Solo Series Wish List

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

OK, all you Nightscrawlers! You got my ear, and you've all made me so welcome that I want to know what you want to see.

I can't promise any of it will happen, I'm only 1 guy in the team, but I do talk to the writer on a regular basis,..

So what do you want to see happen over the course of the ongoing series, and why?
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by InterNutter »

I wanna see some of that famous two-handed-and-one-tailled swordplay. If only for the hell of it. Mebbe make him swing on a chandallier and handle one of the blades with a spare foot...

*DEFINITELY* lots and lots of the ole Nightcrawler silver-tongued charm. Especially on the ladies ^_^ :naughty

::sigh:: and I haven't even seen ish one yet. Whimper.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

:*D I can't find any place that carries the solo series. I did order the first three issues online, but I found out after the order that it won't ship until the third issue comes out.

I'm with Nutter, swordplay and charm were two of the things that made Kurt my favorite X-Man. I'd love to see at least a little of that again.

And anyone who knows me could tell you I want to see Kurt and Ororo together. I understand that not everyone likes that idea, and it may or may not happen, but one thing I would dearly love is one cannon kiss. I don't mean a peck on the cheek either, Kurt and Ro have already done that.

From the previews I've seen, you are both off to a great start. I can't wait to see more. (Even if I end up having to wait for the third issue)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Sundown »

I’m with InterNutter as far as the silver tongued charm thing goes; I’d like to see more of that too….the swash back in his buckle, so to speak.

I loved the internal dialogue that went on in the first issue. I’m looking forward to more of that. I enjoy the funny quips (or thoughts) as well. His sense of humor was always something I really liked.

I’d also like to see him reflective. Not brooding by any means, but introspective. We’ve seen him as a part of a team all this time with very little dedicated to what he really thinks about things or what he wants. I mean the X-men and their goals, and his friends are obviously important to him, but what else? I mean a LOT has happened to this guy over the years, and his reactions and thoughts were just skipped over altogether on some. For instance, he never did really deal with the priest issue very much…just said that he missed the touch of a woman and tossed the collar. He never dealt with the Azazel thing, either, though I know that’s a sore subject amongst many. It DOES stand to reason, that since it has become a part of his personal history, he would have some type of feeling or reaction about it. I don’t want to see old storylines re-hashed completely, just kind of acknowledged I guess. In the Wolverine series, we got to see what made Logan tick, who he was rather than just an X-man, I’d like to see the same with Nightcrawler.

If he’s put in a relationship, or a triangle as he seems to be headed towards in X-men, I’d like to see something done well, not just done for the sake of throwing one in there. Maybe something that starts out as unlikely or humorus. As yet, the only interesting “relationship” he was written in wasn’t even a relationship, it was his crush on Meggan, otherwise, it’s more fun to read about him as single and flirty.

The “dark” feel of the book is a good back-drop for him….straddling both worlds.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Crawler »

the one thing, off the top of my head, that I'd really like to see is a group of people who are just fascinated with him, with how he looks. Possibly to the point where they begin to alter themselves in order to look more like him?

A new trend in body mod, perhaps? And, of course, with this comes Kurt's reaction.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Solo Series Wish List

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I would like to see some of the things said before me. Like Kurt getting a girl, he really needs one, and not one who is selfish and cares more about herslf and her needs, but rather one who would devote herself to his needs, not like an over-obssesed-slave-stalker type.

I think I would absolutely LOVE to see Nightcrawler completely blow his top and go berzerker mad and need someone to hold him back because he is so pissed (of cource he wouldn't teleport away, because he is so mad he doesn't even think about it) and then break down into tears afterwards fro getting so angry. LOTS of emotions. Ones you wouldn'y normally associate with the fun-loving Elf.

One word: Cerise
one name: Bruce Campbell
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Crawler
the one thing, off the top of my head, that I'd really like to see is a group of people who are just fascinated with him, with how he looks. Possibly to the point where they begin to alter themselves in order to look more like him?

A new trend in body mod, perhaps? And, of course, with this comes Kurt's reaction.

Like the Tiger guy from the convention C? People would get their skin dyed blue. Or attach a tail. Perhaps some would get fangs and pointed ears. In fact we have that very thing going on right now. People looking like vampires(not Goth either) or getting plastic surgery to look like cats. Interesting idea. :smirk

I'm all for finding out more about Azazel :azazel. The Draco just didn't quite deliver what I had hoped. I would like to know more about him. Oh, even bring in his half brothers Abyss :abyss and Kiwi :kiwi. They seem to have just disappeared into obscurity after Draco.

More on Nighty's family I'd say. :nodyes
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

The fisrt thing I'd like for Nightcrawler is a rogue gallery.
A bunch of characters who belong to him, to his universe, and not only from the X-men's universe.
I'd like him to have powerful oppenents, recognizable and charismatic ones.
If he could have his nemesis, like Wolverine has Sabretooth, it would be perfect.
...And also pals from his past, from his circus days perhap's, but, once again, outside the X-Men.
We all know the Xavier Institute is his home, but he needs to have a universe of his own if he's to find, like Roberto wrote, HIS place in the Marvel Universe.

Also, keep his sense of humor all the time. He sure can be depressed, like anybody else, but I'm sure Kurt will end each day with a joke and a smile.
It's a very important aspect of the character.

Finally, you're walking the right path with the fantasy, the magic. This kind of strange universe suit Kurt well, even better than science-fiction.
If Kurt coul learn some magic -with Doc strange perhap's ???-I'd be the happiest Scrawler ever.

That's all for today Darick. :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by SmoothBamf »

Originally posted by Diablo
A bunch of characters who belong to him, to his universe, and not only from the X-men's universe.
If he could have his nemesis, like Wolverine has Sabretooth, it would be perfect.
...And also pals from his past, from his circus days perhap's, but, once again, outside the X-Men.
We all know the Xavier Institute is his home, but he needs to have a universe of his own if he's to find, like Roberto wrote, HIS place in the Marvel Universe.

Also, keep his sense of humor all the time. He sure can be depressed, like anybody else, but I'm sure Kurt will end each day with a joke and a smile.

Finally, you're walking the right path with the fantasy, the magic. This kind of strange universe suit Kurt well, even better than science-fiction.
If Kurt coul learn some magic -with Doc strange perhap's ???-I'd be the happiest Scrawler ever.

I agree completely with every thing that you said, Diablo ,especially the rogues gallery of his own.
I would also like to add that I don't think that Kurt should be tied down to one girl (unles it's Cerise) he should flirt with all the ladies.
As some have said before me, I would also like to see some sword play and an overall showcasing of his fighting abilities.

thank you:bamf
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Ziox »

I like to see Kurt have a pet or at least try to, it would be hilarious to see some kind of creature (whatever you might have it be) have some kinda crazy attachment to Kurt, that could pop up every now and then and cause all kinds of trouble.

OH! And maybe have Spiderman make a cameo with him and Nightcrawler working together or even having them duke it out, I'm a big fan of both so getting a chance to see them working with each other that sure would be something!:shocked

Anywho thanks for leting us share, Darik. :)
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Saint Kurt »

This is so cool. I mean, even if you use none of it, it's amazing that you're even asking.

I think the thing about Nightcrawler that won me over in the first place is the fact that he is a former circus performer. I've fascinated with circus as long as I can remember and started performing when I was 15. Since then I've been active in the local circus arts community where ever I've lived. My fascination with it never seems to wane. I imagine it would be the same for someone like Kurt (maybe more so since it's never been more than a hobby for me.)

So I'd love to see some of that come up somehow, even if it's just him working out in the gym using a piece of circus equipment or something. That would make me so incredibly happy!

Thanks
-e
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Born Blue »

Originally posted by Diablo

Add in Amanda Sefton (who I still consider the one true love in his life), Margali Szardos, The Soul Sword, and occasionally Mystique and I think you've got a winner.

I also remember I started a thread where I said Kurt should learn magic since he has a deep history with it, but I was promptly booed. :D
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Singe »

- So Roberto wants to introduce a "new" love interest? I say make her (assuming it's a her ;)) NORMAL. Not an alien, not a sorceress, not even a mutant. I'd much rather see an interesting character that has to rely on personality to be likeable rather than wacky power. Besides, part of this book's theme is the world coming to terms with Kurt's appearance, yes?

- Abyss and Kiwi!

-Mystique's way too avoidant- she's got to confront poor Kurt sooner or later. I really would like to see more about how she feels about him. It's obvious she's got some maternal thing going on very deep down.
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I want to see him do something for the fun of it. Something simple like eating something he really likes and just enjoying it. When I see him do something for the fun of it it just makes him seem more real.
ElfSpam
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by ElfSpam »

I agree with what Northstars Love said earlier, in that I would really like to see the Azazel storyline expanded upon. I was intrigued when I first saw Azazel introduced (even though I thought the Draco arc was absolutely terrible), simply because I thought it would open so many opportunities for Kurt to express everything a well-written character should have been feeling. He had been a PRIEST, for pete's sake, and he just found out that his father was (sort of) Satan! He barely reacted. I would like to see some of the inner dialogue and turmoil Austen left out.
I'd also like to see some interaction with Mystique, simply because I don't think mother and son meet enough (agreeing with Singe's point above). And, Mystique is just an awesome character. It must be hereditary. :D
Thanks for listening, Darick! :)
This is a haiku;
Now I'm killing syllables;
I like fuzzy elves.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

You'll all be happy to know, without giving anything away, that there is not a single thing on this list so far that Roberto and I haven't discussed at length already! :)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Excellent. :)
I'm sure we'll be happy about the outcome of this discussion, too. :)
Why are the months sooo long ??
-Uh. To let you finish your work, perhap's... :D
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I agree with internutter too, I wanna see Kurt at his best :bamf:)
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

SWORD! Oh, and how about a SWORD! Or maybe a SWORD! All goofiness(is that even a word?) aside, I would really dig him running around with a sword or two. Also, that silver-tongued lady’s man aspect has always been a great part of him, which is probably part of why no one liked him as a priest. Sense of humor? Oh yes. Dezzy Dragon's suggestion of him just doing something for the fun of it or to unwind was great, too. Something like watching an old pirate movie while eating bratwurst(not Wolverine's or anything like that, dirty minds) or something would be awesome.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Teh Blu 1
SWORD! Oh, and how about a SWORD! Or maybe a SWORD!

suggestion of him just doing something for the fun of it or to unwind was great, too.... or something would be awesome.
Something like this? :naughty

Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Alright, Kurt fencing :)

And being beaten :o
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Zix »

Oooooo - that looks like epee. I love Kurt as an epee fencer. It's concetions to the rapier are just so very him.

Though ach! Look at Kurt's posture! Come on man, what are you doing with your hand? .... sorry.

Thankyou very much for actually asking Darick. I've got to second (or third) a lot of the proposals though. Lots of humour, upbeat understanding attitude, swords, Abyss, flirting. I also do like the philosophy and theological musings. Anything that is more character driven rather than plot driven (done well, which I sure you all will) is usually fantastic.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Woot! Kurt fencing. That rocks my socks. Seriously. My socks? Gone. Right out of the store(I'm at work, but I figure, comic store, comic forum. Really I am just doing market reserch, right?). And he isn't losing, he is just lulling her into thinking he is. Just give it a moment or two, then it is all over for her. But yeah, these sugestions felsen aus laut.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by InterNutter »

...also, in a practice session, those epees would be the ones with the blunt ends, so the blade would bend.

Technical detail from a gal whose folks used to fence ^_^ Heh.

Still loving the idea, though.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Solo Series Wish List

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Hell, I think the book is great. Just continue on in the current way.

So more of the silver-tongued devil, and no serious girlfriend. Give him plenty of female friends, lots of contact with women, like the scene with the nurse in the first issue. That was nice. But no serious relationships at least for the first bit. He's on the rebound from God.

And more scenes that just show him caring about people in general, like with the security guard.

And smut! Smuttysmutsmut! yaaaaaargh!! Smut!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir