Spiderman 2!

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Spiderman 2!

Post by Gaz »

Let us discuss it.

Because...

1. It kicked ass
2. Tobey Maguire
3. The effects were amazing
4. The fight scenes were crazy cool
5. It kicked ass

:spidey

Who else saw it? What did you think?
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Spiderman 2!

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

I DID!!!!! It was sooooo cool and fuuny!!!!!!!

Reasons why it rocks:

1.Doc Ock was brilliant :D
2.Great FX and CGI
3.Tobey Maguire :love:love
4.Hal Sparks/Spidey in elevator scene:LOL:LOL
5.Kicks @$$!!!!!!
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Spiderman 2!

Post by Gaz »

Yeah that elevator scene was SOOO funny. Holy crapaload. And I love the 'Raindrops' scene. That was hilarious. There were so many hidden cameos and personal jokes in the film, which I love. Like how Peter hurts his back when he falls from way up high is a joke about how Tobey almost couldn't play the role because he hurt his back while filming seabuiscut. Oh man, what a good film.

scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spiderman 2!

Post by scheherazade »

I absolutely loved it. but all those falls spidey took... they made me cringe!

Anyone else catch the Stan Lee cameo? I told my brother about it, but he was to engrossed in the movie to listen to me.

If you want to know [spoiler]he pulls a kid out of the way of some falling brick during the scene where Doc Oc kidnaps Aunt Mae King Kong style. [/spoiler]
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Spiderman 2!

Post by Gaz »

I missed that part but read about it later. I'll wait for the DVD come out, so I can buy it and watch that scene.

Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Spiderman 2!

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

According to Counting Down, they're making Spider-Man 3 right now and will be released on May 7th, 2007

Link:http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2756481
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Phantom phan
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spiderman 2!

Post by scheherazade »

oh... if the next baddie is Venom... i will sooo happy! *dies*
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Spiderman 2!

Post by Singe »

I hope they don't pull Norman out for Green Goblin 2 just yet... I'd rather see venom (even though I think they've done enough of the whole innately-good-scientist-gets-corrupted-by-own-invention motif)

But anyway, loved it, thought it more enjoyable than the first one. Much as I love Willem Dafoe, Molina's bad guy was just so much more engaging and likeable. And he didn't have the goofy mask! I'm rocking this one again... soon as I get motivation to leave the house.

The guy that plays Jameson... perfect peice of casting.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spiderman 2!

Post by nightcrawler30 »

this was way better than the frist one. doc ock is one of my favorite spiderman villians.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Spiderman 2!

Post by Gaz »

Yeah he was awesome. Much better of a character than G.G. Better acted IMO too.

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamfette »

ok. i loved it. let me say right now, that this did not spoil the movie for me. but i did find it odd....

did anyone else notice that Spider-man cracks not ONE joke? ever? granted, the fights wth Doc Ock, too much going on for even Spidey to slip in a quip or two, probably. but come on, the generic thugs, at least? unless i missed something.... overall it was a funnier film than the first one, but it was all situational.

but that bit where he twipp's away the costume, priceless.

and is it just me but could the movie have been by-lined [spoiler]Spider-Man reveal his true identity to EVERYONE.... except Aunt May[/spoiler]

but some stuff WAS really funny. as mentioned, the elevator scene, the raindrops scene, the pizza delivery, the costume swipe, the 'i'm back!!!.... my back!' scene, and that look on Peter's face as Aunt May tells him she gave away his comic book collection. oh, you hear of that happening so often. lol. anyway. lots a funny stuff. just none of it coming out of Spidey's mouth. i just found it a bit odd.

and while i loved doc Ock, and thought he played his part very well ... i still like Willem Dafoe in the first one, i thought he played the part well. the mask maybe was a bit... eh... but i still think he played it extremely well.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

Spiderman 2!

Post by Winged Outlaw »

I didn't mind the lack of jokes mid-fight. I would like him to talk shit to his enemies before the fight, but granted, his fights with Doc Ock involved the lives of both his Aunt and Mary Jane. I doubt he was feeling too peppy at the time.

As for quips mid-fight... well, that works very well in the comics. In movie form, however, it would be silly. Most of the time they wouldn't have even heard each other while they were fighting, what with the intense speed and movement involved. It made more sense for the raw fight scenes to be silent, IMO.

This was a "rough" movie from Peter's point of view. For almost the entire time, right up until the end, it was mostly sad. So I don't blame him for not having much of a sense of humor... and I think that he'll be a bit more, shall we say, light hearted next film.

[spoiler]Until Harry kills himself, that is...[/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamfette »

I thought it worked fine in the first movie. and like i said, it is understandable against Doc Ock. he was quite the formidable foe, and Spidey had his hands full. but come on, those generic thugs? he could have cracked ONE joke at their expense. Spider-Man is Peter Parker's release, and alter-ego. they have very different 'voices'. things get rough for Peter, he blows steam as Spider-Man by beating up bad guys and cracking wise. and it is something that i think is kind of important to the character. though in this movie, Spider-Man began interfereing with his day-to-day life, i would still think that the actual act of superheroing and figting evil and all that would provide a temporary release from his worries. not enought to forget what's important, i am not saying he takes it frivolously, but...

anyway. jsut wanted to add that Bruce Campbells obliogatory appearance was, as usual, priceless.
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spiderman 2!

Post by scheherazade »

anyway. jsut wanted to add that Bruce Campbells obliogatory appearance was, as usual, priceless.
*Vanna Whites a sign*

Sign: Like you expected anything less?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamfette »

off-topic: did anyone see him in Bubba Ho-Tep? he plays a pretty damn good aging Elvis :p

on-topic. who here is anticipating The Lizard over HarryGoblin? I personally am more interested in the potential of seeing the Lizard... tho i know they will (obviously, judging by the ending) go with Goblin.

and on that subject, i was really hoping for a bit more resolution between Pete and Harry towards the end....
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Spiderman 2!

Post by Garble »

Yeah, I wanted to yell at Peter to say
"Your dad was the Green Goblin, dude! He was nuts! He killed himself while trying to kill me."

But of course, taking the conflict out kind of spoils the story, doesn't it?

I think they could have had a few more quips from Spidey as well. One of my favorites from the first was when he webbed JJ. (Who also stole this movie, IMHO)

Overall though, I can't believe how great this movie was. I would have never thought in a million years that they could have pulled off Doc Oc as well as they did. The tenticles looked like plausible technology, and more importanly Otto seemed like a real human being.

I just loved it! :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamfette »

true about the conflict. but see i am not saying that Harry had to accept Peter's explanation. I just wanted to see Peter try and explain his side. obvioulsy he had his hands full with Doc Ock at the moment when he was unmasked, so no time for explanations then. but when they showed Harry later, i was realyl half expecting to see Peter come through the door to *try* and tell his side of events...

but as i said before. i REALLY DID enjoy the movie a lot. it's just teeny tiny nitpicks, really. they just prevent it from going from 'really good!!' to 'FANTASTIC!'
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spiderman 2!

Post by thylacine »

It was so awesome, even grumpy grown ups like me liked it!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Spiderman 2!

Post by Gaz »

I think the biggest flaw was the script. Almost all of the lines that were meant to be really serious and meaningful sounded cheesy. The humorous lines were very well written and timed perfectly. I just think that the more serious moments weren't taken seriously enough by the audiences. I know that a lot of times when I was watching the movie and a more serious part came on, the audience kind of giggled at the cheesy lines or the almost insincere acting in those scenes. I think thats the main flaw.

Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Spiderman 2!

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

:spidey NEW JAZZ SPIDER-MAN THEME SONG!!!!!! :spidey

Hit link for video:http://www.thevoice.it/BUBLE/VIDEO/SPIDER-MAN.WMV

Phantom phan
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Y'know, Bamfette, I read the Aunt May scenes a bit differently.

[spoiler]I think she figured out who Spider-Man was when he rescued her. Peter seems to be trying to disguise his voice a bit, but I don't think he fooled her. She seemed to know just who to give her "The world needs heroes" speech to.[/spoiler]

Among the many things I liked in the movie was the relationship between the pre-accident Otto Octavious and Peter Parker. An older genius who looks at Peter and sees someone probably much like the bright kid he once was, and wants to encourage him and keep him on the right track; and a young poor kid who sees a successful scientist with a beautiful, brilliant wife and a great future in front of him.

Trivia: When Peter shows up late at the play the first time, they're already in the third act.

Trivia 2 (courtesy my brother): The director, Sam Raimi, cast his car as Aunt May's; you see it outside her house and, later, in her garage. Raimi has included his car in every possible film of his since his first, The Evil Dead. (When they made it, they used his car because he was the only person on the cast or crew who owned one.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Spiderman 2!

Post by Bamfette »

oh i had the suspicion that she had [spoiler]figured it out, that Peter was Spider-Man[/spoiler] especially with the 'heroes' speech. but he still didn't *tell* her, or have her officially 'find out'.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Spiderman 2!

Post by Entropy »

I've heard that venom is a likely candidate for the third film.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Spiderman 2!

Post by Nandireya »

Nand has only read the comicbook adaptation for she has been too busy to get to the movies (might get there tomorrow) and in the bit where Aunt May's going on about how there's a little hero inside of us all Peter's thinking [spoiler]"She knows!"[/spoiler]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Spiderman 2!

Post by SheCat »

I really liked it as well. I thought Tobey was much better in this one than the last one, and Otto was great. The one person I didn't like was Mary Jane.

Okay, I hated Mary Jane.

Really.

It wasn't just Kirsten Dunst's acting (though I though she was forcing some of the more serious scenes and could have done better), but it was the character in general. The fact that she's engaged and begging poor Peter to kiss her - little slut. She has no respect for him or her fiance.

Yes, I thought Aunt May knew all along. I actually thought that when he redialed the pay phone, he called her instead of MJ, until the whole "I can't even tell you what I feel about you" or whatever line.

My favorite part had to be when he flipped over taxi in front of the kids. Straight out of a comic book. :P

I'd like to see Black Cat, just because I want Spidey to ditch MJ...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit