can’t be late.” With that, he left Toad in the kitchen and went to his bedroom to get ready.

These damned people! First he had Kurt threatening him and now he has Toad going at him! He had no doubt that Xavier and Magneto would try to give him some tips for the third movie as well.

Brian shook his head, growling softly to himself.

He wouldn’t have agreed to make the movies if he had known that the actual people would bother him about it so much!

He had been right.

Sighing, Brian leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table as he rubbed his temples gently.

Twenty minutes into their lunch date, and he was all ready getting critiques and advice from Magneto and Xavier.

“I don’t think we’re asking for much, Brian.” Xavier said. “Don’t you agree?” he asked Magneto.

“Oh yes.” Magneto nodded. “All we suggested was for you to put in more scenes with my friend Charles and I talking together. That’s all the first two needed to make them really great.”

“People liked them without the two of you talking to each other the whole time.” Brian pointed out. Xavier coughed softly.

“Well, if you would beg pardon.” He said. “But I think they would have been much BETTER if you HAD put in more scenes with the two of us.” He said. He narrowed his eyes slightly, trying to delve into Brian’s mind. “Don’t you agree?”

“Don’t even try it.” Brian said, concentrating a bit and throwing Charles out of his mind. “You were trying to pull a Jedi Force move on me weren’t you?” he asked. “Well it’s not going to work and besides, why do you WANT so many scenes anyway?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow at the two slightly. “Is there something you want to tell me?”

The two started to bluster, interrupting each other as they tried to wipe all suspicions from Brian’s mind.

“What? We’re dating? Don’t be ridiculous!” Magneto cried, laughing weakly. “We’re just old friends!” he said.

“Exactly! It’s those fanfic writers who have been making it seem that we are!” Charles nodded. Brian slowly smiled.

“I never said that the two of you WERE going out.” He pointed out. “You two brought that up yourselves!” The two sat dumbstruck, looking at each other nervously.

“Erm… I have to go… Do something…” Magneto stammered searching for an excuse as he got to his feet.

“What do you have to do?” Brian asked with a smirk.

“Um… I have to go and… Destroy a city… YES! Yes, I must get my Brotherhood together and destroy a city. It’s in my schedule you see! Um, bye!” Xavier decided to use this as his own excuse for leaving in a hurry.

“Yes! I need to go and stop him now with my X-men! See you!”

Laughing, Brian shook his head, raising his hand up for the check.

That had been just too easy.

When Brian had come home from his lunch date, he finally let Toad go with a swift kick in the pants to keep him from coming back to get his revenge on the director. When that was done, he went back to his writing and such until it was nine at night.

He was in the bath, bubbles surrounding him lazily. His face was covered in a skin smoothing lotion, with two cucumbers over his eyes. He had been really aggravated the whole day through, with Kurt’s attack, Toad’s attack, and finally Xavier and Magneto’s stupid suggestions for the third film. He just needed to cleanse and purge his body from all of the negativity.

Candles were all around the room, each one sending cleansing and sweet smelling smoke into the air.

Brian was on the verge of falling asleep when all of the lights on the candles melded into one large sphere of fire.

Brian didn’t even open his eyes.

“Hello, Pyro.” He sighed softly.

“You made me into a total prick!” Pyro raged angrily, banging the door open.

“Hmm, too much of a resemblance?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow and keeping his eyes closed. He ignored the fire that surrounded his tub. “My bath is hot enough thanks.” He said.

“You had better change that for the third movie!” Pyro said.

“You’re on the bad guy’s side.” Brian said, removing the cucumbers finally and looking at him. “You were a prick when you first joined them weren’t you?”

“Yeah… well… Come on, man!”

“Sorry.” Brian said, going back to relaxing. “I’m going by what I know about you, and what I know about you is that you were a prick when you joined the Brotherhood. It’s as simple as that, Pyro!”

“Can’t you just make me a little nice?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“You’ll think about it?! Why not, you’ll do it?” Pyro demanded, the fireball slowly separating and going back onto each candle.

“Pyro, I’m the one making the movie remember? I choose what happens. Don’t make me have Bobby destroy you.”

“What!?”

“You’re ruining my meditation. I think that’ll make you a total wuss in the third movie.” Brian said, smiling evilly. “But if you want to look cool in the third movie…”

“Yes?” Pyro asked excitedly.

“I’m a little peckish at the moment.” Brian said. “Go in my kitchen and make me something would you? There’s a lad.”

As Pyro ran out of the room to make Brian a snack, Brian slowly cracked his neck and back a bit before he settled back down to relax.

Maybe this whole director thing could be turned to something in his favor…

Brian slowly smiled evilly, snickering to himself.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

that one was just to finish off the brian story from before with him and kurt...

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by SheCat »

That's so funny, Lauren, but I liked Movie Pyro...so sexy...wow, Aaron Stanford...:love

Yes, Toad should be in the next movie. :D
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:oPoor Toad, although I would absolutely love to see him in x3. Ray Park is hot *not like Alan though*
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

Heh. Yeah, I read the script for the cut fight scene, and I was sad that they took it out. It kicked ass. ^_^ Heheh. Loved Xavier & Magneto's reactions... :smirk
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

That Night...

Post by Lauren »

Brian had finally gone to bed after he made Pyro do all of his chores and make him a few more snacks before he let him go with a promise that his movie version would be cool in the third movie.

What Brian failed to mention was the possibility that he wouldn’t be in it, but he didn’t think that Pyro needed to hear that, especially after he forced him to clean and wash his whole garage out from top to bottom.

Placing his blanket over him, Brian yawned and he went to sleep almost at once, softly snoring.

He was woken up a few hours later by a loud booming noise that caused his whole house to shake.

“What the..?” Sitting up, Brian rubbed the sleep from his eyes and he looked out the window, groaning softly at the sight that he saw in the distance.

“Crap…” he muttered, getting to his feet quickly. Putting on his soft and pink fluffy slippers and sleeping robe, he ran outside and waited on the sidewalk, cursing himself softly.

He should have known this would happen. Some of these comic characters could get testy when it came to being in a movie and such.

But why hadn’t he thought of giving this one a cameo, knowing how bad his temper was with things.

Juggernaut stormed up the road in full armor, ignoring the cars that drove by. He backhanded one that was coming at him, sending it flying into a house in a burst of flames.

When he saw Brian, he narrowed his eyes and went straight towards him, clenching his fists tightly.

“Hello, Cain.” Brian said, trying not to find as afraid as he was feeling at the moment. “Lovely night isn’t it?”

Juggernaut picked him up with one hand by the middle, raising him up so that they were eye to eye. Brian laughed nervously, slowly buffing the metal knuckles.

“Armor needs a little polish.” He said lamely.

“Why haven’t you put me in the movies yet?” Juggernaut demanded, nearly bowling Brian over with his booming voice. He smiled weakly, trying to think up something on the spot.

“I’m… saving the best for last?” he tried weakly.

“Try again, worm.” Cain warned, narrowing his eyes. “I could always smash you!”

“But if you smashed me, I couldn’t put you in the third movie now could I?” Brian asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly.

“I can deal with that.” Cain said with an evil smile. Gulping, Brian looked around swiftly.

“Listen, Cain.” He started. “Can I call you Cain? Of course I can. Anyway… Why are you in such a rush? I mean; there’s going to be a number four. I could always put you in that one if you wanted.”

“Not soon enough.”

“Let’s be reasonable here…”

“Have I ever been known to be reasonable?” Brian sighed sadly, his shoulders slumping a bit.

“No, no you haven’t have you?” he asked. “But there’s always a time for some change right?”

“Put me in the third movie.”

“But I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I have to deal with the Phoenix first.” Brian explained. “It wouldn’t do anyone any good to show the Phoenix in the ending of the second and NOT put it as the main thing in the third now would it?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly.

Slowly, Juggernaut set him back down on the ground.

“No, I suppose not.” He agreed finally. “But I still want to be in the third movie.” He said. “Even if I’m not the main thing.”

“Well, what would you like?” Brian asked, crossing his arms over his chest. This was starting to get interesting in all actuality. Cain plopped down in front of Brian, making the ground tremble slightly.

“Nothing fancy.” He said. “I never held with that whole fancy talking crap.”

“ ‘Nobody stops the Juggernaut.’” Brian quoted.

“I never said that in real life. I guess someone thought it would make me look cooler or something, I don’t know.” Cain shrugged a bit, removing his helmet and smoothing out his auburn hair a bit.

“Maybe you could start with a fight between me and the X-men.” He said finally. “Show off Colossus’ power or Nightcrawler’s or something you know?” he asked. “I’d lose in the end, but you could have this whole scene where all this stuff get blown up and set on fire!” He eyes blazed slightly as he slammed a fist into his open palm.

“Really get the scene going, you know?” he asked. Brian tilted his head to one side, smiling faintly at the idea.

“Maybe we could have the Brotherhood show up to help you.” He said slowly. “Show off everyone’s power at once!” Cain shrugged a bit.

“Maybe!” he said. Brian smiled, his eyes lighting up with the spark of creation.

“That could work,” he said softly. “I mean, people loved the opening with Nightcrawler fighting those Special Forces guys, why not have an all out brawl with you and the Brotherhood versus the X-men!

Yes, I can just see it now in fact.” Slowly, Brian started to pace back and forth, his hands behind his back and his head bowed slightly as he thought about it and got more excited each time.

“We could make millions!” he laughed, clapping his hands together once. He pointed to Cain, smiling. “You’d help with the choreography and the special effects for that.” He said.

“Sure.” Cain nodded.

For the rest of the night, Brian and Cain planned out their opening sequence for the third movie.

All they had to do now was get it approved by the higher ups.

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“But…”

“No.”

“Would you just…”

“No.”

“I’m the director of this film!”

“And we’re the ones who give you the money to make it. We’re not giving you that much money!”

“Why the hell not?”

“Watch your mouth.”

“Hell. Hell. Hell!” Brian raged, placing his hands on his hips. His bosses were giving him problems with approving the budget for the opening sequence, and he was starting to get really annoyed.

“You gave me this much last time for the Nightcrawler fight scene in the beginning!” he pointed out.

“Times change.”

“How so?” he demanded.

“Look, we just can’t give you this much money, Brian.”

“We have plenty for it! You just don’t want to give it for some reason! I bet Colombia pictures didn’t give the folks for Spiderman this much trouble!”

“That’s because Spiderman was a big hit.”

“And the X-men weren’t?”

“Not as big as Spiderman, no. We can’t afford to give you this much, Brian. Just deal with it.” Narrowing his eyes, Brian slowly thought of something, and he smiled evilly as he shrugged a bit. Calmly, he took out his cell phone and he pressed speed dial.

“Three minutes.” He said before hanging up. “Gentlemen, I wish to inform you that I have found someone to help me with the opening sequence of the movie. He should be arriving shortly. I warn you, keep your hands tightly on the arms of your chairs.”

“Why do we need to do that?”

A fist smashed through the wall, sending debris everywhere. Calmly, Cain came in wearing a suit and tie. Brushing off some of the dust, he stood slightly behind Brian, placing his hands behind his back as he looked at the higher ups and smiled faintly.

“Gentlemen, meet Cain; otherwise known as Juggernaut.” Brian said, smiling up at him. “Now, shall we talk more about my proposed budget?”

They passed it without further problems.

Brian was starting to see the benefits of making movies for Marvel.

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by SheCat »

That's so funny. :D I love Cain *huggles the bad-tempered brute*
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

:LMAO Wow, suddenly I can see Cain in a whole new light! ^_^ Hahaha, I love this! Don't forget to add a scene with Mystique complaining that she's naked! :D *gives Lauren sempai an offering of chunky chocolate chip cookies so that she may write more* :bow

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Naked Women, Cajuns, and Logan Oh My!

Post by Lauren »

A week later, when Brian came home to rest for a while, he found two people waiting in the dining room for him to come.

Mystique and Remy were both sitting at the table, sipping calmly from Brian’s teacups with the pink daises painted on them.

“What is it now?” he asked with a sigh. Mystique looked up angrily, her yellow eyes blazing.

“Why am I naked in your movies?” she demanded. “That is utterly disgusting and sexist, Brian! You need to change it for movie three!”

“Oui!” Remy nodded. “An’ why isn’ the ragin’ Cajun in your movies yet?” Sighing, Brian slowly rubbed his temples.

“Can we do this one at a time?” he asked.

“Fine.” Mystique nodded. “I go first.”

“What? I go first!” Remy said, getting to his feet angrily. Mystique snorted softly.

“What could you possibly have to gripe about that’s more important than my problem?” she asked.

“I’m not even in the movies yet!” Remy shouted. Mystique snorted and waved a hand dismissively.

“No big loss.” She said.

“WHAT?”

“You heard me.”

“Take that back!”

“Guys?”

“You can’t make me, street rat!” Mystique said, narrowing her eyes dangerously. “And I would like to see you try it too!”

“Oh I’ll make you all right!”

“If any of you need me… I’ll be in my room sleeping.” Brian said, climbing the stairs as Mystique and Remy had an all out battle in his dining room to see who could talk to him first.

The next morning, Brian climbed down the stairs and found both of them knocked out on the ground. Shrugging, he carried them outside and dumped them on the curb with the trashcans.

“That takes care of that.” He said.

“Not quite.”

“I was wondering when you would show up.” Brian said, holding the door open for Logan as he came inside. Closing the door, he leaned on it and crossed his arms over his chest.

“What’s your gripe with my movies, Wolverine?” he asked.

“It’s Hugh!” Logan cried angrily. Brian cocked an eyebrow slightly.

“Hugh? But he’s such a bad ass when he plays you. He was pretty good in Van Helsing* you know.” Logan snorted softly, having read the reviews in the newspapers about that thing.

“It’s not that.” He said.

“Then what is it?” Brian asked.

“Those damned musicals he’s in!” Logan cried. “First he was in Oklahoma and now he’s in The Boy From Oz! I can’t take it anymore?”

“What’s wrong with musicals?”

“Nothing, unless Hugh is in ‘em! Do you know how many people have pointed at me and laughed at me for it! They make me look like a pansy when Hugh goes to another musical!”

“Well I can’t make him stop doing them.” Brian said. “Sorry.”

“Can’t you just talk to him about it?” Logan asked, placing his hands on his hips. His eyes started to water slightly. “It’s making me look bad…” Before Brian could say something, he burst into tears.

“Umm…”

“ I work so hard on my image, you know? And he’s ruining my tough guy image with these musicals of his. Kurt’s ok with Alan; Kurt doesn’t have such a tough guy persona in the comics but I do and it’s really killing my rep with people coming up to me all of the time and asking me to sing and dance for them!”

Brian could only stand there and stare at the sobbing Logan for a few moments before he finally snapped out of it and gently hugged him, rubbing his back a bit.

“There there.” He said, patting his back a bit. “Everything will be all right, Logan. It’s just Hugh’s rep that has the musicals. Anyone who can’ see that is an idiot. Not everyone sees you with the same rep that Hugh has.” Logan sniffled softly, wiping his eyes a bit.

“But will you at least talk to him about it?” he asked. Smiling, Brian nodded a bit.

“Of course I will.” He said.

When Logan left, Brian shut the door and burst into laughter.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Mending Lives

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: If you go to Bamf Central, there’s a link to Comics Continuum’s preview of the next issue of UXM 445. I read it, and I regret it because… a plot bunny was lying in wait! Yes, right after I clicked on the last page, BAM! Plot bunnies on my face biting at me without mercy! I tried to hold them off, I swear I did but those bastards wouldn’t get off! I tried and I tried, but they finally got to me!

Damn plot bunnies… So this little thing is their entire fault! Evil little bunny things…

Anyway, the idea that Kurt is upset that something went wrong is from the preview of 445… I don’t want to give away too much really. But the premise that something goes wrong and Kurt is upset is Chris Claremont and Alan Davis’ idea. The thing that ACTUALLY goes wrong for them is different from what goes wrong in this story.

If you want to know what THEY have to upset Kurt with, look at the preview and then when it comes out Wednesday; buy it. But watch out for those damned plot bunnies when you look at the preview! They can be sneaky little bastards!

Oh and one more thing, some of the dialogue between Kurt and the Reverend will be from issue 75 of Excalibur, when Kurt goes to make confession!

And I used SheCat’s argument about the Emma/Scott debate!

On with the Plot Bunny induced story!

It wasn’t supposed to happen that way.

Tilting his head back, Kurt let bitter tears fall as he stared up at the ceiling of the local chapel, the rosary in his hands twisting in his hands absently.

He’d been in there for a good five hours now, having come after the incident had occurred. He had prayed fervently for the first three hours, trying to make sense out of the events that had transpired and yet, he still did not feel any better about what had happened out there with his team and the crisis they were trying to solve.

“Kurt?” Looking to his left, Kurt saw Reverend Whedon looking at him with concern written all over his kindly old face. Sighing, he flopped his tail on the pew beside him, going back to staring at the ceiling. Reverend Whedon sat down beside him, letting silence hang in the air for a few minutes before he decided to break it and get to the heart of the situation.

“Something is troubling you, Kurt.” He said. “What’s wrong?”

“We had a mission today.” Kurt said, his voice starting to crack. “I… A child is dead, Reverend Whedon. Dead because of what she was born as.”

“A mutant.” Reverend Whedon said in a tone that was not quite a question. Kurt nodded, fresh tears burning his eyes and falling down the sides of his eyes. He kept his head tilted up, staring at the ceiling the entire time.

“She was starting to grow a horn in the center of her brow like a Unicorn’s.” he said softly. “Her parents had driven her out of the house, and she was forced to steal for her meals…

“These people, they had her surrounded and were pelting her with stones. They were shouting such hateful things, Reverend. This caused Mutants around the area to turn on them and attack, causing a mob scene of Human and Mutant hatred alike exploding into violence.

“We came in just as the police’s riot forces were running through the crowd and arresting people from both sides. We offered to help them, saying that we could deal with the Mutants, but they refused claiming that we would most likely just arrest the Humans and let the Mutants go. They held us off for so long…”

Then he fell silent, his face becoming blank, despite the tears that continued to fall. Only his tail expressed his feelings, twisting and turning in agony.

“What happened next, Kurt?” Reverend Whedon asked gently.

“Someone drew a gun.” Kurt whispered softly. “We heard a shot, and that’s when everyone turned and ran for it. The child… She was dead when I got to her… The bullet had gone through her right eye and out the back of her head… There was so much blood…

“The police blamed us for this, saying that we had distracted them from doing their duty… We were forced to run before they could clap us in irons and haul us away.

“I’ve been here ever since, Reverend.” He ended finally. Slowly, Kurt sat up, bowing his head and looking down at his rosary. It was made from red cherry wood beads with a silver cross on the end. Margali had given it to him when he was six, despite the fact that she didn’t believe in it herself.

“I’m so sorry, Kurt…” Reverend Whedon said softly, unable to think of what else to say.

“I know, I… know. But why must we go through this Hell to get to Heaven? When will it end?” he asked, looking ahead at the giant Crucifix hanging over the altar. Reverend Whedon sighed softly, shaking his head a bit.

“If you mean Man’s fear of what’s different, his hatred for what’s hard to understand- - Soon, I pray. On that day, our faith promises there will be no more crying. No more hate. And no more fear. I’m afraid I have no immediate answers, my son. Until that day, we can only stay strong and not tire of doing good.” He said finally. Slowly, Kurt narrowed his eyes, his hands becoming fists.

“That’s not good enough!” he hissed softly, surprising Reverend Whedon by standing up and turning on him with such rage in his eyes. “Why must we suffer now just because God is too damn lazy to get off His fat ass and do something NOW about the evils going on in the world?”

“Kurt…”

“Why didn’t He do something when Genosha and all sixteen million inhabitants were slaughtered? Why didn’t He step in when this innocent child was slain! What about 9/11? He’s had plenty of chances to do something about these evils, and yet He sits back and watches from a distance like that horrible Bette Midler song!” Kurt shouted, his voice echoing all around.

“Kurt, you must calm yourself and understand…” Reverend Whedon tried. With a snort, Kurt walked past him and stalked up the aisle to the front doors that led outside.

“I’m through with this, Reverend!” he said, turning back to him. “I’m through with fighting for these bastards who don’t try to change, I’m through with seeing people suffer, and I’m through with this if He doesn’t even do anything when people are slaughtered in HIS OWN DAMN HOUSE!” He screamed, remembering Father Whitney and the Church of Humanity.

Looking at the rosary in his hand, Kurt narrowed his eyes, clenching them in a tight fist before he turned and hurled them to the ground, slamming the doors behind him as he left.

Reverend Whedon watched him leave helplessly, shaking his head sadly. Walking up, he saw that the old rosary had shattered from the force at which Kurt had thrown them. Bending down, he carefully picked up the pieces and went into his office to give the mansion a call.

Logan was on the phone with the Reverend when Kurt walked by, a look of determination on his face.

“Kurt, we need to talk.” He said, hanging up the phone. Kurt ignored him, brushing past Scott harshly as he climbed up the stairs to his room.

“What’s wrong with Kurt?” Scott asked, cocking an eyebrow. Logan shook his head a bit.

“That was the Reverend on the phone before.” He said. “He says that Kurt’s really upset over the girl that was killed at that riot this morning.”

“Oh dear.” Scott sighed softly, placing his hands on his hips. “I wish the professor still lived here. He could always talk to Kurt when he didn’t want to talk to any of us about his problems.” Logan nodded sadly.

“I can’t argue with you there, One-Eye.” He said. “Sometimes I wonder if Chuck did the right thing by leaving the mansion.”

When Kurt came back down, he had a large bag slung over his one shoulder and his three uniforms in his other hand. He had his old one from when he first joined the X-men, the leather one they had taken to wearing for a while, and the new spandex ones they had started to wear.

Without a word, he threw them in Scott’s lap.

“Kurt, what is this?” Scott asked, standing up and looking at the uniforms in confusion.

“My resignation papers.” Kurt said blankly, heading for the front door.

“You’re leaving? But…”

“Oh let the little half-demon go.” Emma said silkily, her hand taking Scott’s hands firmly. “We can do just as well without him.” Kurt ignored the stab, continuing on his way in silence.

“He’s not half-demon.” Scott said angrily. “His father’s a Mutant like his mother.” Emma shrugged, putting on his ultimate slutty best for Scott.

“I forget that sometimes.” She said. “But whatever he is, we don’t need him. We have so many others that can help…” She used her powers to tilt Scott in her favor, and he soon was sitting back on the couch with her, accepting the fact that they didn’t really need Kurt after all.

She could twist Scott to her way, but she couldn’t twist Logan to her way.

Narrowing his eyes, Logan ran after Kurt and caught him by the elbow, just as he was getting ready to get into one of the cars.

“Let go of me.” Kurt said without looking at him. “I’m through with protecting a bunch of savages!”

“I think there’s some kind of role reversal going on here, Elf.” Logan said. “I’m usually the one trying to leave and you’re the one who gets me to stay instead.”

“My mistake.” Kurt said. “Are you going to let me go or do I have to teleport away from you?”

“You can try.” Logan said. “But I’ll hunt you down if I have to. Why don’t you stay and talk about this?” Kurt shook his head.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” He said. “I’m leaving and that’s final.” With that, he teleported into the car and slammed on the gas, charging through the gates before Logan could do anything to stop him.

Sighing, Logan placed his hands on his hips, shaking his head a bit. He had to do something to try and change Kurt’s mind.

He had to try, but what could he do?

Three Months Later

Nothing had changed; Kurt hadn’t expected it to either. He lived in an apartment, taking care of himself as far as he was concerned. He had given up on prayer; prayer was for the foolish who honestly believed that God cared what they asked for.

Kurt received letters and phone messages from his worried friends and former students from the mansion, but he ignored them, deleting the messages and burning the letters without opening them.

So many years of his life… wasted in protecting those who would never appreciate or care about his and the other’s sacrifices.

He was thinking about this when he heard someone knocking on his door. When he opened it, he tried to slam it shut again, but Logan stopped it with one strong hand and entered the room easily.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily.” He said.

“What do you want?” Kurt snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I want you to come back to the school with me.”

“Never.”

“Kurt…”

“No.”

“Listen…”

“Get out before I teleport your head from your shoulders.” Logan snorted softly, shaking his head.

“You wouldn’t do that to me, Kurt.” He said simply. “You wouldn’t hurt a flea if it was sucking your blood right from your tail!”

“Times change.”

“Tell me about it.” Logan sighed softly. Shaking his head, he shrugged a bit. “I can see that you’re not going back are you?”

“You see right.” Kurt said. “Can you see that I want you out of here too?” he asked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

“Yeah, I do.” Logan snorted softly. Kurt turned around swiftly, his tail swishing in agitation.

“Then get out.” He said. He heard Logan put something down on his table, and then he left his apartment. Turning around, Kurt’s hard eyes softened faintly.

His broken rosary lay on the table, looking forlorn and so very old and neglected.

He remembered the day that he got it, and he remembered how happy he was too. Slowly, he walked up and sat at the table, turning the broken beads in his fingers slowly.

In a way, the rosary represented his life now; shattered and cracked, unable to be fixed.

Or was it?

Slowly, Kurt slid a bead back onto the chain into place. Chains could always be mended, and beads could always be glued gently back together into near perfection once more.

Maybe, just maybe, lives could be mended this way too…

Scott was looking over a few records when someone gently knocked on his door.

“Come in.” he called, without looking up from his work. Slowly, Kurt slipped into the room, looking quite sheepish as he did so.

“Scott?”

“Kurt?” Scott looked up in surprise, and he smiled faintly as he got up. “How the hell have you been? Where have you been?” he asked. Kurt shrugged, waving his questions away with one hand.

“Scott, I was wondering,” he said softly. “Do you… Have my uniforms still?” When Scott nodded, he let out a soft sigh of relief. “I was wondering… I don’t want to go back on missions though but… Can I…”

“Go back to teaching?” Scott offered gently. When Kurt nodded, he smiled and clapped him on the back lightly. “Of course you can! We were all hoping that you would!” Kurt smiled faintly.

“I’m glad about that.” He said softly. “And about the missions?”

“You don’t have to start taking them until you’re ready to.” Scott assured him gently. “I understand what you’re going through.”

But did he? Kurt didn’t think he did, but he appreciated Scott’s understanding about him not wanting to do nay missions for a while. Smiling, he took Scott’s hand before he headed back to his old room.

Emma had turned it into her make-up and accessory room, but with help from Warren, Logan, and Kitty; Kurt turned it back to his old room.

Beside a wooden cross that hung over his bed, Kurt’s rosary hung on a small nail. It had small chips in it, and the chain had small knots in it, but it was intact, and that was all anyone could ask for.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:*)Very moving. Those plot bunnies must have been chewing out your spleen, that was a very strong story.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by SheCat »

Notes on the Brian Singer story - LOL! :*D The Wolvie scene was hilarious...just friggin' hilarious...

Notes on the Mending Lives story - very touching and really, you expressed a lot of the pain they must go through. The rosary was a very nice metaphor. :)

BTW, it Father Whitney and Bette Midler, not Whitley and Beth.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

*sigh* damned bunnies! they wouldn't let go of me! *hides from bunnies*

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:engardeI'll save you*gets ripped apart limb from limb* maybe not. Do they have p-bunny repelant.?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

if they don't, they should make some :hrumph stupid plot bunnies *puts on studded leather armor and arms self with long sword and a scimitar* CHARRGE!

Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

We must use the holy hand grenade! *grabs the grenade* 1... 2... 5! (Three, sir!) ...3!! *launches the holy hand grenade at the plot bunnies* Aw crud... *bunnies regroup in even larger numbers than before* RUN AWAY!!!

:LMAO couldn't resist... Hey, I'm actually writing a story about plot bunnies right now. It was actually a plot bunny that forced me to write it. Damned egotistical little buggers... I'd post it here, but it's very NC-17, and I'm not sure if that's exactly allowed... :blush

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

My cat eats the plot-bunnies I don't like, you want me to lend her to you? Her name's Queen Essy. Just let me know, she says it's okay. And she says to tell Mistress D that Holy Hand Grenades only make more of them. The only way to get rid of them is to write or to have them eaten. Just let me know, Essy doesn't mind me lending her out! Love the latest story by the way! Ya gonna post it on FF.net?
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

I have all ready actually. and I would love to borrow your cat to eat them.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*whips out the economy sized can of PLOT-BUNNY-B-GONE, a type of Raid if you will, and begins to spray plot bunnies* ACH!!! they're still coming *in a drastic effort....* ANYBODY GOT A MATCH:eeevil
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by LadyErin »

*whips a out a box of long wooden matches* I DO!! But will fire really kill them? please, don't give the pryo something to do! *thwaps inner voice of sanity* owies! *wimper*
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

*grabs the matches and takes out a can of hairspray* Flamethrower baby! *sprays can and puts lit match near it, sending a huge flame at the bunnies*

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Hi Mom

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: The only issues I’ve read of Ultimate X-men are 7-12. From what I’ve read in reviews online; Kurt has joined with them (like there was any doubt). The whole business with Hank becoming worm food…*blows raspberry*. Although I will have Northstar on the team, because I likes him! And Kurt’s going to be older too…17 when Weapon X happened, and now 18.

Makes it better for me to have a crush on him! *Wink*

On with the story!

Somewhere in the downtown area:

They had hurt her baby.

She walked down the sidewalk; the only light the street lamps that flicked on and off lazily. Her body swayed slightly, her eyes half open and barely active as she stared straight ahead. Her arms swayed side to side slowly, matching the sway in her crimson hair.

The few people outside watched the drunken looking white woman with the crimson hair without really watching, drunks and druggies usually coming down these streets often.

But Raven’s mind was just as sharp and lucid as if she still had her sanity about her.

She had loved her baby when he came out of her. She had hugged him gently, kissing his fur-covered brow lightly. But then the people had come, and they had tried to hurt her baby. They beat her badly before she could break away and run into the forest to escape their evil words and actions. At one point, the man who said he loved her took a club and smashed her head; snapping her mind instantly.

When she had finally escaped, she looked down at the waterfall and made her choice through her twisted mind’s sense of love. If she was captured, the bad people would try to hurt her baby, and she couldn’t have that now could she? She let her baby drop, knowing that him dying swiftly would be better than letting the bad people hurt him.

Years later, she heard that the X-men had a new member who looked like her baby, so she decided to kill some top security people and go through some computer files. The picture looked like her baby, but he was black instead of blue.

When she dug deeper, she found out why, and the sanity that was slowly starting to build up smashed apart again, and she almost forgot how to walk, let alone how to kill.

She printed out every single member of that S.H.I.E.L.D division’s information, their names, and addresses and family members and their addresses.

She was going to make them all suffer for hurting her baby.

Raven stopped when she reached the house and she slowly walked up the stairs, still moving as if she was drunk or made more out of a breeze than flesh and blood.

She tried to open the door, but it was locked, so she drew her gun and blasted the knob off as she entered, ignoring the screams that issued from the man’s wife and children from the sudden attack.

Doctor Cornelius had experimented on her baby. He had tampered with his body and changed him. He had even been the one to torture him by burning the soles of his feet until he stopped feeling the pain.

Raven decided to make his children suffer first.

She moved like a ghost, ignoring the shouting coming from Cornelius as he threatened to call the police. She shot him in the kneecap to stop him from charging at her and she kicked open his children’s room door wide open.

His wife wailed and tried to grab her, but Raven put one little bullet in her tiny brain, watching as blood and pieces of brain and skull exploded through the back of her head.

Oh, Cornelius had beautiful babies too. There were two of them, huddled in the corner sobbing as she smiled and entered the room, pointing her gun at them.

Their blood painted the walls in large spurts, but they did not pay for her baby’s suffering.

Cornelius was sobbing, trying to grab the phone that was hanging just beyond his reach. He asked her who she was, and why she was doing this to him.

Raven slowly slipped a new clip into her gun, aiming it at his head, her face still as blank as ever.

“You hurt my baby.” She whispered, making his eyes grow wide as she shifted to her default form. “You tortured my baby and made him cry himself to sleep.” As she continued to speak, she pulled the trigger, filling his head with bullets.

“You made him suffer for months from your experiments before he finally hardened his heart to the pain. You ruined my baby.”

When she was done, she dropped the gun and then walked away from the house, picking up the keys to his car on the way out.

Her baby had suffered, and Raven was going to make those sons of bitches pay with their blood.

Meanwhile, at Xavier’s Institute for Gifted Children:

Kurt woke up with a shout, sitting up violently.

He didn’t know why, but he felt like something bad had just happened…and was going to get worse before it ever got better again.

Slowly, he leaned forward, placing a hand on his forehead. When he took it away, he found that it was drenched in sweat.

“What is this feeling?” he whispered softly. “I haven’t felt like this since…” He shut his eyes tightly, pressing the palms of his hands against his temples, trying to shut out the memories from the past.

Mainly, the memories he received from being part of the Weapon X program.

“That’s behind me now.” He whispered softly. “I’m not that child anymore! I don’t wet the bed!”

Growling softly to himself, Kurt got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. He went to the sink and let the hot water run for a few moments before he cupped his hands under it and splashed his face, trying to clear up his mind.

Spitting out some water, he turned the facet and stopped the water flow. Sighing softly, he looked up at the mirror.

He hated his looks, though he would never say so to the others. It wasn’t the fact that he was born with the looks of a demon or an Elf, but the fact that those bastards at Shield had changed him, and made him breathe out yellow brimstone that constantly made him smell horrible, and they had taken away his cobalt blue fur and hair and changed it onyx black.

He couldn’t change this, and it drove him mad.

“I don’t have time for this.” He whispered, still staring at his reflection. As his tail flicked in frustration, he turned and went back to bed to have a dreamless slumber for the rest of the night.

Outside the mansion:

This was the place where her baby was said to be.

Raven tilted her head to one side, blinking a bit.

It was a big place; the man who owned it must be very rich; maybe as rich as the man who said he loved her so many years ago.

Her hands were stained with the blood of the people who had made her baby suffer. There were still two families left to deal with, but they could wait.

She wanted to see her baby first.

The next day:

“Look out!”

“Wha…Ack!” Hank was immediately drenched with ice cold water. Snarling, he got to his feet and turned on Bobby, who was standing dumbstruck with an empty bucket in his hands.

“Robert Drake!”

“I didn’t do it!” Bobby cried, dropping the bucket. “I swear it, Hank!” Growling deep in his throat, Hank placed his hands on his hips.

“You’re holding the bucket!” Hank pointed out.

“But…”

“And you’re the one who has ice power!”

“But…”

“So take this!” Before Bobby could run off, Hank grabbed him and put him in a headlock, giving him a hard noogie for the alleged splashing.

Kurt was waiting in the living room, looking innocent as he watched the five o’clock news.

Jean-Paul appeared in a blur of colors, sitting down beside him calmly.

“Did you do it?” Kurt asked.

“Hank’s in there right now beating the crap out of Drake.” Jean-Paul said. The two looked at each other for a moment, and then proceeded to burst into laughter.

Until a news flash cut through their fun.

“Sources have no clues as to who this serial killer is, or whether or not it is indeed a serial killer at all. All witnesses say they saw a different looking person entering the victim’s homes.

“However, the police have not ruled out the possibility that these murders are connected due to the fact that every murder was done the same way.

“The killer or killers has targeted all members of S.H.I.E.L.D that took part in a mission that has not been disclosed to the public yet.

“Police speculate that Mutants may be involved…”

“Oh of course they do.” Ororo hissed, leaning on the couch and narrowing her eyes slightly. “They always blame Mutants when they can’t figure something out!” Kurt let out a sigh, a long line of brimstone flowing from his lips.

“Ororo…”

X-men, meet me in my study…now.

Kurt sighed, getting to his feet and flicking the TV off.

“I think the Professor has an answer to this all ready.” He said, getting to his feet.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

Ooh! Mommy Mystique murders many! (heh, I like alliteration) I can't wait for more!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love