Looking for a few good writers

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Saw another RP-type thing here earlier and I figured, 'what the heck, it's all about finding writers.'

In any case, ProjectBayville, a new bulletin-board based Evo-RPG is now up and running. We have a really impressive group of writers, but we're still looking for some more good people to fill the remaining slots.

Characters still available are: Havok (come on, this boy's fun), Berserker, Toad, Blob, Multiple, Magma, Pyro (who can resist a little insanity with St. John?), Sunspot, Spyke, Leech and the ever-popular Angel. The adults (with the exception of the Prof) will probably be made available later in the game to people we feel will be able to do a good job using them to further the plot and maintain the kind of atmosphere we're looking for in the game.

This is a mature game folks, and that doesn't necessarily mean smut-galore (thought that is allowed with suitable warnings if you can't restrain yourself ;) ). It means we're looking for people who can manage good, consistent characterization and are willing to put in the effort to come up with a thorough and believable backstory.

This is Evo folks, it means you can use as much canon as you like but can fill in the blanks from your own imagination. We do require that you stick to anything that was specifically shown in the series, but beyond that it's all up to you. Just read some of the awesome backstories in our character biographies section to see what I mean.

We're still just in the beginning, 'getting to know you' stages, in factsome parts of the board are still under 'construction', so you haven't missed much if you join now. Our first 'plot' won't actually begin for at least a week or so.

Everyone who's playing so far is having a blast and, like I said, we've got some really good talent. Come on over to the board and check it out. Even if you don't want to play, you should get a few chuckles out of reading. :)

http://b7.ezboard.com/bprojectbayville
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by John Doe »

Evo? Hmm, I love being the rather rude and dismissive Comic Angel, but Evo Angel wasn't so good. And by the way, Leech wasn't in Evo, was he?

If it's Evo, I could be Toad... can I join in this shindig? And do I just head on over and sign up or sign up here..?
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Leech was actually introduced in season four and was instrumental in defeating Apocalypse. If you're interested in joining the game, follow the link and check out the guidelines in the Application forum.

Thanks for your interest.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

What about Callisto? Is she taken yet? If she's not, could I please play her? I really like her!
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

If I may ask, is there a position for a writer who doesn't really know enough about x-men to play a character? What I mean is, are there non-character positions that could be filled? This looks like something I would be very interested in becoming a part of, but I would feel very awkward taking on the role of an x-men. I've been rping for almost 7 years now and have been the main dm for our group for 3 or 4 years so I have a little bit of experience. Perhaps if there is a position consulting on plot or helping with villains (OC or otherwise, being evil is just a gift).
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

God, I'd just love to RP Pyro. Please say no one beat me to him...!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by John Doe »

Hmm, I just checked it out. Tough to do with me at school, jamming w/ band, homework, writing fics, etc. But maybe next weekend or during this week I could slowly fill out an app. for Toad. I rp'd for almost a year now and have done pretty well at it, but maybe this should shake the role rust off of my keyboards.

They beat Apocalypse? See, I think I missed the last few Apocalypse episodes and eventually was very sad that it went off the air. But I had no idea that they defeated him. Either way, I didn't see him, thus I've no idea how to RP him.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Like I said before, anyone who's interested in applying is welcome. Just check out the link and look in the Character Application forum. There are quite a few left.

Keep in mind that just because the NMs were totally peripheral for most of the show, it doesn't mean they have to be in an RP. I'm in a journal based RP where the New Mutants are a huge part of what's going on because we're the ones cooking up the cool sub-plots and having all the fun character interactions. The same can easily be true of this game - we have some wonderful players for Sam, Rahne, Jubes, Dani, etc.... Picking up Roberto, Amara, Ray or Alex could be a real blast.

If you don't want a huge time commitment, then one of the younger characters could easily be played in such a way as to require less time investment than the others but could still be lots of fun and get involved with the other characters when you wanted - and just how much fun could Jamie be if you worked on him, eh?

Anyway, check it out if you're interested. Give some of the threads a read-through, see if there's anyone available you might be interested in and send us an app. It's loads of fun.

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Thought I'd post once more here, as we've recently had a character come available that someone might be interested in. Cyclops is now back on the available list. He is being played by my co-mod until we can fill the spot again. Our Jean is a really good writer, so if anyone's interested in Scooter - or Ray, Roberto, Warren, etc... - come check it out.

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Well, we're almost there for phase one! If anyone's interested we do still have Berserker, Spyke and Leech available, but that's it for now. Come on over and check it out, even if you aren't interested in playing, some of the threads make for a pretty entertaining read!

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

...and bumping this up again b/c we have a new opening. Our Freddy is no more, he just couldn't keep up with the game, so we need a new one. He could be a lot of fun in the right hands and the BH will shortly be getting SHIELD backing so it will be much more fun to be playing with them. Come on, you know you wanta! :D
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

And for anyone who might be considering apping the big guy, we've set an application deadline of this Friday, August 27.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

And me again. We've got Freddy filled but we are now looking for someone with good writing skills who would be interested in taking over Piotr. Our Colossus player just didn't have enough time to make it work and has had to give up the character. He's part of the main focus of the game's current plot and should be alot of fun to take over. Come on over and check things out if you're interested in the big guy!

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Aaaaand another hunt for writers...though for a different game this time. Brand new (opening January 5th) Ultimate based game. Somewhat of an A/U in that we are using The Tomorrow People through Blockbuster but have altered some minor details (Hank is neither a moron nor dead, Logan is not and has never been obsessed with Jean, Rogue joined the X-Men immediately following The Return to Weapon X...). We have a great group of players already put together and currently only need a player for Storm, though other canon characters only will eventually come open.

There are a few bios already posted, a few 'practice' threads going and the planning for the first plot has begun - a mission to rescue Jean-Paul Beaubier and Pietro Maximoff from the FOH.

If you're at all interested, come check us out at http://p205.ezboard.com/baberrantevolution Hopefully it'll be a good read even if you don't want to play....