X-Men General Discussion Reload

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Woaw ! :surprise:surprise
This just keeps getting better !
The Nightcrawler solo series and now this :
[spoiler]his own daughter among the X-Men !! Kurt now joins Cyke's very restricted club of happy parents seeing their unlegitimate child from a different reality coming aboard. Ooch ! Headache !
[/spoiler]

;)

Thanks, Bamfette ! :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

How do I read the spoilers? All I see are black lines like, it's an area 51 document or something. :smirk
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Highlight the spoiler text with your mouse and you'll be able to read it.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

Rock on thank you verry mutch. Thos things were pissen me off:mad
Kakegoddes
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kakegoddes »

[spoiler]Nocturne in Excalibur.[/spoiler] Thats just what I was thinking! ( I read the new Exiles today):D
insert witty quote here

See my deviant art site
http://kakegodess.deviantart.com

Kakegoddes
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Hey Bamfette I have a question for you, is Chuck leaving X-Men? There's a bit of controversy because of a comment Mark Millar made. He was asking someone at his board a question about X-Men back history, and at the bottom of his post he stated it was for his run on Wolverine, and that he's not the new X-Men writer.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Aw, please no ! What is this rumor ??
Chuck, don't leave ! :bawl:bawl

Well, it's too early for tears. This can't be true.:mad
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

do you have a link to this post at Millarworld?
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

no prob this should be it
http://www.millarworld.biz/index.php?showtopic=29201
Hopefully this should work, it's the first post.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

So Bamfette was Millar's comment just a stupid talking out of his @$$ comment, or did it have some truth behind it?
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by mightiest_mortal »

I really hope it's not true :( Id thought Austen wouldnt be on X-Men much longer because of something Bamfette said a while back in the Uncanny thread...
Originally posted by Bamfette
in a years time i wont be reading any X-Men, till then just Astonishing and Adjectiveless...
Unless I read FAR FAR too much into things.
Im confident we'l get some good stories out of him before then. To tell the truth, with his Action comics run going down well im suprised DC hasn't offered him an exclusive contract yet aswell.
Jeremys Iron
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jeremys Iron »

First of all, love that avatar MM, freakin' hilarious!!

As for Austen leaving X-Men, there seems to be a lot of good evidence to suggest this is the case. We've got Bamfette's comment here about not reading X-Men in a year. Mark Millar's dropping hints over at Millarworld. Even Austen's talk about dissatisfaction with Marvel editorial policy in recent interviews seems to suggest that he wanted to leave. And now with the latest LitG it would appear Austen is off X-Men with issue #170 :(

Well that sucks, I've really been enjoying a lot of what Chuck has been doing with the X-Men but on the bright side I've been looking for titles to drop. And with the announcement of a Jubilee series starting in September that I MUST buy; unless someone like BKV or Ellis comes on this book then I am done with it. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. :)
Are You on the Global Frequency?

Spider: You see, Channon, it's the duty of journalists to strike fear into the hearts of criminals.
Channon: With your meat gun?
Spider: Or your attack womb.
Channon: Or your illegal bowel disruptor.
Spider: Whatever...
-Transmetropolitan #4

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas -- Where There is Doubt, There is Freedom
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

170? He's written a years worth of comics already? blimey

+cheers about the Av JI :D
KurtnMeggan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KurtnMeggan »

I'm not sure how I feel about Chuck's potential departure from X-Men, but I know that I'd prefer Nocturne in Uncanny with Nightcrawler.
Meggan and Kurt! Love them! You know you wanna;):meggan
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Well it's looking like the big twist in Gambit's life that the fans won't like is that [spoiler]Marvel is making him blind, with the possibility of being telepathic.[/spoiler]. Also [spoiler]it seems Xorn will be joining the team[/spoiler]
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Gambit~Iceman
Well it's looking like the big twist in Gambit's life that the fans won't like is that [spoiler]Marvel is making him blind, with the possibility of being telepathic.[/spoiler]. Also [spoiler]it seems Xorn will be joining the team[/spoiler]

That is too weird for Gambit. Can't see it.[spoiler]But he still will have his charge powers right? Xorn joins the team? cool[/spoiler]. :D
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

lol... he just can't see what he's thowing cards at anymore.
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Anyone else checked out Chucks interview at

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 6&t=002359

The LITG report said hed finished issue 70 and left a month ago.. and that news came out easily a week or so ago.

In this interview he says hes just finished issue 164 and is still working... and the interviewer said that he only did that interview a week or so ago... theyre even talking about Xorn having appeared in 157 aswell.

...This means that Austen had NEGATIVE one month to write 6 issues. I know he's meant to be a fast writer but breaking temporal laws is probably pushing it a little...

...therefore i think the LITG rumour was infact untrue
:D :D :D :D

...waits for Bamfette to confirm/deny...
*keeps fingers crossed*
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

... how do you figure that? it is not at all uncommon to be written that far ahead. Chuck (and, i presume, the other writers as well) is even a bit behind where he would be normally because of Reload. talked to him day before yesterday and he had finished 165 and just had to do balloon placement scripts on 63 and 64, which already have the art done. well. 63 anyway. art's probably not done for 64. so LITG was wrong about how many issues he had done, it's just as simple as that. what else they were wrong about, i wont say.

and only Marvel can confirm or deny this.... i can't just tell you guys anything you want just because you ask, you know. i tease about plot points, but... this is another thing entirely. they are issuing a press release next week to address the rumors.

and i saw some people complaining at X-Fan about how Chuck had screwed up Nocturne by [spoiler]putting her in the Brotherhood.[/spoiler] uh. he DIDN'T... that was Bedard's idea. or the editors. i dunno. but he's just working with what was handed to him. wait till the second arc, you'll see.
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Well from what I've heard Brian K. Vaughan's going to be the new writer and that Chuck's going exclusive with DC. However that's just a rumor.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

may be the rumor, but THAT one i can tell you is not true :p
Jeremys Iron
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jeremys Iron »

Mark Millar was doing a Q & A on his site the other day and someone asked who the new writer on X-Men was and he said:
Originally posted by Mark Millar at Millarworld
New X-writer is the best writer in comics since Alan Moore and not called w Ellis.
Now for the life of me I cannot figure out who he would be talking about. The only person I can think of is Gaiman, and that would be amazing but I can't ever see him doing something like X-Men. Just doesn't seem his style. Anyone else have any guesses?
Are You on the Global Frequency?

Spider: You see, Channon, it's the duty of journalists to strike fear into the hearts of criminals.
Channon: With your meat gun?
Spider: Or your attack womb.
Channon: Or your illegal bowel disruptor.
Spider: Whatever...
-Transmetropolitan #4

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas -- Where There is Doubt, There is Freedom
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Bendis? Seriously, I don't know.

Hey, why are Jay and Sammy room mates? Isn't there like a 6 year age difference there?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

probably to cut down on the number of characters. i think that's why Sammy's original room-mates were cut. not only closer to his age, but they were just cool. one guy's mutant ability was the ability to like, take himself apart, and his bodyparts could live for a limited ammount of time separated from his body. he was creepy. there was also a guy who went by 'Dune' that could turn himself into sand (this was before Dust) and the last one had the uber-lame power of being able to spin around and not get dizzy. anyway. it was a really fun scene where Sammy was introduced to them right after he got to the school. there was also a fish-girl named Cara...

hm. weird. the script has the names in the filename as Smitty, Mark and Pete. but in the text of the script itself, they are Kenny, Frankie and Desmond. dunno which would have ended up in print. likely the second set.
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

may be the rumor, but THAT one i can tell you is not true
Which part, Chuck going exclusive with DC, or Brian K. Vaughan being the new X-Men writer?