EMILY ON TV!!!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

This is too worth a new topic boys and girls...

They did a thing on Best Week Ever on VH1 about the Comic Con and they showed our own Em in her amazing Nightcrawler costume!!! I basically jumped out of my seat and was like "OMG IT'S ZAM!" And then I imed C and Stevie and told them because they are my entourage....

I am more than certain they'll be replaying this probably a few times tomorrow, but sunday they'll have a new one, so catch it before then!!!

Way to go, Emily!!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Tatu »

DUDE! I totally missed it! Thank god Vh1 replay things Eleventyfive million times!

.. and woo I'm in an entourage!
Call me King!
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NWKurt »

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I need tape in the VCR at all times Saturday!!! I have to see this!!! What was the show called - or was it just a quick little blurb on the hour?

I need to know! I will have the 8 hour tape in the VCR when I am at work. If anyone sees this Saturday, please let us know what time it was on so when I get home I can QUICKLY find it. I must see it!!

NWKurt

P.S. - ;)No secret doccuments in this video are there Zam? :P
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

The show is called Best Week Ever and it's on at 11:00 am today as well as 4:00 pm.....yall should catch it it was way funny as well...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Saint Kurt »

I'm sure it's totally embarassing. But I admit I'm curious.

Is there anyway someone can tape this and send it to me? I don't have television you see...

-e
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by zamweasel
Is there anyway someone can tape this and send it to me? I don't have television you see...
Then how are you going to watch the tape?
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by bluefooted »

Yay Zammy! I just happened to see that last night. You are now the most famous of all the Scrawlers. Enjoy your 15 minutes - you actually deserve a lot more famous-time than that for that great costume :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Bamfette »

I live in Canada, so i don't get that channel.... :( but congrats to Emily!! :clap
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NWKurt »

Yayyy!! That means that my VCR got it while I drone away here at werk.

Now Zam, just think of how many of us would want to be in that costume. There is no way you should be embarrased, I think the word is HONORED! I doubt ANY of us will ever get that type of media coverage on a major network. :)

~~~~~EDIT~~~~ @ 2:30PM PST

Just checked the on-screen listings from Comcast for the west coast.... 8PM Saturday the 31st is the next time "Best Week Ever" is scheduled to be on VH1. Now whether or not it is the same episode or not has yet to be discovered.

"Here's lookin at you Zam!";)

~~~~~EDIT~~~~ @ 6:07PM PST

Foot in mouth disease for the TV listings! Well, they are all messed up! On VH1's web page the times even tho EST matched PST times. So they were right when they said it was on at 5:30PST. The Next showing is 11:30PST if all goes right. Thats all from me!

I did see ya Zam! ;)

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Saint Kurt »

You are now the most famous of all the Scrawlers.
I am?

But Dave Cockrum is on here. He did some really cool comic book art didn't he?

:)

I guess I want to see this.

-e
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Gaz »

Congrats, Zam! All your hard work paid off.....kinda...

I wish I could've seen the costume in person. It looks incredible from the pics. It's awesome that you got some publicity because of it. Maybe you'll get a job because of it, making a costume for someone. Congrats anyway!
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Saint Kurt »

It's awesome that you got some publicity because of it. Maybe you'll get a job because of it, making a costume for someone.
Thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure which was more fun, making or wearing it.

I've been lucky to have gotten fairly regular publicity for my costumes. I've appeared in 5 or 6 issues of the Star Wars Insider (they have a section of fan costumes), even more often if you count costumes I've made but aren't wearing, because I've made a lot of costumes for star wars fans. I have newspaper clippings and a few videotapes of news and other shows where I've appeared in costume. All this adds up to fairly regular work as a costume builder. I've put myself through school doing it.

I must have given out hundreds of cards at ComicCon and I've gotten so many responses that I will be turning jobs away. Right now though I'm doing lots of estimates and figuring out what people want.

And I'm finishing up my Angel Illyria commission. Great costume. Waay over budget. Doh!

-e
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Singe »

I so saw it last night/this morning! It was barely a second so it was hard to get a glimpse, but it seems that zam was kind of poking her head in the camera inquizitively while the voice over guy was going "It's great to be a geek!"

It's gonna take some convincing, but I'll MAKE my roommate go the 3000 mile journey next year if I have to. Seems that's the only con worth going to.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Gaz »

So this thing is just a little quick clip in the middle of a scene thing about the ComCon? I've been checking VH1 occasionally but no dice. I'm not very patient. Maybe someone could tape it a throw a clip of it up here. That would rule.

NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NWKurt »

Originally posted by Gaz
Maybe someone could tape it a throw a clip of it up here. That would rule.
OK Gaz, just for you (and all my other friends here on NS, but especially for the one who made it possible!):D

Please, right click on the file and save as to your computer if you dont have a high speed Internet connection.

**EDIT**

Sorry folks, I needed the space for my web page so I removed the link here. Hope you all enjoied the videos!

NWKurt
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by LadyErin »

Thank you NWKurt! :D
And Em! Oh my! That just looks so much more real seeing you move! :love
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Bamfette »

oooh! awesome! thanks for sharing NWKurt! :D
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Saint Kurt »

That is cool Thanks so much for posting those. I've downloaded them to add to my collection of silly moments in my nightcrawler costume. (It's getting awfully large awfully fast)

The story behind that is that they tried to interview me, but I explained that I didn't like talking because the character was male and I sound like an idiot with those teeth in. So I asked if I could do something silent and then started creeping around on the floor. I did it two of three times, including one where I grabbed the camera. But I guess they liked the one where I started cracking up at the end.

I still don't know what became of the Cartoon Network stills that were taken while I was doing everyone's makeup on friday.

-e
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NWKurt »

Hehehehehe!!! :*D LOL!!! I knew you guys would like it. You are all more than welcome!

I'm sorry about the file sizes. The editor I use doesnt make QT files, and the .WMV flavor looks bad. So MPEG it was.

Zam, I'm glad you got to work with them to get a few takes, and yes, even I cracked up watching you laugh there at the end!!

Glad to be of service Zam. This doesnt even come close to repaying ya' for all that vonderful work over on the EAHS thread;)

Nighty for now, gotta get up at 5AM for work tomorrow - YUK!

NWKurt:D
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Gaz »

Thank you SOOOO much, NWKurt!!! I wouldn't have ever been able to see it, so thanks to you, you've made my day - NO, you've made my weekend. A million thanks. Portland Power!! :D

NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by NWKurt »

No worries Gaz, I guess thats why we in the NW get all this computer stuff done, it rains too much outside:rainy, so we stay inside and get all the goodie-goodie computer work done!

Just as a reminder, please pass those links along to your friends, here and elsewhere, as around the 17th-20th of August, I will be taking the files off the web page. I want to put back the file I had to remove to put the big 18Megger file online. So, do your downloads now while you can!!

Glad to finally bring something to NightScrawlers that I KNOW people enjoied!:D

**EDIT** Sorry Gaz, looks like I broke the weather outside on Friday:D

NWKurt
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by kurtlover »

OMG! so cool! i will be checking VH1 then so i can see if i catch the show :) way to go Zam!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

EMILY ON TV!!!

Post by Slarti »

I'm just now catching up. That's so cool! Congrats on the coverage and the awesome costume!