Space 1999....Some of ya got to remember!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I've been a fan of Space 1999 since I bought the DVD collection last year. Of course when the show appeared on TV I was ten. So I never watched it since I never had my own TV until about 2 years later. But I saw the reruns on TV along with Star Trek as I was growing up. I never considered myself a fan then but I like the show.

Premise: The date is September 13, 1999. Massive nuclear explosions on the Earth's moon cause the moon to breakaway from Earth's orbit and send it hurdling into space with 311 men and women on MoonBase Alpha.

Space 1999

I found a cool site full of mulit-media. Clips, audio, sounds and episode breakdowns. Way cool stuff! ;) I even found a site that calls itself GayAlpha. WOOOOHOOOO!!! :D

I'm hoping to see this series revived. Perhaps they could call it Space 2099? :)
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NWKurt »

Ohhh Kayyyy, I'll bite. I know I may be dating myself by replying but.....

Yeah, I remember it, and that REAL 70's opening credit music. I would have been about 3-4 years old when I first saw it - along with Emergency! Also remember that UFO show where some US officials were out looking for UFO sightings. No, it wasnt UFO, that was another creation from the Andersons.

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

I remember Emergency. The UFO show you are talking about did it have Bluebook in the title? I really can't remember either. Anyway, I love Space1999. I would love to see a reunion show if possible. Of course now they are no longer on Moonbase Alpha. So how they would do it now would be quite interesting.
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NWKurt »

Yeah, I think it did have "Bluebook" in the title. Wouldn't swear to it, but it would have followed the basic concept behind the real 'Bluebook'. As a kid, it scared the crap out of me watchin that show!:shocked

**Northstars Love**, hey found it.... a Jack Webb production!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077065/

Oh a reunion, errrr, aahhhh. Mr Landau is gettin up there in age. He would have to be a retired commander if the group got back to gether again! :D

NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Oh, Lordy, I hadn't thought of Project Bluebook in AGES! I remembered a little of it, that it was a show about UFOs where the government was being mean and lying to everyone at the end of every show. I was also a little young to remember most of it....

I specifically got interested in Space: 1999 when Maya came on board. Anyone remember what season that was? 3rd, maybe?

If they do a reuinion show, it'd have to be done sort of like what they did with Star Trek: Next Generation, when they guest-starred Spock, Scotty, and Dr. McCoy (even if the last one was just a cameo on the pilot episode). Any reunion would be done with the next generation or two of Moonbase Alpha, with Martin, Barbara, Catherine, and so on as the elders. With the "generation X" interest in some of the retro shows, they might even do an updated film, if they think there's a market for it. Hell, they've already played with I Spy, The Saint, and Thunderbirds. Whether the films were disappointing or not doesn't matter as much as how much money they made....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Maya came on board in the second season's first episode. Unfortunately, Space 1999 only lasted two seasons. It was supposed to go for a third but the ratings were not that great so they dropped it. Too bad. I liked the show.

I would like to see an updated movie version. As I said call it Space 2099. Create cameos for some of the original cast members. Keep the names the same. Way to cool. :bamf