post count in off-topic antics

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

to help curb the rampant post-whoring here in off-topic antics, we have turned off post counts in here. This means that any and all posts made in Off-Topic Antics will NOT count toward your post total.

Please enjoy yourselves knowing that all posts in this forum are for entertainment purposes only. ;)
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Testing this puppy out. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

ummmmm.........kinda OT but how did you guys get negative post numbers?? :?
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

we gave them to ourselves. kind of a protest. show that high post counts don't actually matter.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Neat. Very good idea. You admins have all the fun! And you're right, if most of your post count is spam or sleep-depived silliness, it says what about you? Not that SDS is always a bad thing...
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

This is an excellent idea!
it was a wise decision guys.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Thank god someone finally took my idea! (it was a mental idea..i figured id be killed by people for actually saying it..)
can i have negative post? i wanna protest too! Um..someone else will have to think of the catchy chant though...

although, offically i say
"Turn off Post counts all together" (heh..im evil)
Call me King!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Turning off posts sounds fine to me. That way I don't have that nagging "whore" feeling when I play some of the back+forth games. I really like playing them, but I feel a little silly with a count so high solely because of them.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
Or the "Member of the Day" listing on the stats page could be changed to "Post Whore of the Day" as a disincentive ...
Hey :shame ... I was member of the day when I reposted all those lost threads and I was definately NOT postwhoring. :cry :bawl

Did this come out of me b***hing to Mabus last night around 2am that people had over 150 posts in less than 4 days of rejoining the board?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sapphirescimitar »

we gave them to ourselves. kind of a protest. show that high post counts don't actually matter.
May I have a negative post count as well? I have changed from that horrible post whore into a law-abiding Nightscrawlers citizen.
Or the "Member of the Day" listing on the stats page could be changed to "Post Whore of the Day" as a disincentive ...
Aye, I've been there. But, oddly (or unoddly enough), instead of feeling joy (or that of), I felt stupid. I had so many posts, and only in one day. I felt like (and was) a post whore.
Turning off posts sounds fine to me. That way I don't have that nagging "whore" feeling when I play some of the back+forth games. I really like playing them, but I feel a little silly with a count so high solely because of them.
That is quite true. I hate when only typing a mere word (like in the World Association Game), I get a higher post count, as if I made a truly contibuting answer to one's question that would actually have some relevence to the reason the forum was created.
Cocnuts.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i think this idea will work out great! thaknks!:D:bamf
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Post by alancummingfan »

well that's a good idea.I didn't know that was hapinin'. I just post here cause for the summer this is the only place to talk to people.I don't care if you cut my post to zero,by all means do so.:)nightscrawlers are my friends, and post counts don't matter to me.thanks guys for making my summer worth while :D
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

tell me again why the post count is important? I was glad when mine went back to zero after the hack cuz I got to be a bamfdoll again.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Post by alancummingfan »

why am i member of the day today.i didn't even post 79 time.I only posted about 6 times so far.I feel so ashamed of sometin' i didn't even do yet.
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I think this is just fine. It's too easy to place more worth on post count than there really is.
I don't think I really post just to raise my count personally anyway.
I'm just fine where I am.:)

Um, I don't mean to change the subject, but, alancummingfan, I was wondering about that we love to edit club. Can I join?
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

This is a great idea Bamfette! Personally I don't get the whole status thing some people attach to the post count (like posting 8 millions times in one week is cool or something). So maybe this will help curb all those useless posts that turn up time and again.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I salute you people! It's a great idea, especialy as some people (namely me) get a little carried away at times. It's still wrong to post just for posting, but at least we won't have our post counts raised by about 50 a day....hopefuly.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Hey, since there's no more post counts here at Off-topic antics, why don't you guys drop the 50 chars rule for this section too?

Som o'those back-forth games shouldn't require 50 characters...
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

I think it had something to do with technical possibilities....doesn't work or something.
spidergirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spidergirl »

Why do people feel the need to brag about how many posts they have? This same thing is often brought up in another forum that I use. I ask WHAT IS THE POINT?????? :?
:bunny:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunny :bunny

Nie Mond ein Werwolf.

Weiser Mann nie Spiel Bockspringen mit Einhorn.

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#34)
AquaFlame
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AquaFlame »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
Maybe "post count" could just be a field in the user profile, and people who cared could put anything they wanted there.
I think this is a good idea. People care too much about a person's post count than the person themself. I don't think that's right. People should form an oppion about someone due to wut they write, not how much they write. And too many people here post only for getting a higher post count.

And for one, I know my posts won't go up much in a while because I usually post in the Off-Topics section. But I don't care about it. I don't pay any attention to my post count just as much as I don't pay attention to others.

Well, byez for now. :bamf
"What?! Boom-Boom?! You're gonna place my life in the hands of a maniac?" Kurt from Evo.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

This is weird, my posts was around 70, only because I never had anything interesting to say in other threads and so got stuck posting just in Off-topic. I've been gone for a while and now that I'm back my posts shot up to over 300. interesting.
oh well, I don't care about it that much, just something I wanted to mention.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Its wery good idea cause .. things like TPAM thread can be sometimes "full of spam" (no offense guys) :p
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

that's because when we upgraded the forum, we lost this hack. so everyone's post count got set to their 'true' post count, whatever it would be without the hack.... the forum is recording post counts again. for the time being.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Well, the post count is still getting bigger.. cause now my post count is bigger then minute ago