Nightcrawler Picture

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by Rowena »

This is a picture I drew of Nightcrawler from the comics. I used the X-Men Encyclopedia as a model for this image, but I drew it by hand. I colored it with colored pencils and crayons.

Please let me know what you think of him! :D

P.S. That's supposed to be a BAMF effect in the background. It didn't come out quite right. Hope it's not too cheezy!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by Sorte Springer »

Is constructive critisism OK with you?
You obviously have talent, but somethings clould be improved.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by Rowena »

Of course constructive criticism is OK with me!!!!!!! That's the main reason I post my stuff here! What could be improved??? I've never had a real art lesson, so any advice or tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by John Doe »

I'd say make a more explosive gray-black-yellow-dusty red BAMF effect. Yours just looked like the artistic elevator muzak.

Your picture looks very old-school. I like the wholly golden eyes. Were you going for the old-school effect or just the general old-school (I love that term) appearance? I think if you're going for old-school appearance and new-school effect, sharpen his features and define everything a bit more, and add shadows and dimensions. However, if you're going for the old-school difecta (not that that's a word) then I dig it! Just change the BAMF.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think his hair would cast that much shadow. My hair's longer than his is in that picture and it casts less shadow. Plus, the goatee looks more like a cut or some strange snail-like creature on his chin. Fluff it a bit more.
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by shakspear »

I agree with John....lighten up the shading and the goatee does look like a cut...I would fill it out more. You do have talent!:D
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by Rowena »

Thank you very, very much, everyone!

Erm...that's not a goatee. It's a cleft, and it really looks just like that in the picture I used as a model. The shadows from his hair were completely black in that picture--and most of his hair as well. I lightened it up considerably, and drew in a hairline for him, along with that curl over his forehead.

I'm not quite sure how old that picture was, but it is from pretty early on in Nightcrawler's career if that's what you mean by 'old school'. I like his eyes in this picture too.

I think the shadows make him look like he's wearing a mask, almost like Zorro! :D

I really don't like that BAMF effect. I'll definately work on fixing that. I don't like the cleft either. When I was drawing the picture, I had a rather lengthy debate with myself before including that cleft in the first place. I knew I should have left it out!

Thanks again for your advice and comments!!!!!!! I REALLY appreciate it! :D

:bamf
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by SheCat »

I really like your linework with it. Nice and clean. And his hair is just great! :)
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler Picture

Post by Zuno »

The shaddow is not from his hair. It's his inner shaddow...thingy...I think...
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD