How old is this?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How old is this?

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I was looking through some of my comics my dad had given me and I came across this one.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/dezzy_doo ... dComic.jpg

I have no idea how old it is. I looked on line but I can’t find it. Storm is in here original costume and this is her first meeting with Power man so it has to be before she meats up with him after visiting her old home were she was born, that is now a slum. I think that visit to her home was in my Essential X-Men #2 but I lent it to a friend so I can’t even find out how old that one is. Dose anyone know (or can guess) a ball park figure for the age of this comic?
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

How old is this?

Post by Northstars Love »

Can't see the image Dezzy. You need to repost the url to the image so we can see it.. It is saying "Image Hosted by Angelfire."

Have you used your daily amount of bandwidth with them?
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How old is this?

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

Oh sorry about that :oops: I realy have no idea what you just told me to do. I'm kind of new to these kinds of things. More info would be very helpful.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

How old is this?

Clicking on the link gives you, "Image Hosted by Angelfire". Do you have a free account with them? Or do you pay? I see this a lot with Angelfire.

Sometimes you cannot link to images depending on the webhost. Do you have an AOL account? Or you can tryVillage Photos. I use them to host pictures.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

How old is this?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Angelfire can be pissy about letting you link directly to images. If you cut and paste the URL into anothe browser window, it works fine.

This is a 1982 comic done in conjunction with the American Cancer Society to educate kids about smoking, so I doubt any effort went into placing it in continuity.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

How old is this?

Post by Crawler »

All we have to do is copy and paste instead of clicking, Ken.

I can see the image, but I have no idea how old that would be. I could take a ballpark guess, but I think you probably could guess better than me.

EDIT: Bunny. Listen to the Bunny.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

How old is this?

:doh! I should have thought of that!

All Hail to Bunny! *bows* He is as smart as he is mysterious. :D

By looking at it the comic I can tell its a freebee book. A Giveaway. No price, no comic code, ya what Bunny said. *bows again*
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How old is this?

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

Well thanks for at least looking at it. I hate not knowing how old my comics are.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

How old is this?

Post by Paty »

:mags

If you want to know when a book was published, rather than when it fits in continuity, just look in the indicia.
the indicia is that little bblock of tiny print, usually on the first page somewhere at the bottom...sometimes on the second or third page if it is a double paged splash with the credits on those pages. It will usually be on the page with the writing, drawing and editing credits...USUALLY...
There should be an indicia in every book... it is copyright protection and must list the volume/issue number, date of issue and office of publication. On regular titles it may also list other information... but on specialty items, like a charity book or such, it may be short and only concerned with the copyrights of the characters. If it is a one shot, it wil not bother with volume or issue number... but should surely have the date and copyright info.
Indicias won't place you in continuity, but they will tell you when the thingie was published.

Paty
:mags
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto