CAAAAANDY

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OK people, it's the day after Halloween, for thgose who cellebrate it, how much candy did you get? 1 pound? 2 pounds? And if you didn't go out for candy, what did you do? SPEAK UP!!!

sugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugar

I collected 12 pounds of candy, drank a liter of Dr. Pepper, threw up, and have two blisters on my feet.
one name: Bruce Campbell
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

CAAAAANDY

Post by DeeJay »

What did you go as?

We don't really celebrate halloween here. :(
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

CAAAAANDY

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I was stuck at work all night sadly. I was dressed up as a Hogwarts student though. I had kids fallowing me about and pointing.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by DeeJay
What did you go as?

:surprise

I went as a softball player with my old softball team, as well as a tiger, a hag, a volleyball player, a giant hampster, and a rotting soldier(that wasn't funny) and my friend dressed up as Nightcrawler just to piss me off, because he was so damn purdy and he wouldn't let me tug on his tail, I just about jumped him when he came to the door:LOL.

Imagin. 17 high school students coming to you door yelling out TRICK-OR-TREAT!!

Don't worry about it hon, alot of people stayed in this year..at least in our neighborhood.
I stayed home last year passing out candy and watching horror flicks.
originally posted by Dezzy Dragon

I was dressed up as a Hogwarts student though. I had kids fallowing me about and pointing.
AWESOME!!!!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

CAAAAANDY

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by DeeJay
What did you go as?

Wow neither do we :shocked
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl

I collected 12 pounds of candy, drank a liter of Dr. Pepper, threw up, and have two blisters on my feet.
This is the first time I've heard a story like this where alcohol wasn't involved.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Maelstrom »

I've been a wee bit old to actually go door-to-door for a while now, but it's always fun to dress the house up and give candy out, especially to the really young kids (I'm talkin' 2 or so). I did another Nightcrawler pumpkin, the same as I did last year, but this time my 4+ hours of carving work will last forever! MUWAHAHAHAHA!! (It's on a Funkin.)

I guess my one big complaint was about the "lazy" trick-or-treaters. In America, on October 31st, it's tradition for kids to dress up in costumes and go door to door getting candy, right? So someone PLEASE explain to me why one third of the boys who showed up just came in their street clothes?? C'mon, guys! You can't just go around demanding candy without doing some effort, even it if's just covering yourself in a few rolls of toilet paper and saying you're a mummy! (This seems to be a new problem: I just started seeing it 5 years ago. :( )
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

That happens too much. Just tell them you ran out of candy.:p Or even better, give them the extra pennies that you have unless you actually collect pennies to turn in for money. Lazy butts should not be rewarded with candy that could be better suited for a four year old with an awesome costume.
They don't dress up because they are too lazy to wear a costume and they think that they can just get free candy by knocking ont the door.
originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
This is the first time I've heard a story like this where alcohol wasn't involved.
There was no alcohol because they spent all the money on candy and soda at the after party. We had a contest to see who could eat the most candy, and chug the most soda in 15 minutes. I ended up hoarking all over my friends sofa, and had a migraine later for all the sugar intake.
All the alcohol was at some other guys house...the police crashed it.
BLUE_2007
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

CAAAAANDY

Post by BLUE_2007 »

I have no idea how much candy I got, but it's way more than I got last year. I was dressed up as a gothic vampiress. I broke a pair of shoes (very uneven streets) and got a ton of Pixie Stix from my friend's boyfriend's mom. Sugary goodness in my veins!
Holy crap, it's been awhile!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

CAAAAANDY

Post by Tracker »

That happens too much. Just tell them you ran out of candy.:p Or even better, give them the extra pennies that you have unless you actually collect pennies to turn in for money. Lazy butts should not be rewarded with candy that could be better suited for a four year old with an awesome costume.
They don't dress up because they are too lazy to wear a costume and they think that they can just get free candy by knocking ont the door.
We just them give the cruddy candy;)
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by kurtlover »

Yes we don't celebrate Halloween in my country too.. but i was going to have a Halloween party with my friends, just to have fun.. they're killjoys, they cancelled the party three days before.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

at least two pounds... I have a complete backpack full of candy :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Northstars Love »

I stopped T & T 'ing many moons ago. I don't take to candy like I used to. I eat it on occasion but I can do that anyday. Now the 50-75% sales are on for those bags full of sweets still on the shelves.

Why so cheap? Gotta get ready for Christmas they say. *eep* I can't believe its already here. Again. :shocked
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

CAAAAANDY

Post by Lauren »

I was stuck at work. But then I dressed up in a medeval dress with a flower crown and played some DnD with my friends and ate candy.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
I stopped T & T 'ing many moons ago. I don't take to candy like I used to. I eat it on occasion but I can do that anyday. Now the 50-75% sales are on for those bags full of sweets still on the shelves.

Why so cheap? Gotta get ready for Christmas they say. *eep* I can't believe its already here. Again. :shocked
I expected my candy-loving to last well into my 20s but it didn't. I actually looked at those huge cheapo bags of candy and felt a distinct lack of interest. :shame

Christmas.... feh.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm going to buy those giant bags for myself when I grow up and become a fatty mc fat fat
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Maelstrom »

Actually, I did one better: I turned their plain old non-costumed asses away without a thing. :evil

I was nice about it, and no one vandalized the house or anything, but I was firm: no costume means no candy. I probably wouldn't have had more than a few tootsie rolls left over if everyone had dressed as they should. As is, I've got about a half pound of them left (out of 3 or 4 lbs mix total). Oh, shucky-darns... :lick
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

CAAAAANDY

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Maelstrom

Actually, I did one better: I turned their plain old non-costumed asses away without a thing. :evil

I was nice about it, and no one vandalized the house or anything, but I was firm: no costume means no candy. I probably wouldn't have had more than a few tootsie rolls left over if everyone had dressed as they should.
GO Maelstrom!!!!
As is, I've got about a half pound of them left (out of 3 or 4 lbs mix total). Oh, shucky-darns... :lick
We had nothing left in our candy bowl.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's good for you, Tootsie Rolls are grand
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

CAAAAANDY

Post by DeeJay »

I might host a Halloween party next year because I really want an excuse to dress up as Nightcrawler.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

CAAAAANDY

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I wa Nightcrawler, but my mom hasn't developed my pics yet, or I would've posted them by now:D:bamf